Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, so do you think the retin A is not working for me because of this? Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Rileygirl, so do you think the retin A is not working for me because of this? Thanks.

Hi, moosejavian. I don't want to say that the Retin A is not working, but I do think that you are not getting the most out of Nu Derm that you possibly could by not using the cream and mixing it with the Blender. By mixing the Blender and Retin A, you get the Retin A to sink down deeper, and you also get the Blender to down where it can make the most changes to the pigmentation. Hope that helps!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Another question, do you think the Nuderm would work on SH as well?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

Hi Moosejavian,
Pardon my ignorance, but was is SH? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
moosejavian wrote:

Hi Moosejavian,
Pardon my ignorance, but was is SH? Thanks!

Yep, same question!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, SH = sebaceous hyperplasia. They are the "bumps" on skin that are actually enlarged oil glands.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Sorry, SH = sebaceous hyperplasia. They are the "bumps" on skin that are actually enlarged oil glands.

I don't think Nu Derm will work on that, moosejavian.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

Thanks! I actually figured this out when I read the thread about bumpy skin.

I'm not sure if Nuderm would help this condition or not. So, even knowing what SH is, I'm still no help at all! Sorry.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

FYI, I have a small SH under my left eye, just on the cheekbone. The Obagi treatment did not help it at all. I'ts still there. Please post here if you find a treatment that will help with those. Crying or Very sad
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have another question for those of you experienced with the Nuderm. I have read that Retrinal cream can be substituted for the tretinoin, has anyone used this? Thanks!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
SunDapple, I have read that tretinoin is supposed to help with that, that's why I wondered whether the use of Nuderm works. I've read that you can do cautery or cryo freezing, applying topical ointments (didn't say which), photodynamnic therapy or laser.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
each time when i lose my faith in my obagi process, i come back to this post and read again
caswucher

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Every member of the audience on the Ellen show just got the Obagi Nu Derm kit! Feb 8, 2010 show.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Every member of the audience on the Ellen show just got the Obagi Nu Derm kit! Feb 8, 2010 show.

Cas, I didn't get to watch it, was there a professional who explained about it?
caswucher

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
No one explained it at all. I rarely see the show but it seems one of the guys that shows up on camera every once in a while was complemented for having great skin. He was asked what he uses on his face. He came out with a make-up bag of products and said "Obagi" and then Ellen said everyone in the audience gets the full plan. That was it.
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
each time when i lose my faith in my obagi process, i come back to this post and read again

I do that too! Have no idea how many times I have read these postings Smile
I'm on week 8 and it seems like every day is different. So happy about the progress one day, and wanna throw the whole lot in the bin the next. Redness is the worst for me now, especially the dark red areas around my mouth..
Malley

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing Obagi Condition and Enhance for 5 weeks now. I started off with .025 RA, then .050, and started .1 RA 2 weeks ago since I wasn't peeling or getting red at all. I was worried that it wasn't working since everyone seems to say that they experience a huge amount of peeling and redness withing the first week. I am following the Obagi guidelines. I am relieved to hear people state that your skin doesn't have to peel or be red for Obagi to work. Not that I want a red peeling face, but I really want my sun spots/Melasma to improve(if not go away all together) I am also using it on my chest to get rid of the sun damage there. I have noticed it is a little red there, but I can cover that with my shirts.
I am wondering if anyone ever went the entire 18 weeks with little to no peeling or redness? My skin gets dry and flaky from OTC BP!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Malley wrote:

I am wondering if anyone ever went the entire 18 weeks with little to no peeling or redness? My skin gets dry and flaky from OTC BP!

I went the entire time only having some flaking around my mouth area. I did have the redness, which is usually from the Exfoderm.

Just a question because a lot of time those who don't have major dryness, etc. are not using the correct amounts of the products, so are you measuring the amounts out?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Pardon me but I have another question. Is tretinoin ordered online worth it? I found one that is made in Thailand but is authorized by Jansen Cilag. It is from the renovaonline.com website. I'm a bit scared it would be a waste of money but also I guess I'm too lazy or embarassed to go back to my family dr to write me up another prescription for the cream.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Pardon me but I have another question. Is tretinoin ordered online worth it? I found one that is made in Thailand but is authorized by Jansen Cilag. It is from the renovaonline.com website. I'm a bit scared it would be a waste of money but also I guess I'm too lazy or embarassed to go back to my family dr to write me up another prescription for the cream.

Have you checked with All Day Chemist -- an online pharmacy based in India? Several eds members use them (including me) and their tretinoin is very, very, cheap but is quite effective. Last time I ordered, the shipping was around $25 so it might be cost effective to order several items. Just thought this might give you another option to look at.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
blueeyes wrote:
hellenzqq wrote:

I do that too! Have no idea how many times I have read these postings Smile
I'm on week 8 and it seems like every day is different. So happy about the progress one day, and wanna throw the whole lot in the bin the next. Redness is the worst for me now, especially the dark red areas around my mouth..

Helen and Blueeyes,
Reading posts also got me through! I think I've looked at all the threads related to Obagi at one time or another!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I like obagi sun cream.It is very soft and not greasy,so suitable for all skin types.
But it is weak for hot summer days.
Malley

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Malley wrote:

I went the entire time only having some flaking around my mouth area. I did have the redness, which is usually from the Exfoderm.

Just a question because a lot of time those who don't have major dryness, etc. are not using the correct amounts of the products, so are you measuring the amounts out?

I think I am putting enough of the Exfoderm Forte on. Maybe because I wear foundation make up, it's making it less effective? Are you not supposed to wear make up with Obagi? It's really not an option for me. There is no way I am leaving the house without my make-up. That mineral make-up doesn't give me enough coverage.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Malley wrote:

I think I am putting enough of the Exfoderm Forte on. Maybe because I wear foundation make up, it's making it less effective? Are you not supposed to wear make up with Obagi? It's really not an option for me. There is no way I am leaving the house without my make-up. That mineral make-up doesn't give me enough coverage.

You can wear make-up. It could be masking redness, but then again you may just not have any. Some people can just tolerate the products better than others.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kims, thanks but alldaychemist doesn't ship to Canada. I have emailed them and they suggested a different website so I will have to check that out.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |