Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
hey hey hey,,,,,beginning of 6th week,,,i am using obagi nuderm and todday is one happy day for me,,,,the results look good so far...

anyway...i ordered retin a 0.1 % from 4cornerspharmacy.com ....its very effective and total i had to pay 39 dollars including shipping ...but my hubby is soo crazy once i got the retin a,,,he cancelled my credit card cuz he thought that site could be a fraud...aaahhhh...i dont think its true...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone use anything else for their skin care routine while doing the obagi for the first 18wks? Or do you just strictly follow the Obagi day and night?

Maheen, 4corners doesn't deliver to Canada as well! How frustrating for me!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
MOsse javain,,,i have heard there r alot of pharmacies in canada who have retin a but u need a prescription for it....dont u know a derm who can write u a prescription...
My derm wrote me a prescription,,,my insurance said they wont cover it and thats why i had to purchase it from 4 corners....since my husband said its not a reliable site,,,dotn know what i would do once mine is finished and i need a second one...
dont u have a relative in USA whose adress u can give and then he or she can mail it to you ?
Sorry if its a wierd suggestion...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
6th week again.....just wanted to tell every one my skin is getting better and better every passing day,,,is it because the 6th week has started Smile

it usually doesnt look pretty at night but it is NOW Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mosejavian,,,i am really not applying any hting on my face these days ....and i m not even going tod do that till 24 weeks complete....i really want nuderm to work as efficiently as possible and dont wanna put anything on my face that can affect it efficiency Smile
dont know what other have to say about it...
I just like the feeling that each and everyday ur skin gets better and better,,,and its only the nuderm that u r doing...WOW...
By the way,,,which week is this for u ? i m not sure if u r also using obagi nuderm or not Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I don't have a derm but I do have relatives in the US so I can probably get it to them first then ship it to me. Oh and I started Nuderm Jan 5, so I guess I will be going on my 6th week.

Rileygirl, thanks for responding to me on the other thread regarding the OCM, wondering if you have incorporated that in your program while on Nuderm maintenance. Can I use that on the days that I will not be using Nuderm when I'm on maintenance? TIA!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
WOW Moosejavian thats sooo surprising...i started on Jan 5th too Smile so 6th week for me as well Smile
How are things going so far with u ? what was the reason u started using this system...
As i mentioned in my first post,,,i started it for blotchiness(that was all over my face and was realllly ugly ),,,,scars left by acne,melasma( a little bit),rough dry lifeless skin,,,enlarged pores....overall dirty looking skin ,,even foundation wont work....
I reall wanna know what nuderm has done for u so far and what was the reason of using it...
I hope by the end of 18th week we have achieved the results we want to aachieve...
Hope things r better for u now since 6th week has started...

My skin is not that raw looking any more,,,red but much less than when i started,,,peeling but too much apparent(since i rub it with my hands everyda while i m in the shower))).....the breakout(they were few) caused when i started retin a,,has almost subsided and disappearing....Scars left by the previous acne is still there,,,somedays it looks the same and othersday it seems a bit better,,,blotchiness almost gone,,,skin looks vibrant and hs a more even tone(and thats the main reason i started nuderm....so far i m happy with the overall results and the best things is that ,,,still more than half of the course is left so hopefully will see more results...
tk care and best of luck....
Malley

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
WOW Moosejavian thats sooo surprising...i started on Jan 5th too Smile so 6th week for me as well Smile
How are things going so far with u ? what was the reason u started using this system...
As i mentioned in my first post,,,i started it for blotchiness(that was all over my face and was realllly ugly ),,,,scars left by acne,melasma( a little bit),rough dry lifeless skin,,,enlarged pores....overall dirty looking skin ,,even foundation wont work....
I reall wanna know what nuderm has done for u so far and what was the reason of using it...
I hope by the end of 18th week we have achieved the results we want to aachieve...
Hope things r better for u now since 6th week has started...

My skin is not that raw looking any more,,,red but much less than when i started,,,peeling but too much apparent(since i rub it with my hands everyda while i m in the shower))).....the breakout(they were few) caused when i started retin a,,has almost subsided and disappearing....Scars left by the previous acne is still there,,,somedays it looks the same and othersday it seems a bit better,,,blotchiness almost gone,,,skin looks vibrant and hs a more even tone(and thats the main reason i started nuderm....so far i m happy with the overall results and the best things is that ,,,still more than half of the course is left so hopefully will see more results...
tk care and best of luck....

I also started Jan 5th and for the same reasons as you. Mostly for Melasma that is hard to hide with liquid foundation. Hate my large pores too. Have had the same experience with Nuderm so far, execpt I haven't really been red or peeling too much. I have been using RA .1 I did Obagi Clenziderm a couple of months ago and it didn't do anything for me. I am hoping Nuderm is different!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Can I use that on the days that I will not be using Nuderm when I'm on maintenance? TIA!

You should be able to do that while on maintenance without problems. Just be careful. I have read that the OCM can initially lead to breakouts/purging! I tried the OCM just a few times, but I went back to my Obagi C-RX cleanser, which I prefer. But, everyone likes different things/feelings on their skin, so give it a go when you are done with your 18 weeks!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Malley great....we all r on the same boat...i am sure things are going to be much much different once we have completed our 18 weeks...actually i m gonig for 24 week cycle,,,and after that i wont be able to do the maintenance for few months since me and my hubby want to concieve another baby...so lets see....will try to keep the results with timepeel microderm machine that i ll probably purchase in july....
i am having good results so far...Riley girl and Kims are the two people who have always motivated me and always assured me that things will be really good at the end of 18 weeks cycle and now since i have entered my 6th week,,,i have finally started to see some good changes....like some real changes that i was nt seeing uptil 5th week...my face has gotten much even toned...i m really happy about it....
I dont know how is Clenziderm dfferent than nuderm system...well i did TCA strong peels done twice before nuderm and soon after the next day of Tca peels,,,i could tell there was no difference in my skin.,...yeah there was a big difference in the money in my wallet,,,350 dollars each time...woah...what a rip off..
anway i m sure everything will be fine for all of us...and we ll be really happy ...
Has ur melasma diminished so far ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Moosejavian....i m replying u here instead of ur inbox....
Actually i did this mistake of not taking any pictures before starting this system....i realized that the day before yesterday when i thought i should take some pics to compare it with the past...anyway i still did take some pictures and honestly i realized that even though there is still room for improvemnet,,,,my skin was looking much better than before....ofcourse i can tell the difference since i always used to take close up pics of mine and wass always sad to see how blotchy and hyperpigmented uneven my face used to look in the photos and this time there was some blotchiness,,,but was very very less than before...so yes i know there is improvement...
U started for the same reasons i did but the only difference is that u dont have hyperpigmentation or blothiness....
The blotchiness makes ur face look really ugly seriously..i m 30 and i used to look 45...and now i look hmmm i guess 38 hahaha and hoopefully soon i ll start to look my age if not less Smile
Anyway best of luck..hang in there,,,u ll be very surprised and happy with the results....Riley girl says this Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
My hyperpigmentation is not really from the melasma but from acne spots and just the overall color is not even. When I get brave enough I will post before and after pics.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Here it is, got the time to get the pics off the camera. Took both of them with the flash on, not sure of the best way to take macro pics.

Before (there were a few brown spots on the right side of my cheek plus the large pores)

6 wks (brown spots have faded but still large pores)
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:02 am      Reply with quote
wowwwwwwwww Moosejavian....u r skin is doing great...i can see the difference in the before and after photos....the overall skin has become more toned and the spots that u had on ur right side are gone,,,the porse have shrunk...WOW...amazing,.,,,and its only 6 weeks,,,is nt that a magic ? hmmm i havent taken any before pics so dont know if there will be any point of posting my 6week pics..anyway i dont know how to upload the pics here,,,may be u can tell me...
sooooo happy for u and more encouraged to see ur results..
Hang in there,,the best is yet to come...Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Maheen but the pore size is deceiving. Some days it seems as large as before and sometimes it looks better. I don't know if it's really improved or just depends on my skin's mood for the day.

For your pics you have to upload it to a website like photobucket first and then you can paste the link of your pic to your post.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moosejavian,
Thanks so much for posting your pictures!! I know it takes a lot of courage and you should be proud of yourself! I think your results are just great! Your skin looks like it's improving and it's really only been a short while.

I pretty much used just the Obagi products the entire time with the exception of toner and sunscreen. I wanted to get the best results possible and didn't add any other products until maintenance.

Also, just want to say that you have really great lips too!!

Maheen,
Sounds like you're upbeat about your progress. Good for you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Aww, thanks Kims! Glad to see you back on the boards.

My other question is do you guys think because of my skin color that using clear is causing too much whitening? I was debating whether I should switch to the Clear FX which doesn't contain hydroquinone? I am thinking my face might look really white while the rest of my body is still brown.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Aww, thanks Kims! Glad to see you back on the boards.

My other question is do you guys think because of my skin color that using clear is causing too much whitening? I was debating whether I should switch to the Clear FX which doesn't contain hydroquinone? I am thinking my face might look really white while the rest of my body is still brown.

moosejavian, your skin tone looks really good and in such a short time!

Are you using the Clear only once a day? I know that for darker skin tones that is what is usually the recommendation.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, thanks! I used the clear 2x/day. Yeah this is what they said on the Obagi website:
Note: If you have dark skin, use Clear on your entire face once a day, preferably in the morning, and apply at night only on the darkest areas. Once you achieve satisfying results, use Clear only as needed. They never mentioned anything about the option for Clear FX.

Oh and I can't remember which Obagi thread I read it but what Nuderm products can you use on the neck? Was it clear and blender/tret but not the exfoderm?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Rileygirl, thanks! I used the clear 2x/day. Yeah this is what they said on the Obagi website:
Note: If you have dark skin, use Clear on your entire face once a day, preferably in the morning, and apply at night only on the darkest areas. Once you achieve satisfying results, use Clear only as needed. They never mentioned anything about the option for Clear FX.

Oh and I can't remember which Obagi thread I read it but what Nuderm products can you use on the neck? Was it clear and blender/tret but not the exfoderm?

moosejavian, if you are happy with your skin color on your face at this time, maybe you should reduce the Clear to 3 times a week or so?
(The Clear FX has been around for a while from my understanding, but is only sold outside of the US, so I don't know anything about those products!)

Yes, you can use the Clear and the Blender/Retin A on your neck/chest area, but not the Exfoderm. Also, they recommend starting out only twice a week on the neck/chest area as it is more sensitive.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, this is the description for the Clear FX: Clear FX is a brightening cream specially formulated with Arbutin and anti-oxidants to enhance even skin tone for all skin types. Does not contain Hydroquinone.

What do you think?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Rileygirl, this is the description for the Clear FX: Clear FX is a brightening cream specially formulated with Arbutin and anti-oxidants to enhance even skin tone for all skin types. Does not contain Hydroquinone.

What do you think?

You could certainly give it a try and see how it works for you! If it is not maintaining that you have, then you could always go back to the Clear?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Rileygirl! In the end I still re-ordered the Clear so I can start using it on my neck. I will probably be using the Clear on my face 2-3x per week now. And then on my 3rd cycle I will try the Clear FX.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
was invited by javian to take a look at pics...

love them! huge results! Shock very nice.
you have pretty skin, now its lighter.

jav, you have lush eyelashes. i love them! let me know if you're using a product on them... though they look natural. they're really thick and long. holy! Very Happy

sorry, leaving now.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Malley

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I was gone for the week at Disneyland. I was good and wore sunscreen and a big dorky hat! The pictures don't appear to be posted anymore? I would love to see them. I still can't see much difference in my skin and I am at about week 7. Trying to be patient!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |