Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Wed May 26, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
pinkpaperdoll wrote:

Hi wickedwitch! how's ur skin been doing? this is my 9th day on Nuderm and so far, no breakouts as i expected except for just one tiny thing below my lip..

I'm on my third week and it's been great. I didn't get any breakouts/purging. In fact my derm was quite amazed that I didn't purge, she was expecting the worst that's why she put me on antibiotics. I've stopped taking them after two weeks, she said I didn't need them.

My skin now feels smooth, although I still have two active pimples, there is definitely significant improvement. My stubborn pustules and papules have now cleared and the marks are also starting to fade. I'm still on the same regimen, as my derm feels it's working jusst fine. In about a week I return to see if we should increase usage of exfoderm or complex a/blender mix.

Needlesss to say, I'm loving obagi!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi WWW,
Wow! It sounds like you're having some great results in a very short amount of time! Hope you have continued success. Thanks for the update!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so here is my update.
Well, it's been a long ride. By the 11th or 12th week my complexion was/is at the point just right, but my skin was very, very dry and decided to stop the Retin-A/Blender and Exfoderm. I was noticing some skin textures in some little patches that I did not like, very dry and wrinkly. I know it is part of the program but at my age I cannot afford to look like that even for a week because I feel down.

So, I saw a dermatologist about a week ago. He told me to keep using the Clear and to discontinue the other products if I wanted. He tried to sell me some Swiss something stuff, but I know better and decided to go back to my cleansing and toners by Clarins since I still have a lot of stuff that I bought on some sale.
Sure enough, my skin has returned to how it was originally in terms of moisture with the addition that the dark patches are 90% gone (just a couple of freckles left). I discovered Emu oil by Skinbiology and glominerals serum and in a week's time my skin feels normal and not dry anymore.
I am using the Clear twice a day.
I keep a close watch on any change of color on my skin and to my surprise my skin tone keeps getting better and has not reversed.

I also had my blood work results back and my hormones were/are out of whack, therefore I am getting some HRT treatment ASAP, doctor's recommendation. I suspected the dry skin was not only due to retin-a or some other topical. I trust that having some hormones back into my system will help a bit with the dryness and wrinkling I easily experience being menopausal.

I am very, very happy I discovered Obagi because I don't have those ugly dark patches that I'm sure made me look older than I am. I feel very confident now and love to use my nude and pink lipsticks that goes well with my lighter, clean complexion and don't need of heavy makeup anymore!!!!

At some point if my skin gets thicker, I expect to do the treatment again with Exfoderm and Retin-A 2 or 3 times x week, or if my dark patches return, I will sure come back to using those products because I prefer to have a dry skin than a dirty looking face -in my case-.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Margarett,
You've got some interesting results going on! I'm so glad that everything is working out for you in terms of Obagi and HRT.

While I'm not quite in the throes of full blown menopause, I know that I'm experiencing many symptoms of peri-menopause. Oh, what fun it is to be a woman in your late 40's!!

Please keep us updated on the results of Nuderm and HRT. While Obagi has really helped with pigmentation issues ( age spots, freckles) the texture of my skin leaves a lot to be desired!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Magarett, that swiss something that your derm tried to sell you wouldn't be Neocutis would it?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Magarett, that swiss something that your derm tried to sell you wouldn't be Neocutis would it?

I doubled checked his website and it is SwissTEC, rileygirl!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Margarett,
You've got some interesting results going on! I'm so glad that everything is working out for you in terms of Obagi and HRT.

While I'm not quite in the throes of full blown menopause, I know that I'm experiencing many symptoms of peri-menopause. Oh, what fun it is to be a woman in your late 40's!!

Please keep us updated on the results of Nuderm and HRT. While Obagi has really helped with pigmentation issues ( age spots, freckles) the texture of my skin leaves a lot to be desired!

Hi, kims!
It is good that one goes after our doctors to check on those hormones around the menopause years; I am no expert here but I am fully convinced that hormones play a huge role on how we age on our faces and no matter the amount of moisturizers if your skin is not able to retain that moisture due to hormonal imbalances, then it is a complete waste. I was taking Maca prior to all this for like 3 months and I could feel and see big changes (for good) on my face and body, libido, etc.
I stopped taking it because I think that Maca (which is natural from Peru) makes you gain weight. It makes wonders for your breasts and butt (fuller) but it also makes you gain in other places and I did not like that at all!
I am going to take it as an emergency for a month and do some more exercise plus the other hormones the dr. prescribed.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I doubled checked his website and it is SwissTEC, rileygirl!

Thanks, magarett!
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Fri May 28, 2010 1:05 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi WWW,
Wow! It sounds like you're having some great results in a very short amount of time! Hope you have continued success. Thanks for the update!

I am keeping my fingers crossed. But just today, my skin is feeling weird - flaky all over tight and dry in some areas and significantly oily all over at the same time. I am thinking that this is all part of the process so all is good. So long as I have no breakouts, that is. I guess it's because the weather here in the Philippines has been really weird where it looks like it's going to pour rain anytime but the temperature just keeps going up.

Thank you for your well-wishes, I will update when I have something to update on. I really am hoping to get really improved skin by August or September Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
WickedWitchOfTheWest wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi WWW,

I am keeping my fingers crossed. But just today, my skin is feeling weird - flaky all over tight and dry in some areas and significantly oily all over at the same time. I am thinking that this is all part of the process so all is good. So long as I have no breakouts, that is. I guess it's because the weather here in the Philippines has been really weird where it looks like it's going to pour rain anytime but the temperature just keeps going up.

Thank you for your well-wishes, I will update when I have something to update on. I really am hoping to get really improved skin by August or September Smile

My skin behaved like this too -- tight, dry, peely, but still oily (especially in high humidity.) Obagi seems to make your skin have a mind of its own!!

I think you'll see a lot of positive results by September. Keep us updated!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi WWW,

If you keep at it, you will have good results. I see no reason why not. Those products are very effective and good that you have oily skin to protect you from even more dryness. My oil glands are death, just death, hair and skin (old age Laughing ). I used to be oily when younger. The irritation is annoying, but think how good you'll look when it's all done!
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Sat May 29, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
kims and margarett,

Thank you so much! You are giving me the encouragement I need. Smile Today started well, with my skin being basically normal, by mid-day my skin was flaking all over and by night time, my skin feels tight and thin.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you had any problems with makeup application. I tried using benefit coralista the other day and now, only the shimmers seem to attach to my face and it takes a lot for any color to show through! And I'm quite fair at that. It's really weird...
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Make up can be really tough with Obagi. Since your face is constantly peeling, it's hard to find one that will look good all day.

I'm pretty fair too, and during the middle of Nuderm I used Jane Iredale mineral make up pretty successfully. Liquid make up was almost impossible to use with all the flaking!

I think for most of us, the whole make up issue has been trial and error. Some people choose no make up during this time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I don't remember trying to apply foundation on my face for the whole time I did the intense treatment. My mouth area was very red and flaky some days, even tinted sunscreen would look terrible, but I did try concealer on those areas and on the freckles I wanted to disguise. At the end of the 11th or 12th week, when I had less flakes I started experimenting with foundations.
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Sat May 29, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your responses! I guess it's because I'm not too flaky as my regimen is quite similar to the maintenance regimen, so it's still ok to use foundation and makeup. I use NARS Sheer glow and it seems to be fine. I am intrigued by Jane Iredale, I will have to check that out. I don't like mineral makeup though because it tends to enhance my large pores. Confused
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am just back from the Lancome counter, trying out some mascaras and the girl at the counter complimented on my skin and told me that I have such a flawless skin, she did not feel the need to recommend anything else from her line!!!

If I feel brave enough, I will post some pre-post Obagi once I get a new digital camera.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
I am just back from the Lancome counter, trying out some mascaras and the girl at the counter complimented on my skin and told me that I have such a flawless skin, she did not feel the need to recommend anything else from her line!!!

If I feel brave enough, I will post some pre-post Obagi once I get a new digital camera.

That's great to hear Margarett!! Sounds like you're an Obagi success -- in a pretty short amount of time too.

I would love to see photos when you get a chance!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your responses! I guess it's because I'm not too flaky as my regimen is quite similar to the maintenance regimen, so it's still ok to use foundation and makeup. I use NARS Sheer glow and it seems to be fine. I am intrigued by Jane Iredale, I will have to check that out. I don't like mineral makeup though because it tends to enhance my large pores. Confused

Wicked, I hear you on pore enhancement with the mineral makeup. My pores are pretty big to begin with and with the MMU on top, they look large enough to be acne scars. Smashbox photofinish primer helps ALOT to counteract the effect of the MMU and reduce appearance of pore size.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Kristy,
When do you apply the primer? After sunscreen? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

What a Great compliment! I would love to see before/afters photos when you can. Very Happy
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Kristy,
When do you apply the primer? After sunscreen? Thanks!

I apply the primer after sunscreen and immediately before MMU. If you go to Sephora you can get a sample to test for a few days before you buy. I bought the green colored primer to also neutralize the redness on my face and it helps on my 'good' days when I only have slight redness but on days where I'm full on tomato face, it's useless as a color corrector.

Makeup Forever has a green primer but I don't like it much. While the green is more 'lime-ish' colored and does slightly better at color correction, it doesn't do anything for my pores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats Margarett!!! That is so awesome!

If you ladies have not joined the Obagi circle yet, you might want to check it out. You could be an "Obagi ambassador" and get a chance to win free Obagi products "for life". I think you need to submit your success story and you could be picked to win!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, my Obagi sisters!
I hope not to disappoint you. I just have to find my digital camera on a good sale at ebay.
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

Congratulations, Margarett! This is really great! Smile
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:

Wicked, I hear you on pore enhancement with the mineral makeup. My pores are pretty big to begin with and with the MMU on top, they look large enough to be acne scars. Smashbox photofinish primer helps ALOT to counteract the effect of the MMU and reduce appearance of pore size.

Thanks for the tip, Kristy! However, I have tried the smashbox photofinish primer some time back and it really didn't do much for me. I am currently using YSL Matte touch and it really helps my liquid foundation go smoothly. I find that it helps prep my skin for foundation because the obagi sunblock is quite thick and gets oily after a while, making any foundation quite heavy. Maybe I should try it with MMU as well. Thanks again!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |