Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mkless

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 am      Reply with quote
hello,
this is my 5th day of using the Obagi
can anyone please advice how to deal with the red face itching, peeling and sore face?

thanks much
and have a great day
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mkless!
Ah, the dreaded peeling, redness, ect. When I did the 18 weeks, I just put up with it. It was much worse the first month and then calmed down quite a bit. Some of the suggestions I got here at EDS were to use Jane Iredale powder foundation to tone down the red.Also, Try doing the Retin A every other day. Until my coworkers got used to it, people kept asking me what was wrong. I will say, I was so happy with the results and even had 2 friends do the regime because they were impressed by my results. It helps coming to this forum for support.
Good luck and keep us posted with your experience.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi! c4ward
I want to try Obagi, I really want to know how long will the peeling keep on? does it has side-effect? I'm a bit scared of the peeling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
The peeling lasts different times for everyone. For me, it was really bad for a month and then just a little the rest of the time. IT's so worth it though. The results are second to none. Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
The peeling lasts different times for everyone. For me, it was really bad for a month and then just a little the rest of the time. IT's so worth it though. The results are second to none. Hope that helps.

c4ward, Thank you very much!
your words allow me not so worry about peeling, I am going to try obagi, and I hope the peeling will not last too long for me.
Chris Ann
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm in my 13th week. Looking forward to my 18th week, when I hopefully will have close to flawless skin(wishful thinking). Anyway, to answer your question, Obagi makes a product called Tolereen that helps, but instead of buying, you can get hydro-cortisone cream at your local drug store. Same ingredients so you will not compromise the results by using this unlike using a moisturizer. Stick with it, so far I am really pleased with my results!
shellz
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!
I started using Obagi 9 days ago. I am only using the clear (am & pm) and the blender/tretinoin .05 (pm)every other night for the first week, now every night. The nurse at my derms office said I could get by with using the cetaphil as a cleanser and to use a good sunblock with zinc. Am I making a mistake by not using the exfoderm? I seem to be right on track as far as redness and peeling go..no lack of either!! I am 44, have medium skin with LOTS of sun damage, a bit of acne. Very excited about this whole process and have thoroughly enjoyed reading about all of your progress on this forum! Looking forward to joining in Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Chris Ann-
Great to hear your progress!
Shellz-
It's great that you have a nurse advising you! I look forward to hearing your progress!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
shellz wrote:
Am I making a mistake by not using the exfoderm?

As long as your nurse didn't advise it, I wouldn't worry about it. There were a lot of us that used that product for 6 weeks and then really backed off, as it seemed to be the cause of the redness!
shellz
5% products discount

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks I won't be getting the exfoderm then. My face is red enough as it is! I did spend a bit of time in the shower this morning to remove some of the skin and that helped immensely. I panicked last night due to the burning feeling while washing my face, and posted on another thread to see if that was normal. Better today, will cut back the trint and blender to pearl size for a few days Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
reanihas wrote:
OK, I am definitely a little slow, but I am confused about the application of elastiderm eye cream. Does it go on BEFORE or AFTER application of all the nu-derm products. Also, what is safe to put on your eye area? Should I be applying product on my eyes, like the blender and retin A etc?

Also, I am a runner and live in the Northeast, where the weather can get crazy cold. What should I do/use to help protect my face from the blistering cold wind that I experience on my runs. Thanks everyone.

PS Rileygirl - you are a rockstar and I have learned SOOOOOOOO much from you (as well as some other fabulous members)

PPS - I am a burn-trauma nurse, and had a patient ask if I was this kind of nurse from a burn I suffered (on my face I am assuming they meant) Sad Sad

Hi, reanihas. I am so sorry that I just saw this. Thank you for the compliment!

That is a great question about the eye cream. When I used it, I used it after the other products. However, the study done on it has it used on bare skin, so I think that might be a key as why some people have great results with it, and others, like myself, didn't have much of anything! I would say to try it first on your eyes, and then apply your other products. If you aren't noticing any improvement after 8 weeks, switch it around and try it the other way!

As far as products around the eyes, everything Except the Exfoderm can be used near the eyes, and the Clear, Blender/RA can be used on the lids, as well.

Hope you are doing well on the Nu Derm. Stick with it. Still the best thing I have ever used! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
shellz wrote:
Ok, thanks I won't be getting the exfoderm then. My face is red enough as it is! I did spend a bit of time in the shower this morning to remove some of the skin and that helped immensely. I panicked last night due to the burning feeling while washing my face, and posted on another thread to see if that was normal. Better today, will cut back the trint and blender to pearl size for a few days Smile

LOL. That is the best little trick out there, standing under the shower, gently rubbing all that dead skin off!! Good idea to cut the amount for a few days and see!
shellz
5% products discount

Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
So it's day 19. Had to break out the aquaphor for a couple areas on my chin but other than that everything seems to be right on track. Lots of peeling ALL OVER, and lots of redness even without the exfoderm...think it's the Clear. I must say even with the peeling and redness my skin looks much better than pre-Obagi. I didn't expect to see such a drastic change so soon. This is very exciting for me to know that I will be able to get out of bed in the morning and not feel like I have to immediately put on makeup! Yay Obagi Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:33 am      Reply with quote
That's great news, Shellz! That's wonderful that you're noticing results in such a short period of time.

I've been using Obagi for almost two years and I also think the Clear along with the Blender/retin a combo can make you very red. I'm on maintenance and if I slack off for a week or so I can still get quite red and peely when I start using the products again.

Stick with it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shellz.
I'm so happy you are already seeing results. I'm on maintanance like Kims and still sometimes get a little flaky. Over all, my skin looks so much better. Someone I don't know complimented me on my skin yesterday. Totally made my day. Thanks Obagi Nu Derm.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Day 26. Not feelin as good about it as I did a week ago! Now my face looks more wrinkly and old Sad up and down...guess that's what I'm in store for. So I leave for Mexico in just under 3 weeks for 7 days. I've read in other threads that it is probably best to leave the Obagi at home for the vacay, how long should I stop it before I leave? I will make sure I use alot of sunblock while there but don't really want to be peeling and wrinkly for the trip, will 3 or 4 days before I go be ok? Thanks for your help Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shellz.
That sounds like a good plan although I'm not an expert. Strangely, just last week I developed wrinkles around my eyes that hadn't been there. I wonder if I'm allergic to something since they came on overnight. I don't mind getting older, I just want to look the best I can. Let us know how you do on vacation. I hope you have a blast!
Coleen - c4ward

5% products discount

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone felt like their face looks slightly swollen while on Obagi? I seem to be getting alot of comments about my eyes looking tired lately and I think that everything is kind of puffy. 4 week mark today and my face is very red, tight, and peely. Feels hot all the time.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
shellz wrote:
Has anyone felt like their face looks slightly swollen while on Obagi? I seem to be getting alot of comments about my eyes looking tired lately and I think that everything is kind of puffy. 4 week mark today and my face is very red, tight, and peely. Feels hot all the time.

Hi Shellz,
I don't think I ever felt swollen but I definitely felt tight, peely, and hot. It seemed like as the day wore on, my face would get redder and feel hotter.

I also felt "older looking" at first too. It's like every potential line or wrinkle came out of the closet!! Thankfully, as your skin becomes more acclimated to the products, you will look better.

There are definitely highs and lows with Obagi. It is, indeed, quite a journey.

As for your trip, I would stop the products 5-7 days ahead of time. And definitely, don't forget your sunscreen!

(If you continue to feel swollen, maybe you should check with your derm or esthetician.)

5% products discount

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims & c4ward! I have ordered Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 for my trip and am looking forward to not having that white sheen to my face from the sunscreen! My peeling is increasing by the hour everyday now, cheeks & temples too. Into my 5th week now and was going to cut back blender/trint to every other night but will just stick with it for 9 more days then stop till after my vacation. While I am off should I be wearing a moisturizer at night?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
shellz wrote:
Thanks Kims & c4ward! I have ordered Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 for my trip and am looking forward to not having that white sheen to my face from the sunscreen! My peeling is increasing by the hour everyday now, cheeks & temples too. Into my 5th week now and was going to cut back blender/trint to every other night but will just stick with it for 9 more days then stop till after my vacation. While I am off should I be wearing a moisturizer at night?

Hi Shellz,
You might not need a moisturizer at night. One thing about stopping Obagi during your trip is that your skin will return to "normal" and you'll actually be able to see how much progress you've been making! And don't worry about impeding the process; just pick up your routine when you get back home.

During my Nuderm regime, I did take Clear with me while on vacation and I used it in the evenings. Just a thought...

Have a great trip! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody, I have been using 0.025% Retin A every second day for 10 days, my face is peeling now, while I do not have Obagi Exfoderm Forte in my kit , can I use other gentle Exfoliating Cream instead?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:06 am      Reply with quote
dongss_1999 wrote:
Hi everybody, I have been using 0.025% Retin A every second day for 10 days, my face is peeling now, while I do not have Obagi Exfoderm Forte in my kit , can I use other gentle Exfoliating Cream instead?

Hi Dongss,
I would be very careful using any exfoliating product while using Obagi. Be as gentle as possible when trying to get rid of the "peelies."

That being said, I was very successful using my Clarisonic once a day with the Nuderm cleanser or just using a regular wash cloth.

What other "exfoliating cream" were you wanting to try?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

Hi Dongss,
I would be very careful using any exfoliating product while using Obagi. Be as gentle as possible when trying to get rid of the "peelies."

That being said, I was very successful using my Clarisonic once a day with the Nuderm cleanser or just using a regular wash cloth.

What other "exfoliating cream" were you wanting to try?

Smile I have Janson Beckett DermaPlex EP Exfoliating Peel, so I want to use it. Is it suitable?
If not, what do you recommend? Very Happy

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to the forum and am a new user of Obagi Nu-Derm. I'm now on my 4th week.

I was convinced by a friend who'd used it about 2 years ago. It took a loooong time before I actually went ahead with it. Like most people, I was apprehensive of the peeling bit...and well, the price ;P But middle of last year my skin broke out bad and I had such an uneven skin tone, my complexion was just bad, I could NOT and would Not go out without any make up on, so I finally decided to go ahead and give it a try.

The Doctor at the Obagi Center I went to advised me these, to help with my acne and the dark scars that it had caused :

AM Routine
Cleansing Gel
Toner
T-Pads
Clear
Exfoderm
Sunblock (I absolutely LOVE this product! It's lightweight, makes my skin feel smooth and soft, and I don't have to wear make up)

PM Routine
Cleansing Gel
Toner
T-Pads
Clear
Blender + Tretinoin every other day
Vit-C Night Therapy every other day

To help with the itching, redness and tight feeling, I use Tolereen. This really does help.
For the dryness, I use Action. Though when I put it over my flaking skin, it makes no difference Sad bummer there. It does relieve the dry feeling though.

I've noticed that the T-pads made my skin feel even more dry, so I only use it every night instead of AM and PM.

Most of my old acne has cleared, save for the major ones on my left cheek. Although now I've noticed new ones coming out Sad and not the small kind. It's the big red bumpy kind. Not a lot though. But there nonetheless.

I've read in some forums that that is expected. but having new breakouts, plus the peeling is seriously taking a toll on my public life and self-image. But like I read, and what my derma and friend says, I gotta stick with it to see the results. So i gotta stay positive.

My friend who got me into Obagi has clear skin. Lucky her.

Another problem I am wondering if Obagi can fix - little veins on my face. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this.

Also, I've been applying Obagi to my face only..and I'm starting to notice that my face is getting much lighter than my neck. Should I use the product on my neck to in order to even the tone? Is it advisable? Oh my, imaging a peeling neck Sad

I've been peeling pretty much for the past 2 weeks. Major peeling! I can't wear make-up since it seems to accentuate the flaking skin even more. So I just finish off with the sunblock, which is okay since it's tinted.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |