Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have been having the same RED problem mid day as well. 1st let me say my skin is super super sensative so my derm is now taking me very slowly......I was using everything exforderm every 3rd day and tret/blender every 3rd night. BAD IDEA...I can not use the exforderm at all so I am now for the next 2 weeks only cleanser/toner/ss ONLY no clear or tret/belnder at all. Then they will look at my face which was bright red and raw and will use Bio Medic scrub rather than exforderm and my tret/blender maybe 2 nights a week it may take longer but Iam glad my derm is custom making a plan for me. I may also use some of the Rosacea line to help calm things or from the C-Line more like a custom built system. I can not use foundation at this point mine is oil free and its way to drying so I may look into a tinted moisterizer Iam saying all this because I went thru the program 2 years ago ITS GREAT BUT MY SKIN HAS CHANGED hang in everyone talk to you Derm and cut back if need be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Red Head,
You make some really good points in your post. Our skin does change from year to year and what worked the first time may not the second. Which is also why seeing a derm is a good idea so he/she can help customize a treatment plan for you.

Thanks for the update!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Iam saying all this because I went thru the program 2 years ago ITS GREAT BUT MY SKIN HAS CHANGED hang in everyone talk to you Derm and cut back if need be.

Totally agree, which is why I always think people need to at least start Nu Derm with a doctor or esthetician.

ETA: I started using the Obagi Rosaclear Hydrating Lotion in the morning as my last step before sunscreen. This lotion is tinted very lightly to diminish the red look. However, I find that at this stage when I am dry and flaking it makes my skin look even worse. I do like it though and it may be an option for those who have the redness from the products.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice.....I think I rather go slow and get results then full on and have misery LISTEN TO YOUR SKIN.....

5% products discount

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! haha i think i might be the first guy here using Obagi. Just started 2 days ago. Derm perscribed the blender, retin 0.025 and exfoderm for me. I have quite sensitive skin, hopefully this will work for me too!

P.S just a question. Do obagi users have to avoid the sun forever, even during maintenence phase? I can't see myself not doing any more outdoor sports.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:01 am      Reply with quote
No you can still enjoy activities just make sure to always wear heavy duty sunscreen. I have very sensative skin so please be careful and listen to how you skin reacts as you can see my program is designed for my skin make sure your derm does not cookie cutter you into you have to do this or it won't work that is how you can get discouraged

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 am      Reply with quote
mike1987 wrote:
Hi everyone! haha i think i might be the first guy here using Obagi. Just started 2 days ago. Derm perscribed the blender, retin 0.025 and exfoderm for me. I have quite sensitive skin, hopefully this will work for me too!

P.S just a question. Do obagi users have to avoid the sun forever, even during maintenence phase? I can't see myself not doing any more outdoor sports.

You don't have to avoid the sun, but definitely keep up with the protection. Sunscreens, hats, etc, especially when on Retin A.
mike1987
5% products discount

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot rileygirl and red head. My derm instructed me to use the products every other day to ease into it i guess. My skin suffers from mild eczema(in the past) and rosacea tho. Is it suitable for obagi? Thanks
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
mike1987 wrote:
Thanks a lot rileygirl and red head. My derm instructed me to use the products every other day to ease into it i guess. My skin suffers from mild eczema(in the past) and rosacea tho. Is it suitable for obagi? Thanks

That one I am not sure about, Mike. Can I ask why your derm put you on Nu Derm? Are you trying to get rid of hyperpigmentation?
mike1987
5% products discount

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl:) Oh because I have blotchy skin and some red coloured acne scars that i wanted to get rid off. Told my derm i got sensitive skin and it didnt really react well with differin or retin A I used last time. However, he still prescribed me Nu-Derm and asked me to go slow on it, hopefully my skin will adapt. I read the pamphlet and the first stage of the process is to shed off the old skin and hence the new skin will be less sensitive?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 am      Reply with quote
mike1987 wrote:
Hi rileygirl:) Oh because I have blotchy skin and some red coloured acne scars that i wanted to get rid off. Told my derm i got sensitive skin and it didnt really react well with differin or retin A I used last time. However, he still prescribed me Nu-Derm and asked me to go slow on it, hopefully my skin will adapt. I read the pamphlet and the first stage of the process is to shed off the old skin and hence the new skin will be less sensitive?

I honestly don't think Nu Derm will work on red scars (or scars of any kind actually). Hyperpigmentation is definitely "fixed" with Nu Derm (the brown patches and melasma). Though that explains why you aren't on Clear and only the RA/blender mix and Exfoderm. I think your derm is trying to strengthen your skin with the RA and get you quicker exfoliation from the Exfoderm. You will have to report back if this ends up working for your red scars. Good luck, Mike!
mike1987
5% products discount

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl. I read somewhere that their red marks subsided after using Obagi. Hopefully it's true. 3rd application after using obagi, my face is a tad reddish, minimal peeling. Sad
bsm

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would update you all on my status.

So after my last post, I had a total meltdown and felt like I couldn't continue using Obagi. I took about 4 days off and my skin returned to normal.

Well, lo and behold, I could finally see the results! I couldn't see them before underneath that red, peeling, hot mess, but I definitely noticed a change in my skin's texture (very soft) and evenness (almost porcelain-like in some places). This was the encouragement I needed to get back on track. I've also had a follow up with my derm, and she said I could slow down. So now I am doing the Retin-A every other night, and the Exfoderm Forte every other day, alternating the products so I never use both in the same day. So far the peeling has come back a little bit, but I am no longer ridiculously red. Ironically, this is now the ideal situation for me. Before, I thought I could deal with the redness but was annoyed by the peeling. I've changed my mind! After being so red it looked like there was something seriously wrong with me, I'd rather be mildly peeling and have a fairly normal skin tone.

So that's where I'm at now. I'm still going to try to wrap up the programme. I may have to take a break when I go to Europe for the holidays, but hopefully by then I will see even more positive results.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Good for you, BSM! I'm glad you were able to see the improvements; sounds like that was the encouragement you needed to carry on.

Even while you're traveling, you can still do "small doses" of Nuderm. Using the products will help you maintain your results thus far plus it will keep your skin acclimated.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi, just a question. Do I apply blender + retin A immediately after cleansing or do I wait a while(20 mins) before that? Heard it's less irritating for the skin this way. Thanks.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
mike1987 wrote:
Hi, just a question. Do I apply blender + retin A immediately after cleansing or do I wait a while(20 mins) before that? Heard it's less irritating for the skin this way. Thanks.

Hi Mike,
I believe that you're correct about the wait time. Hope Obagi's going well for you!

5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have any experience adding the professional C serum to the Nuderm program?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
mike1987 wrote:
I don't use blender/retin after cleansing. I use toner after cleansing and wait for sec and then following the protocol of PM. Why do you tyr to use blender and retin after cleansing??
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
mike1987 wrote:
I don't use blender/retin after cleansing. I use toner after cleansing and wait for sec and then following the protocol of PM. Why do you tyr to use blender and retin after cleansing??

Azumma,
I don't think Mike's derm prescribed the entire line of Nuderm to him so that's why his p.m. routine is a little different.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
echobaby wrote:
Anyone have any experience adding the professional C serum to the Nuderm program?

Echobaby,
A lot of people have used the C serum in the Obagi routine. You would apply it right after toner in the a.m.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
mike1987 wrote:

You don't have to wait, but it would be less irritating if you do wait for a period of time after cleansing.
mike1987
5% products discount

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
thanks everyone! This is my sixth time applying it every other night. Chin's starting to peel. Cheeks getting a bit redder. Some acne are popping out of my chin area too. The upside is(and i dont know if i am right) that my face seems a bit smoother too. Just gotta stick through it. Was wondering if I can use a acne corrector on the pimple, like BP for eg.

Good luck with everyone using Obagi!
echobaby
5% products discount

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
echobaby wrote:

Echobaby,
A lot of people have used the C serum in the Obagi routine. You would apply it right after toner in the a.m.

Thanks, Rileygirl. So the 20%?
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Mike, sounds like you are making progress. I think if you just keep up with your obagi products, that will do as much as most anything for the acne but I don't have that problem so will let someone else answer that.

I added the serum c to my nu-derm for dry skin program. When I took the quiz online at obagi.com, they suggested I add that. I use the 5% around my eye area and the 20% on the rest of my face. Can't see any difference but I know it is supposed to do good things. I use it in the AM only.

Tues. is the beginning of week 6 for me and my skin is really starting to look very nice and is so soft and smooth. I am loving the results I am seeing.
mike1987
5% products discount

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Congrats on your results, buffy Very Happy My skin is starting to breakout bad, pimples are popping out of my cheek area now. Face feels tight all day long.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |