Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SUEWITH2

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, If anyone is thinking about trying Obagi, please read my review. I was in an accident about eight years ago, which left a scar on my face. I had the deepest CO2 laser treatment available at that time to even out my entire face skin texture. It worked however I did not maintain my new skin and got horrible hyperpigmentation over the last few years. Even with mineral makeup my skin looked dirty, spotted, and just older(I am 35). My trouble spots were my cheeks,entire mouth area, and forehead. I finally tried Obagi(Condition and Enhance System) and I am amazed. I am on my third week and my skin is about 75% brighter than before. The first week and half were horrible. My entire face peeled and was bright red. The first to go was my lip and mouth area(about two layers each day), then cheeks and eye area, then finally jaw line. At present day my mouth area still peels a little however my entire face has taken on a whole new appearance. My skin is bright, glowing, and I think I look younger(that's most important!). Like most people I did not think it would work. So far, it has worked and I can look in the mirror and be happy with myself. My crows feet are almost non existent too. :)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
What exactly is the difference between Condition & Enhance and NuDerm?

rileygirl wrote:
There isn't any difference, other than the different sunscreens used instead of the sunfader in the original Nu Derm kit. For nonsurgical procedures they are using the oily kit, and for surgical procedures they are using the dry kit. They have substituted the Healthy Skin s/s or the Physical block in place of the Sunfader.

Vent Alert: I really hate it when they take the same darn product, switch something out, and then change the name to make you think that it is something totally new. Rolling Eyes

Here is the official Obagi breakdown on each of the product lines:

Quote:
Obagi Nu-Derm System accelerates cellular turnover for skin with moderate to severe sun damage.

Obagi Condition & Enhance System is the essential component to improving the overall results of your facial rejuvenation procedure.

Obagi-C Rx System is for brighter, Photolumines skin with mild to moderate sun damage.

Obagi Blue Peel System is a peel performed in your physician's office, used in conjunction with the Obagi Nu-Derm System.

Professional-C Serums are potent vitamin C serums for maximum daily antioxidant protection.

Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. is a three-step acne therapeutic system including a liquefied form of benzol peroxide that is clinically proven to penetrate deeply and clear acne fast.

Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Treatment works to reduce visible fine lines and wrinkles and bring back the SNAP.

Obagi ELASTIderm Décolletage one of a kind therapy that really works to restore healthy, young-looking skin on your delicate chest and neck

http://www.obagi.com/article/forpatients/forpatients.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Obagi Condition & Enhance looks same as Nuderm, what is the difference?

Read my post above!
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Why don't you order from here?

I just got my package from EDS this morning, I will start my Obagi + some ZO.
The UK custom charges 15% VAT + heavy import duties. They also caculate the shipping expense into the bill. I was charged 40pound as import duty and VAT once when I bought a small thing which costs 100 dollor only from US.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
I've been on the Obagi NuDerm since 1/28/09, almost 9 weeks. I still have alot of peeling, esp in the afternoon. Although, my face is alot clearer, its still pretty red most of the time. What difference will I see in the next 9 weeks??

Continued fading of pigmentation, some reduction in fine lines if you have any. The redness may or may not go away. The peeling may or may not subside. This is all very individual. Stick with the entire 18 weeks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
everella wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,
Thank you for your reply.
The therapist did not suggest any prep. I was considering the Obagi regime when I logged onto the Obagi condition and enhance site. I have been reading the EDS forums on and off since December. I have invested a lot of money in treatments since turning 40 this year and find at the end of the day, clinics tend to push treatments without educating clients in a skincare regime. I realise all the treatments in the world set into motion an obsession for me. I need to commit to an effective skincare routine now and the Obagi system is impressive.
I have an oily t zone, with med pores, and am prone to dehydrated skin elsewhere. I have some redness, minimal since IPL and some fine lines. I have never sunbathed and have some pigmentation.
Is the Obagi Nu-Derm system suitable?

Hi, everella. I think you would be very pleased with the Nu Derm and results it will produce for your fine lines and pigmentation issues. You will be red, and if you are prone to broken caps, you will get them - just to let you know! Also, you need to be prepared to be red, flaky/peely off and on the entire 18 weeks. You also need to be willing to continue with maintenance. Some can get away with just Retin A and sunscreen, but the majority will need to use the Clear, Blender/Retin A combo a few times a week to maintain their results. Some, unfortunately, will need to use the Clear, Blender/RA almost every day to maintain results. (This is very individual and you will play around to see what the minimum is you can get away with). Hope that helps!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everella,
I am just curious about the treatments you've received through your skincare professional. You mentioned Aluma (is this also known as Lumenis?) and IPL, I think. What kind of benefits did you receive with the treatments? I agree with you completely that many professionals are very happy to sell you treatments but then often lack in teaching you how to maintain your results. Are you looking to use the Obagi system as a maintenance program as such or to possibly enhance your results from the other treatments? Thanks so much! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everalla,
Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences. Aluma sounds really interesting; I'll have to look into it. I've also had a series of IPL treatments a few years ago. My results were so-so and most of my pigmentation problems returned since I didn't follow through with a good skin care routine. I'm primarily doing Obagi to hopefully correct some problems and then I'm looking into laser resurfacing in the late winter. I'll just have to see how successful I am with Obagi.

At this point, I'm finishing my 8th week. Half the time I think I'm improving and the other half, I think my skin looks worse than ever! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Does anyone know if it's ok to get eyebrows waxed while using the Obagi? I imagine it might be very sensitive and could rip skin out? Any experiences? Thanks.

Be very careful! You're right about your skin being ultra-sensitive at this time. I did it, but my brow area was very, very red for awhile. After waxing, I applied some Aquaphor to the site.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Another question, about how long does the Obagi kit last? I imagine we'll need 2-3 sets to complete the 18wk regimen? I have the 57g of 3 to 6 in my set. Thanks!

Hi Moosejavian,
I had to reorder the Clear about every six weeks while I only needed one more Blender and Exfoderm during that time period. I also chose to use a different cleanser, toner, and sunscreen after I finished the Nuderm ones.

I never re-ordered an entire kit; I just replaced items as I ran out of them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Another question, about how long does the Obagi kit last? I imagine we'll need 2-3 sets to complete the 18wk regimen? I have the 57g of 3 to 6 in my set. Thanks!

If you are using the "normal" amounts then:

Your cleanser will last all the way through and longer. The toner runs out quickly and it depends how much you use each time as to how long that lasts. The Exfoderm and Blender at 1/2 gram a day should last until you hit the 4th month, so you will probably have to repurchase those 1 time during your 18 weeks. The Clear at 1 gram twice a day needs to be repurchased every 30 days. The sunscreen will depend on how much you use at a time.

Hope that helps!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Margarett, yes early on most days we really looked like plastic wrapped and flaky, whether in sheets or tiny bits all over. You can stand in the shower and use your hands to exfoliate. Some have used a microfiber cloth or the clarisonic face brush. I think it was Kim who suggested mixing cleanser and exfoderm and using that to wash off the flakes. I am not sure about which Obagi product you are talking about for the exfoliation though. I think the general rule is not to use other products while doing Nuderm. Hang in there!!!! This is all part of the journey!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Margarett, I understand what you are saying. Just want to say that with Retin A, it will usually take at least 1 year of nightly use to get the most benefit. However, I do understand that not everyone can tolerate the RA. I would definitely add in some form of topical A if you can. Retin A will thin the top layers of the skin, but it actually thickens the inner layers. It is still one of the only proven topicals.

If you haven't done a peel before at home, I would try 1 peel with your lady and then I would think about purchasing the lactic acid and using it yourself. It is very easy. You apply with fingers, time, rinse off with a ton of water and you're done! Repeat weekly for 6 weeks!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
debo wrote:
I just started using the Obagi Condition and Enhance system one week ago. I haven't had the horrible effects yet that I've read about online. My skin is starting to look a little dry and taught, some minor peeling. I am in a public job and cannot afford to take weeks off of work while going through this process. Any tips for getting through it and looking presentable on the job? I use a clarisonic every morning in the shower. If I use Philosophy Microdelivery and Neocutis Skin Cream when needed will it mess with the PH balance of this system? Gotta say, I've been pretty freaked out with what I've read on different websites!!!I'm hoping because I have taken good care of my skin with the Neocutis product line that maybe I won't have extreme side effects and will get through this a little easier than some have. It's pretty scary! Shock Shock Shock

Hi Debo,
You're right: the whole Obagi process can be scary at times! You, however, might be one of the lucky ones who won't experience such dramatic reactions. I don't know what your routine is, but in order to keep the side effects in check, you might try moving at a slower pace with the products. An every other day/night type approach. Are you under the care of a derm or esthetician? You might seek their advice.

While doing Obagi, you're really not supposed to add moisturizers -- they can impede your progress.

Please keep us updated and welcome to EDS! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you've got a good plan, Debo and a lot of support from your plastic surgeon and esthetician. That will definitely make your process easier to deal with.

Keep us posted!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
debo wrote:
Hi Kims. I failed to tell you the steps that I take every day. I am 51 and very fair skinned. I do have the surgical kit. AM Steps, 1, eye cream, 2, 3, 4, 6, PM Steps 1, eye cream, 2, 3, 5 mixed w/tritinoin 0.025%. I take the cotton ball w/toner and go around the folds of my nose and mouth as a precaution. I do not put anything on or around my eyes except the Obagi Elastiderm Cream. I use the AM Step 1 in the shower with my clarisonic. An interesting tip the aesthetician gave me was to wash my face last when showering. I never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense so you don't have any shampoo/conditioner residue on your face. In the PM, she gave me a makeup remover to use all over my face before Step 1.

Hi Debo,

I'm interested in the Make Up Remover you mentioned. Which do you use? Is it from the Obagi line as well?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Debo,
Are you in a position to see a derm or even your primary care physician? This sounds like an allergic reaction to something -- not quite in line with normal Obagi effects. Do you have any topical cortisone creme you could try?

I would certainly hold off on all of the products until your skin resolves itself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear that! Please let us know what he/she says!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Debo...how long have you been using Obagi?

I started Feb 14th and just shy of a week of using without a hitch I had a fairly bad allergic reaction to the Exfoderm.
Luckily I was able to put 2 & 2 together and figured out it was the Exfo right away and I've continued on since without the use of it with no other problems. Also, are you using the Sunfader? I have heard that there are many people that cannot tolerate that....I don't even use it either....good luck, I hope you figure it out!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
So we started around the same time Very Happy

Yes, I was told you can leave out the Exfo and still get great results. My skin is looking good without it (minus the flakies and redness around my mouth and nose area)

Leave it out and see what happens. I was able to figure it out right away because right after the AM routine is when it happened and the only thing different was the Exfo and no Blender and I had no problems after the PM application....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I use both the Blender and Clear...the Exfoderm is the only thing I don't use of the system. I just recently switched out the Obagi sunscreen for a different physical sunscreen because I couldn't stand the Obagi one. This new one I like much better...

I use the Clear twice daily and Blender every night (face and neck) and tolerate it well due to being on retin-a for a few years. Like I said, the only issue I have is some flaking around my mouth area and a bit of redness which both are actually getting better...

My neck has had no adverse reaction what so ever to daily use of the Clear and Blender.

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Debo,
I'm so glad to hear that your skin is doing better today and that you figured out the culprit! I guess the Exfoderm and the Sunfader are just bad news for a lot of people.

Now, you can just keep moving forward! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear it's calming down too!! Yay Very Happy

The great thing about this forum is the help and support we can all give each other...I had help with Obagi from a dear forum member and I am certainly glad to pass on what I learned from her....without this help and going at it alone, I think many would just tuck their tails between their legs and throw in the towel Laughing

Keep me posted of your progress!

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 am      Reply with quote
NOT a stupid question Dianew...because there have been times I've applied the retin-a and stayed up on my computer for a few hours. I've wondered as well if they mean light as in any "light" or just sunlight...I've always had this thought in my head that I need to hurry up and get in my dark bedroom after applying my retin-a Laughing

So don't feel stupid at all...I am wondering this as well Very Happy but I am pretty sure that they mean the sunlight rays and not just any light although I could definitely be wrong....

lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
dragonflyte - thanks for the info on the sunscreen!

In regards to your prunishness - that just means you are going to peeeeeeeel really well! Just keep it up and it will all be worth it!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |