Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Bren21,
In regards to your break outs, I suppose a little "purging" is going on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I hope that's it and it goes away! Not used to this pimple stuff Laughing ...on the bright side they're not as big as a house.

So much for no peeling though...I'm already starting to shed under my nose and chin again Rolling Eyes ....I have another date tomorrow with the same guy as last week...perhaps I should have put off this dating business until I was through with Obagi? haha...not sure I want to explain my shedding on date #2

Kims...wondering if this is indeed a purging stage, when does it end?

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I hope that's it and it goes away! Not used to this pimple stuff Laughing ...on the bright side they're not as big as a house.

So much for no peeling though...I'm already starting to shed under my nose and chin again Rolling Eyes ....I have another date tomorrow with the same guy as last week...perhaps I should have put off this dating business until I was through with Obagi? haha...not sure I want to explain my shedding on date #2

Good luck with the dating, Bren! Guess you can always take an Obagi "break" when you have one coming up! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm flaking like a fiend again too Bren21 Embarassed so the culprit's either the Vit C or (more likely) the increased ratio of tret to blender at night... looks like I've been sandpapered...

good luck with your date Smile

glad to hear the eyelash tint went well dragonflyte - did you have the brows done too?

as for this purging stage, roll on the 'in with the new' I say! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims...I've been divorced for over 3 years now and have done VERY limited dating, just didn't really feel like it seeing I was with my ex since I was 18...I'm so used to my "space" now I'm not sure I even want to deal with someone else Laughing ...on the other hand, it would be nice to hang out with someone other than my kids! Very Happy ...damned if I do, damned if I don't...

I will have to lay off the Obagi around my mouth this eve for tomorrow..

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks too Dianew...

In regards to the flaking...I tell ya, it didn't take me long to start where I left off! My face looked fine this AM and this afternoon it started shedding in sheets on my chin...no matter how much I rubbed it off. It's rather annoying!

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Thanks too Dianew...

In regards to the flaking...I tell ya, it didn't take me long to start where I left off! My face looked fine this AM and this afternoon it started shedding in sheets on my chin...no matter how much I rubbed it off. It's rather annoying!

It's the nature of the Beast!! Bad Grin

5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies....ok, you know how you have those people that ask you the oddest questions because they're "fishing". Had one of those conversations today, she finally broke down and ask me if I have had some type of laser treatment "or something?" done to my face. She said she noticed the other day that my face looked "poreless"! So, it's working. How awesome it that!!!!! Don't mean to boast, but I knew you all would understand with everything we go through to get these results Dancing I truly would not have stuck with it without all of your help and support. You are all a wealth of knowledge! We need to start our own business!!! Very Happy
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
debo wrote:
Hi Ladies....ok, you know how you have those people that ask you the oddest questions because they're "fishing". Had one of those conversations today, she finally broke down and ask me if I have had some type of laser treatment "or something?" done to my face. She said she noticed the other day that my face looked "poreless"! So, it's working. How awesome it that!!!!! Very Happy

Cool fabulous!! Sadly, the only thing I'm likely to be asked at the moment is 'eww what's wrong with your face?' Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dianew! You just wait...it WILL happen! I was so scared of this when I started it. I could just hear my boss asking me "what the hell is wrong with your face"? Embarassed But, since I've been able to control it fairly well, I avoided that happening. I didn't mind telling this gal what I was doing. I gave her the card of my aesthitician. She'll give me freebies if I refer people to her. I loveeee freebies Laughing
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Debo,
That's wonderful news!! At least you know now that this is all worth it! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:50 am      Reply with quote
dianew wrote:
debo wrote:
Hi Ladies....ok, you know how you have those people that ask you the oddest questions because they're "fishing". Had one of those conversations today, she finally broke down and ask me if I have had some type of laser treatment "or something?" done to my face. She said she noticed the other day that my face looked "poreless"! So, it's working. How awesome it that!!!!! Very Happy

Cool fabulous!! Sadly, the only thing I'm likely to be asked at the moment is 'eww what's wrong with your face?' Laughing

Yay for Debo!!!!! ...for goodness sakes, no worries about tooting your own horn, blow that sucker! I love hearing it because it makes me feel like this perpetual state of molting is all worth it Laughing ...and we're all in this together, thick and thin. We learn from each others mistakes and misfortunes and we gain strength, courage and perseverance through each others triumphs...if we were all a bunch of sad sack bitches, I probably wouldn't hang around here all that often Laughing

Dianew...I feel your pain...hahaha

One positive note, another fab date with the same guy...I may have found one I will keep around for a bit...haha...the only downside is he's 10 years younger Confused

debo
5% products discount

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Hey Bren21...you go girl. I'll bet you look much younger than him anyway Very Happy
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hahaha...well, we did both happen to get carded on our date Very Happy ...how cool Cool

Holy business...what a peel day! I've been flaking ALL over like crazy...not a flakeless patch on my face. I've decided just to let it go and not worry about it, didn't even try to put makeup on...just a wee bit O' mascara which I'm sure noone noticed anyway with my face falling off at work...haha

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Hahaha...well, we did both happen to get carded on our date Very Happy ...how cool Cool

Holy business...what a peel day! I've been flaking ALL over like crazy...not a flakeless patch on my face. I've decided just to let it go and not worry about it, didn't even try to put makeup on...just a wee bit O' mascara which I'm sure noone noticed anyway with my face falling off at work...haha

I am so jealous right now, Bren!! Not about the flaking but about the carding!! Laughing

Apparently, you're doing something right!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Awww shucks....gotta give props to Ma for the canvas I get to work with Very Happy

One thing that amazes me with my Mom is that she has loads of sun damage being a "farmer" most of her adult life with no sunscreen and she still has no wrinkles at 65...she does have some droop and pigmentation issues, but the actual wrinkles aren't there...it's pretty shocking.

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I do think genetics plays a HUGE part in the way we age!! Some are blessed, some are cursed!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
True that! It makes me wonder which side plays the biggest part in that....Mom or Dad? Or is it a mix of both? I've tried Googling that subject but I haven't found anything yet directly related to the way we age and parents roles in that....I'd be curious to find out if it's more one parent than the other.

Sorry to get off subject here Very Happy

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Back on topic....the Exfo Forte is working beautifully. No problems like I had with the regular Exfo. Even though I'm probably as far from oily skin as one can get, the Forte is a winner for me and I'm glad to be able to use it.

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Bringing up Exfoderm Forte, I just ordered some so I can start on a six-week stint of Nuderm. While I've been pretty good with maintenance, I'd like to try and "kick start" my skin once again.

I may be joining the rest of you with the peelies and red face once again! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Well look at it this way Kims...if you happen to get demoted to to the Peely Crew again, at least you already know what the worthwhile outcome is....you have seen the light! Wink

....anyway, we don't mind having our peely friend back for a bit so you can keep us all in line Laughing

One thing I love right now with Obagi, the fact that I can't wear makeup (with the peeling) but my skin still looks so bright, even and clear...I just dab a bit of concealer on my broken caps and a bit of powder and away I go! Something I would dare not ever do before... Fabulous Cool

dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
well ladies, my NIA24 sunscreen has arrived, & just in time too, as I'm nearly out of the tiny 30ml Obagi tube that came with my starter kit.

BUT... I notice from the NIA leaflet that a reaction euphemistically referred to as 'first blush' can arise on starting use... can anyone who's used this with Obagi comment? Will the sunscreen alone cause redness, or is it if you're using the whole range of NIA stuff?

If I get any more 'blush' I'll be stopping traffic... still super red just from adding in the 5% vit C serum 10 days ago...

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
So interesting & instructional to read all of the Obagi stories, thanks for sharing your experiences. I wish I'd found this site years ago!

I've used the Nuderm system on and off for about 4 years with good success (but definitely part of the sisterhood of peeling/flaking.) I'm turning 62 next week and my colleagues were very surprised when I accidently let that slip. But, in the last few months my age has been catching up with me and I'm feeling panic-- can no longer ignore the crepe-y eyes and cheeks-- more sagging, and don't get me started on my neck! OMG... I still look younger than my age, but I'm starting to lose the battle... I can't afford a face lift/eye lift/neck whatever. What to do??

Do you have any advice-- do those electric facial exercisers (Tua Trend type thing)-- Baby Quasars (light things)-- facial exercises -- anything like that actually work in tandem with Obagi to make it more effective?

I know that at some point I'll just have to settle for being "an old broad" but I'm not quite there yet...

"The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been."
-- Madeleine L'Engle

anniez
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
dianew wrote:
well ladies, my NIA24 sunscreen has arrived, & just in time too, as I'm nearly out of the tiny 30ml Obagi tube that came with my starter kit.

BUT... I notice from the NIA leaflet that a reaction euphemistically referred to as 'first blush' can arise on starting use... can anyone who's used this with Obagi comment? Will the sunscreen alone cause redness, or is it if you're using the whole range of NIA stuff?

If I get any more 'blush' I'll be stopping traffic... still super red just from adding in the 5% vit C serum 10 days ago...

Hi Diane,
I've used the NIA 24 sunscreen for some time now and during my Obagi days with no problems at all. I never noticed any "blush" or redness. I feel like it's an extremely effective sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anniezmoon,
I've never used any of the devices you mentioned in tandem with Obagi -- although many people have had great results using them alone.

Maybe someone else will offer a little more help. Smile

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |