Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:53 am      Reply with quote
janetsimone,
I have also had a similar problem with the color of the clear products. It can be slightly different, like your ones, from white to ivory. The product was still ok, the only time you should be concerned if it goes to a yellow color. This means the product has been exposed to too much air and will no longer be effective.
janetsimone
5% products discount

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
mmmmm, my blender is slightly yellow,but i openend the bottle while the plastics were around it. So it was a new package. I use the bottle now fore 4 weeks. But what is yellow. Before i had the blendfx this one was ivory.
i am glad that you have the same experience with the products. i was afraid that i have the wrong products.
abitamom

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to this forum and have been using the Nu-Derm line for a week now. The redness the 1st 3 days was very noticeable and now I am starting to peel a little. Thanks to Spironolactone treatment from my dermatologist, I've FINALLY gotten my moderate acne flareups under control. I'm hopeful that the Obagi can help remove some or all of the acne scars. Best of luck to you all, and if you are thinking about using the system...try it! I will be in a 24-week treatment regimen.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
abitamom wrote:
Hi, I am new to this forum and have been using the Nu-Derm line for a week now. The redness the 1st 3 days was very noticeable and now I am starting to peel a little. Thanks to Spironolactone treatment from my dermatologist, I've FINALLY gotten my moderate acne flareups under control. I'm hopeful that the Obagi can help remove some or all of the acne scars. Best of luck to you all, and if you are thinking about using the system...try it! I will be in a 24-week treatment regimen.

Hi abitamom,
Let us know how things go for you! And, that's great to hear that you've gotten your acne under control.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi All!
I've been using the Obagi Nu-Derm System now for 7 weeks. I have one dime size area of hyperpigmentation just under my left eye and several others on the sides of my face. The larger one is significantly lighter, I would say at least 40-50%, and my face doesn't have break-outs now like it did. Other than that, I haven't noticed much of a change at all. Can anyone tell me if my skin will continue to get better or is this as good as I can hope for? I am still having light flaking around my mouth and sides of my nose. I never have peeled or flaked anywhere else on my face. Does anyone know why that is? How is my skin improving anywhere else when I'm only peeling/flaking in certain areas? Thanks for any input and I hope everyone is getting all they hope for out of the product! Very Happy
tandlg

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and I forgot....does anyone use the Copper Serum? My doctor told me I shouldn't use it cuz it would "eat my face off"!! LOL!
RosyGlow

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 32. Fair skinned. Three kids. Good skin for a while. Bad again. Good. Bad.I ordered the Obagi Clenziderm system to get through some persistent breakouts. I have red cheeks and chin. Is this what you're talking about when you talk about "hyperpigmentation?" I don't really have sun spots. I'm in the sun all the time. We live on a farm and I'm always outside. The closest Obagi doc is 2 hours away and I'm not willing to drive that far, get baby sitter...etc to see a dermatologist. Where did most of you start...NuDerm or Condition and Enhance? Can I stay on the Clenziderm or should I switch to something else when this is gone?
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
RosyGlow

It really depends on what issues you want to address with your skin, for most of us if it was pigmentation issues, the nu derm range of Obagi was the best suited for these concerns
Chris Ann
5% products discount

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! Today has been a yr on Obagi, yeah! I am currently on a maintenance program in which I put on 1, 2,and 3 everyday & at night I put on 1, 2, Blender with Tret. Wondering if anyone has ever added a 20% Vit. C serum? And what were your results if you had? Many thanks! Couldn't have made it through the yr without you all!
jujubean
5% products discount

Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chris Ann Congrats on the one year. Can you tell me how your skin was and is now? I'm sure everyone would really love to know. What strength Tretinoin did you use? I am on 14 weeks. About a month ago I upped the Tretinoin to 0.05. Its working out great and I plan to stay on Obagi Nuderm at least another 3 months. My skin is at least 75% better. The darks spots are at least 80% lighter and my skin always has a rosey glowey look to it. As for the Vit C... I'm not sure, but from reading all the posts here on Eds you could more than likely get a vast amount of information about Obagi and Vit C. So comgrats again ... I have a long way to go...
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Chris Ann

I'm on maintenance also, 2 years since I started on Obagi and do include a Vit C serum to my routine. I started with the Obagi brand but I found I achieved better results with the skinCeuticals C E Ferlic. I found it made my skin clearer in clarity and brightness
wfgamble
5% products discount

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I also posted this on my thread entitled "About to start Obagi" but wanted some of you other vets to advise me please:)
Ok, so I'm on day 4 or so and this just sucks. My face is tight, red, peeling, hot and irritated. This affects my entire mood. Under my mouth (on my skin)is a red, chapped looking area. I have been using all products as recommended in the system & retin a nightly. My face stung so badly tonight that I skipped the retin a and only applied the clear to the dark spot by my eye rather than all over. After an hour I was so frustrated that I smeared aquaphor all over my face rather than just my lips. I know this was a bad idea. I want to just hold an ice pack to my face.

Please advise which products I should skip daily as my face adjusts. I do not want to quit. I just need a different routine as my skin cannot handle each product with daily use right away. So should I just use the clear every other day or the exfo derm every other day? I'm really confused and would love your advice. Very Happy
wfgamble
5% products discount

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I think I need to apologize:). I didn't mean to come across as crazy mean Obagi lady. I was just so frustrated last night and in pain. You guys don't know me and in re-reading my post this morning I sounded like a very miserable person in general when really it's just due to the reaction my skin is having.

I was so excited to start Obagi but these side effects really threw me for a loop. Still sticking with it though & would appreciate any suggestions on how to soothe my skin through the process. Thanks!
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi wfgamble,
Your initial reaction to Obagi is NORMAL!! It's always a horrible phrase we go thru when we all initially start. It varies from person to person and for some it's worst than others. I would suggest slowly easing the retin A and the exfoderm products into your routine, perhaps use them on alternating days. Also be careful of the amount of retin A you are mixing with the blender. Sometimes we tend to be a little heavy handed, thinking more is better. It isn't!
wfgamble
5% products discount

Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your reply. After taking a day and a half off, my skin has healed. I am definitely going to reintroduce those products slowly. These boards have helped so much. I also realized I have been using too much product after comparing notes w a friend so your suggestion is spot on! Thanks again.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:30 am      Reply with quote
You will see results, just take it slowly. I learn't from my own mistakes being too aggressive.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've always been intrigued by obagi but never purchased because the process is described exactly as my experience with retin a alone. How is it different? I don't see any magical ingredients, most of it I use anyway.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I've always been intrigued by obagi but never purchased because the process is described exactly as my experience with retin a alone. How is it different? I don't see any magical ingredients, most of it I use anyway.

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I began using retin a last Aug and went through the ugy peelies for a long time; in fact, I still get them and have to cut back occasionally. But my skin is absolutely beautiful now so it was well worth it.

I had a Jessner peel last Tuesday and my esthetician talked me into beginning Obagi. I bought everything and am going to begin it next week. According to her the "Clear" is the shining star. We shall see.

I am hoping my skin won't get as yucky, red and peely because I've been using the retin a, but with my luck, who knows....

Anyone else begin Obagi after being on retin a?
pomnaomi

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Beach_bum,

I am currently in week 8. I also was on Retin A and HQ for three month before this Ogagi Regimen. My face was red for a while with Retin A, but it didn't peel. With Obagi, my face is peeling, red, and is in pain. I've been reading blogs here to encouraging myself to stay on Obagi for 10 more weeks to complete the 18 weeks cycle. I don't want to give up but I think I need to cut down something since I work and meet clients Monday through Friday.
Beach_bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Pomnaomi, that sounds about right. My esthetician told me when my skin gets too irritated to cut back on the blender/retin a and the exfoderm. She warned me that I may not tolerate them daily.

My skin peeled so badly when I first began retin a. In fact, it still flakes and I need to cut it down to 3x a week once in a while.

I started Obagi today...so we'll see how it goes!
lili53

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:44 am      Reply with quote
hi!I'm still very new in using obagi.today is day 5 for me in using this product,i was recommended by my friend whom i always thrilled to look at her glowing skin every time we meet, and she said it's the obagi that transformed her dulled skin into such a youthful look!

I use clear in the morning and use blender and mix with skin enhancer at night. today is already the fifth day while i notice that my skin has no significant changes,only a very very think skin to peel off around the chin and nose area.
I feel abit of tightness on my face and also alittle of itchiness.That's all.

I have large pores, oily but dry skin,and many oil-formed like acne which couldn't squeeze out things on the face.

My questions are how come my skin doesn't peel like others? The product that i used are correct to treat my skin problpem?Do I still need to add retin A with the blender and skin enhancer during the night?Does anybody ever fail to use this product? Thanks for the info!
goose2u

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I love this forum! I am a young 65 year old Grandma who would like to stay that way as long as I can and I have started using Retin A and Obagi, kind of late, but I just retired and no longer work in the public and feel like I can finally do this. I am about 3 weeks in and have the red peelies. Tell me, is there anyone else out there who is my age and am I just wasting my time or can I expect any results at my age? Thank you so much.
Momma

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Enjoyed reading this forum. I am at the end of week 2 on the full NuDerm system.
Gentle Cleanser
Toner
Clear
Exfoderm
Blender
Tretinoin .05
Sunscreen spf 50
I have been using all products daily as directed except I was advised to use the Blender/Tretinoin every other day for the first month.
Day 4-9 I was peeling like crazy in a 3 inch radius around my mouth....like a flaky white beard!!! Scared my 5 year old-hehehe. Day 5-10 was very red and hot and tight. Today (day 13) the peeling is noticable but not out of control. I even put a bit of Action on the flaky areas because I had an event I needed to go to tonight and the flakes basically went away for a few hours. My major brown sun spots (1 dime size, 2 pea size) don't seem to have faded at all yet, but the tiny freckley type spots have faded quite a bit and I can see better skin under the flakes and redness. I am hopeful! I am going to start the Blender/Tretinoin every night starting next week. Keeping fingers crossed that I don't get that really bad red/tight burning again.
Glad to be able to get all this useful info.
Final question, I have a Clarisonic I didn't use much before starting Obagi, but I heard from some forums, that you should NOT use Clarisonic while on Nu Derm (skin is too sensitive)...what are your thoughts? I do have the gentle brush. Thanks.
melimon65

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
i just start using the product on 4/14 it was recommended by a friend, in the week i have use it my face has turned so red and my skin so dry and flaky. i bought the start kit and used it as instructed by my friend, by the 3rd day my skin has become so sensitive when applying the creams the burn so much is this normal? i have used the product as per the instruction on the box. after reading some of the other comments i guess we all go through the change I'm just afraid that I'll will not get the result I'm hoping for any suggestions. all my co-worker's are asking me what wrong with your face is kind of depressing
mandiadam

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the obagi system for the last 8 months. Have increased to the 1% strength just over a month ago. So far I have been happy with the results. My skin is very olive with a fair amount of pigmentation and this has decreased a lot. My skin is much smoother and even in tone.Since commencing on the highest strength, I'm back to a fair amount of redness and peeling, particularly around my chin and mouth area. The only product I don't use is the sun screen and now use a tinted zinc based cream that also acts as a light foundation. I use the cleanser, toner, 3, 4 and 5. I'm 44. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |