Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz)
My Obagi experience

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zhenzhen Smile I replied to you already on EDS LOUNGE. In case you don't know where it is, here is my reply to you:
Hi Zhenzhen I can assure you (honestly) that Essential Day Spa sells genuine Obagi products. I've been buying from this website for years, including Obagi products.

"Freshness" of the Obagi products is also guaranteed as this is one of the most popular products here too that people buy and if you search on this forum, there is a lot of discussion regarding Obagi products.

Price of Obagi products is also competitive. If you buy $200 and more worth of Obagi products, you can get an Obagi gift from EDS (Essential Day Spa). Also if you buy $200 or more of their products, shipping is free.

Customer service is excellent too and this website is very secure and I always pay by credit card. I've never had problems EVER!


Zhenzhen wrote:
Hi everyone.
I am a green hand in this forum.Recently I am vastly interested in products of Obagi,especially its MD and Nu-derm. But I know that there are many fake Obagi products.Is there a 100% quality guarantee for Obagi in Essential Day Spa?
Hope this is not a rude question.
Any reply appreciated!Thanks a lot!!
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply!
If I make up my mind to purchase any Obagi product,EDS will be my only choice.

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
Bernarda
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zhenzhen
Now I understand, no I have not bought any product from EDS. I leave in England and I buy the products with Shadi Danin - she is a Medi-Spa specialist. I also buy online with authorised companies seedling the Obagi products. I have to say by now my skin has improved so much. Now I am maintenance and I feel that really was worth it to try this treatment.
Regards, Bernarda
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi,Bernarda. Thanks for your reply.
Have you ever used Obagi CLENZIderm MD to cure acne? Is it OK to use the MD set by myself without a Medi-Spa specialist? There is no any medical spa or clinic dealing with Obagi in my city.

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
Jenfit51
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am SO nervous about starting the tretinoin .05 and the Obagi blender tonight! I used Retin a in high school and remember becoming a snake with peely, crunchy red skin, but I can't remember how long it stayed that way.
Also, in high school I didn't use the Blender, so I'm worried about how much worse, if any it will be.
I put them both on my face, neck and chest. I have read that's ok. I also wanted to know if anyone else knows how often to put on my neck and chest and HOW LONG DOES PEELING LAST? I'm NERVOUS!
I know I'll be pale and gross all winter but I'm only using this for a few months, then tanning again.
Would love anyone's thoughts and opinions! Thanks! Sad
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I've heard in the news that tanning is bad for the skin. Are you using the salon tanning or natural sun tanning?

Jenfit51 wrote:

I know I'll be pale and gross all winter but I'm only using this for a few months, then tanning again.
(
Jenfit51
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I used to tan in both but won't be doing that anymore, although next spring I will allow myself to tan in tanning bed only a small amount for color and also combine with spray tan. I will always wear sunscreen in the sun.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jenfit51 Smile I would not suggest bed tanning in any form as this is one of the causes of skin cancer (heard from TV news). If you wish some color on your face and body, you could opt for a bronzer or anything of that, this way you can remove it. There are a lot of good products out there that will give that "glow" or "tan" that you are looking for. I suggest you do do some research and get the product that will suit you.

When using Obagi products, it is suggested as always to use a good sunscreen...

Jenfit51 wrote:
I used to tan in both but won't be doing that anymore, although next spring I will allow myself to tan in tanning bed only a small amount for color and also combine with spray tan. I will always wear sunscreen in the sun.
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,Bernarda. Thanks for your reply.
Have you ever used Obagi CLENZIderm MD to cure acne? Is it OK to use the MD set by myself without a Medi-Spa specialist? There is no any medical spa or clinic dealing with Obagi in my city.

Bernarda wrote:
Hi Zhenzhen
Now I understand, no I have not bought any product from EDS. I leave in England and I buy the products with Shadi Danin - she is a Medi-Spa specialist. I also buy online with authorised companies seedling the Obagi products. I have to say by now my skin has improved so much. Now I am maintenance and I feel that really was worth it to try this treatment.
Regards, Bernarda

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,Jade~~Thanks for your reply.
Have you ever used Obagi CLENZIderm MD to cure acne? Is it OK to use the MD set by myself without a Medi-Spa specialist? There is no any medical spa or clinic dealing with Obagi in my city.
If it is ok just by myself, how many sets should I use to entirely cure acne? Will it cause any side effort if using Obagi too often? I am 25 years old and have a very oily skin,especially for my T-zone.

[quote="jade-1234"]Hi Zhenzhen Smile I replied to you already on EDS LOUNGE. In case you don't know where it is, here is my reply to you: ...

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
Jenfit51
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I started Tretinoin .05% along with obagi blender 4days ago and I'm barely flaking. I'm as oily as ever.
I was wondering if it was due to the moisturizer I used about an hour before applying obagi... Should I use a different moisturizer? Or apply after obagi instead or not at all?
I don't want to block the products from working, I feel it would just prolong the process! HELP!
Thanks Wink
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Zhenzhen Smile I have not tried Obagi Clenziderm MD because I don't have acne at all. My skin is clear and I am on Obagi maintenance. One thing that you have to consider is proper diet which is one factor to good healthy skin... i.e. "garbage in, garbage out" is basically my motto in maintaining my skin's health (and whatever good advice I get from EDS forum). If you can improve in that department, your skin will be grateful... Also consider as well is properly cleansing your skin with a good cleanser of choice, before going to bed, as dirt and make-up can clog pores. The skin needs to rejuvenate at night-time so making an effort to do this is vital in skin's health.

Zhenzhen wrote:
Have you ever used Obagi CLENZIderm MD to cure acne?


Are you using the full Obagi kit or just Tretinioin 0.05% and Obagi Blender only? In order to get the full benefits, you should use the complete kit as it works very well with each other.

Jenfit51 wrote:
I started Tretinoin .05% along with obagi blender 4days ago and I'm barely flaking.
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply~
I always have a healthy diet.I am a big fan of fresh vegetables and fruits. But I used some skin care which totally ruined my skin and caused a lot breakout on my check and chin.
Now I am careful looking for something safe and quality-guaranteed to repair my acne.
Do you have any idea on chemical peel? Is it a safe way to clean the problem skin?

jade-1234 wrote:
Hello Zhenzhen Smile I have not tried Obagi Clenziderm MD because I don't have acne at all. My skin is clear and I am on Obagi maintenance. One thing that you have to consider is proper diet which is one factor to good healthy skin... i.e. "garbage in, garbage out" is basically my motto in maintaining my skin's health (and whatever good advice I get from EDS forum). If you can improve in that department, your skin will be grateful... Also consider as well is properly cleansing your skin with a good cleanser of choice, before going to bed, as dirt and make-up can clog pores. The skin needs to rejuvenate at night-time so making an effort to do this is vital in skin's health.

Zhenzhen wrote:
Have you ever used Obagi CLENZIderm MD to cure acne?


Are you using the full Obagi kit or just Tretinioin 0.05% and Obagi Blender only? In order to get the full benefits, you should use the complete kit as it works very well with each other.

Jenfit51 wrote:
I started Tretinoin .05% along with obagi blender 4days ago and I'm barely flaking.
Surprised

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
blanchedubois
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Jenfit51 wrote:
I started Tretinoin .05% along with obagi blender 4days ago and I'm barely flaking. I'm as oily as ever.
I was wondering if it was due to the moisturizer I used about an hour before applying obagi... Should I use a different moisturizer? Or apply after obagi instead or not at all?
I don't want to block the products from working, I feel it would just prolong the process! HELP!
Thanks Wink


Are you saying that you are applying a moisturizer prior to applying the blender/tret? Because that would definitely interfere with the absorption of the HQ & vitamin A and you will stunt your results.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I've done a chemical peel before administered by a doctor.... I strongly suggest you complete your Obagi treatment entirely first before getting a chemical peel. Chemical peels come in different strengths, but I would not suggest it at this time. Once you finish the Obagi treatment "faithfully", you may not need a chemical peel...

Zhenzhen wrote:

Do you have any idea on chemical peel? Is it a safe way to clean the problem skin?
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks~ This is the suggestion I really need.
Besides, do you think it is ok to do the Obagi treatment for acne by myself?
Or should I see some medical spa specialist first?
jade-1234 wrote:
Yes, I've done a chemical peel before administered by a doctor.... I strongly suggest you complete your Obagi treatment entirely first before getting a chemical peel. Chemical peels come in different strengths, but I would not suggest it at this time. Once you finish the Obagi treatment "faithfully", you may not need a chemical peel...
Surprised

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello Zhenzhen Smile This is my 2-cent thoughts on this..... When I did my Obagi treatment, I consulted a dermatologist and was monitored during the whole process. My skin has cleared after the treatment and decided to stop seeing my dermatologist. I am on maintenance now.
To answer your question, (in my opinion), you can do this without consulting a medical spa specialist. The only downside is that you will need Retin-A which is a prescription drug (in Canada, this is in my case) so since I am on maintenance now, I see my general doctor to get Retin-A prescription when I run out of it.
Some forum members buy Retin-A online (alldaychemist.com) but I am not sure if they need a prescription for Retin-A as I get mine from the doctor and buy at Walmart. FYI, I suggested Obagi treatment to my sister as well. She did not consult a dermatologist but I guide her during the Obagi process. She often tells me, she is happy that she made this huge step to better skin....

Zhenzhen wrote:
Thanks~ This is the suggestion I really need.
Besides, do you think it is ok to do the Obagi treatment for acne by myself?
Or should I see some medical spa specialist first?
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot~~ Surprised
I will try to use on my own first. If I have any question,at least I can get help from this forum.
Thanks again!
jade-1234 wrote:
Hello Zhenzhen Smile This is my 2-cent thoughts on this.....

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
You are most Zhenzhen Smile Yes, this forum offers a lot of info on skin-care and make-up. I've learned a lot and still learning and exploring new ideas/gadgets.... Smile

Zhenzhen wrote:
Thanks a lot~~ Surprised
I will try to use on my own first. If I have any question,at least I can get help from this forum. Thanks again!
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
BTW,do you think that Obagi can help to reduce pore?
Or will it enlarge the pore?
I am very upset about the large pore besides my nose,and I hear someone says that many acne treatment will enlarge pore, especially for those containing Benzoyl Peroxide.
What do you think?

jade-1234 wrote:
You are most Zhenzhen Smile Yes, this forum offers a lot of info on skin-care and make-up. I've learned a lot and still learning and exploring new ideas/gadgets.... Smile

Zhenzhen wrote:
Thanks a lot~~ Surprised
I will try to use on my own first. If I have any question,at least I can get help from this forum. Thanks again!

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
With proper cleaning of the skin pores on a daily basis using the right cleanser for your skin type, plus the Obagi regimen, it will help reduce pores.

Just a caution, do not use bar soap on your face as it will clog your pores and make it worse..... use foaming gel cleanser (preferably Obagi as all the products in the kit work together). I find it to be good cleanser as it has Aloe Vera which is great for skin renewal and it does not dry the skin. You only need a very small half pea size for the whole face/neck.

Zhenzhen wrote:
BTW,do you think that Obagi can help to reduce pore? Or will it enlarge the pore?
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks~~Hope I could got this suggestion early.
Now I stop using and will never the handcraft soap on my face.

jade-1234 wrote:
With proper cleaning of the skin pores on a daily basis using the right cleanser for your skin type, plus the Obagi regimen, it will help reduce pores.

Just a caution, do not use bar soap on your face as it will clog your pores and make it worse..... use foaming gel cleanser (preferably Obagi as all the products in the kit work together). I find it to be good cleanser as it has Aloe Vera which is great for skin renewal and it does not dry the skin. You only need a very small half pea size for the whole face/neck.

Zhenzhen wrote:
BTW,do you think that Obagi can help to reduce pore? Or will it enlarge the pore?

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 1228
Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Advising mom to stop using her favorite bar soap (to wash her face) improved the condition of her facial skin pores. In fact, she used to have blackheads and milia. But now they are minimal and less prominent....

Zhenzhen wrote:
Now I stop using and will never the handcraft soap on my face.
Lily123
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
How are all of you Obagi users doing out there. I am still on the program and still happy with its performance.

I am starting to get some lines above my upper lip and lower Mannequin lines around my mouth and lower jaw. I will have to ask my Derm what to do for this. At my age I think Obagi has done its job and it is going to happen no matter what I use.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a solution to these lines other than an filler. I don't do needles.

Thanks
Zhenzhen
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
The reason why I used bar soap is that a lot posts in another forum strongly suggested that some particular handcraft soap could prevent acne and lighten pores.
But the fact is totally opposite.
Why have the handcraft soaps been so popular over recent years?
I will never use any cleanser which is not soap-free again.
Thanks for your advice.It is very helpful to me.

jade-1234 wrote:
Advising mom to stop using her favorite bar soap (to wash her face) improved the condition of her facial skin pores. In fact, she used to have blackheads and milia. But now they are minimal and less prominent....

Zhenzhen wrote:
Now I stop using and will never the handcraft soap on my face.

_________________
It is not easy to make my skin better.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Bremenn Clinical Strength Smooth Serum (50 ml / 1.7 floz)