Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Zhenzhen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi~~Which regimen are you using?
Lily123 wrote:
At my age I think Obagi has done its job and it is going to happen no matter what I use.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Obagi NuDerm. I was wondering if I could possibly go a little harder or more often in the wrinkle areas. I am afraid that I have taken Obagi as far as it can go. But, I thought someone might have an idea.
Thanks for any responses.
Zhenzhen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Do you have any breakout or post-acne problem?
Because I am thinking over the Obagi MD for curing acne.

Lily123 wrote:
Obagi NuDerm. I was wondering if I could possibly go a little harder or more often in the wrinkle areas. I am afraid that I have taken Obagi as far as it can go. But, I thought someone might have an idea.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
No, I have never had acne. (I have had break-outs now and then but it is one or two pimples) I have used the NuDerm system for about 15 years. I think I am at the age now that it no longer works on the types of wrinkles I have.

I do understand that Obagi helps acne. But, you have to be committed. It takes a long time and gets worse before it gets better. If you are not committed to the whole system, I would spend my money on something else. I am sure there are other acne products or procedures that would work.

I love Obagi and it was worth every penny to me.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Why not try Anti-aging Lightstim or Baby Quasar or Philips ReAura? I read great reviews on these products. Go to Skincare Tools and Do-it-yourself Skincare section... So many options to choose from...

Lily123 wrote:
Zhenzhen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Just for you,how long did it make your skin worse before getting it better?

Lily123 wrote:
I do understand that Obagi helps acne. But, you have to be committed. It takes a long time and gets worse before it gets better.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
It was a long time. I would say six weeks at least.

I have red hair and fair skin. I also had freckles but not after Obagi.

This is a very tough program. But, I would only do Obagi. I remember calling the derm about 3 weeks in and asking them what are you doing to me. So just be aware it is hard but so worth it.
Zhenzhen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. This is very helpful to me.

Lily123 wrote:
It was a long time. I would say six weeks at least.

I have red hair and fair skin. I also had freckles but not after Obagi.

This is a very tough program. But, I would only do Obagi. I remember calling the derm about 3 weeks in and asking them what are you doing to me. So just be aware it is hard but so worth it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Lily123 wrote:
How are all of you Obagi users doing out there. I am still on the program and still happy with its performance.

I am starting to get some lines above my upper lip and lower Mannequin lines around my mouth and lower jaw. I will have to ask my Derm what to do for this. At my age I think Obagi has done its job and it is going to happen no matter what I use.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a solution to these lines other than an filler. I don't do needles.

Thanks
I have the same issue around my eye area. I had wrinkles and I applied obagi nuderm under my eyes and they became so dry. I scratched since it was so itch. and now Ihave three penny size scars - (brown spots) around my right side of eye area. it has been over three month but I can't get rid of it. I applied ointment, hydrocortizon cream, burning medicine...nothing is working. so depressed.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi azumma Smile Did you use the full kit of Obagi products or 1-2 products only? Did you use a sunscreen all the time and what strength of SPF?

azumma wrote:

I have the same issue around my eye area. I had wrinkles and I applied obagi nuderm under my eyes and they became so dry. I scratched since it was so itch. and now Ihave three penny size scars - (brown spots) around my right side of eye area. it has been over three month but I can't get rid of it. I applied ointment, hydrocortizon cream, burning medicine...nothing is working. so depressed.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:46 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Hi azumma Smile Did you use the full kit of Obagi products or 1-2 products only? Did you use a sunscreen all the time and what strength of SPF?

azumma wrote:

yes, i am using a complete regime Nu derm.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
With what strength of Retin-A?

azumma wrote:
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I used obagi nu derm 3 years ago, I had best skin ever in my life, then I start changing other products, my pimples come back, now I have lots pimples on my chin area, I am thinking to use obagi again, today is my first day, I can feel my skin is dry and tight, just wondering can I put on hydrating mask once a week? Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:21 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
I used obagi nu derm 3 years ago, I had best skin ever in my life, then I start changing other products, my pimples come back, now I have lots pimples on my chin area, I am thinking to use obagi again, today is my first day, I can feel my skin is dry and tight, just wondering can I put on hydrating mask once a week? Crying or Very sad

If you want maximum results, do not use any moisturizers for the entire time.

Yes, a mask or moisturizers will provide temporary soothing but will impede the rejuvenation progress. So I would only use it if have a big event coming up and you need to look good. Otherwise, you will probably be red, flaking and peeling for weeks, if not months, on end. Results are worth it.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank u denisiel, will try not to use mask, my face is red~~~~~ everyone ask me what happened, oily and red.... Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:52 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
Thank u denisiel, will try not to use mask, my face is red~~~~~ everyone ask me what happened, oily and red.... Crying or Very sad

I was red and peeling for 24 weeks (not 6 like most people). My skin was in pretty good shape before NuDerm but I had melasma. I did not expect to look like that for what seemed like a lifetime. I just told people I had either a sunburn or an allergic reaction to medication. A few different times, total strangers tried to make me sit down as they thought I was about to faint because I was so red!

I hope that you have a milder experience than me but please be prepared to look awful for a while. If you can't bear it, then don't start Obagi as it is too pricey and harsh unless you are committed to the program. Good luck!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
hello denisiel:

Hahaha, someone really come to u, because the red face?
Do u think is a good idea if i can use nu derm for 4 days only perm week? or can u suggest any makeup which can help my face "clam down" a bit?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:26 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
hello denisiel:

Do u think is a good idea if i can use nu derm for 4 days only perm week? or can u suggest any makeup which can help my face "clam down" a bit?

Hi yaling111, Depends on what you want to accomplish with Obagi NuDerm. For pigmentation, I guess you can use it less and it may take a longer time or you will achieve less reduction of color but there will be some benefits.

For rejuvenation, the more product you use up to the maximum dose and strengths and with more consistent usage, the higher the level of rejuvenation. I know many people say they got good results by using much lower doses and strengths or less frequently but I believe they would have gotten even better results had they been more aggressive. But it all depends on whether you and your lifestyle can handle the side effects, which are very unsightly.

For makeup, you can only use mineral powder foundation and my skin was so scaly and dry that any powder would simply accentuate the peeling and wrinkles. Using zinc sunscreen is good for three reasons: (1) Zinc is calming to the skin; (2) The whiteness from the zinc can help mask the redness a bit; and (3) Physical sunscreens are better with Obagi Nuderm (although some Obagi sunscreens are mixed with chemical sunscreens and I do not know why they do this - I posted on this matter but no replies).

Obagi has a couple of moisturizers that you can use with NuDerm. I didn't use any because Dr. Obagi recommended never to use moisturizers on the regime. If I worked with the public I would probably have used them though.

By the way, if you only want to lessen pigmentation then I suggest you try the CRX system or mix tretinoin and Skinoren. Those reduced 50% of my melasma with barely any side effects. NuDerm wiped out the remainder.

Good luck!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Lily123 wrote:
How are all of you Obagi users doing out there. I am still on the program and still happy with its performance.

I am starting to get some lines above my upper lip and lower Mannequin lines around my mouth and lower jaw. I will have to ask my Derm what to do for this. At my age I think Obagi has done its job and it is going to happen no matter what I use.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a solution to these lines other than an filler. I don't do needles.

Thanks

Hi Lily123, I think you are right on the "it's just going to happen" regarding the wrinkles. I think you can only prevent so much but the natural aging process is still going to happen. I read where you don't use any moisturizers on maintenance, and my only thought was to try something like that for a temporary plumping of the lines. Or something occlusive on top of the tretinoin to prevent TEWL, which may help with the wrinkles. My only other thought is something like the ReAura or Tria laser, but, that is only going to give so much improvement and I do not believe it will wipe out wrinkles completely, but may improve them.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
hello denisiel:

Yaling, check out this link...there are a number of different Obagi protocols that can be followed. Using a less aggressive one means that results will be slower, but some people may prefer slow as opposed to being super red or abandoning the NuDerm program completely.

http://www.truebeauty.com/q6.php

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am using Retin A 0.025%.
jade-1234 wrote:
With what strength of Retin-A?

azumma wrote:
jennykree

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have just started the Obagi Nu Derm system for my moderate melasma on my forehead and my cheeks. I know that this might be a dumb question, but I use the system in the morning and then lots of times I work out or don't have time to shower in the morning so I will do it later on in the day. My questions is, do I still use the entire program again or should I just use the sunscreen? I also use the program at night, so I don't want to overdo it. I use the Retin A with the Blender at night. Thank you for the help!
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:51 am      Reply with quote
jennykree wrote:
I have just started the Obagi Nu Derm system for my moderate melasma on my forehead and my cheeks. I know that this might be a dumb question, but I use the system in the morning and then lots of times I work out or don't have time to shower in the morning so I will do it later on in the day. My questions is, do I still use the entire program again or should I just use the sunscreen? I also use the program at night, so I don't want to overdo it. I use the Retin A with the Blender at night. Thank you for the help!

Do you sweat or wash the NuDerm off? If so, I would apply NuDerm after working out. I read on the ZO Skin site that three hours is not enough time for the products to be fully effective. They advised to apply after working out. So that's what I do. I will just apply sunscreen, go to the gym and workout, and then wash up and apply NuDerm.
jennykree

Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you!!
nannap

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys, I am on week 4 of obagi nu derm with 0.05 tretinoin. I have to say that I am having a real down day today as I was expecting to see just a glimmer of improvement but nothing at all. I have a red face constanly that resembles a pretty bad sunburn, my chin is peeling, my eyes look like i am a very old lady (before i had no lines) every time i smile its disgusting! i am breaking out with many white little spots and in general spots are coming up. my blackheads are far from improving, pores are still very open and noticable and i feel pretty awful for putting up wth such a red peely face for 4 weeks with not even a glimmer of improvement. I know tretinoin makes face worse first but after 4 weeks nothing but side effcts seems a bit demotivating considering people seem to see improvements within 2 weeks with a wow effect. Do i give up? i keep reading in forums that people had this wow effect after 2 weeks or so and i am starting to think I am one of the unlucky ones... this is really not worth the red face, peeling and the huge expense...Is this really worth it?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |