Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
meganm76
5% products discount

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response, AuntBee. I actually got on the obagi nuderm system through my best friend, who is a dermatology PA. She instructs all of her patients to use only a pea-size amount of the products as well. However, I went against her advice and followed what I read on the internet and obagi web site (to use a gram of the clear and tretinoin, which is more than a pea-size amount). Each time I see her she tells me that if I just reduce the amount, the irritation would subside. But, I've been under the impression that using more product = faster results.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
[quote]

I've been under the same impression, meganm76. Sometimes, we've got to let our skin be our guide and cut back on the products if we need to. My mouth area is really sore and red at the moment so I'm using a little emu oil on it.

I've been trying to use the 0.01% Retin a with the blender, but it may be too strong. I've read about others who have used it successfully, but it may not work for me!!

Vanessa: I think Cetaphil would be fine as a cleanser. I've used it in the past and really like it. I'm also using witch hazel for my toner right now. From what I can gather, the Clear, Blender, and Retin A are what we need for maintenance. Sounds like a plan!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
kims.. Did you say you were doing the 24 weeks? I am doing the countdown now, only 2 weeks to go on the 18 wk cycle! I have to order more clear today. How is your face doing?
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Auntbee..I tried your suggestion of only using a pea sized amount. Making sure every area was covered and the redness & irritation seems to have gone away. I went back and read my RA instructions and it even says a pea sized amount. Thanks for the info.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vanessa, I am attempting the 24 week plan but must admit I've been slacking just a bit! Areas around my mouth and chin have really been irritated lately and I've been using Aquaphor. I guess I must be going through a red and peely stage again. I'm not really peeling, just dry and flaky. But what's funny is that my face is extremely oily! I'm really red and oily looking by the afternoon.

What improvements have you seen using Nuderm? With me, I'm still not sure. All I know for sure is that I'm not satisfied with the way my skin is now and am still hoping for some major changes!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
kims. I have to say that my skin looks better. My brown spots have faded 95%! My pores look smaller(not invisible) but smaller. I wonder if the 1% RA is too strong for you? Ever since I started using a smaller amount of the product I don't seem to be as dry. Overall I would say I am very happy with the results. How is your brown spots? Are you happy with the results you have gotten?
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where Rileygirl has been? I miss her posts & great tips & information about Obagi.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
What does the sun fader do? I use the sunsreen but not the sun fader. Does anyone else use Sun fader?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Does anyone know where Rileygirl has been? I miss her posts & great tips & information about Obagi.

I am here, Vanessa! You sound like you are having great results. 95% improvement is wonderful! Very Happy

The sunfader is basically sunscreen with hydroquinone in it. It is very irritating to almost everyone who uses it. I would not advise that one, but that is just me!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vanessa,
I have been using the Sunfader off and on; I guess I like the extra dose of HQ -ha ha. I also put sunscreen on top.

Most of my brown spots are gone, too. I also have to say that I've gotten no freckles on my forehead this summer and I almost always get some even with sunscreen. So, that's a big plus for me. No freckles on the nose either!

My pores seem to be the same to me: Big as day! Plus, my skin is super oily. The red marks/spots that I've developed are my real concern. I don't know what to do about them. My esthetician suggested I look into the V Beam laser and I probably will.

Skin texture is another issue for me. My skin is really rough looking -- but it is soft to the touch! I'm hoping that my additional weeks with Obagi will help with that. We'll see...

If you or anyone have any words of wisdom for me, I'd love to hear it! Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
The red marks/spots that I've developed are my real concern. I don't know what to do about them. My esthetician suggested I look into the V Beam laser and I probably will.

Kims, are the red marks broken caps, is that what you are seeing? Where are they located? Can you take a picture of the spots so we can see?

If they are broken caps, they were brought out by the Retin A and there isn't anything topical that can help them. You would have to go v-beam or IPL. But, keep in mind (again if these are broken caps) that they will return, especially if you stay on RA.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl! Have any of you noticed a reduction of wrinkles with the RA? I thought I read where it takes 6 months of doing the RA to notice a difference. I think my forehead wrinkles ( too much sun and expression lines Smile ) seem to be a little smoother. I started the program on April 3.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I definitely had diminishing of wrinkles, Vanessa. The fine wrinkles will tend to disappear and the deeper wrinkles will appear less deep. Most of the studies done on Retin A say you get the most benefit from 1 year of nightly use, and then you are supposed to back off to just a few nights a week to maintain that.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,
I don't think they are broken caps, but I'm not 100% sure about it either. They're more like flat roundish dots. I do need to post a pic. Like I said before, I'll have to have my 15 year-old daughter help me as I'm not too techy!!

My thoughts were also that the culprit could be the retin a. I've backed down to using the 0.025%, but I don't know if that will make a difference. I hate to stop using it completely.

On the plus side, I've gotten no new brown spots or freckles this summer while on Obagi and that is HUGE for me!

I also have no wrinkles to speak of. My biggest wrinkle issues are the fine lines under my eyes and I was hoping the retin a would be helpful there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
My biggest wrinkle issues are the fine lines under my eyes and I was hoping the retin a would be helpful there.

It will, but it will take 6-12 months! Try to post a picture if you can. I am curious about these red spots that you mention and I can't figure them out!
meganm76
5% products discount

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl: when you say you need to use the retin-a for 6-12 months before seeing improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, is that daily use and in the amount of 1 gram? I am around week 12-13 and I continue to be so irritated by all of the products (not sure which is causing the most irritation, but I'm guessing the retin-a). I can't imagine my skin being irritated for another 3-7 months.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
meganm76 wrote:
Rileygirl: when you say you need to use the retin-a for 6-12 months before seeing improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, is that daily use and in the amount of 1 gram? I am around week 12-13 and I continue to be so irritated by all of the products (not sure which is causing the most irritation, but I'm guessing the retin-a). I can't imagine my skin being irritated for another 3-7 months.

I am talking about nightly use, meganm76, but you definitely would not have to use the 1 gram. Once you are done with Nu Derm, and on maintenance, you can drop the amount of Retin A down. Your goal would be to use as little of the products as you can but still maintain your results. Just speaking about the Retin A for the fine lines/wrinkles, you could only need the pea sized amount of Retin A nightly for 6-12 months for that.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, where do you post pictures? I would love to see some of the before & after photos.
AuntBee

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
meganm76 wrote:

I am talking about nightly use, meganm76, but you definitely would not have to use the 1 gram. Once you are done with Nu Derm, and on maintenance, you can drop the amount of Retin A down. Your goal would be to use as little of the products as you can but still maintain your results. Just speaking about the Retin A for the fine lines/wrinkles, you could only need the pea sized amount of Retin A nightly for 6-12 months for that.

My maintenance regime calls for the Retin A three times a week.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Rileygirl, where do you post pictures? I would love to see some of the before & after photos.

Vanessa, I am not sure if you are looking for my before/after or any B/A's. I don't think I have any on here any longer, but look up tamgirl99 and obagi. She had excellent results. I had more freckles than she did and my skin looked as even as hers when I was done.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
AuntBee wrote:
My maintenance regime calls for the Retin A three times a week.

That is the norm for maintenance. If you have fine lines/wrinkles you want to dimnish, you can use the RA alone (pea sized amount) the other nights.
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Vanessa, I am not sure if you are looking for my before/after or any B/A's. I don't think I have any on here any longer, but look up tamgirl99 and obagi. She had excellent results. I had more freckles than she did and my skin looked as even as hers when I was done.

Rileygirl is there a special section on the website where I can look them up?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Here you go, Vanessa. This is tamgirl99's pics.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23934&highlight=obagi

She was the one who inspired me to try Obagi again.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,
Just took a look at Tamgirls b/a pics and her skin really looks beautiful. Actually, to me, her before pictures were great too. My skin looks no where near as good as hers does. She seemed to be mainly dealing with freckles because her skin texture looks amazing in the befores.

I would love to have results like that but I don't think it's meant to be for me!

Does anyone know if Tamgirl has maintained her beautiful results? I'm so envious!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl Thank you for posting that thread! Her pictures look really good. Have you always done the maintenance? Did you do the whole 6 week cycle once a year?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |