Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



My Obagi experience

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:41 am      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Rileygirl Thank you for posting that thread! Her pictures look really good. Have you always done the maintenance? Did you do the whole 6 week cycle once a year?


No, I never stuck with maintenance and I don't use the Nu Derm any more. I have problems if I stay on Hydroquinone/Retin A too long. My liver enzymes go out of whack, and I have 1 nail on my left hand that turns black. I am using the 302 skin care line right now. It is supposed to get rid of pigmentation, etc., but it takes a long time. Can be up to 1 year to see improvement. I am on month 5, so I'll let you know in 7 months how it goes!
VanessaB
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl..I wonder if the retin a is enough to keep the pigmentation away? Or if the HQ is what does it. I read in your eairler posts that the HQ gives you asma..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Rileygirl..I wonder if the retin a is enough to keep the pigmentation away? Or if the HQ is what does it. I read in your eairler posts that the HQ gives you asma..


Oh, that was quite a few years ago, Vanessa, and I thought at the time it was the HQ causing my asthma. It was not. For me, the HQ was what worked to get rid of the pigmentation, not the RA.
meganm76
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 19
Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
meganm76 wrote:
Rileygirl: when you say you need to use the retin-a for 6-12 months before seeing improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, is that daily use and in the amount of 1 gram? I am around week 12-13 and I continue to be so irritated by all of the products (not sure which is causing the most irritation, but I'm guessing the retin-a). I can't imagine my skin being irritated for another 3-7 months.


I am talking about nightly use, meganm76, but you definitely would not have to use the 1 gram. Once you are done with Nu Derm, and on maintenance, you can drop the amount of Retin A down. Your goal would be to use as little of the products as you can but still maintain your results. Just speaking about the Retin A for the fine lines/wrinkles, you could only need the pea sized amount of Retin A nightly for 6-12 months for that.


Great, thanks rileygirl!!!
VanessaB
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl..I guess I can't spell asthma Very Happy (asma) hahaha
VanessaB
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Are there any more before and after photos on this forum? Does anyone know of any other sites that have them besides the offical Obagi site?
VanessaB
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims... This is my 18th week!! I made an appointment with the Dr. to see what the next step is and also to compare my before and after pics. How is your skin doing? Where has everyone been? The blog has been quite lately....
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vanessa,

Congratulations on making it to your 18th week!! We all know how challenging it is...
I'm on my 17th but have planned on doing the full 24. Rileygirl mentioned that I'll probably see the maximum results that Nuderm has to offer for my skin.

I'll have to admit that I stil do not have the "Wow" factor I am hoping for with Obagi. I'll give it one more cycle and then proceed from there. I'm doing a little research on lasers/peels and I may look into that further after the 24 weeks.

Please let us know what your doctor has to say. Could you possibly post your b/a pics? I bet you're looking great!!

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
VanessaB
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone...ughh I am so confused!! I went to my 18th week check up to see what the maintenence would be. She wants me to stop the Obagi completly for 3 weeks and then come back and do chemical peels! I really don't want to stop the RA..I love the results I have had with it & the HQ. I read where it takes 6 months for the RA to do the best job. I don't want to do chemical peels. She said it would even out the lighter spots I have now on my forehead. But I think my skin looks good. ANY OPINIONS or has anyone had this happen? thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Hi everyone...ughh I am so confused!! I went to my 18th week check up to see what the maintenence would be. She wants me to stop the Obagi completly for 3 weeks and then come back and do chemical peels! I really don't want to stop the RA..I love the results I have had with it & the HQ. I read where it takes 6 months for the RA to do the best job. I don't want to do chemical peels. She said it would even out the lighter spots I have now on my forehead. But I think my skin looks good. ANY OPINIONS or has anyone had this happen? thanks!


Vanessa, if You are happy with your skin, go on to maintenance and don't worry about the peels. BTW, it actually takes 1 year for RA to do the best job, so you have a ways to go!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Vanessa,
What are the "lighter" spots on your forehead and what kind of chemical peels did your derm suggest? I agree with Rileygirl that if you're happy with your skin then just start on your maintenance plan.

Sounds like RA is working for you and your skin will only continue to improve!

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
VanessaB
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
The skin care specialist - not a derm - i don't know what you call them..it is at a day spa...anyway she said my forehead now has lighter spots and the skin tone is not even. I think it lookds 97% better that before and my whole skin tone is even and my pores look smaller. I'm not sure what the peel was but she wanted me to come in every 2 weeks. I told her I didn't want to spend the extra $. But she said we really wouldn't know what my skin looked like till I stopped all products for 3 weeks?!? I have read where women has used RA for years... SO what do you guys make of it? Maintenance?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am a real pessimist but I make of it that she wants you to spend your money! That makes no sense that you won't know what your skin looks like until you stop all the products for 3 weeks. My guess is that some spots will start coming back in that time, which will make her case for the peels! I say go on maintenance. If you get to a point where you want something else done, then go and have the peels at that time!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am a real pessimist but I make of it that she wants you to spend your money! That makes no sense that you won't know what your skin looks like until you stop all the products for 3 weeks. My guess is that some spots will start coming back in that time, which will make her case for the peels! I say go on maintenance. If you get to a point where you want something else done, then go and have the peels at that time!


I second rileygirl, I think the woman at the dayspa is trying to get you to spend your money-and giving you a real hard sell. The most important opinion is your own, if you think your skin is looking better it is, forget the peels, I'm skeptical about those anyway, and go to maintenance. I recommend you include a good Vitamin C product used in the morning as part of your maintenence, it could get rid of any eaxtra little spots you may have.
VanessaB
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for the support. I will do the maintenance. I tell you yesterday I was so disappointed. But today is a new day. And I looked at my skin this morning and I am happy with it. Which vit C product would you recommend? Should I do clear in the am for my maint or in the pm? Do I also continue to combine RA & blender?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Thank you ladies for the support. I will do the maintenance. I tell you yesterday I was so disappointed. But today is a new day. And I looked at my skin this morning and I am happy with it. Which vit C product would you recommend? Should I do clear in the am for my maint or in the pm? Do I also continue to combine RA & blender?


I love the Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic. If you can afford that one, it is one of the best out there, in my opinion. (The Skinmedica C is also supposed to be good, but I never gave that a long enough usage and have only used samples of it, so can't report how good or not it is.)

You can use the Clear either in the a.m. or the p.m. and yes you continue to combine the RA/Blender.

Here is the usual maintenance for Nu Derm. You will have to tweak it and see how little of each product you can use and get away with so your pigmentation does not return. It is different for every person.

Exfoderm 2 days a week (mornings). Clear 3 days a week (morning or evening, but not on the same day as the Exfoderm). Blender/RA anywhere from 2-5 nights a week. You can continue with the Nu Derm cleanser/toner, or you can use the Obagi C-Rx Cleanser (which does not require a toner afterwards). Continue with your sunscreen every day. If you want to add the C product in, you would use that product after washing your face. It will be the first product you put on, then continue to either the Exfoderm or Clear and sunscreen. At night, it will just be the Blender/RA. Good luck, VanessaB! Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Vanessa,
Keep us updated on your maintenance plan! I saw my plastic surgeon this week and she suggested I continue with Nuderm for another 8 weeks. I've developed these annoying red spots and she isn't even sure what they are! She thinks they may fade as well with continued usage. After that, I'll start maintenance too.

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
VanessaB
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 54
Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you rileygirl for the maintenance info. I didn't know that you had to continue the exfoderm. I was hoping to have a "regular" colored face for a while Very Happy . I will let you know how the maint goes.

Kims - Yesterday I was tempted to do another 6 weeks. But today I am going on to maint Very Happy . Where r the spots and how big are they?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
VanessaB wrote:
Thank you ladies for the support. I will do the maintenance. I tell you yesterday I was so disappointed. But today is a new day. And I looked at my skin this morning and I am happy with it. Which vit C product would you recommend? Should I do clear in the am for my maint or in the pm? Do I also continue to combine RA & blender?


I love the Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic. If you can afford that one, it is one of the best out there, in my opinion. (The Skinmedica C is also supposed to be good, but I never gave that a long enough usage and have only used samples of it, so can't report how good or not it is.)

You can use the Clear either in the a.m. or the p.m. and yes you continue to combine the RA/Blender.

Here is the usual maintenance for Nu Derm. You will have to tweak it and see how little of each product you can use and get away with so your pigmentation does not return. It is different for every person.

Exfoderm 2 days a week (mornings). Clear 3 days a week (morning or evening, but not on the same day as the Exfoderm). Blender/RA anywhere from 2-5 nights a week. You can continue with the Nu Derm cleanser/toner, or you can use the Obagi C-Rx Cleanser (which does not require a toner afterwards). Continue with your sunscreen every day. If you want to add the C product in, you would use that product after washing your face. It will be the first product you put on, then continue to either the Exfoderm or Clear and sunscreen. At night, it will just be the Blender/RA. Good luck, VanessaB! Very Happy


I second the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic, it's great!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
VanessaB wrote:
Thank you rileygirl for the maintenance info. I didn't know that you had to continue the exfoderm. I was hoping to have a "regular" colored face for a while Very Happy . I will let you know how the maint goes.

Kims - Yesterday I was tempted to do another 6 weeks. But today I am going on to maint Very Happy . Where r the spots and how big are they?


If you don't need the Exfoderm, drop it out Vanessa.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,
Is the main purpose of the Exfoderm for exfoliation and resurfacing? Since skin texture is one of my issues, I will probably keep using this when (or if, in my case) I get to the maintenance phase. Thanks!

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Rileygirl,
Is the main purpose of the Exfoderm for exfoliation and resurfacing? Since skin texture is one of my issues, I will probably keep using this when (or if, in my case) I get to the maintenance phase. Thanks!


Yes, it enhances exfoliation. It is an AHA. Forte uses glycolic and the regular Exfoderm uses phytic acid.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Obagi C serum with the 4%hydroquinine in it while doing Nuderm or on maintenance. Or, would using this product be overkill on the HQ? Thanks!

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Has anyone used the Obagi C serum with the 4%hydroquinine in it while doing Nuderm or on maintenance. Or, would using this product be overkill on the HQ? Thanks!


I used that product on maintenance, Kims. It kills 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. You can use that in place of a separate C serum and Clear. When you are on maintenance you can replace the Exfoderm with the exfoliating lotion from the C-RX line. You also can use the C-RX cleanser instead of the Nu Derm cleanser/toner (as the C-RX one doesn't need a toner), pretty much the only thing you can't replace is the Blender/RA combo.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 1575
Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Rileygirl! That's good to know. I thought the C serum with HQ sounded kind of interesting. I ordered a few of the Nuderm products to get me through the next 2 months and I got a full sized cleanser from the C line as a free gift (from EDS). Killing 2 birds with 1 stone works for me!! Smile

_________________
50 Is definitely NOT nifty!!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Tanda ZAP - Pink Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Original Formula Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream Tube (31 ml / 1 floz)