Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
VanessaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims. How are you doing on the last leg of Obagi? I am doing the maintance. I have to say my skin is not as good as it was on everyday with Obagi. I am doing clear 3-4 times a week. RA everyday. Blender & RA 2 nights a week. My brown spots are a little darker than what they were. Let me know how you are doing.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vanessa! Good to hear from. So, you don't think your skin is as good now that you're on maintenance? Are you using the Clear both a.m. and p.m.? I'm afraid my sun spots will come back, too. After all this hard work!! Crying or Very sad

Are you going to change up your routine? I guess when we're at this point, it can be trial and error to see what works best for us.

My plastic surgeon wants me to continue for about another six weeks and then go in for another evaluation. I think that in order to get my skin where I want it to be, I'm going to need to do some kind of peel or laser treatment. I guess I'll see.

Let us know how you tweak your regimen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have some dark spots on my face and trying to get rid of them. Then I started using Obagi Nu-derm six weeks ago. I am well prepared for the redness and peelings but none has happened to me. And I don't see any positive response on my skin at all. Should I continue with the product or just switch to others??? Can any one help??
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Drsunmei wrote:
I have some dark spots on my face and trying to get rid of them. Then I started using Obagi Nu-derm six weeks ago. I am well prepared for the redness and peelings but none has happened to me. And I don't see any positive response on my skin at all. Should I continue with the product or just switch to others??? Can any one help??

Hi Drsunmei,
Would you mind sharing your exact a.m. and p.m. regimens with the Obagi products (and how much product you're using)? I think if I had this information, I could better address your questions. It seems very unusual that you wouldn't see any changes in your skin after six weeks, but the entire Nuderm program is a full 18 weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I also wanted to ask if you're using Retin A with Nuderm and what percent? I think Retin A is an integral part of the system.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kim. I am using clear and blend at night and clear and exfoderm with SPF 35 during daytime. I am not using Retinol A at the moment.
Drsunmei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Rentin A is part of the Obagi Nu-derm system? How does that work?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Drsunmei wrote:

Yes, Retin A or Tretinoin is a very important part of the Nuderm system. No wonder you're not getting any results!! Retin A is used with the Blender and is applied at night only; it helps to increase skin cell turnover. Retin A is a prescription topical and comes in gel or cream form. You will need the cream to use with the Nuderm system. Most people start with 0.025% and then move up to 0.050% once their skin acclimates to the products. Drsunmei, here's the protocol you should be following:

Morning Routine: In order of application
Obagi Cleanser
Obagi Toner
Vit C serum (optional)
Clear 1/2g
Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte 1/2 g
Sunscreen

Evening Routine: In order of application
Obagi Cleanser
Obagi Toner
Clear 1/2g
Blender 1/2g and Tretinoin 1/2g
(Some people may use a gram of Blender and Tretinoin) Blend products together and rub in thoroughly)

If you are not following this protocol you will definitely not get the results you are after! Hope this helps!

Also want to add: The entire system needs to be done for a full 18 weeks!

Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with all the advice Kims gave you. You have to use the Vitamin A or else no peeling will occur and thus no result. I started 12 weeks ago with the Obagi system. At first I started with the application of 1 gram of Clear a.m. and p.m. and 1 gram of the Vitamin A / Blender in the p.m., but the reaction was way to strong so I reduced it to 1/2 a gram of those products. I have peeled and at times I am red but it was way more mangeable. Most of my brown spots have diminished or are gone. The skin is starting to get very fresh looking though I can tell I have a way to go.

The Obagi system is an 18 week program if you use the 1 gram dose of both the Clear and the Vitamin A/Blender, but it will be longer if you go down on the 1 gram dose. So eventhough I have been doing it for 12 weeks I feel like I am at the end of my first 6 weeks. As long as I get the end results I will take it a little slower for quality of life.

My sister-in-law is a year ahead of me and she looks fabulous! I am hoping for the same results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Drsunmei wrote:

Yes, Retin A or Tretinoin is a very important part of the Nuderm system. No wonder you're not getting any results!! Retin A is used with the Blender and is applied at night only; it helps to increase skin cell turnover. Retin A is a prescription topical and comes in gel or cream form. You will need the cream to use with the Nuderm system. Most people start with 0.025% and then move up to 0.050% once their skin acclimates to the products. Drsunmei, here's the protocol you should be following:

Morning Routine: In order of application
Obagi Cleanser
Obagi Toner
Vit C serum (optional)
Clear 1/2g
Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte 1/2 g
Sunscreen

Evening Routine: In order of application
Obagi Cleanser
Obagi Toner
Clear 1/2g
Blender 1/2g and Tretinoin 1/2g
(Some people may use a gram of Blender and Tretinoin) Blend products together and rub in thoroughly)

If you are not following this protocol you will definitely not get the results you are after! Hope this helps!

Also want to add: The entire system needs to be done for a full 18 weeks!

Just a little hote here but the correct protocol is Clear 1 gram morning and 1 gram evening. The Retin A is recommended to be 1 gram but some only use 1/2 gram, but the Blender should always be 1/2 gram.
wangdi

Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi,everyone I am a Chinese, only a little English, but I still post messages to the forums, do not know if we can not read my text.

Today, I received a OBAGI product, very happy. I've been concerned about this product 2 over a year.

Looking forward to it brought me surprise, I think it will not let me disappointed! Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Wangdi,
What Obagi products did you purchase? Did you get the Nuderm system? Before you start, you might want to read some of the Obagi threads here at EDS to give you an idea of what to expect. Good luck and welcome to the forum! Smile

5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds really great. I only have some red spot due to acne. I am kind of worried it will be too harsh for me. Will it? Can it minimize the pores?

SUEWITH2 wrote:
Hi, If anyone is thinking about trying Obagi, please read my review. I was in an accident about eight years ago, which left a scar on my face. I had the deepest CO2 laser treatment available at that time to even out my entire face skin texture. It worked however I did not maintain my new skin and got horrible hyperpigmentation over the last few years. Even with mineral makeup my skin looked dirty, spotted, and just older(I am 35). My trouble spots were my cheeks,entire mouth area, and forehead. I finally tried Obagi(Condition and Enhance System) and I am amazed. I am on my third week and my skin is about 75% brighter than before. The first week and half were horrible. My entire face peeled and was bright red. The first to go was my lip and mouth area(about two layers each day), then cheeks and eye area, then finally jaw line. At present day my mouth area still peels a little however my entire face has taken on a whole new appearance. My skin is bright, glowing, and I think I look younger(that's most important!). Like most people I did not think it would work. So far, it has worked and I can look in the mirror and be happy with myself. My crows feet are almost non existent too. Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SweetNancy,
Obagi Nuderm is a very harsh treatment indeed! Before taking that approach, I would definitely invest some time in reading and researching about it. A great place to start is right here at EDS. Do a search for Obagi Nuderm and take some time reading through those threads. That way, you might have a better understanding of what to expect and whether or not it is the right approach for you.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,Kims:
I purchased is the NU-DERM System, last night, the first time I use it. Today, the situation began to stimulation, such as redness, tightness, but I know that this is to use the OBAGI a natural reaction, showing that a product is being effective, so I am not worried look forward to its effect. Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wangdi, good luck with Nuderm! Keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I had a little breakout used Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. and just after a few days, my face started to clear up and yes I was really impressed of the result.
wangdi

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi,kims:
I am a Chinese, English is not good, do not know if you can not understand what I mean.

I use the OBAGI have a week time, there are still red, dry conditions, and it started peeling. Freckle of desalination is not yet obvious. I could feel my pores began to shrink around the nose ,I have confidence in the OBAGI .

Interestingly, it was said, after I used the OBAGI, skin started damage, because of my facial redness and peeling, but I'm not sad because I know that she did not know OBAGI, stimulus-response instructions OBAGI is working and useful.

But I used some in the eye, so the eye is very dry ,now to avoid the eye, because the eye was too sensitive and fragile, and I am ready to use OBAGI Professional Eye Cream, do you have any suggestions?

Best wishes
Wang Di
kohl1030

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Using the Nuderm Obagi system with the retin a.
Im in week 4. Started week 1 with immediate results of blackheads dissapearing. My facing immediately got lighter which makes me look younger. Week 2 had some light peeling, skipped the blender/retin a 1 night to help me. But honestly it wasn't that bad. Almost didn't make it through week 3 because my face broke out so bad. Big cystic bumps and whiteheads too. Because my skin is so light the acne seemed to pop out in color, being bright red and really standing out. I looked awful. But this week is much better. I continued to use the product and no new bumps today. The ones from last week are gone and the scars are already lightneing. For a few days when the acne looked really bad I used straight retin-a at night(without the blender) just to speed things along. It worked. Im back happy again. Im not suggesting it unless you think your skin can take it. Mind you I dont have much peeling or redness at all. In week 4 now my face light and bright. all previous dark acne scars are gone. The scars I had from recent breakout are lightning and the acne pits and indentions are getting less noticeable. so far best $500 I ever spent Cool
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wangdi,
I think you're having all the normal reactions to Obagi Nuderm. All the peeling, redness, and irritation are to be expected. And as you've noticed: sometimes you'll look worse before you look better. That's part of the "out with old and in with the new" phase.

There are a lot of people who can't tolerate the products under their eyes. If you want to continue, sometimes you just have to tough it out. Any brand of eye cream will work. It doesn't have to necessarily be Obagi. Right now, I'm using Juara.

Wangdi, I think you're doing great with your English!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kohl1030,
Thanks for sharing your Obagi experience so far and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've had some highs and lows with Nuderm but you've got the "stick it out" approach which is what you need to have to be successful. Keep it up and keep sharing!

5% products discount

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I have been on the Obagi nuderm for 13 days and it is as bad as everyone says. My skin doesn't peel however, some parts just flake. I am as red as a lobster. It is also sore. I am determined to see this through however, I have just found out I need to go to Florida for 5 days on Thursday. I have the Sunfader 35 in my kit, but will I be ok. I am from Toronto and really, sun is not a problem this time of year. I am worried I may do some damage. I will be outside for a large portion of each day. Any suggestions?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
ldeenen wrote:
I have been on the Obagi nuderm for 13 days and it is as bad as everyone says. My skin doesn't peel however, some parts just flake. I am as red as a lobster. It is also sore. I am determined to see this through however, I have just found out I need to go to Florida for 5 days on Thursday. I have the Sunfader 35 in my kit, but will I be ok. I am from Toronto and really, sun is not a problem this time of year. I am worried I may do some damage. I will be outside for a large portion of each day. Any suggestions?

I would stop the products, since the sun in FL is not something you are used to. Wear your sunscreen, reapply every 2 hours, and wear a hat/sunglasses at all times outside. When you return, restart the Obagi.
ldeenen
5% products discount

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanx Rileygirl. I will definitely take care. I am just sorry I have to stop for a few days because my face is finally starting to feel better. Oh well, better not to take chances.javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
ldeenen wrote:
Thanx Rileygirl. I will definitely take care. I am just sorry I have to stop for a few days because my face is finally starting to feel better. Oh well, better not to take chances.javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')

That is my motto, better safe than sorry. Your skin will probably adjust quickly when you start back on the products if you aren't off of them for too long (1 week or so).
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |