Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ideenen,
Do you have another sunscreen besides the Sunfader? Like the other one in the Obagi kit? I personally would use something other than the Sunfader for your primary sunscreen in Florida since it contains hydroquinine and can sometimes be irritating in its own right! Have fun on your trip and enjoy the sunshine (as much as possible anyway!)

5% products discount

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have the healthy skin protection SPF35. I will use that, my husband doesn't like it tho cause it kind of makes my skin whitish.

Thanx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
ldeenen wrote:
Yes, I have the healthy skin protection SPF35. I will use that, my husband doesn't like it tho cause it kind of makes my skin whitish.

Thanx

Cover it up with some mineral make-up. That should take the whitish color off your skin, plus give you added protection!
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone let me know whether the retin A is a must for applying the Obagi regime? thanks a lot, i am just hesitating about the use the retin A since I hate the feeling of peeling.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:31 am      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:
Can anyone let me know whether the retin A is a must for applying the Obagi regime? thanks a lot, i am just hesitating about the use the retin A since I hate the feeling of peeling.

Yes, it is a must. Don't bother with Obagi if you don't use the Retin A, as it would be a total waste of time.
ldeenen
5% products discount

Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl - thanx again for input. My spa girl told me to stop the RA/blender and Clear while in Florida. I guess I will do that, but I am afraid I am setting myself back. I have already suffered 2 weeks of flakes and red. I had hoped to be settling down soon. Also, what should I use? just the cleanser, toner, Vit A and sunscreen during the day? Is there a moisturiser I can use at night? I have no time to go to her office cause I leave tomorrow a.m. Thanks again.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ideenen,
You can add Vit C to your a.m. routine, if you'd like. You apply if after the toner. I used the Obagi C, but there are other brands you can use as well. Also, you mentioned using retin a as part of your morning routine, but you should only use it at night. Sorry if I read your post wrong.

I would try to limit the amount of moisturizer you use while on your trip. You also probably know that you're not supposed to use moisturizer while doing the Nuderm program.

Protect your skin while in Florida, have a great time! Obagi will be waiting when you return!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
ldeenen wrote:
Hi Rileygirl - thanx again for input. My spa girl told me to stop the RA/blender and Clear while in Florida. I guess I will do that, but I am afraid I am setting myself back. I have already suffered 2 weeks of flakes and red. I had hoped to be settling down soon. Also, what should I use? just the cleanser, toner, Vit A and sunscreen during the day? Is there a moisturiser I can use at night? I have no time to go to her office cause I leave tomorrow a.m. Thanks again.

Yes, just continue on with the cleanser, toner, Retin A, and sunscreen. If you continue using the Retin A at night, I don't think you will set yourself back. I wouldn't use a moisturizer at night, just your Retin A.
ldeenen
5% products discount

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
My spa girl said to stop Retin A/blender while in Florida. She also said to stop the "Clear". Do you think I should continue with RetinA/blender while in Florida?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
No, if she told you to stop, then stop. I personally would continue to use the Retin A only (not with the blender while you are gone), just so your skin can continue to adjust to the Retin A. But, you need to follow the directions of the person who is seeing you in person!
ldeenen
5% products discount

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thx Rileygirl. I think I will try using the Retin A (by itself) I want to get this stage OVER with! So my husband doesn't walk beside me when we're there, he'll love me when the new face pops out. lol I'll be back on Monday and let you know how it went. BTW my chin is totally peeling, but everything else is just very slightly flaky. Does everything have to peel like my chin? If so, I could be at this for years!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
No, everything does not have to peel like your chin is. Some people (me!) never do peel. I got flaking around my mouth only, which is the area most people see the flaking/peeling from due to all the movement in that area. You will still get great results even if you don't peel if you follow the program for the entire length of time. Most important is using the correct amount of the products and not using any moisturizer! Good luck and have a great time here in Florida! Very Happy
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm on day 7 of obagi nuderm. I am 53 yrs old with fair skin and some wrinkling.

I started last Thursday, skipped Friday, did it Saturday and wow on Sunday I peeled like a snake. I skipped Sunday and have done it Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Today my skin is flakey, kind of rough feeling. Doesn't really hurt but feels crackey like. Is this normal?

Will it peel again like a snake? I loved that...hee hee!!! Reminded me of when I had some vitalize peels.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DebM,
Sounds like you're having the usual Obagi experience so far! You'll probably peel again...and again. Redness, dryness, irritation, peeling are all byproducts of the Nuderm system. Stay with it and good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'd just love to put some squelene oil all over my face. It feels soooo dry and yucky!
AimHigh

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Obagi on and off, Every time I start breaking out, I just skip 2 or 3 days and get back on it again.

I have been using glycolic peel every 10 days, that might be the reason I didnt peel much
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
I'd just love to put some squelene oil all over my face. It feels soooo dry and yucky!

Hi DebM,
I know it's tough but stay strong! Things do get better and your skin WILL start feeling (and looking) better, too. Hang in there! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
AimHigh wrote:
I have been using Obagi on and off, Every time I start breaking out, I just skip 2 or 3 days and get back on it again.

I have been using glycolic peel every 10 days, that might be the reason I didnt peel much

Hi AimHIgh,
Is there a reason why you're using glycolic peels with Obagi? It's my understanding while doing the Nuderm program, you shouldn't use masks, peels, or moisturizers. It might slow your progress.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:43 am      Reply with quote
ackkkkkkkkk, it's getting to me. Only been 11 days and I want to quit!!! Just so itchy and dry feeling. I see the esthestican today thank goodness!! I just want to do a scrub or something. The exoderm just seems to keep the peelies intact! I do use my fingertips in the shower and get alot off. I work in the public so that's really hard!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:46 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi AimHIgh,
Is there a reason why you're using glycolic peels with Obagi? It's my understanding while doing the Nuderm program, you shouldn't use masks, peels, or moisturizers. It might slow your progress.

Actually the glycolic acid peel is probably helping with the Nu Derm and allowing the products to get down even deeper! That is definitely probably why you don't peel, AimHigh. You are exfoliating with the GA peel.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Had my consult with the esth - she said I am to go to 3 days a week after Thursday (2 week point). She thinks since i used Tazarac (Avage) prior and pretty regularly that I might be farther along than someone who hadn't been on any Vit. A. I am thrilled to hear that. Hate this tight, itchy stuff. She gave me a sample of the Obagi moisturizer that I can use on the off days. My face burns in the a.m. especially so I'm glad to slow down! I'm afraid people are looking at me funny because of some of the flaking and white spots! I'll be glad when this is done. I can assure you that I'll think with maint because I don't want to go thru it again!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Congrats, DebM. Your skin sounds like it responded very well. You are very smart to stick with maintenance! Very Happy
ldeenen
5% products discount

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
OK I am back from Florida. While I was there I quit the Retin A and the clear. Instead of the Sunfader I used the Skin Protection 35. In about 2 days, my skin was not red or flaky. I re-started the full routine November 2 and ...yup. I am fire engine red again. How does your skin stop being red if you keep using the same products?
would hate to look like this forever. Except for the 4 days in Florida, I have been on for about 4 weeks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
ldeenen wrote:
OK I am back from Florida. While I was there I quit the Retin A and the clear. Instead of the Sunfader I used the Skin Protection 35. In about 2 days, my skin was not red or flaky. I re-started the full routine November 2 and ...yup. I am fire engine red again. How does your skin stop being red if you keep using the same products?
would hate to look like this forever. Except for the 4 days in Florida, I have been on for about 4 weeks.

You will probably continue to have the red face your entire 18 weeks. For most the redness is from the Exfoderm and after your first 6 weeks, you can cut that back to only a couple of times a week. If you are using the Sunfader as a sunscreen with your regular routine, that is probably where your redness is coming from. Most people do not use Sunfader, as that one causes lots of reactions in a lot of people. You could try a different sunscreen to see if your redness lessens and/or goes away.
ldeenen
5% products discount

Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl Can I use any 35+ sunscreen, or should I stick to the Skin Protection 35 from Obagi. It kinda makes your face white looking, and I would rather not. Thanks for your help again.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |