Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
Thanks for Riley...but from Dec 19, my skin got better .still got some crinkled under my eye area..
Except that, my skin got much better. For my first round, I improved my skin tone but still had some freckles remained. But this time, Better result regarding my freckles.. I didn't change Tretinoin cream level and am using full Obagi system.
AM: cleanser, toner, clear, exfordem
PM: cleanser, toner, clear, blender w/ Tretinoin cream 0.025g.
I am using exactly the same full regime as I did for my first round.
It has been tough for 4 weeks but the result was better this time. I think my skin now react to the Obagi product like other people. Because during the first try 18 weeks, I didn't have any severe peeling experienc at all. I just got a little itchy and dried symptom (little bit stretchy and a little peeling only around my mouth area) that was it. But my skin got smoother and my freckles got lighter. But not disappeared at all.
But now, I can tell my skin is so clear and my freckles almost gone about 90% disappeared..... Bad Grin Brick wall I love it. It was really painful but now I look much better and feel better. Riley, yes, I will try to apply eye cream around my eyes . Thanks for your tip always.Horray!!! I still have some scars left on my face since I scratched a lot. Except that, my skin looks fabulous!!!

That is just great Azumma! I am so happy you are getting great results this time. Hooray!!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Azzuma,
Your results the second time around are really encouraging! I'll be doing Round #2 in April '10. Nuderm has done a lot for my skin but I feel there's still room for improvement. It would be nice to hear from more people who have done the entire program for the second (or third) time just to see if the results were cumulative. Keep us posted!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I just wanted to add my penny's worth to this thread. I have never joined a forum before until I started on the Obagi Nu Derm regime 5 weeks ago. As the weeks went pass I gradually saw such an amazing improvement to my skin tone, texture and clarity, that I just had to join this forum and share my experience. Obagi is virtually unknown in Australia where I live, it was simply through reading reviews from users that I learnt about the products and how the systems works to transform your skin cells. I'm fortunate enough to travel overseas regularly in my job so I was able to follow up on what I had read when I went to the US with a derm. If the results I'm achieving now are only after 5 weeks, I can't wait to finish the full cycle! Now I can't stop endorsing this product to all my friends.

A big thank you to everyone who ever posted on Obagi, it was because of all your comments, advice and experiences that I was lucky enough to discover this Product.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:44 am      Reply with quote
hesitate, is obagi safe to use on dry sensitive skin ? Embarassed
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
Hi everyone, I just wanted to add my penny's worth to this thread. I have never joined a forum before until I started on the Obagi Nu Derm regime 5 weeks ago. As the weeks went pass I gradually saw such an amazing improvement to my skin tone, texture and clarity, that I just had to join this forum and share my experience. Obagi is virtually unknown in Australia where I live, it was simply through reading reviews from users that I learnt about the products and how the systems works to transform your skin cells. I'm fortunate enough to travel overseas regularly in my job so I was able to follow up on what I had read when I went to the US with a derm. If the results I'm achieving now are only after 5 weeks, I can't wait to finish the full cycle! Now I can't stop endorsing this product to all my friends.

A big thank you to everyone who ever posted on Obagi, it was because of all your comments, advice and experiences that I was lucky enough to discover this Product.

Hi Fongflyer,
I actually found the EDS forum while doing a google search on Obagi! This is a great place to be for support and encouragement.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 am      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
hesitate, is obagi safe to use on dry sensitive skin ? Embarassed

Hi Annesun,
I believe Obagi can be used on any skin type, but I would consult with a derm or plastic surgeon first. Nuderm is a very intense treatment and it always helps to educate yourself so you'll be better prepared and have an idea of what to expect.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I've been on the Obagi regime for 12 days and if it weren't for this forum I wouldn't have made it past the first three! My face was beet red and so flaky it hurt. Going to the office was embarrassing and I avoided everyone as much as possible. My skin has settled down quite a bit and is not as red as when I started. It is still very flaky and the desire to slather myself with moisturizer is almost overwhelming Smile
I'm 54 (hitting the big 55 on Jan 2) I have some brown spots, not too bad and my skin is just very dull. During a facial the esthetician suggested Obagi and more or less convinced me to do it. I'm still not convinced it's the right thing to do but with the $$ invested I'm continuing.
I'm so happy I found this forum, it's just the positive reinforcement I need to keep me going. Very Happy Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
caswucher wrote:
I'm still not convinced it's the right thing to do but with the $$ invested

You will be convinced after your 18 weeks, caswucher! Hang on and stick with it. You will be very pleased! Very Happy
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kims,
you are right, better for me to go a derm first
before take a try Smile
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
to caswucher,
clues say worth waiting for the result, hope it's ok for you
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just started using the Nu-derm for Oily skin kit and got my Dr to prescribe me tretinoin 0.025%. I have read that some of you start on this dose and bump up. When do you do that? Also, do you actually mix the blender and tretinoin together before you apply it or do you just apply tretinoin after the blender? Does it really work to reduce the size of pores? Thanks for any help!
caswucher

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavaian

I don't know about the trentinoin percentage but I do know you mix the two together before application. They blend together very quickly.

I'm interested to hear how you do since you're just starting. It was a very rocky road for me! The dry peeling skin was almost too much to bear but I kept in up and am doing much better!

Cas
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
As far as the moisturizer thing, I'm using it. I'm on about 12 weeks now and I work in the public and have to be presentable. I use all the stuff I'm supposed to but spent about 1/2 hour this a.m. pulling off the peeling skin. There is no way I can go out looking like that. That that won't come off I have to put moisturizer on it order for it to not be so obvious and it does have sunscreen in it.

My goal on Obagi is to have better skin - not necc that I don't want to have to use moisturizer.
SunDapple
5% products discount

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
As far as the moisturizer thing, I'm using it. I'm on about 12 weeks now and I work in the public and have to be presentable. I use all the stuff I'm supposed to but spent about 1/2 hour this a.m. pulling off the peeling skin. There is no way I can go out looking like that. That that won't come off I have to put moisturizer on it order for it to not be so obvious and it does have sunscreen in it.

My goal on Obagi is to have better skin - not necc that I don't want to have to use moisturizer.

I use moisturizer too, from time to time, especially if we are going out for a special evening, like New Years Eve. I use Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster, it's lightweight and sinks right in. I don't use it all the time, but then I don't have to look presentable all the time. I also find that my peelies are back the next day, so I don't feel that I'm setting myself back when I use this product.
On days when my face is red and raw, I use Dermalogica Gentle Soothing Booster before applying the Clear, and I cut back on the tretinoin at night, to give my skin a chance to recover.
I'm on week 16, and I can hardly wait for this to be over. I'm not sure I will continue with maintenance. It's way too harsh for me, and I've read that hydroquinone could cause cancer, so I'm pretty much done with Obagi. I like the toner and may still use that. If anyone has gone through the whole Obagi process I'd like to know if you've switched to other products for maintenance and what they are, but perhaps that's for another thread. Smile
caswucher

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sundapple and DebM...... Shock are you telling me that my face is going to be a mess the entire 18 weeks Shock I worked out a schedule where I skip the Tretinoin every 3rd night and the exfoderm every 3rd morning. Basically use 2 days, skip 1. The painful peeling and cracking went away but my entire face is very PINK. However, does this mean that I'm just wasting my time (and $$) completely and I'm not going to have any improvement at all?
Thanks for your input! Cas
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Cas, in the Obagi website, there is a page where it says "What to Expect", in weeks 1-6 "*Itching, dryness and redness are possible side effects as your skin adapts to the system" and in weeks 7-12 "Your skin begins to acclimate to the system". I only copied part of it. With that said though, I'm hoping that what they have stated on the website is the more common effect and not the exception. It would be interesting to find out from others if this is true.
SunDapple
5% products discount

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
caswucher wrote:
...... However, does this mean that I'm just wasting my time (and $$) completely and I'm not going to have any improvement at all?
Thanks for your input! Cas

You are definitely NOT wasting your money. Every pink or "red leather face" day was worth it, every peelie was worth it. I'm amazed and totally happy with the results. I am however, extremely tired of the whole process and can't wait for it to be OVER. I will be very happy to not have that flush to my face 24/7, and I look forward to not having to "de-flake" my face before I leave the house, and to not have to worry about new flakes appearing while I'm talking to someone. I am worried about what I may have done to my overall health, but I am very, very happy with my new skin.
Don't worry, I'm sure you will feel the same way, about the process and the resulting "glow". Look forward to that, and forget about the process. No pain, no gain.
Wink
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cas and everyone,
Just to reassure you, Idon't think your fa ce will be a mess the entire 18 weeks, but there is A LOT of redness and peeling that I experienced beyond the first six weeks. My face was also pink for a very long time. I think all of you will get results especially if you use the products and their amounts correctly. It is a tough regimen!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Cas, I'm at week 12. I see the esth every six weeks. I had used Avage for years off and on which is what I use with my blender. She changed me at week 6 to blender/avage on Mond, Wed and Fridays. I only have about 2 days a week where there isn't some peeling going on. I use the exfoderm everyday in the a.m. along with the clear. I do have to use moisturizer because I work in the public and will not go out like that and it has not stopped the peeling. My face and neck can still look alittle red but it is definately less than in the beginning. I see the esth next Monday at week 13 so will be interesting to see what she says to do. She did say she might drop the clear (which is ok with me as expensive as it is!)
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am on day 14 of the full Obagi Nuderm for oily skin set. On day 10, I skipped the pm regimen and the next am regimen because my face really stung when I applied the products. I used an organic cucumber gel moisturizer that evening and morning and resumed the regimen that night. Since then, my skin doesn't sting as bad. I am hoping this is a good thing and not like I am starting from step 1.
SunDapple
5% products discount

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
I am on day 14 of the full Obagi Nuderm for oily skin set. On day 10, I skipped the pm regimen and the next am regimen because my face really stung when I applied the products. I used an organic cucumber gel moisturizer that evening and morning and resumed the regimen that night. Since then, my skin doesn't sting as bad. I am hoping this is a good thing and not like I am starting from step 1.
There was one morning around week four that my face stung so badly when I put on Step #3 that I had to lay down. I wondered what the heck I was doing to myself and if I should stop completely. After I recovered, a good 15 minutes later, I decided to finish the rountine for that day and take it one day at a time. Luckily I never had an incident like that again.
Today my friend who finished the treatment about 8 or 9 months ago, showed me her brown finger nails. I've read on this thread that it's from the hydroquinoin. Wash your hands thoroughly after applying steps 3 and 5.
Obagi is rather harsh, but it works.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
SunDapple wrote:
moosejavian wrote:
There was one morning around week four that my face stung so badly when I put on Step #3 that I had to lay down. I wondered what the heck I was doing to myself and if I should stop completely. After I recovered, a good 15 minutes later, I decided to finish the rountine for that day and take it one day at a time. Luckily I never had an incident like that again.
Today my friend who finished the treatment about 8 or 9 months ago, showed me her brown finger nails. I've read on this thread that it's from the hydroquinoin. Wash your hands thoroughly after applying steps 3 and 5.
Obagi is rather harsh, but it works.

Hi Sundapple,
Way to hang in there!! I've got to second your advice about washing your hands thoroughly after using the products with HQ in them. If you don't, you will stain your nails and hands.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if it's ok to get eyebrows waxed while using the Obagi? I imagine it might be very sensitive and could rip skin out? Any experiences? Thanks.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Does anyone know if it's ok to get eyebrows waxed while using the Obagi? I imagine it might be very sensitive and could rip skin out? Any experiences? Thanks.

Be very careful! You're right about your skin being ultra-sensitive at this time. I did it, but my brow area was very, very red for awhile. After waxing, I applied some Aquaphor to the site.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention I was a bit hesitant on trying the entire regime due to a period of irritation that many other forum members have mention so I just bought the clear and have been using that 3-4 times a week at night only. I've seen a difference in the clarity of my skin and a reduction in some hyperpigmentation on my skin. A great product I will def be re-ordering! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |