Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Malley wrote:
I was gone for the week at Disneyland. I was good and wore sunscreen and a big dorky hat! The pictures don't appear to be posted anymore? I would love to see them. I still can't see much difference in my skin and I am at about week 7. Trying to be patient!

Be patient. It takes time for your skin to make changes. I did not see any results until the 3 month mark. Some will see results sooner than others.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Malley, sometimes you don't think you see any changes but if you took "before" pics you might see the difference.
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I was really hesistant to spend so spend so much money on a facial product, but after seeing all the reviews... I couldn't resist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
onlyxi6 wrote:
Okay, I was really hesistant to spend so spend so much money on a facial product, but after seeing all the reviews... I couldn't resist.

So, have you started with the products? Let us know how things are going with you!

Malley, I also didn't see any "real" changes in my skin until about 3 months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I will follow this post until I made a decision whether to try...
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gush Rileygirl!!!!!

I have a small spot on my forehead that is slightly brighter than my face is this normal????
That never happened when I used obagi the first time about 3 years ago.

The only difference this time is I use the clear/blender FX and I use a 20% vitamin c in the morning

I also use a facial brush. Should I be worried? did anyone experience this before?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:06 am      Reply with quote
has wrote:
Oh my gush Rileygirl!!!!!

I have a small spot on my forehead that is slightly brighter than my face is this normal????
That never happened when I used obagi the first time about 3 years ago.

The only difference this time is I use the clear/blender FX and I use a 20% vitamin c in the morning

I also use a facial brush. Should I be worried? did anyone experience this before?

How long have you been on the clear/blender FX this time, has?

I know that sometimes spots can get darker before turning light again. Are you using a good sunscreen? Don't panic yet, we'll try to figure out what is going on!
Casey06

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I am on day 13 of the Ogagi Nuderm system. I am experiencing everything everyone else has been talking about. Redness, peeling, n itchiness. At first, I thought, what have I done to my face? I didn't want to go out of the house. But between yesterday n today the redness n itchiness have seemed to calm down a little. Which at this point, I will take anything positive. It seems like every day something else happens. Yesterday n today my eyebrows are itchy. How bazaar is that? Yes, they r also peeling. I do think my skin is smoother n sort of has a glow in the areas that r not peeling n red. Hope it is not my imagination!! I was going to quit but I'm a very persistent person so, I am going to hang in there for six wks n see what happens. This forum is a big help. If they would have told me about all the side effects at my derm appnt don't no if I would have tried it. I hope the end result is worth all the aggravation. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Casey06, what are you working on with the Nu Derm? You sound like you are having all the normal side effects and you seem to be handling it very well! Stick with it, it really is worth it in the end. I hope your derms office took a before picture, but if they didn't make sure you do, so you can compare! Good luck!
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

How long have you been on the clear/blender FX this time, has?

I know that sometimes spots can get darker before turning light again. Are you using a good sunscreen? Don't panic yet, we'll try to figure out what is going on!

I'm on week 9. Yes I use sunscreen. I work from home so not in the sun all the time. Just to drop and pick up kids from school.
these are spots on my forehead that are getting lighter than others. only noticed them today. Is it that some spots are easier than others to lighten? I'm just afraid the FX is what's causing it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
has wrote:

I'm on week 9. Yes I use sunscreen. I work from home so not in the sun all the time. Just to drop and pick up kids from school.
these are spots on my forehead that are getting lighter than others. only noticed them today. Is it that some spots are easier than others to lighten? I'm just afraid the FX is what's causing it.

Ok, I misunderstood. Yes, definitely some spots will get lighter faster than others. Give it a few more weeks and see how they look at about week 12. I have never used the FX versions, so I am really not sure what to expect from them?
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I have used OBAGI for 10+ years, recently a friend asks me if I will recommend her to start, I don't want to make any recommendation and suggest her to check the forum and read this thread.

I had bad experience in the past that a friend (I helped her to order here), she called me day and night for the first 3 months, really driving me crazy and she kept blaming me to recommend OBAGI to her and I was the one who ruining her face. Finally, she looks super pretty but never say a 'Thank You."
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Today will be my fourth day. I don't usually peel nor have a reaction to retin-a and i don't have it now but my face is red, like a tomato .. why??? it's not irritated, just red. I read here that almost every body gets redness along with itchiness and peeling but i don't, then why is it red? what makes it red if someone can answer please.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:52 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
Today will be my fourth day. I don't usually peel nor have a reaction to retin-a and i don't have it now but my face is red, like a tomato .. why??? it's not irritated, just red. I read here that almost every body gets redness along with itchiness and peeling but i don't, then why is it red? what makes it red if someone can answer please.

The redness is almost always due to the Exfoderm, margarett. It is something that the majority of us have all the way through the 18 weeks. A heavy zinc oxide sunscreen will cover it but only a little bit. Just something that you will have to live with for a while.

Regarding the peeling, first you are only on the 4th day, and the peeling usually takes 1-2 weeks to really kick in. The other thing that can affect the peeling is not using the correct amount of the products (1 gram of Retin A mixed with 1/2 gram of Blender). Good luck!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
margarett wrote:

The redness is almost always due to the Exfoderm, margarett. It is something that the majority of us have all the way through the 18 weeks. A heavy zinc oxide sunscreen will cover it but only a little bit. Just something that you will have to live with for a while.

Regarding the peeling, first you are only on the 4th day, and the peeling usually takes 1-2 weeks to really kick in. The other thing that can affect the peeling is not using the correct amount of the products (1 gram of Retin A mixed with 1/2 gram of Blender). Good luck!

thank you so much rileygirl for the information. i have never had a red face for so long in my life, it's weird Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

thank you so much rileygirl for the information. i have never had a red face for so long in my life, it's weird Laughing

You're welcome. Unfortunately the tomato face is part of it!! Laughing
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:25 am      Reply with quote
oh my!! now I understand what most of you all
experiencing regarding peeling....

It's my 6th day and yep.. peeling around my mouth
nose and chin has started ... which means this stuff is strooooooong! I've never peeled with anything, no matter what strength of Retin-a I was using thinking I have the skin of a horse Laughing
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I tried their product, but it makes me a little dry.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Day 9.. My skin is not as red as before. It was on flames 2 days ago but as of yesterday it has been feeling more comfortable, although it feels and looks very dry around my mouth, no more peeling either, just dry around that area. I am going to drink lots of water and yogurt, berries, etc., since I am not planning on adding any moisturizing; I want this to work and I am expecting still the worst in terms of looking bad before looking better for what I read here.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
You sound like you are doing great, margarett. Everything going exactly how it should! Very Happy
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you rileygirl, you always such a great support!

Well, I think now is 2 or 3 weeks and my redness and peeling around my mouth continues. My hyper pigmentation is not so bad but I sill want to see it gone Mad My overall skin appearance is good, except around the mouth.

I just got the FlexEffect program that I read so much about it and finally decided to do some face exercises to fill out my lower face and prevent my nasolabial folds from showing. Which I think to my eyes the Obagi/Retin-a and/or the irritation of it has softened them quite a lot... amazing!

Would you know if it's ok to do the Obagi system and the Flexeffect at the same time or should I wait till I finish with Obagi the 12 or 18 weeks? SOmeone in the FlexEffect thread told me that it is not recommended. What do you think?
Thx in advance
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

Well, I think now is 2 or 3 weeks and my redness and peeling around my mouth continues. My hyper pigmentation is not so bad but I sill want to see it gone Mad My overall skin appearance is good, except around the mouth.

I just got the FlexEffect program that I read so much about it and finally decided to do some face exercises to fill out my lower face and prevent my nasolabial folds from showing. Which I think to my eyes the Obagi/Retin-a and/or the irritation of it has softened them quite a lot... amazing!

Would you know if it's ok to do the Obagi system and the Flexeffect at the same time or should I wait till I finish with Obagi the 12 or 18 weeks? SOmeone in the FlexEffect thread told me that it is not recommended. What do you think?
Thx in advance

Hi, Margarett. It sounds like you are coming right along!

I am not sure why you couldn't do the facial exercises while on Nu Derm? I haven't heard a reason why not to. I would think you would need to be gentle, especially with anything that involves the mouth area. You could always give it a try, and if your face becomes uncomfortable, then you could just slow down or take a break for a little bit.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
margarett wrote:

Thx in advance

Hi, Margarett. It sounds like you are coming right along!

I am not sure why you couldn't do the facial exercises while on Nu Derm? I haven't heard a reason why not to. I would think you would need to be gentle, especially with anything that involves the mouth area. You could always give it a try, and if your face becomes uncomfortable, then you could just slow down or take a break for a little bit.

Thank you rileygirl!

Exactly, your body is the best judge and one needs to listen to it to make the necessary modifications, just like training your muscles
in your body, same thing applies to your face.
You need to go slow at the beginning and give a break to those worked muscles to heal.. with
my face I would be even more careful.

Anyway, my skin is starting to look very nice, the texture, the large pores are becoming smaller. Still some dark spots on my cheeks but I guess that will take time to
get rid of. I am very happy I did this, even with the redness around my face, I just cover it with a Estee Lauder pen corrector, which works lovely covering those red, dry patches, because the pen corrector is a liquid and does'nt look dry or show the peels.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hey Margarett,
Sounds like you're doing great with Nuderm! I'm glad things are going so well for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you kims. Yes, I cannot believe my eyes
but my nasolabial folds are getting much better
yepeeeeeeeee!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |