Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

Thank you rileygirl!

Exactly, your body is the best judge and one needs to listen to it to make the necessary modifications, just like training your muscles
in your body, same thing applies to your face.
You need to go slow at the beginning and give a break to those worked muscles to heal.. with
my face I would be even more careful.

Exactly!

Your skin sounds like it is progressing very well on Nu Derm. You will be one of the Very happy ones after 18 weeks! Very Happy
blackjuniper

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question about Obagi, I bought the starter set because of all the awesome results and my first day was 5 days ago.

The strange thing is I'm waiting for my skin to peel but to this day, nada, it doesn't look like it's close to peeling. Is this normal? My face isn't even red. I do have one new big pimple near my mouth.

I'm using Retin-A 0.5% which I thought was reasonably strong tretinoin cream and have been applying it every night with the Blender (pea-sized amounts each).

I'm using the Obagi-C cleaning gel, but I'm using toner from Origins (just opened before starting Obagi so I didn't want to open a new one), is this affecting my progress? I'm still applying Clear twice a day and Exfoderm Forte in the morning.

Or maybe my skin is just tough! Sad
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blackjuniper! The instructions say to use 1/2 gram to 1 gram of the products Clear, Exfoderm, Blender and Tretinoin. 1/2 gram is a lot more than the pea sized amount you are using. It should be the size from the tip of your pinkie finger to the first joint or from the letters O to A of the word Obagi on the product container. HTH!
blackjuniper

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply moosejavian! I had no idea what 1/2 - 1 gram looked like and I didn't know about the O to A measure concept, what a great idea.

I can't wait to peel! Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Good luck, Blackjuniper! Please keep us posted on your progress with Nuderm.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I live Obagi. It's the best system ever. I used the Clenziderm to remove my horrib acne then the Nu-Derm system to remove the scarring and hyperpigmentation and the Elastiderm for my wrinkes around my eyes. I now use the Vitamin C range when on a maintainance protocol with the Vitamin C 20% serum when in the sun. My skin is amazing and my most complimented feature. And all these sets are selling cheap on ebay uk...fab!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Jess, congrats!!! Can you clarify, are you using the C-RX system as your maintenance after doing the Nuderm? Thanks!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
It's going to be four weeks of using Obagi Nuderm. The peeling, dryness, redness around my mouth has gotten much better and now is minimal.
My skin texture can't be better. I think I have better skin now that when I was in my mid 30's. I'm in love with this product. Sometimes I think if my wishful thinking helped in the process, I don't know. However, I can't believe what this products are doing to my face. My darker spots are much lighter, I would 40% lighter, so there is still work to do. I don't feel my face dry anymore as I felt for the first two weeks. If my skin continues improving I will use Obagi for the rest of my life!!!!!!!! which is a relief for me since I was going crazy buying every garbage at the department store I could find. This is it, it seems!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
It's going to be four weeks of using Obagi Nuderm. The peeling, dryness, redness around my mouth has gotten much better and now is minimal.
My skin texture can't be better. I think I have better skin now that when I was in my mid 30's. I'm in love with this product. Sometimes I think if my wishful thinking helped in the process, I don't know. However, I can't believe what this products are doing to my face. My darker spots are much lighter, I would 40% lighter, so there is still work to do. I don't feel my face dry anymore as I felt for the first two weeks. If my skin continues improving I will use Obagi for the rest of my life!!!!!!!! which is a relief for me since I was going crazy buying every garbage at the department store I could find. This is it, it seems!

That is great, margarett! It is still the case for me that Obagi is the only thing that has ever worked on my skin and the only products to really deliver the results they say they will.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
margarett wrote:

That is great, margarett! It is still the case for me that Obagi is the only thing that has ever worked on my skin and the only products to really deliver the results they say they will.

Rileygirl!!
I am so excited. I just came back from a shopping trip to Vancouver. I went to Sephora of course and bought very little for first time since I have all I need in terms of skin care at home and nobody pushed anything on me. The only great thing I found was the High Definition Primer by Make Up Forever (in green) for my red face. I still have a tomato face look but not on a every day basis. Anyway, this stuff is supposed to be a primer, no color at all, but the girl did just half of my face and oh wow.. my face turned normal color and the benefit of it is that it looks so natural. Since my skin now looks glorious to me, I don't need any foundation to cover anything other than the red face and a bit of flakiness around my mouth. This stuff is amazing, although I had to re-apply every 4 hours or so while being outdoors.

I posted somewhere, but wanted to say also that my under eye circles are gone by .. mm... 70%... yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and my hyperpigmentation or dark spots on my cheeks are gone if not 90% at least a good 80%!!!Before I used to apply 3 or 4 coats of different kinds of concealers (yes, that bad) but now I only apply one coat and sometimes I can go out without applying anything and it won't bother me at all.

One question rileygirl: I don't know when should I re-stock of my treatment. I have been using the treatment for a bit more than four weeks, I don't know for how long it should last. I don't want to run out of them.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Well, Congratulations, margarett! That is Great news!! And, what a great find on the primer!

Ok. For product replacements, if you use the recommended amounts at 1 gram twice a day, you should have to replace the Clear monthly. The Exfoderm and Blender should last around 3 months maybe 3 1/2 months. The cleanser will last forever (!). The toner goes really quick and if you don't want to spend the money on that you could use plain witch hazel to replace that (after the 1st 6 week cycle). (The other option is you can use the C-RX cleanser which is like a cleanser/toner combo so you only buy 1 product and not 2).

I'm so excited to hear about your continued progress!! Very Happy
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Well, Congratulations, margarett! That is Great news!! And, what a great find on the primer!

Ok. For product replacements, if you use the recommended amounts at 1 gram twice a day, you should have to replace the Clear monthly. The Exfoderm and Blender should last around 3 months maybe 3 1/2 months. The cleanser will last forever (!). The toner goes really quick and if you don't want to spend the money on that you could use plain witch hazel to replace that (after the 1st 6 week cycle). (The other option is you can use the C-RX cleanser which is like a cleanser/toner combo so you only buy 1 product and not 2).

I'm so excited to hear about your continued progress!! Very Happy

Thank you for your response, rileygirl!
Interesting the C-RX cleanser, I will give it a try. I am so excited, my skin looks so nice overall. It's amazing how looking dirty with patches can age you so much. I think I look at least 5 years younger (I hope more...lol Laughing ) but also, I have been taking Salmon oil for the Omega, and I am quite sure this has also make a difference. Two years ago I bought a bottle of this Salmon oil capsules and I saw a big change, then I finished the bottle and never bought it again, bought other kinds of Omega, until about a month ago. I do think both things combined have helped me.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Margarett,
I wanted to say "congrats" as well from one "Obagian" to another! Sounds like you're having excellent results!

I may have to check out your recommendation for a primer as well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Margarett, congrats!!!! Thanks for the tip on the primer, I will have to look that up. I lived in Vancouver for 10 yrs up until 4 yrs ago, I didn't know there was a Sephora there (unless it's fairly new)!

Riley, do you know why the C-rx cleanser doesn't need a toner anymore? On the Obagi site for that system, they still have a C balancing toner for normal to oily skin. I guess it just takes the excess oil? I got the C RX cleanser for free when I ordered my kit on EDS and I am running out of toner so I might just use that instead. But then I am planning on adding CP and that shouldn't be used with Vit C right? TIA!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

Riley, do you know why the C-rx cleanser doesn't need a toner anymore? On the Obagi site for that system, they still have a C balancing toner for normal to oily skin. I guess it just takes the excess oil? I got the C RX cleanser for free when I ordered my kit on EDS and I am running out of toner so I might just use that instead. But then I am planning on adding CP and that shouldn't be used with Vit C right? TIA!

Actually, that is a new product. They never used to have a toner for the C-RX cleanser. I think that is for more oily skin and a great way to make more money off of people!

Yes, you need to keep C and CP's apart by 12 hours, moosejavian. Not sure a cleanser would really affect that, as it is being washed off the face, but probably better safe than sorry!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you kims and moosejavian!

Yes, moosejavian. I also used to live in Burnaby 9 years ago and never thought about Sephora, don't know if it existed then. But I was there two days ago and in Pacific Mall and in Metrotown they are there.
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I want to start this treatment. What products do I need to start this program?? Do I need all products in the program??? Please advise.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Micka, first can I ask what condition you want to improve on your skin? You can read about it on obagi.com, you will see all their different systems and then you can purchase here on EDS if you decide on a system. Keep us posted!
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you moosejavian for replying. I thought it would take me a few days to find out. My skin condition is not the worst, but lately
I'm noticing a few age spots/brown spots and they are starting to bother me. I have tried 20% Glycolic Acid. My skin peels, and it got a bit smoother ... that's about it. I don't see any drastic change. I'm dying to have great skin. Please help. I have combination skin btw. Oily in t-zone, drier on the other areas. I am thinking about Obagi for some time now, N i think I'm ready to join the club!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:
Thank you moosejavian for replying. I thought it would take me a few days to find out. My skin condition is not the worst, but lately
I'm noticing a few age spots/brown spots and they are starting to bother me. I have tried 20% Glycolic Acid. My skin peels, and it got a bit smoother ... that's about it. I don't see any drastic change. I'm dying to have great skin. Please help. I have combination skin btw. Oily in t-zone, drier on the other areas. I am thinking about Obagi for some time now, N i think I'm ready to join the club!

I would suggest you do a lot of research on the products and preferably go see a derm or esty to get started on the products. It is a long 4 1/2 months of dry, flaky, red skin and you need to be prepared for that. Obagi.com has good information, as well as this site. http://www.skincare-md.com/
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian, I read in another forum that I ONLY need Clear or Blender/Retin-A and I can use other products for sunblock and toner. True or false? I am ready for flaky and red 4 1/2 months. Bring it on lol
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Micka, you also need the exfoderm or exfoderm forte. I think some of the others used a different cleanser and toner after their Obagi had ran out. When I started I just bought the whole normal to oily kit but ended up not using the sunfader. I didn't get the kit with the sunscreen so I just used my own.

Do you already have a prescription for your tretinoin?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Micka,

I also recommed that you read a lot about the products and posts here at the forum. It is not an easy decision. It took me months to decide after reading a lot of posts here in the forum. I made my decision based on my skin because my skin is very resistant to Retin-A, I usually don't peel or have any reaction to it, no matter what kind of strength I am using but with Obagi added to it, oh boy! do I ever have redness and peeling, etc. Read about how many women get scared and stop the treatment half way. I am not trying to scare you, just to encourage you to read about it and to be prepared to have not so great skin for some weeks depending on your own skin. The good news is that: is worth it!!!!!!

I bought the entire package from this site, like 6 or 7 products, plus you need the prescription from your doctor for Retin-A, and I also use Vitamin C, Obagi has it too, but I use another kind of Vitamin C serum that has worked for me by Vivier, max concentration.

Once you make the decision, feel free to ask away! but take your time reading about it.

Good luck Micka!
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have an appointment to see my doctor on Monday and ask him to prescribe Tretinoin 0.5% cream. I already got a 2 month expired unopened Retin A 0.25 gel. I am not sure if I can use it in combination with Obagi Clear or Blender. During the weekend I try to educate myself more about this treatment.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Micka, I used a RA gel for about 11 wks and when I got my order of the cream it was sooooo much better! The gel is so much more irritating and it doesn't really mix well with the blender.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |