Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I only have broken caps on the sides of the nose and redness on my cheeks.

You are lucky. My broken caps have gotten bad (I think from the TCA peels, but not positive) and I have them all over my cheeks now, as well as the nose. I will report if the roller and the Environ help these or not. I would just like to get the redness of them diminished so they aren't noticeable, as they make my cheeks. The other thing that bothers me about IPL is that it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix and you still get the broken caps. I don't know how expensive that would be for maintenance.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

You are lucky. My broken caps have gotten bad (I think from the TCA peels, but not positive)

TCA peels can contribute to broken caps!? Well, I want to tell you that since I've started using some of the Perefct Complexion peels, my skin became more red and more reactive... Sad I wonder if there is a link between these peeles and redness.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

You are lucky. My broken caps have gotten bad (I think from the TCA peels, but not positive)

TCA peels can contribute to broken caps!? Well, I want to tell you that since I've started using some of the Perefct Complexion peels, my skin became more red and more reactive... Sad I wonder if there is a link between these peeles and redness.

I honestly haven't researched that, but to be honest with you, that seems to be what has happened to my skin after using the TCA peels! (But I used PerfectComplexion, and then I used PlatinumSkinCare's TCA at a different time??)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi RussianSunshine,
IPL treatments have worked very well for me in terms of getting rid of hyperpigmentation. I have a few broken caps on the sides of my nose, and it helps that too. I didn't really notice any "tightening" of my skin.

However, like everything else, you have to work to maintain the results. Nothing is permanent -- at least for me, it isn't.

Kims, did your derm do the IPL or did you go to a plastic surgeons office for the IPL?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi RussianSunshine,
IPL treatments have worked very well for me in terms of getting rid of hyperpigmentation. I have a few broken caps on the sides of my nose, and it helps that too. I didn't really notice any "tightening" of my skin.

However, like everything else, you have to work to maintain the results. Nothing is permanent -- at least for me, it isn't.

Kims, did your derm do the IPL or did you go to a plastic surgeons office for the IPL?

Hi Rileygirl,
An esthetician at the med spa I go to does the IPL treatments for me. Like I said before, they really work well for hyperpigmentation and on the broken caps on the sides of my nose. I also had them treat my hands. I think for IPL's to be most effective, you need to have a series of them -- usually three over a period of time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
re-posting for zhoushuhappy

zhoushuhappy wrote:
I am using obagi for a week, and now red, peel appear, but at the same time, the fine lines around my cheeks and nose appear too!! Especially when i smile. Because my cheek is thin. Is it normal?? And do i stop using?

What you're experiencing is very normal with Obagi. The lines you're seeing aren't permanent so you don't need to stop using the products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

Hi Rileygirl,
An esthetician at the med spa I go to does the IPL treatments for me. Like I said before, they really work well for hyperpigmentation and on the broken caps on the sides of my nose. I also had them treat my hands. I think for IPL's to be most effective, you need to have a series of them -- usually three over a period of time.

kims, how many did you do and after which treatment did u notice improvement? And, what was the cost of this pleasure? Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

Hi Rileygirl,

Thanks, Kims. It will be a last resort for me, but I may start saving up money for that.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
kims wrote:

Hi Rileygirl,

kims, how many did you do and after which treatment did u notice improvement? And, what was the cost of this pleasure? Very Happy

Hi Russian,
The first time I did the treatments, I did a series of three along with microdermabrasions. I noticed a difference in the hyperpigmentation right after the first one. The spots turn almost black. You look rather "speckled" depending on the amount of sun damage that you have. The microderms then aid the skin with exfoliation. I did this several years ago --long before my Obagi days.

I did my last IPL in Jan. '10 and this was several months of using Obagi and being on maintenance. Since Nuderm took care of most of the hyperpignentation, I didn't see much of a difference.

If memory serves me correctly, the treatments were around $300 (USD) each.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

I did my last IPL in Jan. '10 and this was several months of using Obagi and being on maintenance. Since Nuderm took care of most of the hyperpignentation, I didn't see much of a difference.

If memory serves me correctly, the treatments were around $300 (USD) each.

Thanks for the info, kims, I will stick with the NuDerm for now.

rileygirl, I think, we should have researched the TCA peels BEFORE doing them, not after Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

rileygirl, I think, we should have researched the TCA peels BEFORE doing them, not after Very Happy

LOL. I think you may be right! Laughing
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
does any users who use obagi on upper lid? Because my upper lid also have some spots.If can, which product can and which can not?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
does any users who use obagi on upper lid? Because my upper lid also have some spots.If can, which product can and which can not?

I would not peronally use any Obagi products on my upper lids except the eye cream.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Just checking in. I quit using my obagi products tuesday night as I have an event to go to this weekend and wanted my makeup to look nice. Good thing I quit when I did, I was still peeling some as of last night. This monring I am going to use an exfoliate and then Monday, I will start up my Obagi routin again. I did find that the eye cream I had used in the past made my eyes itch, so I went back to my Elastiderm eye cream, really it was the exfoderm and the retin a that I didn't want to use as I think those are the 2 that cause most of the redness and pssling. I am pretty much back to the rest of my Obagi routine. So, it will be easy to add those 2 back on Sunday night and Monday morning and go back to the peeling and slight redness I had. It has been a relief to not use them for a few days and to experience "normal" skin again but I do want to push onward with the program.
Oh, and those dry wrinkles that I was seeing with Obagi, I am glad to not see them so much the pst couple of days. Laughing
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:

I would not peronally use any Obagi products on my upper lids except the eye cream.

i used a little obagi on the upper lid, and it seems dry lines appear, also i use the eye cream on it. The sopts on upper lids really makes me very upset!
Nik537
5% products discount

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Buffy
How long have you been using the product now?
I thought I was doing really well but today my face is red and stingy. I am going to Europe next week, but I'm going to try and keep going even though I'll look awful. I think if I stop I'll never start again!
Is that Obagi eyecream any good?
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I used the Obagi nu-derm for 6 weeks, never missed a morning or a night routine in that time and then just took a week off. I will start up again today. I really am ok with all of it, including the peeling, but for the dryness, that drives me nuts. I have dry skin anyway and have always used moisturizer, and since they discourage you from using any with this routine, it is really hard for me, especially when it kind of exaggerates the wrinkles because the skin is so dry. It worries me but I see others write about this so keep pushing forward. Then, there are days I do see pretty skin peeking through and my brown pigmented spots are fading.
I do like the elastiderm eye cream and hope since it is stronger than most eye creams that it will help with the lines and wrinkles. A much younger friend who had very few lines said she can already tell quite a difference, since I am 65, it has its work cut out for it. +
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I had stop using obagi because of frequent traveling and every time I try to start using it again, my skin flares up with cystic zits and small bumps. My derm said it could be that my face is reacting to it more now, I never had problems of peeling or purging when I first started. But even with a down-played regimen of using the tretinoin once a week, my face still becomes a mess after a few days. This with oral antibiotics too. Surprisingly enough, I stopped using it for 3 days and my skin seems to have calmed and is back to its normal state.
I don't think I can ever use it again, at least not in another few months. Sad
Lucinders

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hey Guys, just checking in again... I am on day 8 of obagi now and so far so good! Just mild redness nothing that make up wont cover and slight itch/irritation, especially in the evening time! Can someone tell me if this is normal? I was terrified starting out that I would peel really bad but now that it is not happening I am worried that it is not working!! Are we ever happy Confused
I am only using Retin A cream every second night as advised!
Nik537
5% products discount

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Lucinders
I have done 5 weeks tomorrow and I am a mess! Like you I only experienced slight redness and peeling initially. I'm using the retin a every night now, but have cut it back to a pea sized amount again now. You are not out of the woods yet, believe me it will come! But that's what it's supposed to do! Means it's working! Stick with it and hopefully we'll all be gorgeous after our 18 weeks!
Nik537
5% products discount

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Buffy
Thanks for the info on the eye cream. I think I'll get some next time I order. Hope things are continuing to go well for you. Keep me posted! I'm still going through a difficult time hoping it settles soon!
Lucinders

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nik...... altho I'm not sure I like what I hear!!! I thought I was one of the lucky ones to escape the peeling!!!
Nik537
5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Oooh I doubt that very much!!!!!
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Time for my break from Obagi to be over and to start up my routine again, I have to say it has been nice to not have all the tightness and peeling this past week but I want to continue on. Will keep you all posted.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Time for my break from Obagi to be over and to start up my routine again, I have to say it has been nice to not have all the tightness and peeling this past week but I want to continue on. Will keep you all posted.

Hi Buffy,
Are you planning on doing the full 18 weeks? Sometimes it's nice to take a break and you can see how nice your skin is looking!

Good luck to all of you currently using Obagi!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |