Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I plan on doing the full 18 weeks, and then doing maintainence. Might take these little breaks if needed, I don't care if it slows the process, as long as I continue to see progress.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:44 am      Reply with quote
hi everyuser, do you use any eye cream during using of obagi? Should it be used or not??If should be used, which step?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:49 am      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
hi everyuser, do you use any eye cream during using of obagi? Should it be used or not??If should be used, which step?

I thought you just posted on several threads that you use the Afirm 1 as your eye cream?
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:

I thought you just posted on several threads that you use the Afirm 1 as your eye cream?

i am now wondering if to use any eye cream or not, because i am afraid to use eye cream can affect the course of nuderm. Afirm 1 i like it and bought it, after use TNS eye night repairn out, i will continue use it.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Zhous, on my Obagi Nuderm protocol sheet, it says to use eye cream as the last step in the AM before sunscreen. It does not list using eye cream in the PM although I do. I need to ask my nurse about this.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
Zhous, on my Obagi Nuderm protocol sheet, it says to use eye cream as the last step in the AM before sunscreen. It does not list using eye cream in the PM although I do. I need to ask my nurse about this.

Thanks buffy! wait for your answers.
And which brand of eye cream you use?
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Obagi Elastiderm eye cream.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:
I use the Obagi Elastiderm eye cream.
Does it work for wrinkles around the eyes?
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
It is supposed to help with wrinkles. I am 65 so mine are pretty set but a younger friend used it and said she could definitely tell it helped with the few wrinkles she was getting.
karolineenigma

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

I am new to this site (although i have many a times come to read and get support in the first few weeks of my Obagi experience Smile ) thank you thank you!

I have just completed 18 weeks of the Nu Derm system and I am SO HAPPY with the results. All of my pigmentation is gone and I am again make up free Smile ahhhhh, how liberating! I am now starting on maintenance.

So here is my question: The last 2 weeks i have begun to peel again, which is fine because i know its all a part of the process Smile I have had my trusty Action cream for when its worst or when I have to go out in public, but for the last week i have been in Denmark visiting my mom (i usually live in Los Angeles) and the cold, dry weather has made my skin EXTRA dry on top of the peeling Sad Usually Action would totally take care of this, but i lost it somewhere between LA and Denmark and now I am desperate! I cant get Obagi here and I dont want to slop just any moisturizer on my Obagi-fied face.. what do i do?

Is there any kind of natural remedy i can use (like olive oil or rose water or or??) until i get home and can buy another Action?

Is there a brand of moisturizer that is typically available anywhere in the world i can use?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

thank you!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
karolineenigma wrote:

Is there any kind of natural remedy i can use (like olive oil or rose water or or??) until i get home and can buy another Action?

Is there a brand of moisturizer that is typically available anywhere in the world i can use?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

thank you!

Hi, Karolineenigma. Congratulations on your results! I don't know what is available there, but you really can use anything while on maintenance, so I would just use a simple moisturizer of your choosing until you get back home. A little moisturizer is ok when your skin really needs it!
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi karolineenigma, so glad to have you posting since you have completed the whole 18 week cycle. Please keep posting, those of us going through the cycle can use your experience. I agree with Rileygirl, during this time you can use another moisturizer without harming anything. I just took a week off and used my other products, my skin looked great and now I am back to my regular Nu-derm system.
karolineenigma

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the replies!

good to know i can use any moisturizer Smile i was reluctant to proceed without advice from experts because i have followed the regimen to a T to ensure i got the best results possible, and i didnt want to ruin any progress i have made. Granted... i went to Burning Man during my 3rd week - LOL - but i survived with a lot of Action and was known as the sunscreen and hat girl Smile you definitely have to be careful with your skin, but i also believe you should try to maintain as much normalcy in your life as possible, at the same time as protecting yourself from the sun.

i think this is a great system, really - and my results have been great. my skin is a little on the dry side, so i was hoping i would gain a little more natural moisture after the 18 weeks - BUT i am in the cold and dry climate of Denmark, so ill give it a chance when i get home to LA in a few weeks Smile

Going back to my sun comment earlier - i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this:

I try to get all of my nutrients and vitamins via fresh food, and not pills - but the one vitamin i am a little stumped on how to absorb when on the Obagi system is vitamin D.... as far as i understand, you dont get vitamin d (at least not enough they say) when you have sun screen on. I really try to stay away from vitamin pills/supplements because i unfortunately dont trust the quality/source/etc - do you think putting my sun-screen-free face in the sun for 20 minutes a day would bring back my discoloration?

thanks again for this forum! I really appreciate the time you all put into helping each other out Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
karolineenigma wrote:
but the one vitamin i am a little stumped on how to absorb when on the Obagi system is vitamin D.... as far as i understand, you dont get vitamin d (at least not enough they say) when you have sun screen on.

You don't have expose your face to the sun. Your arms and/or legs also work. So, you could just expose your arms, legs or both for 10 minutes or so a day.
karolineenigma

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
karolineenigma wrote:
but the one vitamin i am a little stumped on how to absorb when on the Obagi system is vitamin D.... as far as i understand, you dont get vitamin d (at least not enough they say) when you have sun screen on.

You don't have expose your face to the sun. Your arms and/or legs also work. So, you could just expose your arms, legs or both for 10 minutes or so a day.

thats a pretty good point Smile i guess i didnt think of that since im am covered from head-to-toe right now since its FREEEEZING in Denmark!

I found a Eucerin ph5 sensitive skin lotion ill try out while im here.

is it pretty typical to have another round of pretty bad peeling at 17-18 weeks?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
karolineenigma wrote:

thats a pretty good point Smile i guess i didnt think of that since im am covered from head-to-toe right now since its FREEEEZING in Denmark!

I found a Eucerin ph5 sensitive skin lotion ill try out while im here.

is it pretty typical to have another round of pretty bad peeling at 17-18 weeks?

I think the peeling you are having is probably due to the climate change. Normally by 17-18 weeks you are all but done, and only have the minimal flaking at times. I am not sure how long you will be in Denmark, but if it is only a few weeks, I wouldn't worry too much about vitamin D (nor exposing your legs or arms! Laughing)
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
karolineenigma, did you use the action freely while on the program? I think the part I hate most is the tightness and dryness, I also have very dry skin and if I felt that the action would not hurt my progress, it sure would make it more comfortable along the journey. I keep reading not to use moisturizer but I wouldn't care if the process took longer, if it were more comfortable. My skin is already looking good so I don't care how long I have to continue to use the nu-derm before I go on maintenance, I plan on continuing with it to keep up what has already happened.
mike1987
5% products discount

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Its my 20th day on the program! Skin is smoother, blemishes and the initial breakouts are slowly fading. Skin still appear blotchy. Visited my derm yesterday, he said i needa bump up the frequency so i am applying every night now. The redness is still there though. Any chance it will subside? Thanks!
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself as a new Obagian. I had a couple of questions that I posted in the Skin Care and Makeup Forum and I got some great replies, but wanted to join here for the daily sharing and support! Very Happy

I've been on the Nu Derm system for just over a week, and am experiencing pretty much what I expected. Though so far it's not as bad as I thought it would be! But it's early days yet. And right now I'm only using the tret .05 and blender combo every 3rd night, because I know I am sensitive to tretinoin. Getting flakiness daily mostly around the mouth and nose. I only get a little bit of redness for the first few hours after putting on the Exfoderm. Nothing even really noticeable there.

Sometimes I remember to put a little bit of Aquaphor around my nose and the sides of my mouth before going to bed (no hyperpigmentation in those spots), but I usually forget. I'm using an eye cream am and pm and am still getting pretty dry there anyway. I'm careful not to spread the eye cream out too much, as I do have a fair amount of pigmentation on my temples close to my eyes, and high up on my cheeks. I'm using Burt's Bees ageless eye cream. Read some pretty good reviews on it and like that it's natural. It doesn't irritate my eye area at all and feels soothing, so it's a winner for me so far.

I am so glad I jumped on the Clarisonic band wagon years ago, because it's helping me out a lot now! I use it every night with the Obagi cleanser (which I love), and sometimes in the morning too. Otherwise I'll use a microfiber cloth in the morning, but that can be a bit too rough around the sides of my nose when I scrub hard enough to get all the flakies off.

After another week on this schedule, I'm planning to bump up the tret/blender use to every other night. It might take me awhile after that to get up to nightly use, but I'll see how it goes.

I did go for a consultation and purchase the products from a reconstructive plastic surgeon, but she's not very hands on and I think I actually know more about the products than she does! She lets her receptionist (who uses the Nu Derm system) handle all of that. She took some pictures of me, but that's pretty much it. She said that the Obagi system is the only thing she recommends for pigmentation because she knows it works. When I asked her if she needs to see me periodically to see how things are going, she said no. So I'm pretty much on my own here anyway! I can always call and talk to the receptionist if I have any questions, or stop in if I'm having some kind of weird reaction, or to purchase more products, of course. I'm thinking I might just try to find them cheaper elsewhere going forward. I'm also using the Refissa tretinoin, and I know I can get it much cheaper if I just have them write me a script, because my insurance will cover a good chunk of it.

So there's my long winded introduction! Nice to be here! Very Happy
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Nymue, sounds like you are off to a good start.
Mike, so glad you are hanging in there and that the acne is getting better. Too bad about the redness, we gals can try to cover that up with some powder but hard for a guy. But, think long term and how nice and handsome you will look in the future!

I am glad to be back on after my week off. So far I am having little reaction, but I have also started using less of each product this time around, not sure if that is ok, but with the holidays coming up I just want to keep using them but lessen the impact of all the flaking and soreness, etc.
Lucinders

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,
Just said I'd check in and give you an update on how I am doing - I am on day 17 of obagi and have to say I am delighted with the results so far! I was in a friends house at the weekend with no make up on (which usually I would not dream of doing!!) and she commented on how clear / smooth my skin looked (hence she has no idea I am using obagi!!). Needless to say I was delighted Very Happy
I know some of you were interested to know how I get on with the Avene Retrinal Creme rather than a tretinoin and I am finding it very good I have to say. I have had no peeling just an odd day of dry/tight skin. No irritation whatsoever. I started off using the .05% so when I run out I will purchase the .1%.

The only thing I am experiencing is a shiny / polished looking face.... can anyone inform me what is the cause of this?

Thanks again for your help!
eyecandi17
5% products discount

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
hey just have a question for all u obagiers, what sunscreen is everyone using with the system?
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
eyecandi17 wrote:
hey just have a question for all u obagiers, what sunscreen is everyone using with the system?

I'm using Burnout Ocean Tested, and love it.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
buffy45 wrote:

buffy45, does your protocol say to use eye cream before Clear and Exforderm or after?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinders wrote:
Hi Guys,
Just said I'd check in and give you an update on how I am doing - I am on day 17 of obagi and have to say I am delighted with the results so far! I was in a friends house at the weekend with no make up on (which usually I would not dream of doing!!) and she commented on how clear / smooth my skin looked (hence she has no idea I am using obagi!!). Needless to say I was delighted Very Happy
I know some of you were interested to know how I get on with the Avene Retrinal Creme rather than a tretinoin and I am finding it very good I have to say. I have had no peeling just an odd day of dry/tight skin. No irritation whatsoever. I started off using the .05% so when I run out I will purchase the .1%.

The only thing I am experiencing is a shiny / polished looking face.... can anyone inform me what is the cause of this?

Thanks again for your help!

Very interesting, Lucinders. This sounds like a way for a lot of people to go who are bothered by the dryness, etc.

The shiny/polished face look is due to exfoliation! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |