Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

Hi Riceball,
I would definitely check with a derm or plastic surgeon about a chemical peel and be sure to tell him/her about the Obagi products you're currently using.

Huge Dito! Very Happy
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Hi Riceball and welcome!

I think using the .05% is perfectly ok...I wouldn't go any higher than that especially if you've never used retin-a before. I've only used the .05% and have gotten excellent results using that alone...if you jump to the 1%, you risk some serious irritation if your skin cannot handle it, .05% will cause enough on it's own.

You can definitely use Obagi on the neck area. For myself, I've used it nightly on my neck area since day one and have had no irritation or redness, but I have a few years of retin-a use under my belt. If you've never used it before, I would start off using on the neck only a few times a week and work your way up from there...

Quote:
I'm a little over a week ahead of you with the Obagi...I started Feb 14th and I too have the around the mouth issue. Makeup is just not possible there at this point in time because it ends up looking like a damn mess and my face looks like it's peeling of in sheets Laughing

Just give your face time to acclimate to the Obagi and eventually the redness etc will hopefully subside, then you can start wearing the makeup again.
[quote]

I have to jump in and share with you how much a clarsonic will take away that peeling around the mouth and make the whole obaji thing way less painful. I suffered through bad peeling for months before I purchased mine. When I started using it..I thought the obaji wasn't working like it once was. That was until I forgot my clarsonic on a trip.. and within a day.. yep..peeling skin around my mouth and chin again. It is truly amazing. btw..your skin is going to look great. obaji is transforming.
riceball
5% products discount

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:

I have to jump in and share with you how much a clarsonic will take away that peeling around the mouth and make the whole obaji thing way less painful. I suffered through bad peeling for months before I purchased mine. When I started using it..I thought the obaji wasn't working like it once was. That was until I forgot my clarsonic on a trip.. and within a day.. yep..peeling skin around my mouth and chin again. It is truly amazing. btw..your skin is going to look great. obaji is transforming.

thanks dear.. I have been browsing online and I think I need a Clarisonic in my life too. I am so sure if we have that here in Japan,if not ebay i guess. is it really good ? which clarisonic did you get, the mia ?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the info HDgirl...unfortunately, I've met my spending quota for the next few months and have an 18 day vacay looming on the very near horizon so gotta reel in the wallet.

Are there any brushes comparable to the Clarisonic for less that you know of?

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:52 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

Are there any brushes comparable to the Clarisonic for less that you know of?

I am not sure how close they are, but you might want to check out the Pretika, bren.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:08 am      Reply with quote
No doubt, a clarsonic is $$$ I put off getting one for the longest time because, to me, it seemed just like a face brush. I really didn't think it was worth the money.
Finally, an esthetician I really trusted told me to get one that it would make my skin better and younger. So I went for it and bought the one that almost costs $200. I use the sensitive brush. It has two speeds..the mia only has one..but it is cheaper. But I bet it still gets the job done and is a good product. beyond exfoliation..I think the vibrating brush keeps my face more tone and tight..it also makes your products absorb better. Overall..the thing has improved my youthfulness for many reasons.

If the budget can't get you the clarsonic..get the pretika from NCN. It is under $50. I also think Olay just came out with a similar brush too. My daughter does have the Pretika... it looks like a clarsonic but is no where near the quality. But hey, it may help with that peeling around the mouth..I just can't say for sure.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Keep your eye on eBay, I picked up the full Clarisonic, boxed with sample products, for Ł70 (it was listed in the wrong place so no-one was bidding on it).
riceball
5% products discount

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:58 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
No doubt, a clarsonic is $$$ I put off getting one for the longest time because, to me, it seemed just like a face brush. I really didn't think it was worth the money.
Finally, an esthetician I really trusted told me to get one that it would make my skin better and younger. So I went for it and bought the one that almost costs $200. I use the sensitive brush. It has two speeds..the mia only has one..but it is cheaper. But I bet it still gets the job done and is a good product. beyond exfoliation..I think the vibrating brush keeps my face more tone and tight..it also makes your products absorb better. Overall..the thing has improved my youthfulness for many reasons.

If the budget can't get you the clarsonic..get the pretika from NCN. It is under $50. I also think Olay just came out with a similar brush too. My daughter does have the Pretika... it looks like a clarsonic but is no where near the quality. But hey, it may help with that peeling around the mouth..I just can't say for sure.

thank you for sharing this info.. I am planning to buy the Clarisonic too and I found one at *bay bec. I can't find it here in our country.
Do you think it wouldn't harm my skin now that I am using Obagi Nu-derm system ?I am only in my 12th day and I don't experience a lot of peeling yet. Also, do you think I would get the same result even if I would only purchase the Clarisonic Mia ? Im not sure if there'S two options on that like for normal and for sensitive. I hope to hear from you again.Many thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I also used the Clarisonic while on Obagi. It definitely helps with the "peelies" and is a great exfoliator. I used it once per day -- usually in the evening.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question right now and I really need someone to help me if anyone here knows about it.I am currently looking at *bay for Clarisonic Mia and would like to ask if I should get the Normal head or brush for it or the sensitive brush alone would work well. The seller is willing to switch the sensitive to normal if I want it.

Pls. help me if you can. thank you !

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
For me, I thought the "normal " brush was too harsh for my skin. I'm fair ..with thick baby like skin. I like the softer brush much better.

I also think the mia would most likely work just fine for someone wishing to save money or who can't get the higher speed clarsonic. the company makes quality products. It really helps in many areas of skincare. I don't think you'll regret the purchase.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info gals...will check out both models. Would be nice to keep these flakies tamed a bit!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
riceball
5% products discount

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:59 am      Reply with quote
thank you so much guys.. I just purchased it online..I hope they will arrive soon Smile I love all the support here Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Obagi is so expensive. I already done twice Nu derm system. I am on maintenance but somehow whenever I am on the maintenance, my freckles come back. I hate it. (maintenance regime is a full nu derm obagi on alternative day.) Thus I want to try the third . I don't want to though (oh, I have to go thru all those.)...Can I just use clear and blender with Retin A only for this time? Can I get a good result by using only two products? Please advise me...
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:12 am      Reply with quote
if you have freckles that have come back. I'd use clear and retin a every day and see if that gets rid of them. When they're gone..I'd then use blender and retin a three times, staggered throughout the week, as maintenance. play with it..and see if that works.

I agree it is expensive..and not everyone can afford to use obaji endlessly as is prescribed.

I buy my retin a online for cheaper. But I think blender, clear, and exfol are great products.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:37 am      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
Hi, Obagi is so expensive. I already done twice Nu derm system. I am on maintenance but somehow whenever I am on the maintenance, my freckles come back. I hate it. (maintenance regime is a full nu derm obagi on alternative day.) Thus I want to try the third . I don't want to though (oh, I have to go thru all those.)...Can I just use clear and blender with Retin A only for this time? Can I get a good result by using only two products? Please advise me...

Hi Azumma,
My maintenance routine consists of Clear, Blender/Retin A 2-3 times a week. This seems to keep my hyperpigmentation at bay ALONG with a physical sunscreen. So far, so good.

Maybe rather than use the entire Nuderm line, you can try it with the Clear, Blender/Retin a and see what happens.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CrisD, Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. The makeup remover I'm using is from Dermalogica, PreCleanse. I purchased it from a Plastic Surgeon. Good Luck!
debo
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm into my third week with the condition & enhance system. My skin has done really well, but all of the sudden, there are some breakouts. Not small pimples, but large red knots! Any idea which of the products might be causing this? I've never had anything like this happen, even with teenage acne. Sad
debo
5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Help! My nose is bright red, swollen and throbbing! I'm having some pretty bad breakouts, also bright red! I don't know which products to back off of when it gets this bad. I actually washed everything off my face last night and just used some Neocutis moisturizer and the obagi eye gel. I'm not sure what to use today. I like the product, I just need to be able to control it so I can go to work. I'm in a public job and can't afford to call in because my face is bright red and broke out. Can someone give me some advice on how to keep this under control? Crying or Very sad Sad Brick wall
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Debo,
Are you in a position to see a derm or even your primary care physician? This sounds like an allergic reaction to something -- not quite in line with normal Obagi effects. Do you have any topical cortisone creme you could try?

I would certainly hold off on all of the products until your skin resolves itself.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kims, I'm under the care of a aesthetician with a plastic surgeon. She had told me to call her any time day or night, but I just hate to do that. I'm going to call her today. I also noticed that something is making my psoriasis flair back up on my face. I haven't had that happen in years. I'm really disappointed. I paid so much for this system. It was a big decision to invest this much money in it. Thanks for your quick response.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear that! Please let us know what he/she says!

5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I will. I'm glad you mentioned the topical cortisone cream. I actually purchased some along with aquaphor after ready some of your entries. I completely forgot about it!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Debo...how long have you been using Obagi?

I started Feb 14th and just shy of a week of using without a hitch I had a fairly bad allergic reaction to the Exfoderm.
Luckily I was able to put 2 & 2 together and figured out it was the Exfo right away and I've continued on since without the use of it with no other problems. Also, are you using the Sunfader? I have heard that there are many people that cannot tolerate that....I don't even use it either....good luck, I hope you figure it out!

debo
5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi bren21, I started on it Feb 17. I was really pleased that I wasn't having serious problems. This happened all of the sudden. I actually faced my fear and used it this morning, minus the exfoderm. I was unsure about using the clear, but I haven't seen many negative remarks about the clear, so I decided to go ahead with it. I don't use the sunfader. I've been using the Physical UV Block SPF 32 that came with my kit. I have the surgical kit. It seems to be a little different. So, can I completely leave out the exfoderm? I'd like to stick with this program, but it's getting painful!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |