Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:49 am      Reply with quote
dragonflyte wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, Vanessa. I used all the products as close to my eyes as I could.

Rileygirl, many people seem to be afraid to use the products close to their eyes, but I've been on 0.05% RA for a year now and use it very close to my eyes with no problems at all (on my eyelids too - no issues at all). I just started the Obagi system, and like you, am using it close to my eyes (undereye lid).

Did you experiencing insane crinkly/crepiness around your eyes when you first started using the system? Can I ask what your experiences were in the eye area for the duration of the Obagi course? Did you use it on the upper eyelids at all?

Thank you very much Smile

Wow, I am really late in replying to you, dragonflyte. So sorry that I just saw this now. Reading further I see you are using an eye cream and Avocado oil in the eye area, so that should definitely prevent any crepiness. I never had any issues with crinkly/crepiness in the eye area, but I also used an eye cream when on NuDerm. My nurse always advised Retin A/Blender and the Clear to be used on the eyelid, which I did, but very sparingly.
threadbiz

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you bren21...I will check into the Aquaporin.
I have sensitive skin and I guess thats why I am having so much trouble.
Riley girl I cannot believe that you can put the retina/blender around your eyes wow!! I was so careful not to but it crepped around my eye area and it has wreaked havick!! I just got my second botox this week and now I have a black eye?? Its my second time and didnt do that the first time? The first time I got the droopy eye (same eye btw, my right eye) and I wanted to try one more time to see if any better results as ppl have told me the more you do it the better the results. I mainly want my forehead smoother. I actually dont have crows feet. Now I have this crinkling under my eye and the doc did a little botox under the eye said it should soften a little...not so far. I did botox two days ago. I dont want to leave the house between the crinkling and black eye and spent $1000 just to want to hide!!! I also had juviderm for the second time & I like those results both times. But doubtful Ill do the botox again.
I mentioned before that my doc has suggested the TCV Peel around my eyes and we are doing a spot test on Monday to see how I react... has anyone done that before? what are experiences?
threadbiz

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Meant TCA Peel...I think thats right? I am not familiar with Peels and have not done any.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 am      Reply with quote
threadbiz, if you are having trouble around the eye area, you could always apply an eye cream first, and then apply the rest of the products on your face. That should help with any product migration around the eye area.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I've done 2 TCA peels and applied under my eye area with no problems...of course, for a few days after you kinda freak out because your skin starts to look like it has this plastic coating on it and when you smile you think your face will break Laughing ...this is, of course, normal and what your skin does pre-peeling...when it's done peeling the skin looks fabulous! I happen to be a big fan of TCA peels...more so than Glycolics...

I will probably do another TCA after Obagi in fact...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
threadbiz

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:20 am      Reply with quote
bren21 how long is the process of tight skin & peeling after the peel? I ask because if I decide to do it I need to plan date according to a two week trip I am taking to Arizona to visit family. He is not doing my whole face just my eyes. I just wonder if it will really help and be worth the process & money? All this is so hard. I just spoke with my doc on the phone and he says my bruising and swelling from botox he feels is due to my having alcohol the night before...I had a Mojito not even realizing or thinking about the fact I was having botox & restilyn the next day. He says I should look and feel better about it by end of week. Ugghhh.... thank God for sunglasses Cool
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Threadbiz,
Let us know if you decide to do the TCA peel. I would love to try this as well for my under eye area!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Hey TBiz...it only takes about a week to look fine and dandy after a TCA, that is to get through pretty much the whole process of peeling...at least for myself that's all it takes. I usually start really crusting over by the second day and by day 3 or 4 I'm peeling...peeling lasts a few days. You can help along the process of skin that is already flaking off but VERY carefully and very lightly, don't ever pick or manually peel off skin that is still attached...Aquaphor is a great tool for my TCA's because it's kinda like vaseline and keeps the skin soft/moisturized at all times and helps the shedding process by loosening the skin...

I do my own at home so I don't know what the cost at a derms office is, I'm sure it's through the roof compared to a DIY Embarassed

As far as your botox goes...is your derm skilled at it? I mean, when someone gets droop that typically means it's the injectors fault for not placing it properly or the botox migrated somehow into adjoining muscle tissue....thank god I've never had that problem...that must have been scary for you Shock

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
threadbiz

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 am      Reply with quote
A plastic surgeon has done my botox, fillers and who I do my Obagi with. He is the one recommending the TCA. We are doing a test spot on my forehead on Monday to see how I react. Ive been researching on it and have not seen a lot of info that is saying it will make a difference under the eyes? I just dont want to do anything to make it worse nor do something that will not make it better either & be a waste of time and money? I am so fearful. My Doc feels the crinkling is stemming more from the trintnoin. I felt the same but worry its not going away? This has all come about since starting Obagi and my first initial botox. I had first botox b4 Christmas and started Obagi end of December. Wonderful results as I said other than my eyes will not go back to the way they were...grrr. I just dont see that I would all the sudden age like this in three months? Its under my eyes and then kind of a pull and wrinkle in inner cheeks right around nose. I have not used Trintnoin for about two wks now and my Doc feels that in another few weeks I will improve? At the same time he doesnt seem sure himself? Question
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Well, when I first started using retin-a I got some pretty bad wrinkling under my eyes, but it got better. Can't remember how long it took though to do so, its been a few years now.

My under eyes were looking pretty fabulous until I started Obagi, now I have gained back my wrinkling and have actually aquired an extra elongated "pouch" that extends all the way along my lower lash line on my left side...not real thrilled about that sucker. So, I've stopped all Obagi around my eyes (merely because of my long out of country vacation coming up) to see if I can get it back to at least a bit more normal. The wrinkling looks much better with what I've been doing, but I still have this damn pouch!!! Grrrr....

My sis had great results under her eyes with TCA's...myself, It worked fine under my eyes but it's not like it was a fabulous improvement. I mean, they looked a teeny bit better, but nothing to write home about and at least they didn't get worse! Laughing

debo
5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Threadbiz, I can totally relate to the bruising issue. the first (and last) time I had a filler, they failed to tell me to lay off aspirin for at least two weeks before. I looked like someone beat me! Shock I now keep arnica gel on hand for bruising. It also comes in beads that you put under your tongue. I used both along with Vitamin K. I have a new person that does my botox now and she told me that they have patients to take arnica before any type of surgery to help with the bruising.

Random question....does anyone have a problem with their mascara rubbing off under their eyes due to so much moisturizer? I don't use waterproof because I had heard it's not healthy for your eyelashes. Confused
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Debo - have you thought of dying them instead of using Mascara? I do mine every month or so (just risked doing them for the first time since starting Obagi & it was fine!)

Dragonflyte - thanks for the mailing offer, that's really sweet of you Smile EDS have sent me a replacement cleanser out today so hooray for that! Hope it don't get caught by the men in grey...

Had my first compliment at work (by a colleague who knows I'm on a 'programme' so I guess it doesn't count really... "what's happened to your wrinkles?" Laughing a left handed compliment at best but better than none eh? Laughing Now the red's fading they do look reduced on my forehead... Very Happy
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl, it looks like I'm doing the same regimen as you and my derm also recommended using the products on my upper/lower lids sparingly... my skin is already looking much better. No lobster face and I can go out in public! But eyes are crepey so I will give them time to adjust to what I'm doing. I'm only 2 weeks into this. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed Smile

5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Dianew, hey a compliment is a compliment! And if you need mailing help, just let me know.

I was reading a poll the other day that listed the top 5 things women like to hear the most and wanted to share it. Most people assumed "I love you" would be number 1. But "you've lost weight" was number 1 and "you look beautiful" was number 2! I must agree, those would be top of my list too Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dianew. I've heard about the eyelash tinting, but haven't had the nerve to do it. Do you have it done professionally or do it yourself? I have an appt with my aesthetician Saturday for my free facial Laughing and I thought about talking with her about it, but if I can safely do it myself, I'd rather save the $$$. I welcome any advise and hints Very Happy
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Debo - the first time I had it done by someone else (birthday vouchers for a beauty college so it was a trainee that did it Smile )

I do it myself now tho - a black or blue/black kit cots about £6 from Boots or Superdrug (in the UK) & use a brown kit for my eyebrows. THey last more than a year & are dead easy to use - put vaseline around the eyes (avoiding lashes & brows) so you don't get dye on your skin)

you get a wand to apply it like mascara - wash out of your eyes at once if you slip, & do a patch test before using for the ist time

it takes me about half an hour to do lashes & brows - leave lashes for 10 mins, brows for 3 mins as I don't want them to get as dark (I'm reddish blond)

oh & don't do brows within 3 days of plucking, or the dyw migrates into the follicle holes & looks like blackheads!
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:48 am      Reply with quote
...ran out of space there... last thing is to have dampened cotton pads ready to take it off your lashes / brows, then wash carefully

my brows stang a bit this last time - not surprising with all the chemicals I've had on there recently! but was ok within an hour or so - I plucked them after dying

good luck if you decide to go for it! I use Eyelure brand, no doubt there are otehrs about, depending where you are in the world Smile
debo
5% products discount

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Good Morning Dianew,

It sounds easier than I thought it would be. I'm in TN, so I'll start checking around to see if I can buy that brand here locally or order online. I'm blonde, but have brown eyebrows, so it sounds like I'd use pretty much the same colors you do. I did see something on this forum about 1000 hour hair color mascara, but not sure if it's available anymore.

Thanks for the advice. You have a great day!!! Very Happy
debo
5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dianew, I going to take your advice and have my eyelashes tinted tomorrow when I go for my free facial that came with my obagi pkg. After I've had it done once, I'll probably feel more comfortable doing it myself at home.

Everyone must be doing well on their programs. Haven't seen many SOS's lately. That's great!!!

Everyone have an awesome weekend! Cool
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Debo - good luck! If you have it done by a pro i believe blue black is the darkest colour (tho not it seems in the ready-made home kits, which look more blue than black to me) It makes a real difference to how awake I look in the mornings Smile

As for the Obagi, mad peeling is still calm at the moment, tho still a bit red. Can def see more even toned skin starting to peek thru the redness Smile

Currently on day 26 & just got my Vit C serum so will start that tomorrow - been a wuss & got 5% strength just in case - I don't want to react to it & have to stop all my actives now my skin seems to have made peace with them Smile

how's everyone else doing?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing ok girls....honestly, I've been cheating for the last 4 days, I had a "first date" last night and didn't want to have my face flaking off in the sushi Laughing

So I didn't use any Obagi stuff for about 4 days prior, I feel a bit guilty but on the bright side I had a fab date Very Happy

Back on Obagi last night though....at least I now know how many days off Obagi I need before I head to Australia in 3 weeks to have my skin not so flakey...

riceball
5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
hi Obagians !!

It's Day 26 of my Obagi Nuderm regimen and I am thinking of ordering in advance for another set.But I would like to ask if you would suggest Obagi Vit.C serum for me and what percent should I get ?

I am currently using all of this products.
Foaming Gel
Toner
Clear
Exfoderm Forte
Blender

Healthy Skin Pro. SPF
Tretinoin Cream 0.05%

I just want to order in advance before the bottles empty. WOuld you recommend Vitamin C serum for me and if you do, how do I use it ?

Many thanks and I hope to hear from you guys.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have to say I'm doing pretty good too. I'm approaching the 3rd week, all the redness is gone, and the dryness/scaling is 90% diminished. the peeling comes and goes but as long as I use the exfoliating brush, it's kept at bay.

I don't know if it's because of the new eye cream I'm using (Neocutis Lumiere) or if it's just that my skin is settling into the program, but the horribly crepeyness around my eyes that started when I began Obagi is definitely looking better. I may even have the guts to take a picture soon Smile

Bren21, have you considered trying the tretinoin every other day for when you are in Australia? That may do the trick in keeping your skin calm enough to continue without the crazy side effects. For the past 3 days I did that because of family visiting and it really helped me look very presentable Smile

Riceball, something you may want to consider. I can't really recommend a brand of Vitamin C (there seems to be so many) but I have a suggestion. It is common for compounding pharmacies (pharmacies that make bioidentical hormones and medications, and more natural solutions to traditional medicines) to also sell non prescription items and skin care serums. some make the serums themselves. For example, the one near me (www.pencolrx.com) makes a Vitamin C serum in-house. It is a fraction of the price of the very expensive ones online. It costs around $35 for a dropper bottle of the serum. The pharmacist that makes it is extremely particular and does not taint the serums with a whole bunch of other ingredients/chemicals. Not only that, but she spent quite a bit of her time educating me on understanding how Vitamin C affects the skin, how it should be stored, and how to prevent it degrading. I used their brand for over a year before switching to avocado oil.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:21 am      Reply with quote
dragoflyte - is it right to store your vit c in the fridge? I read that on another thread - there seems to be so much conflicting info out there though!

I opened my 5% serum this morning (& got far too much in the Obagi dropper thingy so had to throw some rather than put it back in the bottle - hmm, more sensible to use it on my hands or something I guess Brick wall )

It was champagne coloured, which some people say is ok while others say it should be water coloured - ie clear... no useful info on the Obagi site there either

I'm assuming it goes on before eye cream... anyone else use this stuff?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I've never had a C serum that was water colored and I've had lots of them. All have been champagne colored on arrival.

The C serum would go on right after cleansing and toning before the Clear.

A lot of people put their C serum in the fridge. I never did, but supposedly it helps keep it fresh....I have seen certain brands that claim theirs needs no refridgeration, apparently something within the processing allows it to be stable at room temp.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |