Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bottles of Essential Oils and what to do with them?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:49 am      Reply with quote
take a few drops into your bathtub, and enjoy a bath
do not use it onto your skin directly, or it would burn your skin
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
take a few drops into your bathtub, and enjoy a bath
do not use it onto your skin directly, or it would burn your skin

Hello fly fly

Welcome to our forum - heck, you've been busy today with all your posts!

I love essential oils in my bath - it makes the whole experience ten times more relaxing, especially when you couple it with candles and a glass of chilled wine!

Unfortunately, as i am 8 weeks pregnant, i'm having to forego the chilled wine ....... and the too hot bath ........... and the essential oils (as i can't work out which ones are safe and which ones aren't, too much conflicting info).

So, basically, i'm down to a warm bubble bath with candles for a while!!!! Ah well ........, it's just as nice! Very Happy

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
As you are pregnant, it's just safer to avoid EOs alltogether for now. You can have herbal baths, or milk baths - add some goat milk with some nice oils like almond or rosehip - a cup of milk with oil is enough, and relax. Smile
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Wow so it's been awhile since I replied..must've forgotten this thread. So to update I found out they weren't all unopened it's just that part of the seal was still on so it LOOKED like it was.
The unopened ones are Rose-Moroc Abs 10%? [diluted in Jojoba Oil] and Geranium.

Cool I'm certainly thinking about using the geranium EO in some acne concoctions for stubborn zits now that I have that on hand! yess.

The opened ones: Lemon [cold-pressed], Cedar wood,and Grapefruit [cold-pressed].

My mom used it in her spa place for aromatherapy- this might be a stupid question but you use a diffuser or something of the like to get the aroma therapeutic properties from the oils right? Haha sorry you seem to know more about this subject than me. Laughing
gunjee
5% products discount

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
You can diffuse it into the room, you can put a drop or two on a cotton ball and tuck it in your sleeve to sniff when you need an aromatherapy kick, you can dilute in a carrier and add to your bath or use as a massage oil, you can dilute with water and witch-hazel and put in a spritzer bottle to spritz your face and/or body or even spritz upholstered furniture to make it smell better. (I have spritzed my pillowcases and bedsheet with lavender essential oil diluted in a half water and half rubbing alcohol mixture.)

-Shilpa
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
ChelseaaaHi wrote:
Wow so it's been awhile since I replied..must've forgotten this thread. So to update I found out they weren't all unopened it's just that part of the seal was still on so it LOOKED like it was.
The unopened ones are Rose-Moroc Abs 10%? [diluted in Jojoba Oil] and Geranium.

Cool I'm certainly thinking about using the geranium EO in some acne concoctions for stubborn zits now that I have that on hand! yess.

The opened ones: Lemon [cold-pressed], Cedar wood,and Grapefruit [cold-pressed].

My mom used it in her spa place for aromatherapy- this might be a stupid question but you use a diffuser or something of the like to get the aroma therapeutic properties from the oils right? Haha sorry you seem to know more about this subject than me. Laughing

Essential oil molecules are tiny and and can get through your skin. So it's more efficient to inhale or massage them in as opposed to take in.

I find that all those methods of "putting it on a cotton ball" or similar are very inefficient, and diffuser methods are best for inhalation type of procedure.

Most Citrus oils lose their therapeutic qualities fast, especially after being opened, but their wonderful scent lasts longer.

Rose absolute in jojoba is something that you buy to try, as the regular absolute is expensive.
If it's diluted in jojoba that means you can't really use it in a diffuser, but you can use it as a moisturizing oil for your face, or use it in part if creating your own cream or lotion or massage oil.

There very many uses to essential oils, depends on what your goal is. You can use them in creams/lotions, in scenting soap, in making perfumes, sprays, aromatherapy relaxation inhalations, in massage oils, in bathtubs and on and on.

If using it in a bath, add it to 1/4 cup of milk or oil (like jojoba for example), so that it's not gone right away, and make the bath not steaming hot, otherwise they will evaporate right away.

Ask away or PM if you have any questions
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Zverenok-

"There very many uses to essential oils, depends on what your goal is. You can use them in creams/lotions, in scenting soap, in making perfumes, sprays, aromatherapy relaxation inhalations, in massage oils, in bathtubs and on and on."

So far I am intending to use them for sprays/scent, and topical uses.

I'm thinking about using them in an oil burner which would be nice for scenting up my room.

You mentioned that the Rose absolute can be incorporated in lotion/cream. You also mentioned that the EO molecules are tiny and can get through your skin. So does that mean it would be very efficient for topical uses since it can be absorbed through the skin? I'm planning on using them in a face moisturizer once I get the base and other EO's to personalize from skinactives.com

=] thanks for your suggestions, it's very informative.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that is exactly right - it's beneficial to use them topical as they do get through the skin.

Sprays/inhalations as in using a burner or diffuser is effective.

For topical applications you need some sort of a carrier as in 99% unless you are a professional aromatherapist, do not apply essential oils direct to the skin. That is they need to be in a lotion, or in a carrier oil - like for a massage and so on...

Hope this helps - I recommend you invest a bit in some literature - there is a ton of information out there - as well as numerous resources online on various essential oils and their uses.
Good luck Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |