Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

"Dateline" debunks expensive skin care products!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone watch Dateline last night? They did a segment on whether expensive skin care products were all they were cracked up to be. For those who missed it you can check out the story:
Code:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6255436/

Its a long read, I'm warning you in advance Laughing .

At the end of the day, its nothing I don't know already, but the idea of smearing my skin in LARD is just too "out there" Shock

Anya
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I certainly did watch Dateline. Couldn't believe the chemist said lard is as good as any moisturizer. Rolling Eyes

Was waiting for them to mention Argireline as it is the new antiaging ingredient.

The show did not impress me. I think there are many good quality skincare companies that include ingredients that have significant results on skin.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Its interesting that they mentioned lard...I remember that several of my mom's friends got facelifts maybe 10 years ago and they were told to put Crisco on their faces afterwards. Shock I couldn't believe it. Same idea as lard...yuck! Doubt

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
What ya gotta remember is that derms generally don't see aging skin as unhealthy...as long as it is reasonably clean and doesn't have any serious leisions or melanomas, they don't care...my mum said that a derm at the hospital she used to work in, always said you could moisturise with anything, even axel grease!
So I tend to disregard what derms say (unless of course they work for a premier skin care company, then I lap up every word!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to disregard these sorts of programmes, not because I don't think there's some truth in what they say, but they just take the FUN out of buying skin care products Laughing
I've always used good skin care products (good=expensive) most of my life and I can confidently say that my skin is in excellent condition and better than some people I know who are much younger and just use a "bit of moisturiser" Razz So I guess I will continue my extravagent ways and Dateline be damned Laughing

Anya
Mabsy

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Heh, I think every country has an alternative program that talks about the very same thing. I was interested in what they had to say until they said that putting sorbolene on your face will have the same effect. I tried it once, would not do it again.
Kathleen Bruegger
5% products discount

Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! Yes I did see that show debunking expensive moisturizers etc. Well, that doctor was right about the lard. As weird as it seems, it does work!! I use Crisco, Aquanil, and Albalene cream . All of these products are very good for sensitive/dry skin. The less ingredients there are in a product , the less chance of a reaction. Doesn't that make sense??

I had really dry skin on my cheeks and the old t-zone chin acne and slight rosacea. After using these products followed by Eucerin moisturizers, my skin not only looks dewy, but feels like silk. My sister swears by Aquanil cleanser and is recommending it to all her friends. It really works!! Very Happy And ahem..I did the research!!>..haha: ))

I was just at a dept. store today, but NOT for skin treatments. These people are so slick, I almost told the lady who sold me another product I used crisco when she suggested some high-priced moisturizer. Sweetie, I KNOW what works for me pllllllllease! Don't be fooled just b/c of the packaging and name.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
what's crisco? Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="guapagirl"]what's crisco? Rolling Eyes[/quot

Crisco is an odorless kind of lard we use here in America to bake pies with. You can also buy it with butter flavor..but don't think I"d want to put that on my face...haha! You only need a little on your face, and you can also use it under your eyes at nice, and your lips when they are dry. I would say..you could use it just about anywhere!
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I can't imagine putting Crisco on my face at night or any time Rolling Eyes . I was baking the other day and used some Crisco. I got it all over my hands and then had the hardest time washing it off. Not to mention if you put it on at night what a mess your pillow cases might be in the morning.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |