Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I caved and bought the PedEgg...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
... and straight in the bin it goes!

I read many good reviews both here and on MUA and despite being happy with my Gehwol foot file (fabulous but messy) I decided to give this a go. I got it on eBay and after I tried it for a while I thought maybe it was a fake, but it looks like the real thing and I don't see how you could stuff a product like this to be honest.

My feet are in pretty good shape but since I do wear sandals a lot at the moment they do need some TLC every few days. So, the PedEgg came in the mail and, very excited, I sat down and used it on dry feet. Got almost nothing, just a bit of very fine powder, some of which DEFINITELY did not go inside the PedEgg container. I tried it again the next day, thinking it might be my technique. Still not much. I then decided that perhaps it should be used on feet after they have been soaked - a bit more (and this time in the container) but still very unimpressive. Then, right after I used the PedEgg, I took out my Gehwol foot file and filed off LOTS of dead skin for soft smooth feet. After a couple of years my Gehwol file is still nice and sharp and does a better job than any other foot file I have tried. But, even comparing the PedEgg to other foot files I have, it's still actually quite poor.

All I can say is that I am *so* glad that I did not buy this for the Au$60 that they try to sell it for over here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I think the PedEgg is a knockoff of the Microplane which I have, and that model definitely rocks!

But I looked at the PedEgg closely in the store one day, and thought it looked much more flimsy from a design standpoint. You have confirmed my decision to stick with the Microplane!

Next time I will be buying the one with the replaceable filing component...Microplane did not offer that until AFTER PegEgg came up with that idea.

http://us.microplane.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=25

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Oh My - I can't believe what it costs in Australia.... Wew. I bought mine in a two-fer deal. It works for me and I don't have dry skin in general but then I don't use it very often. Like it though.... Was contemplating the microplane - Beth usually knows what works.
pilotgal

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh good gravy ... what a horrible price ... for a horrible tool Shock Here in SoCal, they sell for $9.99 US at all the major drug stores. This includes a nasty foot cream.

I got sucked in a few months ago and purchased one for my 'always calloused' heels. I agree with the OP ... what a waste of money! The fine powder exploded all over my bedroom carpet when the very cheaply made product came apart while using. After one use, the cheese grater-like plate was completely dull with my heels still thick with callous.

IMHO ... don't waste your money Exclamation
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, as an Aussie, I can confirm that is what they sell it for here. Its on infomercials all the time. And I caved in. The WORST product purchase I have made.... Thank goodness I got it on Ebay for less. But its terrible.....
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
LOL....as I just finished writing this last post..the PedEgg commercial came on...AGAIN! They are really thrashing it over here....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love my little $9.99 Ped Egg..

I use it once a month, on thoroughly dry bare skin from the knees down, and it removes all the dead skin.. Then I shower, and apply a nice lotion and I'm smooth as a baby's booty.. Laughing

It gets from moi'

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I love my little $9.99 Ped Egg..

I'm with Kassy - I loooove my PedEgg. Living in Southern California, I'm in open-backed shoes most of the time (even now, as I type) and had developed gross cracked, gray heels that no pumice could correct. Enter the PedEgg. I use it several times a week before showering (standing on a towel from the laundry basket, for any spillage), then follow the shower with Kerasol ointment and socks for an hour or so. Now my heels are pink and soft all the time (or at least, when I keep up the routine. Rolling Eyes ) I guess it's one of those things that works for some, but not for all. That being said, I probably wouldn't pay as much as they're charging in Australia...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I think my crystal nail file does a better job than the pedegg. Then again, my feet are way beyond awful!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - that price ($42US) absolutely floored me! I'd call it a waste for that amt too.

But, I do like mine - it works great on the heals. Not so well on the toes (upside down it spills out). Only good for one area, and I don't consider the $10 US that bad. It is messy, tho, and I use mine (dry) in the shower before I take my shower.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm surprised by the price difference as well. I mean, I know we usually get ripped off here (I try to buy most cosmetics and electronics online or when I'm in the US) but not to this extent.

Having said that, even it was $9.95 it would still be bad, or at least the one I got would definitely be. The very mixed reports make me wonder whether there is some quality control issue somewhere in manufacturing them. I don't think the one I have would work for anyone! Actually, come to think of it, I'll give it to my mum and see what she thinks. Then I'll report back Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
The microplane does work better but costs way more. I have both and my hubby dulled the pediegg blades in a heatbeat. My swedish clover file works great and never dulls.
I can't believe how much you had to pay!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad I didn't go for this! Especially since it seems to be *everywhere* now. Pumice stones never really did it for me, and I don't have a microplane, but I do love my Sally Hansen La Cross Foot Smoothing Disk. It's a small, blue disk with hard plastic rings that scrape off the dead skin. Love it!

But in just looking for it online, it seems to be discontinued! Walgreens isn't stocking it and it's not on the Sally Hansen website. Noooo! Shock If anyone knows where to find it, I need to stock up! Thanks!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
The microplane does work better but costs way more.

Check out the Microplane "colorblind" ones...they are discounted because the colors aren't perfect. But I do think that you get what you pay for in this instance...I bet the Microplane blades last way longer than the PedEgg.

After all, they know the grater business very well. It still cracks me up that they went from kitchen graters to feet graters. "Honey, could you please empty my container of Heel Zest?" Laughing

http://us.microplane.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=58

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like the Orb might be like the pedi-egg. I have one - A pedi egg and I like it but have not tried other types. My feet are not heavily calloused either so that might make a difference. I thought it worked great. Maybe Mabsy has a defect in hers. For the Aus price it should be gold plated and engraved.
Mabsy

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Maybe Mabsy has a defect in hers. For the Aus price it should be gold plated and engraved.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're right though, given the disparity of comments about it I think mine is a dud. I can't see how it could possibly work on anyone's feet. My feet are usually baby soft so it's not like it has a lot of work to do but it can't even deal with a little bit of dead skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say I love my PediEgg. I get loads of fine powder everytime I use it, and it does not spill out but I can see how it could happen.

I really like mine and it sounds Masby as if yours is defective.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Every couple of weeks, I give myself a pedicure, starting with warm water and skin softener in a massage tub. Then I use a pedicure file to remove the layer of dead skin on the bottom of my feet, and I also trim and polish my toenails. My feet feel wonderful afterwards. I've looked at the PedEggs, but I don't think I'd like them.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
These eggs work quite well, esp on dry skin. Just don't over do it like my friend did.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I also bought mine (shopping channel) over a year ago on a 2 for the price of 1 special
and they work great! No spilling and takes off any dry yucky skin!
I wonder if now that they are mass marketed the quality control has slacked off badly!
I can't imagine that price either! Mine were 2 for 10$ USD!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone,

i bought the pedegg several months ago at a dollar store for $1. Dollar Bazaar, at Gerrard Square. it was in a nice package with the 'seen on tv' label, and i thought it was a nice idea. i find that it best to soak the feet and scrub away while watching tv. Very Happy

also, i saw a pedegg with a long handle, i think i saw it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I love my Ped Egg. I also have bought replacement blades. I use it on my feet when they are dry because for me, that is when it removes the most dead skin. Yes, it can be messy so I do it over a towel, no biggy.

I have to be careful not to take too much off because I did initially and that's not a good thing. I like it because it removes the calluses and dry skin, makes my feet look smooth and gives me a pedicure look for pennies. I cannot compare to other items because it's all I ever used but I certainly don't need anything more aggressive.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |