Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
concealer for dark circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
What is a good concealer to cover dark circles. I am 46 with very pale skin and have noticed im getting more purpley under the eye area as i get older i have tried loads of concealers including mineral makeup which i felt just sat in my lines and wrinkles. Im looking for a concealer that isnt too heavy so that it sits in wrinkles and makes them look worse as does some lighter ones which dont cover dark circles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
lorrapaw wrote:
What is a good concealer to cover dark circles. I am 46 with very pale skin and have noticed im getting more purpley under the eye area as i get older i have tried loads of concealers including mineral makeup which i felt just sat in my lines and wrinkles. Im looking for a concealer that isnt too heavy so that it sits in wrinkles and makes them look worse as does some lighter ones which dont cover dark circles.

My favorite concealer for dark circles is Vincent Longo's cream concealer. A little of this product goes along way. If you have a Sephora store in your area you could go and get a sample there. Smile
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Benefit's 'You're Bluffing', which is yellow. Pink or beige concealers make my circles look fainter, but blackish. Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32224
Here's another thread about the same subject.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Please have a look at the following:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=296129
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=278025
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=43705

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
i would highly recommed for the laura mercier eye concerler, very soft and not make any dry lines afer using it. also u can get benefit one also nice but there are only 3 colors to choose from
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I also like the Laura Mercier concealer. I learned about it on this forum and is the best I have found to date.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried id bare minerals concealer? It works like a charm. Covers but is lightweight too. You can apply it with the concealer brush that comes with the kit.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:34 am      Reply with quote
I've heard Cle de Peau has the best concealers hands down, unfortunately it's far too out of my price range
Katie57

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Having just registered with EDS, I thought I would browse and see if anyone else had the same sort of problems as me.

I have had dark circles for some time and needed to use concealer. Then a friend recommended Eye Slices Verve which are eye pads like cucumber slices which have really improved my appearance. I have used them for about two weeks now and the improvement is very obvious. I still use a little concealer as part of my make up routine but find it now conceals.

Does anyone have any advice about 'peeling finger nails' please?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi Browns corrector helps alot but nothing cover up my circles 100%.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Katie57 wrote:
Does anyone have any advice about 'peeling finger nails' please?

Hi Katie, welcome. I've been having good luck with the Trind nailcare system. The two necessary products for peeling are the nail balsam and the nail repair. I also like the nail brightener, but I don't think it's necessary. There's a Trind thread on EDS somewhere, with more information. I got the three products at hellogorgeous.com for $53 and I'm pretty sure you can find them elsewhere as well. HTH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
A couple of years ago (I'm currently 51), I noticed that the normal slightly dark coloration at the inner corners of my eyes was becoming darker. It's my understanding that this is due to thinning of the skin. The best way I've found to deal with it is:
1. primer under eye and on side of nose next to eye(right now, it's Laura Mercier)
2. Paint some Bobbi Brown corrector on your hand and let it warm/soften for a minute or so. Brush it onto the purple areas, then pat gently with your ring finger to blend. This is a thicker concealer, so don't paint it all over or it will settle into lines.
3. With the same brush, apply a small amount of Bobbi Brown tinted eye brightener under the eye. This is a thinner formulation, like a moisturizing lotion, that can be used alone as a concealer/brightener if you don't need much coverage. Let it sit on the skin to dry for 20 seconds or so, then pat to blend. The brightener blends together your skin with the areas that have corrector on them. It will still settle a bit in fine lines, so I pat it again after I finish the rest of my makeup; that seems to work well. I don't set with powder, as it makes my undereye skin look crepey.
4. I like to use Dior Skinflash as a highlighter at the inner eye corners, which also brightens the area.

This sounds like a lot to do, but it really doesn't take much time and makes my eyes look so much better! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
ive tried loccitane's.. and it was horrible. didnt like it. so much of it left.

then tried clinique's as well.. didnt like it..

so far i like none Sad
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Bobbi Browns corrector helps alot but nothing cover up my circles 100%.

Agree totally. It's impossible to cover up circles 100% if you want a natual effect.

Bobbi Browns, YSL and Maxfactor etc. are all good.
rubygirl
5% products discount

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've used concealer for dark circles for ten years. Amazing Cosmetics is THE best one. This stuff is serious coverage. You can try it out at Sephora usually. Try covering up a vein on the back of your hand if you are too scared to put a tester product on your face (like me!)
rubygirl
5% products discount

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
baby wrote:
Have you tried id bare minerals concealer? It works like a charm. Covers but is lightweight too. You can apply it with the concealer brush that comes with the kit.

I love this stuff too. Works GREAT on redness as well. I usually dust some over the liquid concealer I put under my eyes (Amazing Cosmetics).
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend Amazing cosmetics concealer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
my mac concealer works wonders for me, and at times i alternate it with benefit bo-ing.i find bo-ing more dry, making the wrinkles more obvious, but being in cream form, it's easier to manage.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of my friends use Bobbi Brown Concealer Pen

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
i like cle de peau's concealer
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and Cle de Peau Concealer both work very well to cover my dark circles without drying the skin!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I like to use YSL concealer, the color 01# would be very perfect on dark circles.
The brush is very convenient to use, just apply 3 times on the dark circles, and use your ring finger to firm it, then it would be very natural.
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Alot of people rave about Cle de Peau Concealer, personally am using Christine Dior but feel it did not really give me much coverage..so still trying to find one that give me the thumbs up
Sabrinafr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and Cle de Peau Concealer both work very well to cover my dark circles without drying the skin!

Agree. Bobbie Brown corrector also works, but too dry.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |