Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Iodine For Everything
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ginderella
5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
The more research I do on iodine, the more I'm convinced most of us need more. It's in our table salt in the USA, but we're all told to cut way back. Incidentally I'm now only using sea salt ,as it is more balanced than regular sodium chloride. Think of it as white processed sugar versus a more natural form. I haven't used table salt in years and am now using quite a bit. I don't retain water from it and my eyes are no longer puffy in the morning. It naturally contains some iodine, and my food is tasting great again.

After having all of my recent mammograms come back suspicious I found out,areas of the world where they consume lots of seafood and seaweed have much lower cancer rates than us. Google Breast "Cancer and Iodine".

We also have so much hypothyroidism in this country. I was right on the cusp where they want to put you on thyroid meds. Since I've started iodine supplementation my metabolism seems to have speed ed up and I'm also consuming large amounts of coconut oil (use it for cooking and like butter) for weight loss. Check it all out.

Now your doc will tell you we get enough as they wright you a script for more meds and you have to be sure your not allergic, but many people go through bromide detox which is the crap the USA puts in most of our baked goods,(Pepperidge Farms Excepted) which is poison and competes for iodine in our bodies, hence the reason for unpleasant symptoms when you start to supplement and the another reason we are so deficient. Iodine is not added to processed food only to table salt.

So google Iodine and Breast Cancer and Acne and check out how Coconut oil helps weight loss and strengthens the thyroid and how bad, many soy products really are for us.

Sorry for the run ons, but lets get informed and healthy and beautiful.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
How much and what kind are you taking? This is very interesting to me and I will read up on it.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
There are different types. Some people just take the very natural kelp pills, but if your thyroid is sluggish or you have funky mammogram reads, you may wish to order luggols iodine. I was able to find atomodine iodine in my local health food store and am taking 5 drops,twice a day in water, but check out the Cure Zone which will tell you of everyone's experiences and different protocols. I went through a bromide detox where I had headaches and felt like I was drooling for about the first month.

I now eat plenty of sea salt and coconut fat and coconut milk (not the low fat kind) and don't get bloat, puffy morning eyes, (all signs of a sluggish thyroid and don't get sore breast anymore before my period.

I plan to get through 2 bottles worth to get caught up and then switch to kelp pills which are seaweed.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to say, most sites will say iodine aggravates acne but that is only because it is the bromides which are being detoxed out,making bromide sensitive people break out, not the iodine. After you detox it helps to give you beautiful skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
The more research I do on iodine, the more I'm convinced most of us need more. It's in our table salt in the USA, but we're all told to cut way back. Incidentally I'm now only using sea salt ,as it is more balanced than regular sodium chloride. Think of it as white processed sugar versus a more natural form. I haven't used table salt in years and am now using quite a bit. I don't retain water from it and my eyes are no longer puffy in the morning. It naturally contains some iodine, and my food is tasting great again.

After having all of my recent mammograms come back suspicious I found out,areas of the world where they consume lots of seafood and seaweed have much lower cancer rates than us. Google Breast "Cancer and Iodine".

We also have so much hypothyroidism in this country. I was right on the cusp where they want to put you on thyroid meds. Since I've started iodine supplementation my metabolism seems to have speed ed up and I'm also consuming large amounts of coconut oil (use it for cooking and like butter) for weight loss. Check it all out.

Now your doc will tell you we get enough as they wright you a script for more meds and you have to be sure your not allergic, but many people go through bromide detox which is the crap the USA puts in most of our baked goods,(Pepperidge Farms Excepted) which is poison and competes for iodine in our bodies, hence the reason for unpleasant symptoms when you start to supplement and the another reason we are so deficient. Iodine is not added to processed food only to table salt.

So google Iodine and Breast Cancer and Acne and check out how Coconut oil helps weight loss and strengthens the thyroid and how bad, many soy products really are for us.

Sorry for the run ons, but lets get informed and healthy and beautiful.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Hi Ginderella,

I totally agree with the lack of iodine in our diets. I started taking seaweed supplements a few months back (mainly to get my belly flab off) but also I had read about the many benefits of seaweed for health reasons. Now, 3 months later, I can definitely see a difference in my stomach. I'm starting to see "abs" again. Of course, you have to eat right and exercise too, but this area was especially hard to get the fat off of. I've lost about 10 pounds too. I take 6 capsules of Modafilan in the morning before anything else. I found out about it from the Natural News website.

http://poseidonsharvest.com/modifilan/index.php
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Thx so much ginderella for posting this topic. I have been meaning to for some time as I have wanted to show gratitude for all I have learned here at EDS from such generous people!

I too am very involved with iodine & have been taking 125mg Lugol's for 2.5 years now. I too had bromide toxicity (severe due to working in a sick building (it's really the people there that are sick)and this has really detoxified my body.
I don't think I can post links but- you can get the liquid Lugol's at JCrow (%5 or 2%)or the tablets economically at Relentless Improvement.
(some people think the liquid tastes horrible)
Very important to actually take the Lugol's in whatever form as this has been shown to be the most effective. Also much of the Kelp supplements are contaminated with mercury & don't have sufficient quantities of iodine. I believe that the Japanese consume @ 12.5 mg/day in their diets & as you know have very low rates of breast cancer.

Speaking of which - I had a scary thermogram 2.5 years ago which is now normal. (I wouldn't go near a mammogram - they make no sense to me and mainstream medicine is even using thermograms to mark progress or lack thereof in course of chemo/radiation for women with breast cancer.)

Apparently women are curing themselves of breast cancer using iodine & I personally know of 3 who have. Docs testing for iodine (you can get 24 hr urine kit from Hakala labs or FFP labs)have found that 95% of pts tested are deficient and all women that have breast cancer are deficient & have elevated levels of bromine

An excellent & very readable book on iodine is titled - Iodine Why You Need it Why You can't Live without it by David Brownstein. He has other very useful & well written books also.

I personally believe that much of the breast cancer epidemic (at least in this country) is due to bromine toxicity (at least in part)thereby causing iodine deficiency (and a myriad of health problems including hypothyroidism). (bromide is very insidious & aside from being in most flour (go to Whole Foods & buy their yummy baked goods if you can't resist!)it is also part of much of the fire retardant used in furniture, carpeting electronics etc.! Iodine also detoxifies the othe halogens & heavy metals.

I am very grateful to the iodine docs who have endured endless attacks by mainstream docs who are simply ignorant of nutrition & toxicity & who unfortunately for them & their patients subscribe to treating symptoms rather than examining causation.

Hopefully this info will help someone!

PS If a mod reads this perhaps this subject could be moved to a more approprite location in the forums so more will take note.

Health & happiness,

Jennifer
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I see this has been moved to the lounge.

Thx!
ginderella
5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cabrita and Boski for your stories and even more info.
Have either of you tried coconut oil? I love it but my boyfriend doesn't like the taste unless I use it for cooking something sweet or Thai related.

When I tried to include soy products in my diet years ago it made my breasts hurt all the time, like before getting your period. Apparently they say Asians eat far less than American marketers would like us to think and it is different somehow. I think it is fermented or something? Any Asian readers care to comment? So the oil which is in much of our food is bad for the thyroid and the milk and tofu is loaded with estrogens,which are bad for breast tissue? I believe soy sauce is okay because it is fermented. So apparently regular old milk unless your allergic was the better choice after all. People on the Coconut Diet Forum, talk about gaining weight from damage to their thyroids after eating soy products.

It's amazing all the misinformation out there.

Thanks Again

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not Asian but I used to live in Japan. It's true that the Japanese people eat a lot of kelp (especially by American standards), but I'd say that they eat quite a bite of soy products too. Some of the soy products are aged (such as soy sauce), but tofu and soybeans are also daily or near-daily staples there. There are so many kinds of tofu and so many different ways to eat tofu in Japan--- raw tofu with soy sauce and ginger, savory fried tofu, sweet fried tofu, spongy freeze-dried kouya dofu, etc. Just last night I made a traditional Japanese meal that included two different kinds of tofu. Interestingly enough though, it also included quite a bit of kelp! My husband and I actually eat so much kelp (I do a lot of Japanese cooking) that I was actually starting to wonder if we were getting too much iodine, so hearing that some are actually taking iodine supplements is somewhat comforting.^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
Thanks Cabrita and Boski for your stories and even more info.
Have either of you tried coconut oil? I love it but my boyfriend doesn't like the taste unless I use it for cooking something sweet or Thai related.

When I tried to include soy products in my diet years ago it made my breasts hurt all the time, like before getting your period. Apparently they say Asians eat far less than American marketers would like us to think and it is different somehow. I think it is fermented or something? Any Asian readers care to comment? So the oil which is in much of our food is bad for the thyroid and the milk and tofu is loaded with estrogens,which are bad for breast tissue? I believe soy sauce is okay because it is fermented. So apparently regular old milk unless your allergic was the better choice after all. People on the Coconut Diet Forum, talk about gaining weight from damage to their thyroids after eating soy products.

It's amazing all the misinformation out there.

Thanks Again

I had been pondering whether to switch my daughter from organic milk to soy due to the hormones in it and the association to acne. Now the question of soy's affect on hormones is bothering me. I guess I need to investigate coconut and nut based milks.

No, I have never tried coconut oil, but I will look into it, because I've heard it is good for your health.

I wanted to provide another link to the Modifilan extract. This is the manufacturer's site and has much more info in it. The Poseidon site is where I order in bulk. This particular supplement is free of mercury because of where's it's harvested.

http://www.modifilan.com/index.html
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Speaking of which - I had a scary thermogram 2.5 years ago which is now normal. (I wouldn't go near a mammogram - they make no sense to me and mainstream medicine is even using thermograms to mark progress or lack thereof in course of chemo/radiation for women with breast cancer.)

Hi Jennifer. I'm a breast cancer survivor of 3 years. After researching treatment options, I found many alternatives and complementary options to prevent and treat breast cancer. Many of which I use to this day to help keep me healthy. I've been doing great and tumor markers have not shown any activity, so I'm not so worried about recurrence.

But I still see my oncologists on a regular 4-6 month basis due to the fact I had Stage II and a especially aggressive form of cancer. The thing that worries me more are the scans that they use to monitor for recurrence. My radiation oncologist wants me to do mammograms once a year. I'm also subjected to CT scans every 6 months. I'm debating whether to stop these altogether because of the risk of radiation. I have never heard of thermograms. Can you tell me about them and where do I look for resources about them?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
I have never heard of thermograms. Can you tell me about them and where do I look for resources about them?

People often wonder if a thermogram is better than a mammogram, or if they can get a painless thermogram instead of a painful mammogram. Though both tests are used to detect breast cancer, each test has a different purpose.

A thermogram detects subtle heat changes that point to an area of evolving pathology in the breast. This may or may not be cancer. A mammogram is used to detect a mass that has already formed in the breast, often identified by a cluster of calcium specks. By the time a mammogram locates a tumor, it has been growing for at least 5 years.

This site will introduce you to 'Thermography';

http://66.241.252.6/thermography.html

For everything you ever wanted to know about 'Coconut Oil', please enjoy the wealth of information on this site; (Check out the Palm Oil as well.)

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm

I highly recommend the "Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil", and use it internally as well as on my skin.... Awesome stuff!

Wishing you a continued clean bill of health Boski, and I've added you to my ever increasing prayer list ... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mabsy

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm, very interesting. I don't eat seafood (other than occasional fish but nothing else) nor do I eat much seaweed either. I'm not sure if Lugol's is available in Australia but I'll go on a little expedition and look for it. One thing that I am concerned about is that my metabolism is already WAY too fast for its own good and I can't afford to lose more weight. Is losing weight a common thing when one takes iodine supplements?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Hmmm, very interesting. I don't eat seafood (other than occasional fish but nothing else) nor do I eat much seaweed either. I'm not sure if Lugol's is available in Australia but I'll go on a little expedition and look for it. One thing that I am concerned about is that my metabolism is already WAY too fast for its own good and I can't afford to lose more weight. Is losing weight a common thing when one takes iodine supplements?

It did not happen to me!!! I take Kelp supplement iodine 400mcg 3x/week. I did not lose any weight. If I don't watch what I put into my mouth and exercise 5 times a week, my weight goes up, and up, and UP. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

But, I'm almost 20 years older than you...........

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, yes it is available in Australia. I got mine here:www.custommedicine.com.au

I was overweight and I did lose some weight taking it, but not a huge amount, and it certainly didn't rev my metabolism. I don't know how it would affect your body and perhaps the best thing to do would be to email or call the people at custom medicine and ask them. The are compounding chemists and would have considerable experience in how people handle iodine.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
boski wrote:
I have never heard of thermograms. Can you tell me about them and where do I look for resources about them?

People often wonder if a thermogram is better than a mammogram, or if they can get a painless thermogram instead of a painful mammogram. Though both tests are used to detect breast cancer, each test has a different purpose.

A thermogram detects subtle heat changes that point to an area of evolving pathology in the breast. This may or may not be cancer. A mammogram is used to detect a mass that has already formed in the breast, often identified by a cluster of calcium specks. By the time a mammogram locates a tumor, it has been growing for at least 5 years.

This site will introduce you to 'Thermography';

http://66.241.252.6/thermography.html

For everything you ever wanted to know about 'Coconut Oil', please enjoy the wealth of information on this site; (Check out the Palm Oil as well.)

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm

I highly recommend the "Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil", and use it internally as well as on my skin.... Awesome stuff!

Wishing you a continued clean bill of health Boski, and I've added you to my ever increasing prayer list ... Very Happy

Thanks Kassie! I will check it out Smile .
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Is there a blood test to tell if you are deficient in iodine?

I am due for a big blood draining session (last time was 21 tubes, and then they LOST it Rolling Eyes ) so I may as well add in that test if it is reliable!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Is there a blood test to tell if you are deficient in iodine?

I am due for a big blood draining session (last time was 21 tubes, and then they LOST it Rolling Eyes ) so I may as well add in that test if it is reliable!

The most reliable way to check your iodine intake/level is to ask your doctor to order a urine test. Your doctor may also use a blood test to ensure that your thyroid hormone levels are normal.

The most visible consequence of iodine deficiency can be a goitre, or enlarged thyroid gland, which are both apparent during an exam.

If your diet is rich in milk, iodized salt and seafood, you are most likely covering your body's iodine needs. Some veggies are also a good source.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mabsy

Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks MACrisis and luckylouie! And thanks for the link luckylouie, I just went through a few chemists and a health food store this afternoon and none of them had it. I'll order it online and see how I go with it.

Bethany - best test is a urine test. I also read about at home testing - by seeing how quickly iodine is absorbed through the skin (apparently the stain should disappear in 24 hours and not sooner if you're not deficient) - but I have since also read that it's either complete bs or in the least not very reliable Smile http://thyroid.about.com/library/derry/bl2a.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everybody,

Boski - Congrats on being a survivor for 3 yrs!
And thanks to you for your WONDERFUL 302 thread! I have been using Dr H's products for 3 years & love them.

In regards to the thermography the Thermographer I work with is with meditherm (.com) (since I can't post the actual link) I see Kassy has already provided with an excellent link to an intro.

If you do decide to opt for mammograms I would urge you to make absolutely sure that you're iodine sufficient (which in all likelihood you are not due to your hx of breast cancer) as this does protect against radiation. (the very same iodine that is rec. to take in the event of a nuclear event)I say why not just be sufficient
at all times - just like Vitamin D!

Most people think that taking iodine in mcg is the way to go, but not if you are deficient. If you are it's likely you have other halogens residing in your iodine recetor sites & they have to be flooded by iodine in order to make an exit. (there's certainly more to it which is why I urge you to 1st use FFP labs if doing the loading test)

The only accurate way to do this is thru a urine test as others have already suggested. But not just any iodine test & unless your doc is already into iodine it's almost certain they will not order it. You do not need a doc's order or even their interpretation for it though (as the lab provides you with results. It's called the iodine loading test. It can be done thru hakalalabs (.com)or FFP labs (877-900-5556). Hakala
is more economical & what I currently use as I no longer need any clinical guidance. FFP would be a better bet for those unfamiliar with iodine deficiency & tx thereof. In addition to the test results you get a personal phone consult with Dr Flechas who is very knowledgeble & helpful. I actually saw him in person & have the utmost respect for him.
Also available thru both of these labs is detection of the level of bromide as well.

For those interested in learning more breastcancerchoices (.org) has additional extensive info & references.

In regards to coconut oil - I love it - it's great for you! Also I make coconut kefir & it is fabulous too IMHO. I just take 2 cans full fat coconut milk (organic - WFoods has their own brand that is fairly economical & I buy by the case)Then I add one can water (can water down more to make more of a milk consistency - great milk sub & SO much better for you than soy milk!) & 3 tbsp kefir (or 1 packet starter if your 1st batch)& whirl in my Vitamix. Put lids on the jars loose, let sit overnight & voila - Yummy Kefir!!

Hope this helps!
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Hi Everybody,

Boski - Congrats on being a survivor for 3 yrs!
And thanks to you for your WONDERFUL 302 thread! I have been using Dr H's products for 3 years & love them.

In regards to the thermography the Thermographer I work with is with meditherm (.com) (since I can't post the actual link) I see Kassy has already provided with an excellent link to an intro.

If you do decide to opt for mammograms I would urge you to make absolutely sure that you're iodine sufficient (which in all likelihood you are not due to your hx of breast cancer) as this does protect against radiation. (the very same iodine that is rec. to take in the event of a nuclear event)I say why not just be sufficient
at all times - just like Vitamin D!

Most people think that taking iodine in mcg is the way to go, but not if you are deficient. If you are it's likely you have other halogens residing in your iodine recetor sites & they have to be flooded by iodine in order to make an exit. (there's certainly more to it which is why I urge you to 1st use FFP labs if doing the loading test)

The only accurate way to do this is thru a urine test as others have already suggested. But not just any iodine test & unless your doc is already into iodine it's almost certain they will not order it. You do not need a doc's order or even their interpretation for it though (as the lab provides you with results. It's called the iodine loading test. It can be done thru hakalalabs (.com)or FFP labs (877-900-5556). Hakala
is more economical & what I currently use as I no longer need any clinical guidance. FFP would be a better bet for those unfamiliar with iodine deficiency & tx thereof. In addition to the test results you get a personal phone consult with Dr Flechas who is very knowledgeble & helpful. I actually saw him in person & have the utmost respect for him.
Also available thru both of these labs is detection of the level of bromide as well.

For those interested in learning more breastcancerchoices (.org) has additional extensive info & references.

In regards to coconut oil - I love it - it's great for you! Also I make coconut kefir & it is fabulous too IMHO. I just take 2 cans full fat coconut milk (organic - WFoods has their own brand that is fairly economical & I buy by the case)Then I add one can water (can water down more to make more of a milk consistency - great milk sub & SO much better for you than soy milk!) & 3 tbsp kefir (or 1 packet starter if your 1st batch)& whirl in my Vitamix. Put lids on the jars loose, let sit overnight & voila - Yummy Kefir!!

Hope this helps!

Hi Jennifer,

I feel you and I were destined to meet Very Happy and you will be a great source of info for me and others here. I've never "met" another person on 302 for over 3 years. I think people who are content with their skin, go merrily on with life and it's not a big deal, so we never hear of people using 302. I was never into forum posting much either before my 302 thread, more of an occasional lurker for many years.

I know I was iodine deficient (and probably a bunch of other deficiencies as well) when I had breast cancer. I think cancer is a direct reflection of diet, lifestyle, and environment, and not always hereditary or just something that happens to you. Nobody in my family had cancer before me. You can take alot a measures to decrease and prevent cancer from happening. Unfortunately most people will never hear of these options. The cancer business is mainly concerned with treatment, not prevention, which is totally wrong IMO. If anyone are interested in learning what these options are, go towww.naturalnews.com, www.annieappleseedproject.org, and curezone, look up books by Dr Ralph Moss and Tony Isaacs. But don't believe everything you read either. Do your research. Not every alternative/complementary treatment is a valid or effective treatment, just as conventional treatments are not always the best way to go. My rule for anything is that it does no harm, that there are no bad side effects and it has a long track record behind it.

I think since I've started taking the kelp supplements, my iodine is probably much improved, but the tests you suggest will confirm that. Thanks SO much for that link.

I always thought coconut milk as bad, because it's so high in fat. I will have to look into that for sure!

Thanks for all your suggestions!!
ginderella
5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Alright ladies... I want to be in the love-fest club too...

I'm so glad to get interest on this topic. I was holding out with this info, thinking as many of my acquaintances listen politely, and then want to get their prescriptions and never question their doctors.

People don't realize that in land locked areas where there is no iodine in the soil, like the USA mid-west, there were so many incidences of goiters that the women would give birth to babies with a type of retardation called cretinism, hence the term (Cretin). It was so rampant that the region was called the goiter belt. 'm not sure but I think they started to iodize salt in the 1920's. Iodine is just as important if not more so than calcium. If you take calcium, you should also at least be eating some form of high iodine food.

Just like doctors are realizing the need to prescribe vitamin D, they need to be aware of the immense need for iodine. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said "it is in your salt",and I said "but I never use table salt because you tell me not to). Fast food and processed foods don't use iodized salt can you believe how unaware most doctors are about nutrition?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Boski,

Thanks for your kind remarks! I can tell you (from having read many of your posts) that we have much in common! BTW your skin is lovely! Will have to pick your brain further re your techniques - on the 302 thread!

Glad to hear you found some of my info of value.
Keep us posted if you decide to do the Iodine Loading Test.

Hi ginderella,

I know just what you mean! It really is a travesty
that most docs are clueless re health maintenance.

I have spent the last 30 years (esp the last 16 years since I became disabled as a result of a chemical injury) learning how to regain & then maintain my health. And I must say without much help from docs. Although I have learned much from some alternative ones & this has been invaluable.

And yes many of us have heard not to worry about iodine as it is in our salt. Of course as you know it is not adequate in iodine, has other pollutants & does have any trace minerals.
I have found that sea salt can also be an issue as it often contains bromide (naturally occuring) & this can be an issue for those of us with elevated bromine. Salt Your Way to Health (by David Brownstein) is a very useful guide.

Oh I see it's getting late - must prepare for work tomm. Goodnight!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
Just like doctors are realizing the need to prescribe vitamin D, they need to be aware of the immense need for iodine. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said "it is in your salt",and I said "but I never use table salt because you tell me not to). Fast food and processed foods don't use iodized salt can you believe how unaware most doctors are about nutrition?

Oh my...that would be me too!

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I can see iodine is good for you - it has to be since it tastes gross! Smile

ginderella - Do you by any chance know the concentration of the Lugol's from custommedicine.com.au? I'd like to figure out what that 8 drop dose is equivalent to... TIA!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |