Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kose Astalution Eye Zone Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I caught up over brunch with the lovely Tiger_tim today, who was very generous to bring me a couple of the Kose masks she mentioned when I raved about the Valmont eye mask. Long story short, I am on the search for a mask that comes closest to the Valmont in terms of effectiveness.

Perhaps the most surprising thing about the Kose Astalution Eye Zone Mask is its colour - BRIGHT ORANGE! The mask comes in sachets which contain a set of masks - these are basically paper masks (in the usual shape for the eye zone area) that are very generously infused by an equally generously orange essence. I wasn't too sure what the claims behind the product were but I found the following on beautykat.com:

Quote:
Kose Astalution Eye Zone Mask (10 pairs) contains exclusive hydrating and anti-oxidant ingredients, which are extracted from marine organism, for ultra anti-aging and smoothing results. The extracted ingredient is one of a kind of Carotene, which has known as an anti-aging ingredient that founded in carrot, tomato, salmon roe and red alga, for smoothing out rough and dry skin texture.

The eye mask also contains high level of collagen to improve the firmness and elasticity of under eye areas.

The eye mask is made of special material that can be glide and stay on the skin easily.

The skin care essence contained in the mask is in light peach shade that will be disappeared once the essence is absorbed by the skin.

I applied this mask, had a bit of a giggle about the colour of it and how ridiculous it looked on my rather pale skin, and then had to lie down so the masks (which are VERY wet) wouldn't slide down my face. They DO slide down, even walking over to the couch to lie down caused them to slip a few centimeters. So, this is not something you can do while multi-tasking. The bright orange, btw, does not stick around. There is some left over serum when you take the masks off but you're supposed to massage that in and then the orange mostly disappears, the rest you just wipe off with a tissue.

Onto the results. The mask does get 5 stars for hydration - it left my eye area very well moisturised and also smoothed. As I mentioned in my earlier eye mask reviews, I don't have much of a problem with saginess or wrinkles so I can't comment on how this mask would work for those. One thing though that is for sure is that I saw no results other than the hydration/smoothing. No increased brightness of the eye area, no reduction in dark circles, no reduction in the visible veins (which is what impressed me so much about the Valmont eye mask in the first place). So, overall it's a good mask if all you need is hydration and a bit of smoothing, otherwise I think you can find better.

Before I forget, apparently the Astalution like does contain extracts from crustaceans, so may not be suitable to those who are allergic to seafood.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing! I don't think I'll try this eye mask later, you are right, maybe it's just good at hydration and it's instant and can't last long.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Kose Production always contain a lot of Chinese Medicine technique, so I love it. I feel this to be safe, and could help me change my skin condition slowly, and effectively!
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Though Kose said their production always contain a lot of Chinese Medicine technique,but when I betaked the products,I smell too many alcohol in it,it a little fillip,so I feel people whohave a thin skin carefulness to try.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |