Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Omnilux
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this LED? I saw it in a recent magazine that it was FDA approved and similar to what they use in the derm's office.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have it. (which gadgets do I NOT have, lol!).

I quite like it, you alternate red and amber lights. The lights, esp. the red are very strong though, make sure you wear your goggles when using.

I also use Pro-light and other numerous gadgets as well. (not enough hours in the day!)

I have been using it for approx. 4 months now, iirc. Very Happy
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lipglossdoll,
If you have a chance..I'dlove to know what improvments you've seen with this led over the past 4 months?
Which Prolight do you have?
...and why did you decide to go with his led?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was interested in Omnilux due to the fact is is FDA cleared and proven to treat eye wrinkles. (also, they had a good sale at spalook.com, lol!).

I have the amber pro-light, received it during the christmas special they had, (for demo models).

I find my skin tone is much improved when using the LED's, love my other gadgets as well, esp. the STOP system. Very Happy
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lipglossdoll...
how often does the manufacturer recommended you use the omnilux..(I tried to get on their site..but the pages explaining the product weren't available..at least on my computer)..

I like the way uyou combined the more expensive professional prolight amber..with the not-as-expensive red & amber omnilux light..actually that combo seems interesting to me.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll,
I did more research on this forum and online and found info on the omnilux...but the info i found said it had red and infrared lights..(i read somewhere 633 and 830) but didn't mention amber....does your unit have amber lights also?

lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi, yes, when you switch the machine on one way it is red lights, the other way it is amber, hths. Very Happy
miss aqua m

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
Has anyone tried this LED? I saw it in a recent magazine that it was FDA approved and similar to what they use in the derm's office.

This is one of the led hand-held machines that I have considered buying. I still haven't decided. I'm still tossing up between 3. Lightstim, Prolights and Omnilux. The first 2 have shipping rates that are about US$30 to OZ and the Omnilux is less because they now sell it here in the hand-held version. I think Omnilux is from the UK. I do believe that Omnilux has the amber lights.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Omnilux New-U does not have amber lights. Only red (633nm) and infrared (830nm). When you switch to infrered lights there are 2 big amber lights lit up (right up corner and left lower corner). It's just letting you know "the infrered lights are working". HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for clarifying MACrises..it was puzzling to read the specs online stating it was red ans infrared (633 qnd 830)..and having people who owned the device saying it had amber, too. Now i understand.

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
does anybody know where they sell the omnilux device for the cheapest price?
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy,

CVS sells them for $225 minus $10 for items totalling over $60(and free shipping!) and minus another $5 if you use a mastercard and click in a code (i believe the code is MASTERCARD...but it's on there site so you can se for sure)

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:09 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Kandy,

CVS sells them for $225 minus $10 for items totalling over $60(and free shipping!) and minus another $5 if you use a mastercard and click in a code (i believe the code is MASTERCARD...but it's on there site so you can se for sure)

ok cool, thanks! Sounds like a better price, though still too expensive imo ! Rolling Eyes
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
kandy,
have you read the threads on leds on this forum ?

i just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the fact that some led users really feel the amber lights are important for best led anti-aging effects..

i'm not suggesting that that would be true for you.. as there is controversy..and of course..differing individual need... around this issue..just want to make sure you are aware ...

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:49 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
kandy,
have you read the threads on leds on this forum ?

i just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the fact that some led users really feel the amber lights are important for best led anti-aging effects..

i'm not suggesting that that would be true for you.. as there is controversy..and of course..differing individual need... around this issue..just want to make sure you are aware ...

I've heard about the amber lights, but didn't know what their properties were, thanks for letting me know! Very Happy Very Happy
I'm now more interested in the AALS Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |