Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Could this grow lashes just as well as the expensive stuff?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
So it has been brought to my attention that some ladies in another forum have had success in growing and thickening up their lashes with adding silk amino acid to their mascara (clear or black) and then at night applying castor oil to their lashes. I have read stuff about castor oil and lashes on EDS but was wondering what you wise women of the forum think about this silk amino acid....Could this be the cost effective way to grow our lashes?
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I would be careful of anything I put on my eyelashes because when you do close your eyes whatever was on your lashes go on the delicate under eye area. So I would say no, stick to eye serums formulated especially for the eye lashes.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I would not add anything your mascara. If you choose to use a lash treatment use it separately.

I have used castor oil in the past with good results.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
dnt know about silk amino acids, but i used to use castor oil in a mix applied at night using an old mascara brush, and also use castor oil around my eyes several times a week in the form of OCM.

This def gave my lashes some oomph, its not reallly WOW when i dnt have mascara on, but now I have a lot of trouble applying mascara without ending up with drag queen type lashes, which never happened before. I actually really lightly use my almost dried out clinique mascara since it colours the tips of my lashes without looking overdone. so yes, I would recommend using castor oil in some form - give it a month and see if you notice a difference.

I also think vaseline gives the same results, but I know a lot of people are against vaseline on the face in this forum so will not push that!

if you've heard that castor oil works, why bother with silk amino acids? castor oil is no doubt cheaper! is the SAA supposed to speed up the process or something?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Well, in any case, castol oil, vaseline, silk amino acids would be safer to try out as eyelash growth enhancer compared to the medical drug for glaucoma that people are now touting for this purpose. I personally would be wary about using medical strength drugs because there's no telling what might be the long term effects of the medication in case some did get into the eyes.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
What's silk amino acid?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
where would one buy silk amino acids?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
angelwings1226 wrote:
So it has been brought to my attention that some ladies in another forum have had success in growing and thickening up their lashes with adding silk amino acid to their mascara (clear or black) and then at night applying castor oil to their lashes. I have read stuff about castor oil and lashes on EDS but was wondering what you wise women of the forum think about this silk amino acid....Could this be the cost effective way to grow our lashes?
Having tried two of the methods to grow lashes being the Talika conditioning cream and the wand style; both did nothing for me. I think the best value for longer lashes is to just wear false eyelashes. Theres no magical potion to grow your eyelashes.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Castor oil for years and years, and lash growth products for about nine months or so. Castor oil is good, but would not produce results of lash growth products. It just makes lashes healthier and vital, as opposed to growing extra lengths. Currently I use both.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
not everyone seems to have seen extra length with castor oil but just to note that I did - clearly different things work for different people, so no harm in giving it a try

i had a quick look for silk amino acids, as someone mentioned this in another forum and was referred to a UK website where they sell it very cheaply (£1.50 for 10g, and p&p only £1.14)

for interested UKers:
http://www.ofasimplenature.co.uk/
anjanaagrawal1

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I used mascara and castered oil, but they couldn't give me satisfied results. I consult with my friends if they have knowledge about mascara who can satisfied me. One of my friends suggests me everlashing grow eyeliner. I used this eyeliner and got very impressive results. It has also no side - effects.
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:15 am      Reply with quote
the best thing for growing eyelashes is still bimatoprost 0.03% (ie. latisse). It prolongs the growing stage of the eyelashes and hence makes sense. I don't see how castor oil can do the same.
Margaritis
5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:56 am      Reply with quote
There is also this product Revita EPS Eyelash Growth Stimulator from DS Labs.

According to the company, contains a peptide complex that encourages eyelashes to grow up to 25% longer in just two weeks.

Representing the most recent developments in biotechnology, the formula works to encourage eyelash growth whilst improving the overall health of the eyelid. Clinically proven and fast-working, the Revita EPS technology stimulates the expression of keratin genes leading to longer, thicker and more defined lashes.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Having tried several of the lash treatments sold, castor oil and careprost I would say only one grew them out hands down, the careprost.
I did use castor oil for the longest and although it did help, it also dried them out. The store treatments were just okay.
I would not give up my careprost now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Have to go for the Careprost. It took a while, about 12-14 weeks, but there was huge growth!! I actually had to stop using it for awhile as my eyelashes were getting 'nearly' too long.

I had no side effects and I have very sensitive eyes. No lash fall when I stopped either which I was worried about. I have just this week started back on it.

I did try a few others but nothing worked before Careprost.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Be very careful of applying DIY products to your eyelashes. EDS offers some great eyelash enhancers like revitalash Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |