Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
do you use eye cream on your eye lid?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: do you use eye cream on your eye lid?

yes
85%
 85%  [ 30 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 35

fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
do you use eye cream on your eye lid?
i use eye cream on my eye lid,but some people wouldn't do that,
what do you think?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use a generic prescription tretinoin cream at 0.01% strength. I am prone to having bumps around my eye area and my dermatologist advised me to use tretinoin to help prevent them.
irunchik
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I dont do it currently, but now you got me curious maybe I should???? Bad Grin
Mabsy

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
It really depends on whether it's a cream or a gel, how rich they are and whether they have any actives (like AHA, retin A, etc). If the cream/gel is light and has no serious actives then the answer for me is "yes, sometimes".

5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I use eye cream on eye lid.I remember there is a massage picture in the introduction of EL ANR eye complex, including eye lid.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 am      Reply with quote
yes, with exception of retinol creams. If I do not put a moisturizing cream on my eye lids, they get very dry and crepey. I also put vit.C serum and Devita sunscreen on the eye lids.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
frankmcs wrote:
Yes, I use eye cream on eye lid.I remember there is a massage picture in the introduction of EL ANR eye complex, including eye lid.

EL ANR eye complex's texture is more like gel.i have to add other layer cream after it since it not rich enough for my eye area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
It's also important to apply eye cream on eye lip to prevent slack.

Smile
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
yes.I apply the eye cream of natural brands on the eyelids.but for the brands like Cellex-C, I don't do that.
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
To apply on the lid or not is a question.
For me, the eye zone product should be used if no irritation or sting happens. I always apply the eye cream around the whole area.
And I couldn't agree with Mabsy more.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just started putting eyecream on my eyelids two days ago. I noticed I am getting some lines on my lids Shock and freaked out. I always use eyecream for my undereye area. Hope I don't breakout on my eyelids.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Yes I do. If I don't,my eyelids get very dry.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I also use it on my eye lids, for my skin is very dry and it really needs a moisture.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I never know that the eye cream cannot be used on eye lid.So,I use eye cream around my eyes. Smile
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use eye cream on my eye lids, otherwise the eye lids would be very dry, even some tiny wrinkles.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very careful of the cream that I apply around my eye and yes I do dab some on my eyelids too to keep them plump. I dot the eye serum around and be careful not to stretch the delicate eye area.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
AS others have already stated, I feel it is necessary to use some kind of cream on my eyelids or else they would indeed get very dry. I'm careful of the ingredients in the cream that I use. I have very sensitive skin so I cannot use just anything on the eyelid. Right now I'm using ZO Olluminate Intensive Eye Repair and there is no irritation when I place a little on the eyelid.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
When I use eye cream I use it on eye lid. But recently I just feel lazy and use my face cream instead. Very Happy
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I started using a cream for my upper lids just a year ago and am so glad I did - as it has changed them tremendously.

I used to only occasionally put something there before, but what I'm using now has really improved them a lot.

My eyes use to have crepey skin that pulled when I applied eye makeup and hung loosely on top of my lashes. They no longer do this. They have tightened up considerably and lost the crepyness. They bounce back when I pinch them a lot faster than before. And they've moved back from the lashes some - revealing some of the lower part of the upper lid.

I'm using Skin Biology's Night Eyes right now. A year ago, I started out with the SB Super GHK Cream, then I progressed to the Night Eyes Premier and am now on the regular Night Eyes. These are copper peptides and are very strong, so it is recommended to start with the weakest CP and move slowly with it (diluting it at first)before moving up to stronger CPs. I followed these steps so I would avoid any 'uglies' that can come from using these strong skin remodelers.

I was totally amazed at what the CPs did for my upper lids. I used CPs on the rest of my face too (with great success) but my eyes showed the most improvement. They still have some improvement to go, but I had been investigating an upper bleph, and have put that off now.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I use moisturizing eye cream on upper lids, but don't use eye cream with actives on upper lids.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Yup. My eyelids can get really dry, but I'm careful to apply very very sparingly becuase I used to get lots and lots of milia back when I was young and far too generous with using eye creams Wink
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
no, i'm afraid the eye cream will be too rich and cause milia seeds. I just apply on my eye bags, and the inner corners of my eye where i see fine lines appearing.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
if i do not use eye cream on your eye lid, then what kind of production should be used on this area?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:47 am      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
if i do not use eye cream on your eye lid, then what kind of production should be used on this area?

I agree. My eyelids are one of the driest spots on my face
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I used to ..but when i started to use diy essential oil serums about 7 months ago..i stopped..since my eyes were sensitive to the ingredients...and i have found that my eyelids actually look younger without putting anything on them...

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |