Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
help!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shooshta

Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:33 am      Reply with quote
hi all i m 22 yrs old...and a med student so kant really do much justice 2 my skin...its like its kinda oily and badly neds cleansing every day cuz i live in over polluted city...i feel as if my pocket money jus is suked down the drain like anything cuz 4 sum reason i get black heads all over my nose n cheeks n above my eyebrows..sigh i m jus sick of goin 2 parlours n all 4 gettin dem removed....
n jus becuz of my bloack heads i look extremely untidy ...n dont give a fresh look...
i dont even know how 2 cleanse my face its jus that i use johnsons face wash nowadays ..previous 2 dat i have used cuticura n klean n kare stuff...i keep changin dem...cuzi dont know what stuff is meant 4 my skin..kan sum1 PHaleeeeeeeeez tell me any good face wash or kleanser in brands like klean n care ...etude or any well known coy world wide...and also da way of daily face kleansing..
i have heard daily face kleansing aint good 4 skin.......?????????? is dat true!!!!
my second problem is im sick of my facial thin hair..i bleach dem . they really show in sunlight shining GOLDEN YELLOW all over my cheex n side burns..its that i have hispanic complexion n dark hair so i look kinda weired...at da same tyme i have started elektolysis of my side burns but i kant really do it all over my face so kan sum1 kindly sugest me how 2 get rid of dem or atleast sum way so dat they dont show..........
and my last request wud b ..kan sum1 PLZZZZZZZZZ recommend me sum fairness cream nota foundationd that kind of conceals all da high pigmented area of sum famous brand that kan b easily available in market.............
reall lookin 4ward 4 u guys help.........
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Welcome shoosta! Very Happy

I have to say that I'm not good at translating sms write, but I think that you may need to try and exfoliate. Also using a cleanser with BHA/AHA would help with exfoliating.
Re hair problem. Are you a gal or guy? If you are a guy what's the problem with dark facial hair? If you are a girl...I see your problem! You could try waxing or facial depilatories.
When you post next time, imagine you are writing toone of your medical professors. Some of us are quite elderly (but thanks to cosmeceuticals we all look 25!) and don't understand the young way of writing. HTH
Liz Cool

PS almost forgot...wear sunscreen if nothing else...well appart from clothes obviously Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:13 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

Some of us are quite elderly (but thanks to cosmeceuticals we all look 25!) and don't understand the young way of writing.

Liz (if I remember correctly), you absolutely crack me up...whenever I see your name, even if the thread doesn't particularly interest me, I always look bcause I enjoy your posts so much. Not only are you knowlegeable, you are hysterical (and, I'm sure, absolutely gorgeous!) Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Aww shucks! Embarassed

Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
well.............. Surprised i m not a gurl not yet a woman...i need sum tyme a moment that iz mine........sigh.....ofcourse i m a female das y i m concerned bout da hair
n as far as this waxing is concerned i have tried it b4 n it sux....cuz when da hair regrows withiin a week or so it appears as if u have jus shaved ur face,,u know short greenish thick pinching hair...............!!so waxin aint any use
n as far as exfoliatorz r concerned i want 2 know any good company's reliable and tested NAME....i know dere r a millionz of exfoliarors in da market but i kame here so dat if anybuddy has used a partikular brand n it has proved 2 b good den lemme know
n PHaleeeeez dont jus tel me all those ingredients..cuz i m sick of it...u know that use such n such exfoliator that has alfo keto butyric hydroxy testosterone naino nicotinic dinukleatide n allllllllllllll cuz IT SUXXXXXXXXXXXXX
anywas ty a lot 4 ur reply
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
eerm sorry shooshta...didn't get that last bit...OK waxing is out, but the rest? sorry you lost me. Can you try and use simple english? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Shooshta,

Please read the Announcement with the green folder that was posted by Mabsy, especially focus on the section reads:

INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
In a nutshell, please be considerate of others when posting here and please keep in mind that cultural differences may exist. Please also consider your style of writing when posting on these forums, e.g. posts written in upper case or using sms-style abbreviations can be difficult and annoying to read.

As a medical professional myself, I actually find your writing lack in clarity and somewhat a disgrace to the professionalism of the medical community. I don't mean to say that you have to write in a formal, proper fashion. However, out of courtesy for all those very helpful and enthusiastic forum members, you should certainly show your respect by at least distinctly stating your problems and/or any comments that you would like to share.

Using appropriate/understandable language not only shows of respect for yourself but also to the others. In return, we will gladly show you ours.

Moshimoshi~
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ummm.....Where have i been? I don't even know what sms style is? I do know that I can barely understand it. Who invented this style of writing and how can we make it stop? Just kidding Shoosta - I'm sure you're a love - I'm just an old poop who can only read old style!!

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Ummm.....Where have i been? I don't even know what sms style is? I do know that I can barely understand it. Who invented this style of writing and how can we make it stop?
Maria Laughing

Like you, Maria, I haven't a clue about sms. In fact, had never seen it before honeylips used it in previous posts.

I don't consider myself "old", but this is definitely foreign to me! Laughing

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
sms is what the kids use when sending phone text messages it is quicker to write and they all understand it. I can understand quite a lot but then I do have 3 teenage too slightly older children, whom all like to keep me updated.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Yep, I'm with you guys on the SMS text...I haven't got a clue what Shoosta was saying and I'm only a 35-year-old poop! Smile

I think it's important for the rest of the world to know that text messaging hasn't really caught on in America (aside from those teenagers passing "notes" in class) so we don't understand a word of it. I think Americans don't utilize text messaging because our celluar providers charge the same price or sometimes even a higher fee to text or to talk....bottom line: you've got to spell it out to the Yanks in plain English (or even British English! Wink Very Happy).

Carrie
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I truly don't think this is an issue of age gap or us "oldies" aren't catching up with the advances of text messaging. I just turned 30 and I got headache trying to read Shooshta's message, let alone trying to make sense of it!!!

I think this is an issue of having common courtesy and being respecful and considerate, especially when asking for help and/or favor from the others... Poor Guapagirl, being herself so enthusiatic and helpful, is probably poking her eyes out and frying her brain trying to figure out what's going on This is just plain RUDE!!!

Well, I may sound harsh on Shooshta, but being that she may become one of my colleagues in the future, I would expect a lot more than this...
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:43 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Yep, I'm with you guys on the SMS text...I haven't got a clue what Shoosta was saying and I'm only a 35-year-old poop! Smile

I think it's important for the rest of the world to know that text messaging hasn't really caught on in America (aside from those teenagers passing "notes" in class) so we don't understand a word of it. I think Americans don't utilize text messaging because our celluar providers charge the same price or sometimes even a higher fee to text or to talk....bottom line: you've got to spell it out to the Yanks in plain English (or even British English! Wink Very Happy).

Carrie
lol
You say tomayto I say tomato
Lori
shooshta

Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
my o my Rolling Eyes phewwwwwww!!!
my dear respected readers...i feel BOMBARDED!!! i guess i was here for some help but instead got english classes and instructions and all.........
well anyways thanks a lot..it might improve my personality...
i used that way of typing because its easy to write ...so i am really very SORRY if anybody is actually offended by that( i wonder if there is actually someone)
but the problem remains the same.........can any nice soul comment on that as well
thanks'
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Shooshta -

Someone will be more than happy to help...it's just that we didn't understand your question/s.
As someone-else mentioned, not everyone on this forum is familiar with SMS texting so we aren't able to translate your post. If you would ask it again in plain English, I promise you someone will be more than happy to help you find the answer/s you need.

Carrie
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
LOl! Very Happy
My dear! how nice to see you again! Do take a seat...care for some tea? Now, tell all us oldies about your problems...
Seriously...I got that you have blackheads? Is your skin pretty oily? I think the original suggestion to exfoliate is a good one, but there are many ways to do that. I think I'm right in saying that physical (using scrubs etc) is not good for skin which suffers from acne, but I think if you aren't erupting then a simple granular, or even face cloth may be good for you. I think some of the other members may recommend using a chemical exfoliant that has AHA or BHA. You sometimes see this as salicylic and glycolic acid. this can come in face washes, serums or creams and they basically disolve away the top layer of your skin. In high enough concentrations they will actually peel your skin off! (beleive me on this...I didn't get my sig for nothing!). My gues is that as a student you are prbably brassic so you don't want to go really high end. My recommendation is to use neutrogena visibly clear 2 in 1 wash and mask. It has the chemical peel stuff to lift off dead skin and makes a nice 2x a week mask to purify and clean out blackheads. You could also try pore strips...they are like elastoplast...you put 'em on your nose and pull off...they suck all the crap out of your pores...it's very satisfying Very Happy Avoid any toners or lotions with alcohol...they dry your skin out and it makes more oil...use a simple light moisturiser and wear sunblock. I realise that living in a polluted city you may be tempted to wash all the time...try not to as again you will just dry your skin out and make more oil. Make sure you drink pleanty of fluids...not just tea, coffee or fizzy stuff.
As far as hair on your face goes...I really don't know...if it's soft and downy, I personally think it's kinda cute. If it isn't or you really hate it and waxing makes it worse, then I guess you will have to go for electrolysis or laser removal. Don't be conned into thinking that these are necessarily permenant though, cos they aint. I have a friend who has tried everything and it still grows back. Unfortunatly for her, her hair was very coarse and it kept comming back thicker. She wishes she'd left it alone now...hindsight is such a marvelous thing Rolling Eyes
I suspect that you will get loads more suggestions. Read 'em, look up the stuff on the shelves, decide what you can afford and go for it. But remember, nothing happens overnight...you need to give any skincare a month or so to work.
HTH, Liz Cool

Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
awwwwwwwwwww that wz so showeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ( sweet) liz..........i really do appreciate ur help..
now i m left wid only one Q..facial hair..they r very fine n soft..so i bleach them..but since i have hispanic complexion so they show on my face ...anyways..my Q is wil electrolysis make my hair thick!!?????????? and coarse?????????
and as far as that neutrogena 2 in 1 wash n mask is concerned , i l definitely try it..infact i might get it tomorrow..i hope it works !!!
thanks once again..it seems like ur not 1 of those oldies cuz atleast u can understand the nature of a Q even if its in a sms text way or whatever these ppl kall it..........
Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
shooshta,

My mom's friend has electrolysis done and it makes her hair grow back thinner, and it has stopped growing back in some areas. It does affect people differently though. I also know men who've gotten the laser hair removal on their backs and I've never noticed the hair to get thicker. I'm not sure if they do laser on the face though...

There may also be creams that prohibit hair growth, I know jergens has one for the legs, perhaps there's one for the face? They also make Nair that can be used on the face, have you tried them?
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
moshimoshi wrote:

As a medical professional myself, I actually find your writing lack in clarity and somewhat a disgrace to the professionalism of the medical community. I don't mean to say that you have to write in a formal, proper fashion. However, out of courtesy for all those very helpful and enthusiastic forum members, you should certainly show your respect by at least distinctly stating your problems and/or any comments that you would like to share.

Using appropriate/understandable language not only shows of respect for yourself but also to the others. In return, we will gladly show you ours.

Moshimoshi~

Thank you, thank you Moshimoshi .I thought it was just me as I had the hardest time trying to figure out what was written. if you can't understand what is written, you can't offer any kind of help.
Mabsy

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:23 am      Reply with quote
shooshta wrote:
thanks once again..it seems like ur not 1 of those oldies cuz atleast u can understand the nature of a Q even if its in a sms text way or whatever these ppl kall it..........
Smile

No offence, but it has nothing to do with "these people" not understanding sms-style of writing. I think it's a matter of courtesy to make sure that someone does not have to sit there and decipher your question when they are actually trying to help you. In fact, what you will find is that a lot of people will give up and not bother to read your post to the end because it's too time consuming to read it. If you could rephrase the question then I'm sure you'd get more replies.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
No offence, but it has nothing to do with "these people" not understanding sms-style of writing. I think it's a matter of courtesy to make sure that someone does not have to sit there and decipher your question when they are actually trying to help you. In fact, what you will find is that a lot of people will give up and not bother to read your post to the end because it's too time consuming to read it. If you could rephrase the question then I'm sure you'd get more replies.
Well said, Mabsy! I was getting a migraine trying to decipher it and simply gave up....
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
hahahaha u guys are hilarious
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
What a difference 5 years has made! I know this has nothing to do with the original topic, but I had no trouble reading Shoosta's posts. It may be sad but true, but texting is the main way I communicate with my kids, husband, and even some friends! The times, they are a changin'... Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |