Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LED light therapy, Baby Quasar and Lightstim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I have read a few forums about the various LED machines. There are so many comments and useful information, but I have a couple of specific questions. I have looked on the web sites but thought I would ask the experts here.

Are the Lightstim and BQ basically the same, do they use exactly the same technology, the same light frequencies, the same strength, etc?

Are they also the same as the LED light therapy but hand-held? I was considering buying the tabletop version but most people seem to prefer the hand-held ones. Is this just a matter of convenience in that you can use it while doing other things? Is the strength the same?

Can you continue to use the active treatments like retinol, vit c, etc while using these machines or do you need to use specific creams that go with the machines? I noticed in one thread it was suggested to use retinol after the LED. Is this correct?

The BQ says the red light is for anti-aging, but the blue light also deals with many aging problems such as fine lines, sun damage and age spots. I have some pigmentation and fine lines with deeper lines from lip to nose and some starting on my cheeks. I don't know which one I should use.

Finally, have any Aussies used them, and if so, where did you buy them. If in Australia, where? If from EDS or the US, did you have any problems with the voltage? I notice BQ says it has an adaptor for 240V.

I think that's it for now. I would really appreciate any one's advice. TIA.
havana8

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Your best best would be to try doing a search, miss anna, as there are loads and loads of posts and threads on both the Lightstim and BQ devices (plus many others) in the Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare forum that answer all your questions below. There's also a thread called "How do I decide on a LED device?" discussing technical aspects of the various LEDs that you might find informative.

Here's are a few of the many threads to get you started:

Baby Quasar, Lightstim, Tanda **review of all three**
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26120&highlight=tanda

Quasar Light Therapy
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15282
-- this one's a monster thread!!

Anti-Aging LightStim
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297&highlight=lightstim

How do I decide on a LED device?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28996&highlight=choose+led

wave
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for those links havana8. There is a lot of information there. I particularly like the one on 'How do I decide...'. It will take me some time to make a decision although I think I'm narrowing it down. That will give me time to save the money anyway Laughing

I would still be interested in any Australian ladies that have bought an LED device and where. I have a couple of places I will ring but am not sure if I can buy them here or not. If I buy from overseas I think the postage and tax will make it quite expensive.
havana8

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Thanks a lot for those links havana8. There is a lot of information there. I particularly like the one on 'How do I decide...'. It will take me some time to make a decision although I think I'm narrowing it down. That will give me time to save the money anyway Laughing

I would still be interested in any Australian ladies that have bought an LED device and where. I have a couple of places I will ring but am not sure if I can buy them here or not. If I buy from overseas I think the postage and tax will make it quite expensive.

Yes, the 'How' do I decide' thread is really helpful. Our more technical EDSers went to a lot of work in that thread! By the way, you should come across posts from Keliu in some of the LEDs threads––I believe she has both a BQ and a LightStim and is in Australia... Smile

Here also is the Prolight thread....

ProLight Platinum LED
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28775&highlight=prolight
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |