Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can anything actually boost collagen under the eye area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Can anything boost collagen under the eye area where you can tell a difference. I have been noticing that my eyes look better after I have cried or gotten little sleep. I guess this means that my eyes are lacking puffiness, therefore I need more collagen? I have been using Vitamin C for a year and can't tell any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shelly! It sounds like you lack volume in the eye area, is that what it looks like? I have had good results using facial massage to stimulate collagen-building in the hollows of my eyes. You use your body's own healing ability to plump up the areas on your face that lose volume as we age. Here is a thread you might find interesting:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17697

Hope it helps and let us know!
fawnie

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
hi, ive been wondering this same thing myself, i would recommend you check out facial exercises as some people do show results in/report a decrease in hollowness under the eye.

im just starting out today with the facial exercises, fingers crossed! you can do a search for facial exercise threads, the flexeffect and ageless if you dare seem to be well recommended

otherwise, maybe try something to thicken the skin under your eyes - i think emu oil is reported to have this kind of effect. Also, maybe something with HA (hyaluronic acid) and matrixyl to plump up the area, apparently matrixyl can stimulate collagen?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Hi Shelly! It sounds like you lack volume in the eye area, is that what it looks like? I have had good results using facial massage to stimulate collagen-building in the hollows of my eyes. Hope it helps and let us know!
fawnie

I also have started to get good results building the undereye area with facial massage.. Just a warning though; You could get a little worse for a short time, but stick with it, and then the magic happens.

In addition to the thread fawnie suggessted, you should also check out the Flex Effect forum, for lots of 'massage' information;

http://flexeffect.proboards19.com/

And here is a video from U-Tube, that really helped me to get the hang of facial massage in general;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5KxWUMGyo

Oh, and don't be afraid to really dig in... It's scary at first, because we've always been told to be gentle and delicate, but it really works!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses and links Very Happy
I will give it a go for sure, my husband already thinks I am off my rocker with the beauty regimen - he's gonna love this Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
shellybutorac wrote:
Thanks for the responses and links Very Happy
I will give it a go for sure, my husband already thinks I am off my rocker with the beauty regimen - he's gonna love this Confused

LOL! My poor hubby just walks by and shakes his head laughing hysterically at me and my antics..

Poor thing got booted into the guest bathroom a year ago, because I didn't have enough room for my toys and potions.. Laughing It's a real girlie girl room now, with not a can of Right Guard in sight!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
shellybutorac wrote:

Ha! Welcome to the club, as Kassy says, we're all nuts here!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie and Kassy A,
Hey can I ask which facial exercise program you guys are doing?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have been massaging under the eyes, and the originally paper thin skin has thickened out quite nicely. It doesn't take much time out of my day. It definitely works.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
shellybutorac wrote:
Fawnie and Kassy A,

I have both programs and I do a combination of both, depending on what my face tells me it needs. Massage is very helpful in stressing the tissue to "beef" it up. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I have been massaging under the eyes, and the originally paper thin skin has thickened out quite nicely. It doesn't take much time out of my day. It definitely works.

Yeah it's amazing isn't it? I was initially very leery of handling the "delicate" tissue of my undereye area...but once you start doing it you realize it becomes STRONGER with handling, not weaker! It's empowering, isn't it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Yeah it's amazing isn't it? I was initially very leery of handling the "delicate" tissue of my undereye area...but once you start doing it you realize it becomes STRONGER with handling, not weaker! It's empowering, isn't it?

Indeed! I was like you in thinking it was scary to handle the thin skin area under the eyes so roughly. It even appeared wrinkled right after the massage. I persisted though, and now the skin has thickened out. I appreciate the internet so much for bringing together so much knowledge from people all over the world.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Also, congratulations on reaching 1000 posts!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
shellybutorac wrote:
Fawnie and Kassy A,

I actually have 4 programs in all, and they are in order of my preferences;

Ageless If You Dare
Facial Magic
Flex Effect
Carole Maggio

lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
you dont do all 4 do you????
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
when you ladies say massage, you mean the pinch and pull action right?

i tried it yesterday, and the skin under my eyes is sooo thin compared to my face - am I def ok to be doing this?? Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
you dont do all 4 do you????

I'm not doing any right now, because I'm testing out the Tua Viso for a month on it's own..

Honestly, when it's time to pick it up again, I could stick with 'Ageless', because even after only 5 times, I saw and felt positive changes.

keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Retin-A or Renova build collagen under the eyes. It doesn't happen overnight and does take some time. My under eye area is greatly improved since I started using Renova under my eyes a year ago. The first month or two my under eye area looked a bit more wrinkled while the area was getting used to Renova. Once my eye area got used to Renova the slight dryness and wrinkled look went away and now my eye area is looking much more plumped. My fine lines and crepiness are gone. I am seriously impressed at the impprovement. Nothing else I've tried has helped.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Gotta agree with the retin a. My undereyes are line free and I've been using it for about 18 months I guess.
I've also just started the Ageless program and massage and am hoping for an all round improvement in my whole face. It doesn't take long at all so is definately worth a go.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Keli and Mishey, that goes along with everything I have heard/read about regarding Retin A. Did you both use the retinoid product under your eyes nightly to achieve the results or just consistent use a few times a week?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:19 am      Reply with quote
LOL I am sorry Kassy but I got to applause you here. Kassy was apprehensive originally (as are most people when they begin) about massaging the eye area.... and it took her a lot of convincing to try it out but its wonderful to see her passing on the good results she has seen already with it (and will continue to see when she has finished her tua viso trial).

Its hard when I tell people about the eye massage, and usually I have to make a mental note to myself that when I demonstrate it, I don't go all out aggressive (as I did so in the beginning and people looked like they had seen a horror movie and got completely scarred off)... because it does kind of goes against everything the cosmetic industry tells you about your skin. Saying that though, its easy to work out why they don't want you to know this, because if you did this and got the results you do get eventually, you stop needing to buy their items, or worse still you don't feel compelled to buy their new and latest anti aging miracle cream in a jar product LOL.

It doesn't happen overnight, and takes time and dedication, but the face is truly a beautiful element of our bodies that reflects the overall health and when you begin working with the face (rather than against it), its amazing to see how it tries to meet you half way in your quest!

Rock on people! (or should it be massage on)
Kassy_A wrote:
fawnie wrote:
Hi Shelly! It sounds like you lack volume in the eye area, is that what it looks like? I have had good results using facial massage to stimulate collagen-building in the hollows of my eyes. Hope it helps and let us know!
fawnie

I also have started to get good results building the undereye area with facial massage.. Just a warning though; You could get a little worse for a short time, but stick with it, and then the magic happens.

In addition to the thread fawnie suggessted, you should also check out the Flex Effect forum, for lots of 'massage' information;

http://flexeffect.proboards19.com/

And here is a video from U-Tube, that really helped me to get the hang of facial massage in general;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5KxWUMGyo

Oh, and don't be afraid to really dig in... It's scary at first, because we've always been told to be gentle and delicate, but it really works!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Aren't retinoids supposed to thicken skin by stimulating collagen synthesis?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Aren't retinoids supposed to thicken skin by stimulating collagen synthesis?

Retinoids thin the epidermal (top/visible skin) layer, and thicken the dermis (where the collagen lives)..

The massage works! Sean can probably explain it better than I, but my feeling is that the massaging/pinching/tapping is bringing the oxygen rich blood throughout that area, and it is resulting in thicker, firmer, healthier skin.

The U-Tube link I provided above, shows a very good technique for overall facial massage.. Just apply those principles, and try to increase your intensity, as your skin starts to respond and thicken up..

I misunderstood how to do it at first, and really yanked and pulled the undereye area out too much, which resulted in looser, crepy skin. After seeing the video, I did more of a pressing massage + pinching motion (undereye), and now the damage has been undone, and the whole area is firmer than ever..

keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keli and Mishey, that goes along with everything I have heard/read about regarding Retin A. Did you both use the retinoid product under your eyes nightly to achieve the results or just consistent use a few times a week?

Rileygirl. during the winter I use Renova or Retin-A under my eyes every other night. Once the weather warms up I use it every night. I have combination skin that's a bit drier during the winter and more normal during the summer. I personally don't use eye creams but I do use my regular moisturizer over the Renova or Retin-A after about 20 minutes. My eye area has improved more with Retin-A and Renova than anything I've ever used. I will never stop using it under and around my eyes. I use it all around my entire eye area except for on my actual eyelid.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Keli13. I use it all around my eye like that, as well. I just have not made the year mark with consistent use! (But I am hoping to stick with it this time!!)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |