Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Can anything actually boost collagen under the eye area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
so just a quick update, ive been doing undereye massage for about 2 weeks now (think im doing it properly now thanks to sis sweets and kassy Smile ), at the least I can report that my undereye doesnt look bruised or battered, and in fact it feels a little more spongy than it used to., ie. more plush, when I press. particularly in the outer undereye area, but also marginally so in the inner undereye area..

its only been 2 weeks and i think this is a pretty fantastic result, fingers crossed the result become visible soon!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I posted the message basically about the same problem couple of days ago (about deep eyes), but I probably didn't explain it properly. But I am happy to find that you keep this discussion alive, because I finally have an answer! I went on YouTube and watched the exercises and massage technics. I must say, this is total surprise for me as I was thinking before that handling the face like that is not good, was trying to avoid extra facial movements let alone making them on purpose. I will be doing the exercise starting from tomorrow (every morning)and massage in the evening. Does this routine sounds right? (or do I need to do them only couple of times per week or so?)

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
so just a quick update, ive been doing undereye massage for about 2 weeks now (think im doing it properly now thanks to sis sweets and kassy Smile ), at the least I can report that my undereye doesnt look bruised or battered, and in fact it feels a little more spongy than it used to., ie. more plush, when I press. particularly in the outer undereye area, but also marginally so in the inner undereye area..

its only been 2 weeks and i think this is a pretty fantastic result, fingers crossed the result become visible soon!

Yay Mowgli - I'm so glad it's working for you Very Happy Undereye massage has thickened my eye area up. You tend to feel it with your hands/fingers before it is a visible thing but you know it's working!

Ella - We've been taught by the cosmetics industry, et al. that you should not handle your face and if you do so it should be very, very gently... but the reality is quite the opposite. Just like massage is good for the body it is good for the face. It stimulates blood flow, your lymph system, and allows for collagen production. There are many who believe you should even massage the bone areas - cheek bones, jaw,etc. Bone tissue will resorb (ie: go away) if it is not stimulated. This is why impact exercise, and weight lifting is good for both muscle and bone in the body - same for the face. Our face is a part of us and needs exercise too.... Sis
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Ella - We've been taught by the cosmetics industry, et al. that you should not handle your face and if you do so it should be very, very gently... but the reality is quite the opposite. Just like massage is good for the body it is good for the face. It stimulates blood flow, your lymph system, and allows for collagen production. There are many who believe you should even massage the bone areas - cheek bones, jaw,etc. Bone tissue will resorb (ie: go away) if it is not stimulated. This is why impact exercise, and weight lifting is good for both muscle and bone in the body - same for the face. Our face is a part of us and needs exercise too.... Sis

yes, it makes sense to me now, after I saw the videos and read all the reviews. I guess, I should do it as many times a day as I can and I cannot really overdo it (I want to see the results fast)
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Which video are you guys following on You Tube? There are so many, I don't know which is the most credible. Thanks!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Which video are you guys following on You Tube? There are so many, I don't know which is the most credible. Thanks!

I made a note for myself of "Faceworks" and "gfacial exercise" (put it in the youtube search). I made my basic routine of face, eyes, lips and neck to start with something. I think there are many others and maybe more advanced, but I noticed that the same basic exercises repeat through other videos, so these ones might be good to start with. The main thing for me is to make it a habit, and then I can build up on basic routine.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
LOL its so funny that you say that, because even when I think back to 2006 and would say the very same thing to people about the cosmetic industry and tell them about massaging their eyelids, they would look at me like I am crazy, and that’s one of the things that I am grateful to EDS for, as its really gotten the word out there. I used to be a little shy about talking about massaging the face, simply because the eye area is incredibly lymphatic and sometimes people if they stimulated the lymph would panic (puffy eyes etc although not always the case) and think they are doing something wrong, but as you say, the proof really is in the pudding.
sister sweets wrote:
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
well, I have been doing what I said, massage and exercises for the face and neck, every day (actually I had to take a rest for one day after the first day of my enthusiastic approach - I actually had some pain as the aftermath). I have not noticed any improvement under my eyes yet (or maybe just a slight one, in the color - not so dark blue), but OMG it worked amazingly under my chin! very fast result! I am hooked on this thing now, so got the "Ageless if you dare" book.
aprilbree

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
So, then Sister and Kassy, how many times, or how long do you guys massage? Do I just do one round? A couple of times? For five minutes? I'm so so so excited about my eyes looking NORMAL again!!! Wink
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
aprilbree - A massage I do is Tanaka massage - so you may want to check that out. There are some you tubes out there.
Also Tonya Zavasta has a massage on her site - also available on you tube I believe.

Massage for me is done as a cycling through of a series of movements - some having to do with the eyes - others having to do with the rest of the face.
Some massage techniques have more pinching etc associated and I do a little of that - under the eyes too. Maybe five pinches per area under the eye (in three or four areas across the undereye).. with a little twistng thrown in for good measure (I know it sounds masochistic, doesn' it?).

Tanaka massage takes about 3-4 minutes a day. And that's probably plenty and I dont do it everyday - usually 4-5 X a week of SOME SORT of massage. I also do facial exercises so they function as a type of massage - depending upon what I'm doing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is a crazy read. lol.
But after reading..I wonder if the Opal does somewhat of what you all are talking about. I'm pretty sure the sponge tip taps product into the undereye area. I wonder if that pressing/tapping is somewhat like a massage and would result in improved undereye skin? Just a thought.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hotdocgirl - The massage I do is more than tapping but then I dont' know the device you refer to. I get pretty agressive. I have a clarisonic which might be more like the Opal but I don't know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
The opal is made by clairsonic. It is a device that taps using sonic technology..around the eye area with a sponge-like applicator... it comes with a serum..but you can use your own. It taps gently though. I've never purchased one. In fact, researching the Opal is how I found this forum a few years ago. I see mixed reviews on the Opal..but am tempted to buy it since I love my clairsonic so much...and now after reading here how massage around the eye increases skin thickness. It is very interesting.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. From my perspective I'd just do massage and forget another device (Heaven knows I have a few - several - too many of those) but then again if it make syou do the deal - heay than I say go for it. Right!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone show me where I can find a video about this? I don't know where to start.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:30 am      Reply with quote
CrystalCandy wrote:
Can someone show me where I can find a video about this? I don't know where to start.

Here's a link to some of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tanaka+face+massage&oq=tanaka&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=122l1817l0l5939l6l6l0l0l0l0l185l846l0.6l6l0

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much keli13!!
Eggers

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:47 am      Reply with quote
So could this actually help puffy eyes? If it's stimulating lymphatic drainage, I guess it makes sense. Massage stimulates lymphatic drainage in other parts of the body, too, so why not the eyes? This has never occurred to me before, and now I'm fascinated, because I always have puffy, dark eyes, (and I"m very fair-skinned, so it looks awful, awful, awful).
Has anyone managed to actually deminish the puffiness AND get rid of dark circles?
I'm so excited! It sounds too good to be true! But now I have to try it.
Will I get puffier eyes when I first start massaging??? ('cause that would be just plain scary).
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
i read that vitamin c boosts collagen production.

maybe applying vit c serum at the area might help?
hibiscus

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SeanySean,

I'm replying to a very old post of yours but I was intrigued to read of a pinch & roll method to use under the eyes to increase collagen. This is my weak point on my face & I have big hollows there. Not knowing anymore about this, I have tried my own way & have had results after a few days. However I'm not sure if I'm doing it right & so would be interested if I could get more information.

Some people refer to a DVD, others to books. Where can I find out about these & buy these to learn more about this pinch & pull facial massage technique?

Thank you so much

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Hey Shelly

There is a dvd in existence, which demonstrates a mix of 14 exercises (of varying degrees, some basic, some advanced).

It doesn't demonstrate all the exercises in the book at the moment, but there is one planned for making later on.

Thank you.
shellybutorac wrote:
SeanySeanUK wrote:

I think the new dvd will be a great tool when it is in the making for sure.

There is a dvd already? right?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |