Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Jane Iredale 'Powder Me Spf Sunscreen'
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to know if anyone has tried this. If they have, how did it look on the skin? Metallic and heavy? Please say it doesn't.

Secondly, did it do a good job at absorbing oil?

This does seems too good to be true but I'd be overjoyed to find a powder that tops up the sun protection rather than degrading it. I always wonder just how much sun protection is left on my face after foundation and continual powder blotting throughout the day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to provide a link that provides the ingredients in it:

http://www.janeiredale.com/bases_pmspf.html

I notice that it doesn't say 'broad' spectrum when stating UVB/UVA protection and nothing is said about photostability but then something is better than nothing which is the case for most powders.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I tried this last summer. Personally I dont feel like it gave good protection because I dont think it gives a good enough layer of coverage.
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply Girlygirl. I wouldn't be planning on wearing this solely as a means of protection, more as an addition which might make it ok-ish. Can you remember how it looked on your face when it was on?

Heavy/glittery/terrible at controlling oil/too drying/very obvious and cakey etc?

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I actually found your post because I just started using Powder Me and I wanted to see how others are combining it with liquid foundation. When I googled, your question popped up and as a result I found a great new community to be part of, so thanks! Anyway- I like this a lot. I've used liquid sunscreens that are really nice but always leave me with an oily seep through look at some point during the day. This stuff applies just like a loose finishing powder should. I like that I can use it in place of my usual touch up powder later in the day and get some good SPF 30 protection while I'm at it. I like to apply it with a brush that isn't too soft- I don't trust that I'm getting adequate protective coverage with the sponge. But for the first morning make up do I've been playing around with applying it under liquid foundation and alternately on top of foundation. I do put on a moisturizer first because that is what Jane Iredales website recommends. Also, it comes in two shades - tan and translucent. I chose translucent, especially for winter, so I can adjust my finish look to my liking with bronzer or blush. I'm still curious to know how others are using it- under or over foundation? It is definitely pricey but I did find it for much less on ebay. As to effectiveness- I can only say that my dermatologist recommends this to women who skip sunscreens because of the make up mess and likes it better because we are more likely to re-apply a powder than slop some liquid over it all as the day goes on.
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply. It's nice to know that the powder applies and wears well.

Personally, I wouldn't use this powder alone without the backup of a photostable, broad spectrum, UVA 4* sun protection underneath. I'm not certain that any powder can provide the same protection as liquid/cream. I'd have to see research from a reputable university to make me believe otherwise. It's a pity because I'd love to be proved wrong! I may try it as a top up product and swap it if it's not right for me.

Thanks for your feedback though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the powder right now but I put sunscreen on before. I love this make up line and the coverage. I am pleased with Jane Iredale and having the added benefit of more protection in my makeup.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this a while back but haven't used it yet. I plan to start using it when the weather warms up and I am outside more. I will probably apply it under my JI mineral makeup (I currently use BE Mineral Veil for that). Maybe will apply it on top, as a finishing powder. I will post back after I've used it for a week or so.
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your replies Jeffiner13, that sounds promising! And marci65, thanks for your reply too, please do post when you begin to wear this, it would be great to know what you think of it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this product and it was lightweight and since it was a powder I didn't have to use as many oil blotting papers as I would if I had put on a foundation.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:14 am      Reply with quote
I love this powder-me-SPF and i am into my second bottle already. I was looking for a powder SPF that can act as a make-up and decided that this is the best after trying the one from Colourscience and PSF as it is in a brush form.(powder is difficult to come out).

I use the translucent shade and put on after application of sunblock during light-make up days.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Typo error in my earlier post:
I compared it with the one from Colorescience & PTR - Peter Thomas Roth
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |