Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

FaceMaster
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this for about six months (I think). At first it took a lot of getting used to and I didn't use regularly. Now I use about 3x a week. I don't do exactly the program on the disk, it make my own which is a bit longer. It is time consuming. I don't feel that I look like I had a face lift, maybe a bit fresher. I don't try to lift my eyebrows like they do on tv, I don't like the way that looks.

I also use the facial flex on qvc for the chin line and recently added in the isomers nutritone.

5% products discount

Mon May 25, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I hesitate to do facial exercises due to the fact I have TMJ and my jaw cracks if I open my mouth to wide, Is the Face Flex a gadget or do you contort you face in different positions? I use the Tua Viso along with the FaceMaster I use them on alternate nights then I use the NuFace in the morning. I get great results and I think all three each serve their own purpose. I am thinking about purchasing the Baby Q. I would like opinions on the Baby Q and the Face Flex if anyone has tried these. Thanks alot!!! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Welcome wave
The Agesless if you Dare facial exercise program may work fine for you even with your TMJ. This is a link to that thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539 Also many of us here have the LED lights: the prolight, Lightstim, and BabyQ and are very happy with them.
Toby

5% products discount

Mon May 25, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your response! How would you suggest I introduce the Baby Q in to my routine being that I use facial stimulation everyday?? Also I really enjoy reading the posts on this site that is why I joined you can learn so much from every day people that are not trying to hype anything. So many people are concerned about losing facial fat when using STOP it has discouraged me from buying it as that would be a concern of mine as well. Do you think facial stimulation would help fill a persons face out as working the muscles may enlarge them??

Wed May 27, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am new today and you all are quite an informative group.
I love it !
I use the Connie Stevens Time Machine and have for many years.
I think it is really good .
Bunique
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
JaclynS wrote:
I hesitate to do facial exercises due to the fact I have TMJ and my jaw cracks if I open my mouth to wide, Is the Face Flex a gadget or do you contort you face in different positions? I use the Tua Viso along with the FaceMaster I use them on alternate nights then I use the NuFace in the morning. I get great results and I think all three each serve their own purpose. I am thinking about purchasing the Baby Q. I would like opinions on the Baby Q and the Face Flex if anyone has tried these. Thanks alot!!! Smile

The Facial Flex is a gaget which I bought on QVC. It opens your mouth wider sideways. You might be able to google it and get a video demonstration. I would be concerned about using it with TMJ however.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, have you bought the FaceMaster yet? If you have, are you making any progress with it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy, have you bought the FaceMaster yet? If you have, are you making any progress with it?

I bought it ages ago, used it several times the first week or so, and haven't had time to get back to it since..

I did the treatment according to the micro current link I posted on one of the previous pages here, but it is pretty time consuming. I'd say about an hour for full face and neck with the FM. In all I only did it about 5 times though, so I could hardly see any noticeable *for sure* benefit.

Maybe I'll be able to squeeze in a few treatments next week.. It's so hard to find the time for so many gadgets.. I seem to fluctuate a lot with them, as I lose interest and get very bored.. The only thing I've really stuck with all this time is the LED, and even that has been a chore to fit in lately. I usually manage to use the LED once a week, and I've been doing the Vaculifter 2 or 3 times per week..(That sucker works great, so it's easy to find the time.. Laughing )

How are you doing with the micro current machine you bought from ebay a while back? Have you used it regularly?

So many tools, so little time ... Argh!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 3:42 am      Reply with quote
The "professional" microcurrent machine from Ebay was also very time consuming to use, and also quite hard to do on yourself. Since I bought the Tua Viso it's been ditched. I love the Tua Viso and use it just about every night - but as usual, I'm not seeing any really positive results.

5% products discount

Sat May 30, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I use both the Tua Viso and The Face Master on alternating nights. The Face Master only takes 15 minutes where the TV takes almost an hour. But I am keeping at it and am noticing great results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I have the lastest version of the FaceMaster with the hands free wands I am selling. I just have to many gadgets. If interested please PM me.
bab59

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have had the Facemaster for years and find that is an excellent tool for the eye area. I didn't find it strong enough for the lower face however. I have recently been using a Tua Viso and find it much strong and more effective for lower face and neck. Actually there is no comparison. But if eyes are the main problem the Facemaster Rocks!
Toby

I ordered the Facemaster and then started reading this forum....I get Botox on forehead and crows feet - I have "loose" skin under the eyes - will Facemaster work on this?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think it does help with the lower eye area. Wink

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I've read this forum for a couple of years but never posted. Bren21 I wonder how you're results are going? I bought a facemaster last spring, just before turning 50 in July, and must say, I loved the results it gave me, particularly around my eyes. However, being 50 (no one thinks I am), the slow sagging of the face has begun. I finally gave in and had Juvederm in my NL folds and botox in my forehead this past Christmas, just to soften up the lines I was noticing. Amazing results, but now I'm afraid to use the FM anywhere near the Juvederm, and all the cheek exercises involve placing one probe next to the nose, which is where the filler is! BTW, I have washed and reused the booties for months, using antibacterial soap, with no problems, and use straight aloe vera gel instead of buying the facemaster gel. It has saved me a fortune. I can't find an answer anywhere as to whether it is safe to use the FM near fillers and botox, or if it will cause them to disperse/migrate/whatever, which I don't want to happen after spending $1100 on them! Thx.
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hockeymum, I have the facemaster. Haven't used it in quite a while. Traded for the Tua Viso. I liked it pretty well and had botox for the crows and glabella at the time. It didn't seem to bother the botox. In fact I got alot of time out of very little botox. I think I was also using an Isomers product at the time. I really think it extended the botox. Never had fillers so no advice on that. HTH LD
hockeymum

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll have to check out the Isomers line. It's frustrating not using the FM on my lower face, trying to do the jawline but staying away from my lips Smile can't believe I can't find a reference anywhere to using it or not over the juvie. Should have phoned in to the Cdn Home Shopping Network yesterday when she was on, but then hubby would know all my secrets! LOL.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I also rewash the booties with antibacterial soap and use either aloe vera or a conducting gel I got with the Nutritone, for the facemaster. I have no idea whether you can use it with juvaderm, but perhaps your derm might know the answer to this? (sorry this would not let me quote the original post and add on to it, the box started bouncing around like crazy).

I wish I could remember what it was, but way back when I remember the botox gals were not supposed to do something for a day or two after getting toxed, or it would interrupt the effect of the botox. Sure wish I could remember what it was!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have a feeling that any kind of massage or electrical stimulation is counter-productive to fillers. Don't know whether this has been clinically proven, but most estheticians will err on the side of caution and advice not to use gadgets over fillers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
i have a facemaster and want to buy another one... facemaster platinum. the shopping channel canada does not carry it, and even their facemaster regular is no longer available.

does anyone know where to get a facemaster platinum in canada?
TIA!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I won this on eBay for $30.00 it is a pain in the neck to use, seriously product goes everywhere and there is no grip on the wands they just flip around in the air.

You cant fault the results though, not to sure about longterm but short term it lifts up the eyebrows and cheeks. Big difference, worth the $30.00... Definitely!!

The unit didn't come with the conductive gel or the little booties. Without the booties the wands slide all over the place, the short treatment used up a hell of allot of aloevera.

I'd do this before a party not every day, it's just to much work (waiting for my isomers nutritone to arrive). I'm also going to be ordering the finger wands which will probably make the process allot easier.

Results 7/10

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Just checked on eBay for the finger wands but there weren't any offered individually, anyone know where these can be purchased inside australia?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love this device, in it's very short use it has helped pick everything up and really lifted the areas, my face is no longer round it's oval (which is the ideal face shape) there is more muscle definition. Having said that though, I have a sneaking suspicion it dosent do much for the top layers of the epidermis meaning it wont treat many skin concerns but it does do what it says it will do and tones everything up Very Happy

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Follow up:

I used the Facemaster tonight on the highest setting and it caused my left ear to start making pumping/thumping noises. It lasted for over an hour, not fun believe me, in fact very very worrying.

I'm now at a cross road, this device has given me so much: with a shorter chin, toned cheeks, and plumper lips which is something that has of course always appealed to me. All of that and without surgery. I dont want to use a machine that could possibly have health damaging affects no matter how well it works. I have botox done but this is much more important as it has to do with hearing.

What should I do?

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Follow up:

I used the Facemaster tonight on the highest setting and it caused my left ear to start making pumping/thumping noises. It lasted for over an hour, not fun believe me, in fact very very worrying.

I'm now at a cross road, this device has given me so much: with a shorter chin, toned cheeks, and plumper lips which is something that has of course always appealed to me. All of that and without surgery. I dont want to use a machine that could possibly have health damaging affects no matter how well it works. I have botox done but this is much more important as it has to do with hearing.

What should I do?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Follow up:

What should I do?

So are you saying that you had thumping noises in your ear after you stopped using the machine? I don't know why that would happen and have never heard of anything like that happening to anyone else. I would definitely stop using the machine for a while. Next time you use it, use a lower setting and see how you go. Keep us updated.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |