Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pimple aftermath :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend me a product to use to fade out red marks left after a pimple? Yes, I am a major squeezer Embarassed I try to be good but sometimes I can't just leave it alone and usually make it worse plus have it leave a mark after it's healed. TIA

Can moisturizers do this or do I need a completely separate product?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi cbrooke. A mask with salicylic acid will help to fade it, or if you have a cleanser with it in it, just leave it on the area for a couple minutes then rinse. Also, a lactic acid lotion will REALLY help. I recently had a Big One on my chin. It was so big I thought it was going to start talking to me. Anyway. I got impatient, and squeezed it. Left a big red mark. I've used my DHC AHA 10% lactic lotion twice on it since, and it looks a lot better.

There used to a product I used that came from Sally Beauty-- it was a nose peel, but I used it on my chin to help fade acne marks, because it had both lactic and salicylic in it. It was the Beyond Belief brand.
havana8

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
You could try Jan Marini's Recover-E....

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jan-marini-recover-e-adva-p_10212.htm

Quote:
I love this product. I have some acne scarring on my chin. I use this product every night and in the morning my scarring has almost evened out. It looks amazing every morning. I sometimes put in on my chin again in the afternoon when it my skin looks uneven again. Then I just put on my powder mineral foundation again over top and in a little while it is much improved again. I never want to be without this product. (as posted on dermstore)

Quote:
AT 42YRS. OLD MY SKIN IS VERY DRY,AND TAKES ALONG TIME UP TO 5/6WEEKS TO HEAL FROM A PIMPLE, 1 WEEK WITH THE RECOVER-E,WITH A LITTLE COVER -UP YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW A PIMPLE WAS THERE! IT'S MY "MIRACLE CREAM" THANK YOU (as posted on skinstore)
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the suggestions....I will definetely check out these products. I find that SA doesn't really do much for my skin so I will have to look into LA.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Azulen paste after extraction. It is the best thing for any infections on the skin. You apply it straight after extraction and it really heals it very well.

It's not on this site and I'm not sure how available it is in your country, I'm in Australia and there are a few stockists that sell it.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
There used to a product I used that came from Sally Beauty-- it was a nose peel, but I used it on my chin to help fade acne marks, because it had both lactic and salicylic in it. It was the Beyond Belief brand.

Its called Clean Pore. I'm sitting here with a small glob of it on a red mark on my cheek. I hope it works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
cbrooke - oh that's the worst, isn't it. I use la Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. on mine and they fade away like a campaign promise! Best stuff for blemishes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Most exfoliants will do the trick. Some people respond better to one over another, so it's up to you. I like a simple glycolic acid product (like Alpha Hydrox's oil-free 10% AHA).

Azelaic acid also works well at fading red marks. It's in Px products like Finacea.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Yonka Creme 15 works well for me. I put a glob on every spot before going to bed every night.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried products that have salycic acid? It encourages shedding of superficial dead skin cells. I love it. I use it to even out my skin tone since I have red patches here and there and finds it works super well. I use ID Vitamins. Good luck.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I recently had a Big One on my chin. It was so big I thought it was going to start talking to me.

LOL... and what might it say, one wonders?
Although I rarely have a problem with zits, my overactive imagination is now visualising my other skin issues talking back at me. I suspect I’m going to have rather strange dreams tonight Laughing

Back on topic, I have heard mandelic acid products, eg MaMa lotion, can be effective for fading post acne red spots. I would second Nijey’s comment, that most exfoliants should give results, it’s a matter of finding the one that works best for your skin.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Before its healed use poloysporin on it. It helps it heal better and leaves less of mark, although you will still have a mark.

I spot treat mine with AHA, seems to work well for me.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
The Buzz on Acne removed my red marks faster than anything I ever used! I've been on this for a little over two months and my red marks and cysts were the first to go. Blackheads then left next.

I really can't believe how well this works! I've been getting compliments on my skin! Which is different! Here in the middle of winter, my skin is hydrated! I just checked yesterday and they were still running the free priority mail shipping code ship09 www.buzzonhealth.com if you are interested. It's getting rave reviews!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |