Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

British Columbia's most famous export...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hey, what does Casper's Mum (and everyone else) think of BC's most famous "export," Pamela Anderson? I know this as nasty and unkind, but the poor girl looks to be getting a little...ahem...saddle-worn these days, like she's been riden hard and put away wet! Have you ever seen that infomercial for the "Alexis Vogel Cosmetic Line and Professional Makeup Tips"?

To give you an idea of what the typical "Alexis Vogel" look is, Pam Anderson appears to be the original blueprint for which the makeup line was launched (i.e.: heavily made up eyes and lips and big, poufy, carefully tousled hair). I swear, every "model" in the customer testimonials in the A.V. infomercial looks like Pam Anderson -- I don't care if they are blonde, brunette or redhead, long hair or short, curly or straight, old or young, fat or skinny, black or white, "European/American" features (i.e.: caucasian), Indian features (i.e.: Pakistani, India, Thai, etc) or Oriental/Eurasian features -- every last one of them looks like Pam Anderson -- and I don't mean that in a complimentary way because I've always thought that Pam Anderson looks like a really cheap skank/tart!!! So what exactly is it that makes the ladies utlizing Alexis Vogel's makeup tricks look so cheap and trashy? I can't put my finger on it. But whenever I see the infomercial while channel surfing on insomniatic nights, it just bugs me to no end because all of those poor women look like they ought to be dancing at the nearest titty bar or starring in a ------------ video. But then again, maybe it's just me and my slightly skewed view of the world...whaddaya think??

Carrie
Caspers Mum

Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hey! I happen to like Pam, and think she's a cool chick! However, I think that her best look was as the Labatt Blue Zone Girl (back in the day) and when she was originally on "Baywatch". A very pretty lady, without all of the heavy make-up! I've read some of the columns that she writes in various magazines, and admire her views against animal cruelty. Let's face it: sex sells, and this is the image that she has been making money from.

And, hey ... there are A LOT of famous people who come from B.C. beyond Pam. Diana Krall, Jason Priestly, Kristin Kruek, Kim Cattrall, David Foster, Michael J. Fox to name a few ... Razz

And I always thought that the most-famous export from B.C. was marijuana?!?! Ha, ha! Vancouver is also known as "Vampsterdam".
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
That's exactly my point!! She's a very pretty lady -- she doesn't need to slather all that warpaint on her face because it makes her look cheap and trashy. And as her Labatt and Baywatch days proved, she could still "sell sex" without having to embrace the trashiness. And I, too, admire her some of her social stances. From some of the arcticles I've read or interviews I've seen, although she would appear to be the stereotypical "dumb blonde," she seems to be a very smart and savvy lady -- if nothing else, she's certainly laughing all the way to the bank.

Hey, I didn't mean to rile you up! I know there are other famous folks from BC down here...but you've got to admit that you could go to the remotest corner of the world and simply say "Pam Anderson" or "Baywatch" and they'd know instantly exactly who you were talking about!!

Also, were you the one who wrote the amusing post about Britney Spears a while back? I'm completely with you on that one! That little girl is quickly on her way to becoming a full-fledged member of the skank club and will probably end up being the "face of the future" for Alexis Vogel cosmetics!! Wink Very Happy
Caspers Mum

Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
That's exactly my point!! She's a very pretty lady -- she doesn't need to slather all that warpaint on her face because it makes her look cheap and trashy. And as her Labatt and Baywatch days proved, she could still "sell sex" without having to embrace the trashiness. And I, too, admire her some of her social stances. From some of the arcticles I've read or interviews I've seen, although she would appear to be the stereotypical "dumb blonde," she seems to be a very smart and savvy lady -- if nothing else, she's certainly laughing all the way to the bank.

Hey, I didn't mean to rile you up! I know there are other famous folks from BC down here...but you've got to admit that you could go to the remotest corner of the world and simply say "Pam Anderson" or "Baywatch" and they'd know instantly exactly who you were talking about!!

Also, were you the one who wrote the amusing post about Britney Spears a while back? I'm completely with you on that one! That little girl is quickly on her way to becoming a full-fledged member of the skank club and will probably end up being the "face of the future" for Alexis Vogel cosmetics!! Wink Very Happy

Let's help Pam with her eyebrows. Whomever is responsible for doing her make-up always has these tiny, almost non-existant semi-circles drawn-in!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
you girls are funny!!

The most interesting part of pam to me is seeing what size her boobs are..Seems like every week it's an implant or a reduction..I can't figure it out.
Caspers Mum

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
you girls are funny!!

The most interesting part of pam to me is seeing what size her boobs are..Seems like every week it's an implant or a reduction..I can't figure it out.

This is because breast implants have to be replaced, apparently, every once in a while. However, I know that she had damaged ones taken out years ago, and replaced these with normal looking implants. Must've had a change of heart, and decided to increase them again. Apparently, she is a really tiny lady in-person. I'd love to meet her; she seems sweet.
trinka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:37 am      Reply with quote
TV/Film personalities aside, I think BC's most famous export is going to become Dish Jeans. They are so "bum-friendly" (to be polite) Embarassed and they make your legs look so long. It's a good thing I don't live in BC or I'd live at the outlet store!
Caspers Mum

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:07 am      Reply with quote
trinka wrote:
TV/Film personalities aside, I think BC's most famous export is going to become Dish Jeans. They are so "bum-friendly" (to be polite) Embarassed and they make your legs look so long. It's a good thing I don't live in BC or I'd live at the outlet store!

Haven't tried them yet, but ironically, The Province had a little tidbit about the designer in Suzy Wall's Glam-Girl section yesterday.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, what do y'all think of Paris Hilton (the heiress,not the lodging)?
Caspers Mum

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Don't get me started on Paris, because as the old addeage goes, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

However, I was maliciously laughing this morning, upon hearing about Ashley Simpson's Saturday Night Live "oopsie" with the lip-synching thing. Laughing Too funny! Though I was having the time of my life at the Van Halen concert, I am truly-sorry that I missed that laughable moment of t.v. Two words that will now come into play: Law Suit. How much do you want to bet that this will happen?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm, I missed SNL this weekend -- what happened, eh?

Oh, after you told me about the Van Hager show on Friday, I had the weirdest dream that night: I was attending a VH concert, sitting front-row/center, but when I looked up, all the band members were completely bald, Sammy was in a wheelchair and Eddie was tottering around on stage using a walker!! It's the new migraine med the doctor's started me on -- it's given me the STRANGEST dreams lately....
Caspers Mum

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Hmmmm, I missed SNL this weekend -- what happened, eh?

Oh, after you told me about the Van Hager show on Friday, I had the weirdest dream that night: I was attending a VH concert, sitting front-row/center, but when I looked up, all the band members were completely bald, Sammy was in a wheelchair and Eddie was tottering around on stage using a walker!! It's the new migraine med the doctor's started me on -- it's given me the STRANGEST dreams lately....

Ahahahahahahahaha! (evil cackle!) Laughing Check it out! http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6329101/
Mabsy

Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ah... Paris Hilton.... Laughing Don't get me started. Some of the things that she gets quoted on are hilarious! Plus, she's apparently the reason that Mark Phillippoussis dumped Delta Goodrem (allegedly without even bothering to tell her). So My opinion of PH (and MP) have just dived even lower (didn't think that was going to be possible)!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:58 am      Reply with quote
While were on the subject of phoniness, and since she was named in the link Casper's Mum provided above regarding Ashlee Simpson doing a Milli Vanilli impression, what do ya'll think of Posh and Becks (Victoria and David Beckham, for those of you on this side of the pond)?? I realize that I'm probably in the minority and I may well be inciting an angry lynch-mob, but...could there be any two bigger parasites on this earth?? Those two are like a giant tapeworm! And the song that springs to mind whenever they "grace" my TV screen is Carly Simon's "You're So Vain (you probably think this song is about you...)." Christ, what a waste of oxygen. Sorry. I just had to get that off my chest before it started to fester.

All right, let the death threats and hate mail begin. Razz

TTFN,
Carrie
Lady Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Well said carekate - Vain with a capital V are our dear posh & becks (aka dumb & dumber)
In the UK there is hardly a week goes by without one of the double act being on tv or on the front cover of a mag.
It's all "she's pregnant again, he's slept with another woman (seems to be alot of those stories coming up lately), she's wearing another Versace dress" and it's like who the **** is still interested (or ever was) in those 2.
Bad Grin God I can't believe I just wasted a few seconds of my life typing/thinking about them - shame on me.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Oooooooh, Victoria Beckham. I can't stand that woman! Mad
Her stupid poutiness, that pig-like nose and the skeletal body with ridiculous implants. Bad Grin

I don't dislike David Beckham (I'm not really a fan either). He probably would have been ok if he hadn't married that woman. I think that she is the true media whore in the relationship and he has been influenced by her. Like a lot of men, he probably just goes along with what she wants just to keep her quiet. He seemed quite down to earth until their relationship started.

Just watched a clip of the Ashlee Simpson incident. Embarassed Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |