Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Comparing Flex Effect vs LouLou's Ageless Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
This thread is dedicated to those who have tried both of these facial exercise programs and would like to share their experience and thoughts on the two programs: differences, similarities, what one does that the other doesn't do, results to expect from each program, and whatever you can think of.

I have not tried either, but am starting this thread because someone (Toby) started this comparison in another thread that has been dedicated to Ageless program only. I thought the comparison between the two popular facial exercise programs was very helpful and interesting to me, and maybe other EDS members would like to hear more, too. It would help us choose more easily.

Please post your experiences. Thanks in advance.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, I pm'd you requesting a repost of your post in the Ageless thread. Thank you!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Reposting Toby's post from Ageless thread with full permission from Toby:

Quote:
Okay I will tread where no man or woman dares to go

April 2007 I started a facial exercising program at age 51 after losing 9 pounds to my ideal small frame weight. I had some sag and the weight loss really added more. The program was fair but not strong enough and I had no support on a daily basis.

June 2007 I started Flexeffect facial exercise and massage. I had instant results and at six months looked like a different person. At 12 months of flexing I sent my pictures to Rita at Prolight. She had my before and after pictures on her computer screen when one of her engineers came in and said, "Wow that woman had a great face lift." Rita told him it was not a face lift it was the result of facial exercises. Rita said he argued and didn't believed her. Rita had told me before she even saw my pictures that I facial exercises were the key to dealing with sag. She said I will sell you a light and it can improve your skin but facial exercises will tone and deal with the sag. I owe flexeffect credit for picking my face up off the floor I needed a program that provided daily support and I think my entire face needed and got lifted from every muscle. I worked out 6 days a week for 28 minutes. I posted regularly on the forum and got instant feedback from trainers. I relied on Sean and Lou(current author of Ageless then a trainer for FlexEffect) that and did intensive training with both. Sean spent several weeks tweaking some issues and also Lou spent several weeks with me as well. I achieved all I had set out for and more but I still needed additional smoothing out with the lower face. I had some pooching or pouching in the lower face area. I need to add here that I am not sure that I was totally doing the advanced lower face exercises correctly and that may have been part of the issue.

Sept.11,2009 My father had an accident, had to have surgery, and rehab for two months. At the same time my mother developed a heart condition that was serious. I am an only child and was helping with their care while working a very demanding full time job. I lost ground with my routine with Flexeffect. I went several months exercising very little but fortunately my face still looked pretty good. In Nov. I bought Lou's program. I could handle five exercises a day and massage. So in Nov. I started Lou's program. When I saw that I could daily do the exercises I choose not to add flexeffect back in because I wanted to see what Lou's program would do alone. I decided to give it three-six months. I was not afraid to drop Flexeffect because I knew muscle has memory and I could pick it up at any time. My results now are my cheeks are very lifted, my lower face is less built and of course Stop and Tua Viso have entered the picture and done their share of cleaning up the slack as well. I am not ready to say one program over another. Right now Lou's program offers a quick daily routine I can manage. Will I go back and add some of flexeffect? If I was a betting woman I would say probably so. But right now I want to run the three-six month experiment and see what develops. I have developed enough feel for my face to appreciate exercises from both programs but this three-to six month test is just for one program. Some have viewed my pictures and have liked the lower face results from Lou's program and others have liked it from Flexeffect. Flexeffect is fuller, and Ageless is more narrow. At this point it probably is a personal preference because both are nice not meaning to brag just comparing to how I looked before facial exercises. At the end of six months I will share my results and maybe some pictures if you are interested.
It has been said before by several people on this forum that Flexeffect is a more comprehensive involving all the facial muscles that lift and build. Ageless is a program specifically focused on muscles that lift. I think the choice of programs has to do with what condition your face is in and exactly what you are wanting to achieve. Also in choosing a program you need to consider how much assistance and support you need to maintain momentum with an exercising program. When I started in 2007 I needed daily support and when I had a question and needed it quickly. Also I needed someone trained with lots of experience.I also needed a forum for support. I came to EDS in 2007 and asked questions about facial exercises and got very little response, later went to the Flexeffect forum. A lot has changed in the mindset of facial exercises on the internet within the last two years thanks to Flexeffect, Dare to be Ageless, and other programs. The fact that we are asking which facial exercising program should we use in stead of does facial exercise work speaks volumes to the success that has been experienced by facial exercise programs. We have come a long way BABY
Now will I buy Debs new book when it comes out? You better believe it. Her book years after publication is still valid. If Lou produces more dvds or books will I buy? Absolutely. Lou has a positive approach to aging and lifting the face that is freeing. Facial exercises and information information about them are investments in my future and I will not leave a stone unturned.
Toby(Ann on Flexeffect Forum)

Thank you much, Toby.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Great Chronicle Toby. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the results of 3-6 months. Sis
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Toby, thank you! I've been doing Ageless for not quite two months now, and I'm so happy with the results - and I know this is only preliminary. I have a quite a way to go on my problem areas. But I never would have thought, two months ago, that I could control the outcome of facial exercise on various parts of my face, such as jawline, lift of the cheek area. Want it narrower? Want it stronger? This is all amazing to me, but now after Ageless for several weeks I know it's possible! Toby, your post about your FlexEffect vs. Ageless results really got me thinking in this direction, because I've been curious about FlexEffect as well. Hmmm, how do I want my face to turn out? Laughing

I also appreciate, Toby, your comparison of the time investment involved in each program. I'm a busy mom with many obligations and demands on my time, so I know for now I just wouldn't have time for FE. Or I'd have to start slowly.

Yes, please share your results with Ageless when you are ready!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Great post, Toby and thanks for setting up this thread, Ruk. I am inspired by Toby's successes especially because she (and others viewing her photos) was able to see two different looks to her lower face, doing the two different programs. That is amazing. I feel so empowered now and not such a victim to the aging process. Not bad for the reasonable amount of money spent on these programs!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Cross-posting...

bethany wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
bethany wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
Bethany, your chin area looks much slimmer now. Congratulations! Were you on FE before ageless? How was FE for the chin area?

Ruk, I bought FE but never started it...I have only used Ageless.

Any reason why you did not want to start FE?

sister sweets wrote:
Ruk - I think it's the same reason most people don't start nor stick with FE - TIME! LouLou's Ageless is very efficient and effective - 5 minutes a day and great results compared to FE which is a half hour or so and longer to see results.

As usual, Sis is right on the mark!

I started a new job right after I bought FlexEffect, and could not dedicate the daily 45 mins every day that a newbie would require. So it sat in the drawer after I read the book. Then I found out about Ageless...I work 60-70+ hours a week, but even I can still find time for 5-10 mins a day, 4 days a week. Laughing Ageless is cheap, does not require a ton of time, and gives fast results...what's not to love? Very Happy

Many people buy a more expensive, longer program, and then it turns into a waste of money because they don't stick with it (ME!!). I would personally recommend that people start small, with both the time commitment AND the expenditure. If that works well and you want to expand your options, THEN buy another program.

I have no doubt that I will begin using some of the FlexEffect exercises down the road, and I learned a lot from the book. But right now I am not willing to spend 30-45 mins a day, EVERY day, especially if I can't multi-task! (right now I am sitting under my LaserMax for my hair, while I am typing Very Happy)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:58 am      Reply with quote
well, i am a novice at ageless..6 weeks...but there is imo a very dynamic quality to Loulou'sexercises..i feel especialy when i watch her video..that i don't feel when watching FE (or the very beginning exercises that i've done with FE)....i am even more struck by the intensity and vibrancy and strength of ageless when i compare it to FE..

again this is only a very beginners expeience!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:21 am      Reply with quote
hmmm..i was going to respond to Toby's post in the 'original' in the Ageless thread...but after reading that thread just now..it seems this would be the place to post my questins..

i hope you see them, Toby!

did the pouches you feel you got from doing the advanced lower face exercises from FE (perhaps because you did them incorrectly) smooth out once you started to do the Ageless exercises?

do you feel you would you ever try the lower face advanced exercises from FE again...trying to do them more 'correctly'..or would you avoid them altogether because of the pouches issue/

do you think the more beginning lower face exercises from FE may also cause pouching/

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:23 am      Reply with quote
oh no!..that little sullen blue 'face' somehow popped up in my last post...it should have read 'Hmmm"

lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a link to Toby's pictures?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Does anyone have a link to Toby's pictures?

I didn't post any pictures,several people were discussing pictures they had seen in an email.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucyluc - Toby's results are very impressive. She has had no surgery or botox or fillers. Through her hard work with FE and Ageless she has created beautiful changes in upper and lower face: lifted, smoother, decreased wrinkling - although she didn't really have much at all, but the total effect is an obvious one. You can only say Wow.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Lucyluc - Toby's results are very impressive. She has had no surgery or botox or fillers. Through her hard work with FE and Ageless she has created beautiful changes in upper and lower face: lifted, smoother, decreased wrinkling - although she didn't really have much at all, but the total effect is an obvious one. You can only say Wow.

Yep, I have to agree....she has definitely turned back the clock just by using topicals, tools, and exercise.

She also recently added the STOP, and that took her from WOW to AMAZING from the forehead standpoint. (see the pics on page 22 of the STOP thread under the Tools forum).

I sure hope her husband is keeping up with her transformation, because she probably has ton of younger men clamoring for attention now! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
JasminRosey
(the following is a question in response to Jasminrosey's post on the Ageless thread)

were you using flexeffect before you began Ageless - i'm just curious to know how supersonic this program of loulou's is...

i guess that's a question to anyone who has been flexing- what kind of changes did you see when you started using ageless, if any?
thanks m
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moongoodess - I was using FE for about 5 months before Ageless and was very faithful - doing most if not all 40 5-7 days a week and then I started Ageless.

FE is a slow uphill climb..... Ageless has more of a kaboom factor - I don't know why but the results are faster and evident in a short time frame. For me it was cheeks - and that is the hallmark of LouLou's program. I think you'll hear this same thing from most everyone. the lifting of the cheeks and the residual effect on the other portions of the face is great. Plus what it does for the eyes. I have also noticed a trememdous benefit to my jawline and neck - these are something I wasn't even looking for. I will attribute this to more than just Ageless though.

I like the comprehensive nature of FE - it gives you the opportunity to lay down a strong overall facial foundation.
With ageless there was a definite and without question pronounced and positive change within a month or less in the specific areas targetted by Ageless.

I know it
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't done any of the FE exercises, but have been doing Ageless for 45 days missing only a few days here and there so that is nearly a solid 45. The most dramatic difference for me thus far was just shy of the 1 month mark...I have gotten a lot of lift around my upper eye area and my under eye looks a lot smoother with barely a line to be seen in under a month (except my smile induced ones!)I also use the AALS which I think has helped the under eye area as well. But, the lift in the upper portion is pretty awesome! I wasn't even looking to achieve that as it wasn't something that bothered me about my face. But, I am glad it happened anyway as my eye's look so much more alert and my eyeliner actually stays on A LOT longer!!!

Just now hitting 45 days and I think I see my cheeks starting to respond. This I have noticed the last couple days so it is still an early development! But my cheeks look a bit puffier and my tear trough outer ends seem to be starting to turn up slightly instead of heading straight down my cheeks. In the last week I have been slowing down and concentrating more on each exercises. But, the cheek lifting (I hope that I am really seeing!) is very exciting for me and was my main goal with the exercises.

I chose Ageless due to the short time it took to get through the exercises. I know that FE has many more exercises and takes a lot longer to get through and that just didn't appeal to me. Perhaps down the road I may just purchase the FE to implement some of their exercises in with Ageless, but for now, I have been extremely pleased with what Ageless has done for me and can't wait to see myself months down the road!! Best $10 I ever spent!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bren - Well put. I am glad it's working. Lou Lou would be glad to know
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Moongoddess,

I've just begun to do a few of the beginning FE exercises..so all my improvements have been entirely from Ageless (as i'm not using any other tools)

it's just this week (week 6) that i'm really starting to see a major improvement in my face..

hard to describe...cause it's subtle in a way..and yet so very powerful...

my face looks more toned, 'lighter', my cheeks are more pronounced and more 'up'

this is the first year that i have not been happy with my face...

...and now i am again.

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Moongoddess,

I've just begun to do a few of the beginning FE exercises..so all my improvements have been entirely from Ageless (as i'm not using any other tools)

it's just this week (week 6) that i'm really starting to see a major improvement in my face..

hard to describe...cause it's subtle in a way..and yet so very powerful...

my face looks more toned, 'lighter', my cheeks are more pronounced and more 'up'

this is the first year that i have not been happy with my face...

...and now i am again.

jasminerosey,
I must say a BIG WOW that you are 63 and this is the first year you have not been happy with your face Shock That is just amazing Very Happy Good for you. You must have really been doing things right....you must share what you have been doing to ward off aging as well as you have!!!! Pray Pray tell!
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
After reading Bren's post..i have to add that i have also seen such a (big) difference in my upper eye lids..i began to see that last week..
and i am just sort of starring at my eyes..

cause..and as i have said in the Ageless thread..it all feels so miraculous to me...how does it happen..with so little effort and time..such major shifts?

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, i just saw your post...

it's a complex question to answer...

partly it may be that I'm happier with myself in terms of aging then some of those who post here are...

my main concern has been to retain a luminosity and radiance in my face and expression..

and to avoid 'sag'...which has been creeping up on me this past year.

specifically i've been a wholefood vegan since 1970 and have eaten living (raw) food since 1980....which includes tons of green foods..like energy soups, etc....and tons of green supplements like spirulina, etc....and also includes much rich herbal infusions and decoctions in my diet....(simply because it's 'right' for who i am .. just like Loulou's exercises are 'right' for who i am)

aside from that.. i've not done a thing..except avoiding chemicals and harsh ingredients in my facial care products.

for years i just used organic shea butter on my face...and now i use several diy serums...one with rosehip seed oil & heliochrysum eo, carrot seed eo , frankicense eo, rose otto eo..and one with tamanu oil and heliochrysum eo.

also..for years i've used a 'strange' exfoliating cream...i mistakenly used Aubrey GPB hair conditioner many years ago instead of a moisturizer on my legs and noticed that while i was rubbing in on my legs..my skin was exfoliating intensely..i've used that on my body and face for many years when i need to exfoliate..and it works for me...i sometimes think it's why i've not needed retin a

saying all this, i still have sag and lines on my neck that i've never had before this year...which i still hope to work on with Ageless and massage.. and perhaps vaculifter... but now that my face looks more lifted and like 'mine' again..my neck isn't troubling me in the same way.

People have always marveled at how well/young i've looked..but that doesn't mean that i've totally staved off time.. just that i've been happy with myself.

ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks ladies for posting and sharing your experiences of the two marvelous facial exercise programs. I can't wait to try Ageless.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Toby, i just saw your post...

it's a complex question to answer...

partly it may be that I'm happier with myself in terms of aging then some of those who post here are...

my main concern has been to retain a luminosity and radiance in my face and expression..

and to avoid 'sag'...which has been creeping up on me this past year.

specifically i've been a wholefood vegan since 1970 and have eaten living (raw) food since 1980....which includes tons of green foods..like energy soups, etc....and tons of green supplements like spirulina, etc....and also includes much rich herbal infusions and decoctions in my diet....(simply because it's 'right' for who i am .. just like Loulou's exercises are 'right' for who i am)

aside from that.. i've not done a thing..except avoiding chemicals and harsh ingredients in my facial care products.

for years i just used organic shea butter on my face...and now i use several diy serums...one with rosehip seed oil & heliochrysum eo, carrot seed eo , frankicense eo, rose otto eo..and one with tamanu oil and heliochrysum eo.

also..for years i've used a 'strange' exfoliating cream...i mistakenly used Aubrey GPB hair conditioner many years ago instead of a moisturizer on my legs and noticed that while i was rubbing in on my legs..my skin was exfoliating intensely..i've used that on my body and face for many years when i need to exfoliate..and it works for me...i sometimes think it's why i've not needed retin a

saying all this, i still have sag and lines on my neck that i've never had before this year...which i still hope to work on with Ageless and massage.. and perhaps vaculifter... but now that my face looks more lifted and like 'mine' again..my neck isn't troubling me in the same way.

People have always marveled at how well/young i've looked..but that doesn't mean that i've totally staved off time.. just that i've been happy with myself.

I figured the diet played into your antiaging program. It seems you are aging gracefully because you have a contentment. Great attitude and is important, kinda like resting instead of striving through life. Thanks for sharing!
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:05 am      Reply with quote
You are right Jasmine...it is amazing that something with such little effort can produce such great results in so little time. I am in awe of it as well and never in a million years thought I would be exercising the face! Laughing
I am the type of person that can be a bit impatient waiting for results, don't like exercise to begin with...so Ageless has been the perfect tool for me and I knew something was brewing a few days in to the exercises....not sure how do describe it but my face felt like it was more alive after being poked and prodded....this has kept me going along with encouraging news from the forum girls....now that the results are starting to show it's even better!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |