Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Comparing Flex Effect vs LouLou's Ageless Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to post to say how very inspiring all of this is, and to thank everyone for providing such helpful information.

I think I've just been sold on both the Ageless technique and, from another thread, the Stop device (which will very probably have to wait until my birthday for purchasing, sadly).

Thanks to you all for giving us renewed hope!
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
i have done both programmes and have also noticed that flexeffect builds up more of the face, whereas ageless concentrates more on just building cheeks

iv also noticed flexeffect builds more for me anyway the upper part of the cheek along the cheekbones, so although my cheekbones looked higher i used to get a lot of comments that i looked gaunt where the rest of my cheeks ie. midcheeks hadnt built, so looked hollower

now ive been doing the ageless cheek exercises the mid part of my cheek is much more full, but those exercises dont build so much the upper cheek

so now i am incorporatign a mixture of both to get the best of both worlds!

the flexeffect definitely builds the lower face more so it depends what your individual needs are

i also think flexeffect does more for the eyes

for me flexeffect gave my mouth more of a pouty look in that the whole mouth area protrudes more, but with ageless the corners of my mouth turn up more

so its just down to finding the right exercises to suit your face, and maybe doing a mixture of both, or doing flexeffect when you have more time and ageless when you have less
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have been wondering if Ageless exercise instructions in the e-book are easy to picture in your head so that you can follow along without having to wonder if you're doing the exercises correctly?

Without the video to follow along, do you all really feel confident that you're doing the exercises exactly as prescribed?
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
ive never watched the video and for me they felt quite easy to follow loulou does explain them really well, i dont know if im doing them right but it seems to be working
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
i have done both programmes and have also noticed that flexeffect builds up more of the face, whereas ageless concentrates more on just building cheeks

iv also noticed flexeffect builds more for me anyway the upper part of the cheek along the cheekbones, so although my cheekbones looked higher i used to get a lot of comments that i looked gaunt where the rest of my cheeks ie. midcheeks hadnt built, so looked hollower

now ive been doing the ageless cheek exercises the mid part of my cheek is much more full, but those exercises dont build so much the upper cheek

so now i am incorporatign a mixture of both to get the best of both worlds!

the flexeffect definitely builds the lower face more so it depends what your individual needs are

i also think flexeffect does more for the eyes

for me flexeffect gave my mouth more of a pouty look in that the whole mouth area protrudes more, but with ageless the corners of my mouth turn up more

so its just down to finding the right exercises to suit your face, and maybe doing a mixture of both, or doing flexeffect when you have more time and ageless when you have less

I think you have completely hit the nail on its head. I was doing Ageless for almost a month and have recently added Flexeffect and am creating my own program out of the two which gives me the best of both world with it. I am creating a program based on my needs and filling in the gaps missing in Ageless (in my opinion) based on what I need. If one has the time I think it is a great approach. If time is more of a factor Ageless is perfect.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou EVERYONE for your replies.
Since i received Agless a week ago, ive been really busy (and i havn't been alone,) so i've only been able to squeeze 2 sessions in - and i LOVED the intensity. I'm gonna give this program a whirl - maybe stop flexing for 1 month, just to see what happens...
My best guess is that i'll never give up flexing - i think it's comprehensive and gives great foundational structure to the face - loulou's feels a bit like the beautifully painted walls - though i'm open to be proven wrong! I imagine i will be making my own beauty coctail using the two programs together, tweaking my face to perfection (I wish!) In any case, i think Flex Effect is THE BOMB as far as teaching you about your face and it's musculature - the info and my experiential learning was INVALUABLE and i would recommend it to everyone and anyone!! Also, for me personally, FE lends a lot of credibility to Ageless....But i must say, what ultimately sold me on agless was how bloody GORGEOUS loulou looked - very changed from her flexing look which was pretty spectacular! hmm...get's me thinking, I would love to hear about loulou's progression...
well, lastly, i want to say that i've got a whole slew of photos on my phone and i just may do a comparative study and show you all the results...
oh, one more thing--can anyone tell me - aren't loulou's excercises more of an "active massage" rather than an actual excercise? This is what sanford Bennett taught, and we all know what he did for his face...

m
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Since i received Agless a week ago, ive been really busy (and i havn't been alone,) so i've only been able to squeeze 2 sessions in - and i LOVED the intensity. I'm gonna give this program a whirl - maybe stop flexing for 1 month, just to see what happens...
My best guess is that i'll never give up flexing - i think it's comprehensive and gives great foundational structure to the face - loulou's feels a bit like the beautifully painted walls - though i'm open to be proven wrong! I imagine i will be making my own beauty coctail using the two programs together, tweaking my face to perfection (I wish!) In any case, i think Flex Effect is THE BOMB as far as teaching you about your face and it's musculature - the info and my experiential learning was INVALUABLE and i would recommend it to everyone and anyone!! Also, for me personally, FE lends a lot of credibility to Ageless....But i must say, what ultimately sold me on agless was how bloody GORGEOUS loulou looked - very changed from her flexing look which was pretty spectacular! hmm...get's me thinking, I would love to hear about loulou's progression...
well, lastly, i want to say that i've got a whole slew of photos on my phone and i just may do a comparative study and show you all the results...
oh, one more thing--can anyone tell me - aren't loulou's excercises more of an "active massage" rather than an actual excercise? This is what sanford Bennett taught, and we all know what he did for his face...

m

Would love to see photos! Thanks in advance!!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ageless users - does the e-book have any massage techniques as well as the exercises?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Ageless users - does the e-book have any massage techniques as well as the exercises?

yes...it is a couple of pages in chapter 9.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Moongoddess - I too would love to see the pictures. Hope you will get the kapow results of LouLou.
I do see what you mean about Agless exercises having a massage component to them in that you are grabbing tissue and pulling (almost pinching) on the face as you exercise. Two birds with one good stone.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moongoddess - How many times a week did you do FE? Especially since it is more time consuming - which makes it more difficult especially when life gets busy. And how long have you been flexing?

Thanks.

moongoddess wrote:

m
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Where can I see pictures of LouLou and how fabulous she looks?
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:33 am      Reply with quote
How much is the program and where can I buy it? Have tried to search but can't locate the site.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Here's anotherloulou's site, you can buy the Ageless programme/see her photos on there too. http://www.louiseannette.co.uk/index.html

The Ageless If You Dare messageboard is here http://members4.boardhost.com/ageless/msg/1233335577.html

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you ljk, will take a look.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Moongoddess - How many times a week did you do FE? Especially since it is more time consuming - which makes it more difficult especially when life gets busy. And how long have you been flexing?

Thanks.

moongoddess wrote:
m

Hi Sister Sweets

I had my 2 year anniversary on January 1st!
When i first started flexing i was dedicated to the program and committed to 1 years time to see what it was made of....I flexed at least 5 or 6 days per week, i began w/ only the 14 from the video so as not to overwhelm myself. When i started seeing results, i was jazzed to add from the book and then to tweak my reps. I think i stuck to a 6 day schedule for probably 1 year. I made myself make the time - i wanted results that badly. These days i would say i flex about 3x per week on average. Sometimes i'll do 5 days others 2, of course there are the weeks that grind me down and i have no time. But although i may do 5 days, I never do all 40 in one day - and there are some i NEVER do - after two years it's a very organic process - what feels like it needs work today kinda thing, i can do this because i took the time to build the foundation and the muscle memory. I pretty much have everything memorized so it really feels effortless--and as i go over my schedule for you, i'm thinking....hmm, when do i flex, it's almost as if i don't even notice...i probably flex more often in the winter as i curl up to good movies more (my favorite time to flex)
hope you can follow this
m
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I bought FE on December and Ageless few weeks ago.
I'm doing FE daily and Ageless every second day.
I still don't have LouLou's beautiful cheeks, but they are definitely plumper. As a fitness-addict person I'm sure I will be there (I mean have plump cheeks Laughing ). I've lost 50 pounds after my second daughter and I have no extra weight anymore, just defined muscles. My goal is achieve same on my face Bad Grin

There is topic somewhere in 'Tools' forum. Don't remember exact name, but it was something like 'If you are on uninhabited Island, what one gadget you will take with you?". Last year my answer was Clarisonic. I still love it. But today my answer will be FE and Ageless books. Nobody can separate me from them Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for a great answer. Sis

moongoddess wrote:
m
[/quote]

Hi Sister Sweets

I had my 2 year anniversary on January 1st!
When i first started flexing i was dedicated to the program and committed to 1 years time to see what it was made of....I flexed at least 5 or 6 days per week, i began w/ only the 14 from the video so as not to overwhelm myself. When i started seeing results, i was jazzed to add from the book and then to tweak my reps. I think i stuck to a 6 day schedule for probably 1 year. I made myself make the time - i wanted results that badly. These days i would say i flex about 3x per week on average. Sometimes i'll do 5 days others 2, of course there are the weeks that grind me down and i have no time. But although i may do 5 days, I never do all 40 in one day - and there are some i NEVER do - after two years it's a very organic process - what feels like it needs work today kinda thing, i can do this because i took the time to build the foundation and the muscle memory. I pretty much have everything memorized so it really feels effortless--and as i go over my schedule for you, i'm thinking....hmm, when do i flex, it's almost as if i don't even notice...i probably flex more often in the winter as i curl up to good movies more (my favorite time to flex)
hope you can follow this
m[/quote]
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:

Thanks in advance!!

Loulou's exercises do actively exercise facial muscles if you do them properly.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Lucyluc - Toby's results are very impressive. She has had no surgery or botox or fillers. Through her hard work with FE and Ageless she has created beautiful changes in upper and lower face: lifted, smoother, decreased wrinkling - although she didn't really have much at all, but the total effect is an obvious one. You can only say Wow.

Wow, this is very inspiring. I have both FE and Ageless programs. I admit I did not dedicate myself enough to FE. It took forever! I just started Ageless 4 times (day 1 2x, day 2 2x), so I can't yet see any results, but I think I can manage this one. I will probably do more FE, too, though. I have to dig out the DVD from my drawer. Cool
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Hey Bira

Thats something I hear quite a lot from many people and the trick with learning Flex Effect or any system out there is to break it up into manageable chunks and really master them before attempting to do all 40 exercises. I usually tell people to start out with just the dvd, and thats a great mixed workout of basic and advanced exercises, but Lou's Ageless program is also good, and you might even find that you want to break that up in the beginning until you really master the exercises there. There is no race to doing all 40 exercises, or all exercises of any program out there..... its much easier to stay motivated and maintain consistency if you break it down into smaller chunks and add to it as you go along in time. I love the saying "Rome wasn't built in a day", as our faces weren't either (we go through years of not exercising them), and so when your starting to restrengthen your face... we often expect immediate results whereas we can get them sometimes but they are merely tasters of the iceblock!
Bira wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Lucyluc - Toby's results are very impressive. She has had no surgery or botox or fillers. Through her hard work with FE and Ageless she has created beautiful changes in upper and lower face: lifted, smoother, decreased wrinkling - although she didn't really have much at all, but the total effect is an obvious one. You can only say Wow.

Wow, this is very inspiring. I have both FE and Ageless programs. I admit I did not dedicate myself enough to FE. It took forever! I just started Ageless 4 times (day 1 2x, day 2 2x), so I can't yet see any results, but I think I can manage this one. I will probably do more FE, too, though. I have to dig out the DVD from my drawer. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Bira - agree with Sean. I started with FE (Ageless was not out yet). Love it - and feel neglectful when I don't hit it 3 plus times a week. It's very nice - targets all muscle groups as you may know since you own it. Great overall toning.
Many have started Ageless without FE and are not using anything but Ageless. We are hearing of terrific results from the Ageless program without the time expenditure of FE.

I was sold on FE from the beginning and was diligently using it when Ageless came out so the combining of the two was a welcome change. First of all I lost the time element concern. If I can only do five minutes - I know I'm good to go with Ageless and try to do it at 6 days a week. When I do FE (3+) I feel very accomplished. Less guilt for not working my face for 30 or so minutes everyday. And still feel like I'm aiming for results.

Meanwhile I've thrown in one Eva Frasier eye exercise and a couple Carole Maggio neck exercises. Thanks to my buddies on EDS Very Happy

It's all good.
tish
5% products discount

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am there with Sister Sweets! I feel like I have accomplished something when I get through my FE routine. That said, there are many mornings when all I can manage is my 5 minutes of Ageless. They are both wonderful! For sweet young things Ageless may be enough. I need both and am so thankful they are both available! I am also so grateful for the ladies on this forum who are so willing to share of themselves.
Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I know that facial exercises help with tightening the sagging in the face due to aging, but will it do the same for weight loss? Has anyone been able to lift their jawline after losing weight? And if so, how much? And can anyone tell me what program is best for that? I'm just now losing the baby weight. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Shylass - you might be better off posting in the "Do you do facial exercises thread" where many EDS members do many programs and can perhaps better advise you. This thread is a comparison between two specific programs, and so you will only get opinions based solely on those two programs, and there are probably others out there who have had success using other programs with this that you will want to hear from.
Shylass wrote:
I know that facial exercises help with tightening the sagging in the face due to aging, but will it do the same for weight loss? Has anyone been able to lift their jawline after losing weight? And if so, how much? And can anyone tell me what program is best for that? I'm just now losing the baby weight. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |