Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Comparing Flex Effect vs LouLou's Ageless Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
I know that facial exercises help with tightening the sagging in the face due to aging, but will it do the same for weight loss? Has anyone been able to lift their jawline after losing weight? And if so, how much? And can anyone tell me what program is best for that? I'm just now losing the baby weight. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have been successful doing so with Ageless.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have both programs. I bought FE for more than year, viewed the DVD for once and decided not to try, I got yelled in another topic, I hope not here again because I am just telling the truth is I personally think Deb looks old in the video, it is not convincing. Again, this is my personally feeling, not personal attack. I just left the books and DVD in the drawer.

Few months ago, I follow the thread about LouLou and her e-book is quite cheap, it's worth to try. (I am not in the US, so I paid quite a lot for the FE program, including international shipping etc) And thanks for Bethany, I trust whatever she said.

I have been doing LL one for a month? I can feel my face is tightened and eyes are widen. I have a lunch meeting with people from a local TV channel. This is our first meeting. I showed them to my office after the meeting, and they were surprise to see my children pictures(age 7 and 3). They thought I am very young, age 27,28. I am Asian, age 41, fair skin.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have the video of FE and recently bought Ageless e-book. I tried the FE video religiously for a while and found it to be time consuming. (I'm ok with Deb in the video. She is over 50 years old. Yes, she did look a little tired, but she might have not got enough sleep due to demand on her time from business and what not. So I'm not judging her on how she looked in the video.) I think I tried it for a month at least before I stopped using the video and just did the exercises from memory while in the car (stopping at a red light! not while driving).

Ageless, I have been using it at least once a week. Last week I got really good and did the day 1 and day 2 exercises at least twice a week.

I have not really seen results from Ageless and don't really expect to since I know from doing weights that resistance training and muscle building can take a long time.

What I noticed though is that the eye exercises from FE gave me an immediate lifting result. My upper lids were nice looking immediately. This is the exercise I do in my car often.

Ageless, I can't do in my car because after the exercise, my eyes get blurry. I would have a crash. I don't notice any visible result immediately.

Don't know if this helps anyone but this is just my observation from using the two programs. I think the exercises are easy to do in both but Ageless is a bit easier. It can make your fingers tired though having to hold your flesh for 20 counts. FE has more weird exercise like sticking your fingers in your mouth. I never liked those. I always felt I was doing it wrong.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have the set from Debbie, but to be honest only did a few weeks worth. I also did not like sticking my fingers in my mouth and so forth. I only tried it for a few weeks,
and ended up selling it on ebay.
(And now I shall also sell the C. Maggio one---though I am wondering about her new anti-lipo dvd).
I can tell already that I will be using Ageless every day. It reminds me of callanetics, but for the face. Fast, easy and results in no time at all!
I am so glad too. Trying to do yoga, lift weights, aerobics and other grooming things, its like you'd have to get up at 3 am to get anything done!
Now I do callanetics or Tracey Anderson and Ageless. Easy. Done.
Very Happy
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
tell me about this carol maggio ant-lipo video? how much is she charging? AND can we do it to ourselves?
also - wanted to let you know- two of my students hated the idea of putting their fingers in their mouth and just didn't do those exercises and have had results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I do both Ageless and FE and as much as most people hate the in the mouth exercises... they work. I can feel them working. I alternate days with the two programs and have a nice result going.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I often do my exercises that involve hands in the mouth in the shower... always clean!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Carol's new dvd is called no lipo lipo, I received an email from her about it.
Here is the website: http://www.facercise.com/no-lipo-lipo.shtml

There is a u-tube demo of it too. I have not tried it yet.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
Carol's new dvd is called no lipo lipo, I received an email from her about it.
Here is the website: http://www.facercise.com/no-lipo-lipo.shtml

There is a u-tube demo of it too. I have not tried it yet.

thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I do both Ageless and FE and as much as most people hate the in the mouth exercises... they work. I can feel them working. I alternate days with the two programs and have a nice result going.

Now I wish I had not e-bayed mine. Oh well. haha.
I do think I am in love with this Ageless one.
If there is such a thing as being in love with a program.
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I started doing FE last September. I worked hard at it, did all 40 exercises 5 times a week. To be honest I didn't have great results. My neck looked better but my NL become horrific, very deep and long, I had terrible sag on my upper lids and developed a chimp mouth. I became very gaunt and frankly looked ill, even my husband begged me to stop whatever I was doing because I was looking so lined!!

I started ageless about a month ago and my eyes, nl lines and gauntness are all hugely improved.

I think I shall do some of the forehead/scalp exercise from FE but ageless suits my face much, much better and the results are much quicker Shock Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
claraboo wrote:
I started doing FE last September. I worked hard at it, did all 40 exercises 5 times a week. To be honest I didn't have great results. My neck looked better but my NL become horrific, very deep and long, I had terrible sag on my upper lids and developed a chimp mouth. I became very gaunt and frankly looked ill, even my husband begged me to stop whatever I was doing because I was looking so lined!!

I started ageless about a month ago and my eyes, nl lines and gauntness are all hugely improved.

I think I shall do some of the forehead/scalp exercise from FE but ageless suits my face much, much better and the results are much quicker Shock Shock

How odd that you would get gaunt from these exercises that actually build up. I have to wonder if maybe you were doing some of them incorrectly.

I do the mouth exercises but with less vigor - so I don't get the overbuild chimp-look that you mention here.

I appreciate both of these programs - both have their strengths. I agree with you about FE. I love scalpflex exercise for one.

I also do a few from Carol Maggio - a scooping for the neck, and other neck exercises and her nose exercise - I'm loving that one.

And Lou Lou is terrific. Anybody heard from LouLou? She's been MIA.. for a while.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my,I know this is a off topic..but since it was mentioned....

SansSouci572...

do you do the original callanetics or callanetics evolution (also developed with Calan Pickney)..I adore callanetics evolution..and am going off to do it right now..

but i'm wondering which one you are getting such great results with

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
sistersweets, apparently gauntness is very common as all the muscles get tightened and pulled in.

I think FE was too much for my face Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:12 am      Reply with quote
claraboo wrote:
sistersweets, apparently gauntness is very common as all the muscles get tightened and pulled in.

You are the first I've heard of gauntness. I've heard some say their cheeks got too big and they didn't want that.

I know they are supposed to lift and tone and if you look at Lou Lou you will see the outcome is to build up the cheek area (and lips,etc) not thin it out and make it gaunt.

Anyone else get the gaunt look? This is the first I've heard it to be common?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets - I have not heard of gaunt look, and surprised by it Confused Just as you sister sweets I love advanced exercises (with fingers in the mouth), they really built my cheeks in a nice way. Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey - I am not SansSouci572, but I'd chime in. I do original Callanetics, and absolutely love it! It delivers the results!!! Very Happy Did not try Callanetics Evolution.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I do both callanetics...I would not buy both of the newer callanetics though, because they are the same but one has some extra excercises.
I could not stand the one with the extra exercises, and sold it on Amazon. The instructor bugged me, like it was exercise for seniors on a cruise ship or something. I guess I am a senior, but I still did not like that dvd---the aerobics section. I only liked the toning part.

I am on day 4 with Ageless. I can't really tell if I am doing them right...When I look in the mirror I keep thinking no way are these exercises going to lift up my cheeks.
But since I have no money for a face lift, I may as well try. And the before photos of others...
they look pretty miraculous!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Don't give up Sans Souci - a few weeks and you'll be hooked.

I loved the original callanetics.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just want to chirp in!

I started with Ageless, loved it, had very good results on my upper eyelids and cheeks in no time!!! (About two weeks,...must say I'm 41 right now) I posted on that post about my results until I tried out FE. I do both nowadays!

Following a comment of someone (apparently knowledgeable) on the 'Ageless' post, mentioning that FE was a more comprehensive workout for the facial muscles... I changed to FE.

My results for the time being are, that the FE exercises work all the facial muscles (not all the internal eye ones, but all the visible facial ones)...yet with FE I've had trouble working some of the muscles following the technique of FE, and found it easier to work those muscles with the Ageless technique,... so for particular areas of the face I've started to tweak my own favorites.

For cheeks I use Ageless, for eyes I sometimes do one or the other (they both work the same muscle anyhow)...

Started strong on the lower part of the face exercises of FE. I think they are excellent, but not do me much good doing them every day, so I do them only two or maybe three times a week to keep the area toned but not overbuilt.

I like to do the neck exercise from Ageless, and add similar ones like C. Maggio ones as seen on posts.

Someone mentioned, sorry, can't remember who, about the Ageless being similar to the Stanford Bennett massaging/ex.,... I don't know if it is similar or not, but I can certainly say that since I've discovered the SB rub massage for the cheeks I'm very impressed with it!! Such a simple thing and it makes my cheek muscle ache! Awesome!

In all, I think that facial exercising is great, and I personally don't think there is only one programme that has the best results,... it all depends on what we are personally wanting to achieve.

A.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Don't give up Sans Souci - a few weeks and you'll be hooked.

I loved the original callanetics.

Hi, nothing to do with this post but as it has come up somehow.... Where can I get more info about callanetics? Any link or post in EDS about it?

TIA, A.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
claraboo wrote:

You are the first I've heard of gauntness. I've heard some say their cheeks got too big and they didn't want that.

I know they are supposed to lift and tone and if you look at Lou Lou you will see the outcome is to build up the cheek area (and lips,etc) not thin it out and make it gaunt.

Anyone else get the gaunt look? This is the first I've heard it to be common?

Hi,
I've been doing FE for over 5 years and I did get the gauntness. The muscles do sometimes pull in as they tighten but a building stage follows.
It can be very scary when the gaunt stage happens especially if you have a thin face to begin with. It's the Skeletor look.
It took me awhile to figure it out but I am now very pleased with the contours of my lower cheeks now. They are way better than pre-FE too.
But again it was frightening for a bit.
I am looking forward to adding Loulou's program soon. It sounds very good.
Kim
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
There ia a wealth of information from Loulou on her Ageless forum Louiseannetteproboards.com.

According to my understanding of what she has written, the crush exercise (#6) can at first cause gautness (in some people) but eventually will fill out the lower cheek area.

I personally have never done #6 since I am satisfied with that area of my face the way it is..and don't want to go through a period of gauntness.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Atester,
if there isn't a thread on callanetics..why don't you begin one..as i would be happen to post there.

claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
What I found with FE was that it made all the features I wanted to improve much worse, it aged me and made me look ill.
I know it should work in theory, but i've a feeling that exercises that need that kind of exact finger placement etc should only be done with direct supervision as it is too easy to run into problems and very difficult for the trainers to work out what could be casusing the problems. They can only guess.

I know there are others who have left FE to do ageless and had very similar issues to me. They are all happier doing ageless and are getting good results in a short space of time.

I'm sure there are many people out that who like FE, there are also very dedicated trainers on that board, but personally i like the atmosphere on the ageless boards much better, it's a friendly place to be

Ageless has given me a much more youthful look and it is much more user friendly Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |