Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Comparing Flex Effect vs LouLou's Ageless Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
claraboo wrote:
What I found with FE was that it made all the features I wanted to improve much worse, it aged me and made me look ill.
I know it should work in theory, but i've a feeling that exercises that need that kind of exact finger placement etc should only be done with direct supervision as it is too easy to run into problems and very difficult for the trainers to work out what could be casusing the problems. They can only guess.

I know there are others who have left FE to do ageless and had very similar issues to me. They are all happier doing ageless and are getting good results in a short space of time.

I'm sure there are many people out that who like FE, there are also very dedicated trainers on that board, but personally i like the atmosphere on the ageless boards much better, it's a friendly place to be

Ageless has given me a much more youthful look and it is much more user friendly Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Nice to hear....
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
sister sweets - I have not heard of gaunt look, and surprised by it Confused Just as you sister sweets I love advanced exercises (with fingers in the mouth), they really built my cheeks in a nice way. Smile

it's very common to experience guantness w/ FE (i did as did many others on the fe board)- but eventually those buccinators pop and you get the last laugh!

i'm doing FE again after having stopped for 2+ months - i still do agelss and am grateful to have those excercises in my beauty bag and also for the wisdom Loulou imparts - but for my face, FE ROCKS!!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I find that those really into facial building will try everything out there... and easily find something to add to their bag of tricks.

It really is an extension of body building... Because everyone's facial structures are in fact different (or we would all look the same) it's only makes perfectly good since that what one person responds to amazingly, another might not.

Imagine if YOGA or weight lifting were the ONLY things available to work your body... probably 80% of the world would be dissatisfied.

With regard to having your fingers in a very specific location... well you do need to engage the muscle with resistance... and generally, if you feel the resistance you're pretty well on target. As you learn your face better and become more self aware you will learn how to be more direct. But it's a falsehood to state that it needs to be so specific. If you're not grabbing a muscle, the worse you could do is deeply massage the area you are holding on too. That's going to have a positive effect too. Just not the goal!

I truly don't know all that is involved to be physically self aware. Something tells me it's a bit neurological. I can say that I've taken a dance class or 2 with people that have NO IDEA where they are in space... They are not only a danger to themselves... but others as well...LOL!

At FE we have a handful of certified trainers that are online free of charge and they do their best to answer questions. It can be a guessing game, worse than 20 questions. Sadly, at times it can be very frustrating for trainer and trainee as the trainee might have a hard time explaining their situation... or they don't fess up to other issues. The following is not intended as a sales pitch: However, if a person really feels they need one on one training you only have to go as far as your living room. We have trainers that work with people over the web LIVE, and can direct you. The prices are reasonable.. and A LOT less than I would personally charge!

Regarding gauntness... this "problem" only came up in the last few years. I think in part because the goal of ultra thin is (fortunately) no longer so driven. The "gaunt" look, generally sought after by runway models, also tends to generally belong to the thin person. You can't have a heavy face and a gaunt face, you can have a WIDE face and gaunt look... it's really about existing bone structure.

Here is a recent response regarding the same thing... I'm cutting and pasting one of my posts from FE here:

Now, regarding the gaunt hollowness. Take a look at your face. The buccinator is NOT MEANT to fill out the cheeks. It's "action is to pull the cheek against the teeth to move food during chewing and to make blowing or sucking motions... Further when the buccinator muscles lose their tone and elasticity, the cheeks bulge uncontrollably when a person makes a blowing motion.... This is a condition called Gillespies pouches." Taken from Human Anatomy...

Tightening the muscle can "suck it in a bit" similar to your abs... but then as you continue to build the muscle, just like the abs (if you're lucky) you can get it to pump out (that would be the six pack part, except it more of a cut, not a bulge) a bit... and I mean A BIT!

HOWEVER, if you focus on your cheeks with a gusto... the Quadralabi Sub and Sup, and the zygomaticus.. thus increasing their size, you will enhance the sunkenness of the Buccs... and therefore look more gaunt...

Kind of like a tiny waist looks smaller without any work, if the boobs and hips get bigger... and the tiny waist looks thick, without a change in dimensions if the boobs and hip are small. These are body structures at work... Among other body types, a person can be an hour glass, or a boy body... Body building would address these issues as well... you would do a totally different workout for each body type in effort to attain a certain look... and then let's face it... you may or may not EVER have the body for competing... it's as simple as that!

With FE, you have the power, with knowledge to adjust your program to your physical needs, your time frame, your whatever.

Kudos to LouLou, for breaking out a program to address a very specific need for people. It was so exciting to watch her transformation with FE that took over 2 years. My god, the fights she had with others online defending her results were truly unreal. Her perseverance, and refusal to give into the laws of nature having brought forward a smiling beauty!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Don't give up Sans Souci - a few weeks and you'll be hooked.

I loved the original callanetics.

Thank you Sister Sweets (what a sweet name lol)

You know when you pull your face up with your hands, to see what you would look like with a face lift? Its gotta be at least an inch! And I have a hard time getting my arms etc to build up an inch, all that on a face, such a small space!
So It doesnt' make sense it would work! Your face would have to be all puffed out to pull an inch of cheek skin up!
Well. I don't get it. But I will do them anyway.

Rolling Eyes
And about the callanetics again..for the other poster, I would get the original first. The exercise that is most coveted I think is the one that makes your behind look like a "precious peach." You have to turn your hips in a most small and precise way, then they are lifted up, made round and high, and saddle bags vanish. The very slightest movement takes care of everything,if you turn your hip just so.
The before and after photos are shocking, just like Loulou's. They are on the original, not the evolution one.

That is why these exercises remind me of callanetics. They arn't very hard, don't take long, and cut to the chase to do the most results in the least amount of time, from what people are saying anyway. I hope its callanetics for the face!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Atester,
if there isn't a thread on callanetics..why don't you begin one..as i would be happen to post there.

First of all: Sorry everyone for sending a post off topic!
Hi Jasminerosey,... well, I haven't come across any thread about Callanetics here right now... Maybe I should search further back!

In any case, I'm trying to learn more about it so I don't think I'm the most suitable person to start a post on it, as I haven't a clue!! Sent you a PM about it.

Hugs, A.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sans Souci = I had to laugh when you were describing the pulling up of the face to approximate a face lift. Hey, we've all done that one.
I think what you get with facial exercise is a change of landscape. You'll get some better contour and tone and a lift around the cheeks. It's not like a face lift in that it pulls all the skin up and away. The effect is a better over all look. And the massage you get will give you better blood flow which adds health to the face.

Yes, I remember Callan Pinkney (that is her name) turning your behind into a precious peach. What a hoot.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
About facial exercises, FE vs. Ageless,
I have to make use of some of the Ageless exercises as the FE technique just doesn't make me feel the muscle I want to work is working. So I substitute for certain areas...
On other areas the FE are good, at least for me, I do like the Scalp Flex, and many others but not on a daily basis as they recomend as they just seem to be too much and I land in overbuild... Must say, I build muscle in no time in my body, just discovered in the last few months the same happens on my facial muscles.
My only concern about FE exercises programme is not actually with the exercises themselves but with the actual fact according to book that they recomend them all practically every day (six days and one rest) I seem to get on better doing major muscles more often and certain exercises just to keep them tonified, like the Ageless attitude, ... I personally wouldn't do the extras of Ageless once a month but once a week,... but that is only my opinion.

On the other hand, nothing to do with the exercises themselves, about FE on the only facial-builders forum (with code) there does seem to be a tense feeling sometimes,... I seem to feel I have to watch my words and never, ever, mention that I try out other facial exercise programmes. I only once mentioned I was going to follow another programme on a certain area, and that was the end of the post. Still it may just have been that they agreed with my decision...

Whatever, I love both the FE exercises for certain areas and the Ageless for certain areas!!

A.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Sans Souci = I had to laugh when you were describing the pulling up of the face to approximate a face lift. Hey, we've all done that one.
I think what you get with facial exercise is a change of landscape. You'll get some better contour and tone and a lift around the cheeks. It's not like a face lift in that it pulls all the skin up and away. The effect is a better over all look. And the massage you get will give you better blood flow which adds health to the face.

Yes, I remember Callan Pinkney (that is her name) turning your behind into a precious peach. What a hoot.

SansSouci572 - facial exercises & massage is one of the best things you can do for your beauty. You build and tone your facial muscles giving your face youthful look, and on the face while one inch might be ideal in some circumstances, every millimeter matters and contributes to our beauty. One millimeter at a time we start looking better and better. Facial exercises top my beauty treatments list, I know that even if I am stuck on an uninhabited island, I will still look good, because nobody can take away my facial exercises, they are always readily available for me Laughing

I got outlines of my six pack with Callanetics too woohoo!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
... My only concern about FE exercises programme is not actually with the exercises themselves but with the actual fact according to book that they recomend them all practically every day (six days and one rest) I seem to get on better doing major muscles more often and certain exercises just to keep them tonified, like the Ageless attitude, ... I personally wouldn't do the extras of Ageless once a month but once a week,... but that is only my opinion.

Whatever, I love both the FE exercises for certain areas and the Ageless for certain areas!!

This is in line with my feeling as well. I was doing FlexEffect on a recommended schedule, and whenever I skipped a day I felt so guilty Sad Ageless has good attitude, and gave me peace of mind in regard to the schedule. Both programs are valuable. We are in a great position to be able to learn, and tweak what is right for us as individuals. LouLou is definitely one of the most wonderful, warm, and inspiring people. Smile
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree about the tense feeling that could be felt on FE. I too felt I had to be very careful about the words I chose, which was sad.

I put it down to cultural/cross atlantic differences Very Happy Very Happy .

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moongoddess,

KNowing that all our faces are different...

I'd still be very interested to know what led you back to doing FE (while incorporating the Ageless exercises)

Did you notice a decrease in your facial tone, lift, etc?

If so..where?

And also, if so...do you notice an improvement in those same areas since you have begun to re-train with FE?

Do you do all the FE exercises everyday..or just ones that you find have really worked well for you?

Are there any FE or Ageless exercises that feel counter productive to your facial rejuvenating process?

Sorry for all the questions, and understand if you haven't time to respond to them all...but I have followed your progress on various threads and respect your journey and prospective.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Just to add a thought here, but the daily thing is only something we recommend for beginners while they are learning their faces during the first year, particularly when learning the techniques and movements, its not something that your committed to forever and when you have gained that knowledge you should adapt for sure.

I have had lapses in my training times where I haven't been able to flex because of work projects etc.... but I didn't loose results that I had gained, and fortunately enough when I got back to working out, I was really fast in getting back to the point I had left off.

We say to try to aim daily in the beginning, because it is an educational process, learning your own face, its strengths and weakenesses, and I think that working out daily really gives you that thorough grounding and conditions the muscles, getting them used to being challenged and stimulated, but there are times when its not advisable to work out daily for sure.... and health challenges is one of the most paramount ones for me.

If someone has for example, an immune challenging condition, then they need to follow their intuition and sometimes it might be a case of working out only twice a week with 3 days in between etc.

Just really wanted to add that as food for thought.
ATester wrote:
My only concern about FE exercises programme is not actually with the exercises themselves but with the actual fact according to book that they recomend them all practically every day (six days and one rest) I seem to get on better doing major muscles more often and certain exercises just to keep them tonified, like the Ageless attitude, ... I personally wouldn't do the extras of Ageless once a month but once a week,... but that is only my opinion.

On the other hand, nothing to do with the exercises themselves, about FE on the only facial-builders forum (with code) there does seem to be a tense feeling sometimes,... I seem to feel I have to watch my words and never, ever, mention that I try out other facial exercise programmes. I only once mentioned I was going to follow another programme on a certain area, and that was the end of the post. Still it may just have been that they agreed with my decision...

A.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Just to add a thought here, but the daily thing is only something we recommend for beginners while they are learning their faces during the first year, particularly when learning the techniques and movements, its not something that your committed to forever and when you have gained that knowledge you should adapt for sure.

I have had lapses in my training times where I haven't been able to flex because of work projects etc.... but I didn't loose results that I had gained, and fortunately enough when I got back to working out, I was really fast in getting back to the point I had left off.

We say to try to aim daily in the beginning, because it is an educational process, learning your own face, its strengths and weakenesses, and I think that working out daily really gives you that thorough grounding and conditions the muscles, getting them used to being challenged and stimulated, but there are times when its not advisable to work out daily for sure.... and health challenges is one of the most paramount ones for me.

Well, that makes perfect sense to me! Doing them daily to begin with to really get to know my own face, feel the muscles, and practising the exercises to do them correctly... once that is more or less achieved it's just a question of following instinct and tweaking the exercises to one's own needs!!

I'm really pleased I've found out about facial exercises, whether FE or Ageless... It gives a sense of power in yourself.

By the way, thanks Sean, as you've always helped me out in understanding certain exercises in FE. Very Happy
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
well put ATester.

I just want to say that i've never felt pressure to do FE everyday (except from myself), although it is suggested in the beginning. What i always heard loud and clear was that if you do fall off the daily schedule, Don't Worry, muscle has memory. This is why i was willing to give up FE to try Ageless on it's own--and i can now say from experience that my face is coming together really quickly.
I'm not sure why Ageless didn't give me the pump in the cheeks it seemed to give everyone else - (i know i'm not doing the excercises wrong)- maybe i had already had so much build from FE that there was nothing left to change -
since i'm still looking for those elusive gorgous cheeks, i think i'm gonna try Loulou and Loli's boot-camp and add some Ageless ex's. - i'll report back!
Oh, one more thing, Ageless has given me a better understanding of my individual needs - i now know i don't need to do all of the jowl excercises everyday- one i do daily, but another i do only once a week-this is keeping my jawline/chin softer, less square - BUT I DO NEED TO DO THEM - Also, I MUST do brow smoother at lest 5x a week - takes 15 seconds and gives me a SMOOTH BROW! LouLou's eye ex. Rocks at toning my eyes - it's all i need, but i do FE upper lid one because it makes my eyes sparkle a beautiful bright green...
m
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Cheek bootcamp and 3-in-1 exercise rock!!! They are a bomb for cheeks!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry... I have to correct that Boot Camp is the creation of LOLI only...

Thanks...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it makes sense, and I am trying to work out a better way of saying it for newbies, so any ideas please let me know. We all fall off the bandwagon at some point in our first year, and I always tell people if they miss a day, don't dwell on it or let it sit in their mind. I always like to think of it as a healthy habit, and as Deb explains on the dvd/cd, if you start up with a plan like working out on Mon, Wed, Fri, unless your a major scheduler and work on a rota, those best laid plans do get interrupted.

Its also the same with many exercise programs for the body, in that in the beginning you do something daily, maybe not the same body part, but something to get into a habit of doing it regularly.

Once you kind of have that solid foundation of your own face, and which muscles are already strong and respond within seconds, and which ones need a little more timing or an additional rep to get the desired result... your good to go and experiment. I think people sometimes misunderstand when we say train daily for a year to thinking it means train daily for life and nothing could be further from the truth. In fact only a short while ago, Jason (one of the trainers when I was a student) popped by and mentioned he rarely trains 3x a week now and still gets results - and I have seen the same for me too. I even know of one person who only trains twice a week now and maintains her excellent results.... and so I always like to mention this for others as I think its important to recognise that it does become a plan you can live with.

With any facial exercise program out there, regular consistent practice does get results, but it needs to be consistent. I kind of compare it to doing a body exercise program like yoga. If I started yoga, and did an hour workout for 3 weeks, you can bet there is no way I would get the same results as someone who had done maybe 1/2 an hour a day over a year. But that said, 3 weeks isn't enough time to really say I got the vibe of yoga and could experience all its benefits, its progressive like most systems of exercise, and the more regularly you do it the better the results!
ATester wrote:
Well, that makes perfect sense to me! Doing them daily to begin with to really get to know my own face, feel the muscles, and practising the exercises to do them correctly... once that is more or less achieved it's just a question of following instinct and tweaking the exercises to one's own needs!!

I'm really pleased I've found out about facial exercises, whether FE or Ageless... It gives a sense of power in yourself.

By the way, thanks Sean, as you've always helped me out in understanding certain exercises in FE. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
I'm sorry... I have to correct that Boot Camp is the creation of LOLI only...

Thanks...

we've already sorted this out claudia - loulou hopped on to the discussion and set the record straight, she was part of BC (actually, i beleive you were a part of that conversation)...not that it matters now, she clearly forged a new path and her work stands on it's own.
best
m
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Is the bootcamp easily found on FE?

I think mpstat gave me some direction here but I've lost my way!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Is the bootcamp easily found on FE?

I think mpstat gave me some direction here but I've lost my way!

sister sweets - read Loli's posts on page two of lifting up cheeks thread on FlexEffect (Facialbuilders Only) forum:
FlexEffect WorkShop :: General :: Mid Face :: lifting up cheeks

It has info on both updated 3 in 1 exercise and Bootcamp.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I guess that sounded like I was making an issue out of it... I'm aware those that are discussing this topic are well aware... even when they accidentally write otherwise. The info is really for those that are reading along and might have missed it... Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Question anyway...
sis, i owe you a pm...please give me a few days
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks mpstat... I appreciate that!

...In any case...
I'm sure most people at EDS don't know the players nor have an interest in who started the boot camp for cheeks. Many are using Ageless anyway, some using FE Or like me - both. I did think LL gave Loli credit for the bootcamp but Lou Lou had involvement also. Yes, I remember this discussion previously also.
Loli has great cheeks too. Inspiring.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had results from Ageless by doing Day1 and Day2 just once a week? Confused
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Has anyone had results from Ageless by doing Day1 and Day2 just once a week? Confused

Bira - ten minutes per week of exercises sound insufficient to me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |