Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Comparing Flex Effect vs LouLou's Ageless Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't done any of the FE exercises, but have been doing Ageless for 45 days missing only a few days here and there so that is nearly a solid 45. The most dramatic difference for me thus far was just shy of the 1 month mark...I have gotten a lot of lift around my upper eye area and my under eye looks a lot smoother with barely a line to be seen in under a month (except my smile induced ones!)I also use the AALS which I think has helped the under eye area as well. But, the lift in the upper portion is pretty awesome! I wasn't even looking to achieve that as it wasn't something that bothered me about my face. But, I am glad it happened anyway as my eye's look so much more alert and my eyeliner actually stays on A LOT longer!!!

Just now hitting 45 days and I think I see my cheeks starting to respond. This I have noticed the last couple days so it is still an early development! But my cheeks look a bit puffier and my tear trough outer ends seem to be starting to turn up slightly instead of heading straight down my cheeks. In the last week I have been slowing down and concentrating more on each exercises. But, the cheek lifting (I hope that I am really seeing!) is very exciting for me and was my main goal with the exercises.

I chose Ageless due to the short time it took to get through the exercises. I know that FE has many more exercises and takes a lot longer to get through and that just didn't appeal to me. Perhaps down the road I may just purchase the FE to implement some of their exercises in with Ageless, but for now, I have been extremely pleased with what Ageless has done for me and can't wait to see myself months down the road!! Best $10 I ever spent!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
i have done both programmes and have also noticed that flexeffect builds up more of the face, whereas ageless concentrates more on just building cheeks

iv also noticed flexeffect builds more for me anyway the upper part of the cheek along the cheekbones, so although my cheekbones looked higher i used to get a lot of comments that i looked gaunt where the rest of my cheeks ie. midcheeks hadnt built, so looked hollower

now ive been doing the ageless cheek exercises the mid part of my cheek is much more full, but those exercises dont build so much the upper cheek

so now i am incorporatign a mixture of both to get the best of both worlds!

the flexeffect definitely builds the lower face more so it depends what your individual needs are

i also think flexeffect does more for the eyes

for me flexeffect gave my mouth more of a pouty look in that the whole mouth area protrudes more, but with ageless the corners of my mouth turn up more

so its just down to finding the right exercises to suit your face, and maybe doing a mixture of both, or doing flexeffect when you have more time and ageless when you have less
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Moongoddess - How many times a week did you do FE? Especially since it is more time consuming - which makes it more difficult especially when life gets busy. And how long have you been flexing?

Thanks.

moongoddess wrote:
m

Hi Sister Sweets

I had my 2 year anniversary on January 1st!
When i first started flexing i was dedicated to the program and committed to 1 years time to see what it was made of....I flexed at least 5 or 6 days per week, i began w/ only the 14 from the video so as not to overwhelm myself. When i started seeing results, i was jazzed to add from the book and then to tweak my reps. I think i stuck to a 6 day schedule for probably 1 year. I made myself make the time - i wanted results that badly. These days i would say i flex about 3x per week on average. Sometimes i'll do 5 days others 2, of course there are the weeks that grind me down and i have no time. But although i may do 5 days, I never do all 40 in one day - and there are some i NEVER do - after two years it's a very organic process - what feels like it needs work today kinda thing, i can do this because i took the time to build the foundation and the muscle memory. I pretty much have everything memorized so it really feels effortless--and as i go over my schedule for you, i'm thinking....hmm, when do i flex, it's almost as if i don't even notice...i probably flex more often in the winter as i curl up to good movies more (my favorite time to flex)
hope you can follow this
m
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
For improving bone density plus firming up the muscles, I do Carolyn's Face Firmer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuOPtu4UUQ&list=PLW_MqSYUyF7kVWJLhNQiOdARhnKD1c69C&index=2
Since my natural tendancy is to modify everything, I follow her basic technique of contracting the targetted muscle and pressing firmly with the heels of my hands for 10 seconds.
You're staying in ONE place for 10 seconds.
I go all over the face, crows feet, everything. For the neck, I lie down and lift my head slightly to contract the neck.
You really feel the muscles when you're done. And of course, I modify my own modifications.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |