Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
High Praise for Virgin Lands Avocado Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Product: Virgin Lands 100% Hass Avocado Oil Unrefined, Cold Extraction

Color: Green

Price: About $10

Where: Whole Foods Market

What I like about it: It helps to keep my skin hydrated. It also makes my skin soft and reduces pore size.

Usage: Night time (or if skin feels dry after cleansing, then very lightly in the morning)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am in love with avocado oil, it's one of my favorites. Here are a few facts regarding how great it is for our skin.

Avocado oil is rich in the essential fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 9 to assist in keeping your skin strong and hydrated. Plus it's packed with Vitamins A, B1, B2, and D + E.

* bursting with anti-ageing antioxidants
* is highly compatible with our skin’s own sebum
* has natural sun-screening properties higher than those found in other plant oils
* contains lecithin, a natural humectant that * keeps your skin beautifully moist
* features phytosterols, a group of plant ingredients which provide protection from water loss in the skin and increase the surface lipids
* offers salvation for all skin types from sensitive, dry to oily
* is fabulously moisturizing, soothing and protective.

A quick google will bring up much more on the benefits of this amazing oil!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, Kassy got me hooked on avocado oil too! It's thick enough to really protect against the harsh winter elements and dry air.
ruk1, how big a bottle do you get for $10? Does it have a fragrance? I don't mind the green color as long as it doesn't stain....does it? Sounds great!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Oh yeah, Kassy got me hooked on avocado oil too! It's thick enough to really protect against the harsh winter elements and dry air.
ruk1, how big a bottle do you get for $10? Does it have a fragrance? I don't mind the green color as long as it doesn't stain....does it? Sounds great!!

Fawnie, it's 8.25 fl.oz. or 250 ml. Great deal! I've been using it for close to 6 months. The green color does not stain. It absorbs into the skin after you massage it in.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I am in love with avocado oil, it's one of my favorites. Here are a few facts regarding how great it is for our skin.

Avocado oil is rich in the essential fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 9 to assist in keeping your skin strong and hydrated. Plus it's packed with Vitamins A, B1, B2, and D + E.

* has natural sun-screening properties higher than those found in other plant oils
* contains lecithin, a natural humectant that * keeps your skin beautifully moist
* features phytosterols, a group of plant ingredients which provide protection from water loss in the skin and increase the surface lipids

Thanks for posting these benefits. I had no idea it has natural sunscreen property. This is great to know. I'll start using it in the morning, too, then.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
That's a really good price you got. I paid about $16 for an 8.45oz one at Jewel (diff brand). I bought mine to use for cooking, but might sneek it in for topical use sometime too.

Kassy - any idea how it compares to emu oil? I have very oily skin and can use just a drop of emu w/out causing any problems or shine on my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Kassy - any idea how it compares to emu oil? I have very oily skin and can use just a drop of emu w/out causing any problems or shine on my skin.

Pure Emu oil (from birds) is great stuff, and has many of the same properties as Avocado;

Emu oil naturally contains Vitamin E, which is a major antioxidant and healing agent; Vitamin A, a known skin repairer and antioxidant; Linoleic acid, which helps to ease muscle aches and joint pain; Oleic acid, which is a proven skin cell regenerator and anti-wrinkle agent; Sapogens, proven skin softeners; and Terpines, known antiseptics.

Check out this site for much more info on Emu;

http://www.emuoilguide.com/

I often think that folks with oily skin tend to stay away from oils thinking it will make matters worse, when in fact the right oils can often rectify the problem.. Emu and Avocado share quite a few of the same properties that are totally compatible to our skins sebum, so me's thinking, when applied to the skin sparingly and then massaged in, it would actually break up/soften the hardened sebum in clogged pores, and allow for easier emptying..

I don't have oily skin, but if I did I would try the following; (In fact this is great for any skin type, and I practice it regularly on my normal skin..Dry girls will really love it;)

- Cleanse with a gentle cleanser (harsh cleansers will strip the skin, and actually cause more sebum to be produced!)

- Now I would press a nice hot damp washcloth on face + neck to open the pores and bring all the oxygen enriched blood to the surface.

- Now it would be time to take several drops of any of the following oils, or even a combination of them, (emu, avocado, palm, squalane), and massage it all over face + neck (including eye area) for several minutes.. Give yourself a really good massage, and really get the blood pumping!

- Whatever your skin needs will be absorbed in about 10 minutes, and the rest can be easily blotted away with the hot damp washcloth again as a final step. (Don't be surprised if your skin drinks it all in!) Many will be surprised to find, they need no additional moisturizer, and the skin will be moist, soft and glowing! Doing this several times per week (or even nightly) will really give you a very happy skin, and reduce the need for expensive moisturizers that are loaded with chemicals.

ETA: Personally I don't use the birdie or shark oils, and opt for the vegetable/fruit variety of oils.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
That's a really good price you got. I paid about $16 for an 8.45oz one at Jewel (diff brand). I bought mine to use for cooking, but might sneek it in for topical use sometime too.

Foxe,

I would be cautious with avocado oil on oily skin types. It can aggravate acne and clogged pores in oily skins. It's better suited for dry skin types. There are many other better suited oils for oily skins. Here is a great site to research carrier oils. You will see a sampler pack for oily skin, where you can try out some appropriate COs for your skin type. I've used hazelnut by itself and mixed 50/50 with argan and that works well for me. If you are oily, the hazelnut has a alittle astingent quality and it also has natural sunscreen properties. I would use only when you feel really dry though. You don't want to get overly dependent on it. You want your skin to start producing it's own moisture naturally.

http://www.naturesgift.com/aromatherapycar_ord.htm
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have oily skin, so the avocado oil is ok for me.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Kassy_A"](Don't be surprised if your skin drinks it all in!)quote]

My skin seems to be doing that when I use the oil ~ drinks it all in.
kathyt

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Does the avocado oil have to be diluted with anything or used straight from the bottle? Thanks.[/size]
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:18 am      Reply with quote
kathyt wrote:

Does the avocado oil have to be diluted with anything or used straight from the bottle? Thanks.[/size]

You can do whatever works for you. If I use it in the day, I thin it down. At night I often mix it with other oils, or just straight on it's own..

Your skin will always tell you what it likes. Just make sure you listen to it!

ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
kathyt wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I have never used it diluted. In the morning, I used a very small amount, and rub on my palms before I pat them on my face so it won't get too oily. At night, I slather it on and massage it in well. It feels very good on my skin. It just seems to drink it all in. I wake up with a fresh look to the skin.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I became interested in this oil after checking through the ingredients in Karin Herzog's Vitamin H cream. Just bought a bottle from GOW (8oz. $7.25 US Unrefined cold pressed).

I'm going to add this and a bit of carrot oil to my homemade sunscreen because they're both great for UV protection - both oils are already in the Vit. H. so just adding a little bit more.

Mainly I bought it for a hair treatment (and extra skin moisturizing if needed). Apparently both the avocado and carrot oils are excellent for hair, promoting growth, etc.

I searched all over the net and it is very difficult to find organic avocado oil. If I did find it, was usually refined (not as potent) or from New Zealand (too far).
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:
I became interested in this oil after checking through the ingredients in Karin Herzog's Vitamin H cream. Just bought a bottle from GOW (8oz. $7.25 US Unrefined cold pressed).

I'm going to add this and a bit of carrot oil to my homemade sunscreen because they're both great for UV protection - both oils are already in the Vit. H. so just adding a little bit more.

Mainly I bought it for a hair treatment (and extra skin moisturizing if needed). Apparently both the avocado and carrot oils are excellent for hair, promoting growth, etc.

I searched all over the net and it is very difficult to find organic avocado oil. If I did find it, was usually refined (not as potent) or from New Zealand (too far).

That's a good price from GOW. Let us know how you like it.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
The price is comparable I believe - have to pay extra for exchange rate and shipping cost. I didn't even know there was a Whole Foods Market right around the corner from where I work... well now I do Smile. I'll have to wander over and see if they have it and how much in Cdn. $.

Will keep you posted but it will be a week or so.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:
The price is comparable I believe - have to pay extra for exchange rate and shipping cost. I didn't even know there was a Whole Foods Market right around the corner from where I work... well now I do Smile. I'll have to wander over and see if they have it and how much in Cdn. $.

Will keep you posted but it will be a week or so.

True! I forgot about the shipping cost and exchange rate. GOW is reasonable with shipping cost but I don't know how much it is to ship something to canada.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
They definitely have avocado oil at Whole Foods, in their grocery section and their health and beauty section. For Vancouver girls there is also a wonderful local brand that is sold in Whole foods called Natures Creations. All their facial oils contain avocado oil plus lot's of other great oils for the skin.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
NewDirections has it for about $9 a liter...
I use their products all the time - they are a very reputable wholesaler, they perform thorough product checks and tests.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
NewDirections has it for about $9 a liter...
I use their products all the time - they are a very reputable wholesaler, they perform thorough product checks and tests.

Is this for the Virgin Lands avocado oil? Wow, $9 a liter is cheap, but it will take forever to use it up. The size I got I just used half, and it's been several months now.
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I went to the Oakville and Yorkville Whole Foods Market website but cannot find Virgin Lands avocado oil.

Can somebody tell me where I can get this in Toronto and how much does it cost?

Thanks.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Mely09 wrote:
I went to the Oakville and Yorkville Whole Foods Market website but cannot find Virgin Lands avocado oil.

Thanks.

I'm not in Canada, but I found mine in the cooking oil section. The bottle is dark green with a picture of the Hass avocado on it. Have you asked someone who works in the store to help you find it?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

This information has me really wanting to try avocado oil... Or using in DIY!
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Mely09 wrote:

Thanks.

I looked on the website as well but I don't think they put every item in the store online. Have yet to walk over there as it's a bit of a jaunt from work. You could try looking in health food stores. As long as it's cold pressed unrefined it should be ok I would think.

I ordered mine from GOW. I looked all over the net and found GOW to be reliable because some places don't specify whether the oil is refined or unrefined, and also I wanted to order other items from them.

Just started using mine and it's great! Can't wait to try a oil treatment on my hair.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:
Mely09 wrote:

Thanks.

I looked on the website as well but I don't think they put every item in the store online. Have yet to walk over there as it's a bit of a jaunt from work. You could try looking in health food stores. As long as it's cold pressed unrefined it should be ok I would think.

I ordered mine from GOW. I looked all over the net and found GOW to be reliable because some places don't specify whether the oil is refined or unrefined, and also I wanted to order other items from them.

Just started using mine and it's great! Can't wait to try a oil treatment on my hair.

I did not know you can use the oil in your hair as well. Could you please share how you plan to use it?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |