Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BB Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is originated from Korea. I heard that it provides sun protection and a foundation like effect on the skin but it looks so~ natural. But I'm not sure where I can get it here and it seems like this BB Cream has many different brands. So how can one tell which one is good? Anyone know about this can give me more info on it? Thanks! Smile
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use BB cream. If I didn't have discoloration and scars from acne, I would use it alone. But I need more coverage, so I use BB cream as a primer or base.
You can find these in Asian grocery stores.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
IMO it's kinda like a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, although they claim many other benefit for skin. It was quite popular in Asia last year, many brands in the market, maybe you could try eBay I think.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
My frd said a Korean brand "Missha" is quite good...
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies ladies! But what exactly is BB cream? I mean...it seems like there're many brands out there that offer this BB Cream thingy... At first I thought BB Cream is the brand name but then later found out that it's just a product under many different brands.

I heard that it can adjust to anyone's skintone? Also, does anyone know the exact ingredients for it especially the sunscreen ingredients? Thanks! Smile
ramses
5% products discount

Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
AFAIK BB cream is a product name, not a brand name. BB is short for Blemish Balm, originally from Korea. It claims to be gentle and some other benefit, IMO it's a bit like tinted moisturizer with SPF.

Here is the ingredients list of MiSSHA Watery BB cream SPF 27 / PA++

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Alcohol Denat, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Vinyldimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Nelumbium speciosum, Sodium Citrate, Glycine, Citric Acid, Cyclomethicone, Diamond powder, Serine, Glutamic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethyl menthane carboxamide, Coral powder, Pearl powder, Aspartic acid, Leucine, Amethyst powder, Tourmaline, Lysine, Alanine, Isoleucine, Tyrosine, Threonine, Proline, Valine, Phenylalanine, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, Histidine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methionine, Cysteine, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Arginine, Astaxanthin, Platinum Powder, Parfum, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, Limonene
MAY CONTAIN [+/-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I thought Blemish Balm originally came from the company that makes Green Peel?

I get a small pot of BB from my derm everytime after having a Green Peel. Personally I don't really like the stuff as it is rather thick and hard to spread. Also, there's only one shade of color and it doesn't really match my skin tone. However, it's supposed to control inflammation and calm down redness, so I follow the doctor's orders very strictly and use BB for at least 10 days after getting a peel. HTH
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great blog entry on BB Creams:

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2008/08/blemish-balm-cream-what-is-bb-cream.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
This is a great blog entry on BB Creams:

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2008/08/blemish-balm-cream-what-is-bb-cream.html

OMG, I love the title of her blog, musings from a cosmetic whore! Laughing
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I live in a country where a lot of ladies are using BB cream and I read their reviews sometimes for interest. There are many brands available. The main cons:

1. Not easy to find a colour match, especially if you are very fair skinned.

2. The coverage and finish (matte or luminous) varies with different brands.

3. Some people develop skin bumps and breakouts on BB cream (not predictable beforehand which brands would cause you problems, it varies with the individual).

Although it looks very natural, it is a bugger to remove at the end of the day. One girl reported that she accidentally spilled some on her basin and had to scrub and scrub to get it off. This put her off using it as she realized that no way would she be able to scrub her skin so hard in order to remove it. Maybe that is why quite a few people get skin bumps using BB creams. The cosmetic results are fantastic but it seems the long term effects might not be so favourable if it predisposes to skin bumps. If you have problem-free skin and are not prone to clogged pores and bumps, you may try but I am not sure it's worth the time and effort to hunt down the BB cream and purchase it because it's a bit of a hit-and-miss product. Well, I'll stop now as there are probably lots of ardent supporters of BB cream who are going to shoot me down. I'm giving you my view of the feedback I've read in local forums here.

*** If you think it's going to replace your sunblock, I can assure you that no way would it provide high PPD (UVA protection) from those ingredients that I've read. Most are PA++(PPD 4 to 6)rather than PA+++(PPD8). None would be more than PPD10. And they don't really layer that well over a high PPD sunblock either (tends to get cakey).
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Thanks for the replies ladies! But what exactly is BB cream? I mean...it seems like there're many brands out there that offer this BB Cream thingy... At first I thought BB Cream is the brand name but then later found out that it's just a product under many different brands.

I heard that it can adjust to anyone's skintone? Also, does anyone know the exact ingredients for it especially the sunscreen ingredients? Thanks! Smile

Here's ingredients list for one of the highest SPF bb creams. Missha SPF42 PA+++:

Water (aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG - 10/1 Dimethcone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, PEG - 10 Dimethicone, Arbutin, Magnesiu, Aluminium Silicate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Caviar Extract, Adenosine, Algae Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Lea Extract, Sodium Hyalorunate, Ceramide 3, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Fragrance (parfum), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 - Cyclohexene Carbozaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha - Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol. MAY CONTAIN (+/-; Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
BB Cream is also known as blemish balm cream. I'm using a korean brand - Hanskin. It's really good but it don't come cheap. Many brands are now offering BB creams with various functions. BB cream normally comes in one one or two tone, so it's quite tough to choose one that suits your skin tone. =)
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
My fiend bought me a BB Cream from Korea. But I pregnant can't use it because it have the whitening ingredients.
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
i didn't know that you can't use whitening products during pregnancy. Anyway, if the BB cream is new in box, it can keep for some time. U'll love it.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
BB cream is very popular in our country, but actually, 90% of BB cream are made in Korea. I suggest you to try skinfood, which is supposed to be all nature.
seraphic
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I love BB Cream. I used it to replace my foundation. It act as a concealer as well. It blends with our skin color. It contains SPF too. A wonderful creation i think~

Currently i have Skinfood aloe vera, Missha Watery And Coggi. These are quite budget. Try search in Ebay and you may find good deals. Many of us in Singapore order directly from Taiwan or Korea. Its much more cheaper.

Missha Watery
Texture: light
Coverage: medium
Oil-Control: medium for me.
Dewyness: matt
Overall comment: It moisture my face. Love the moisture just that the coverage is not so good. I need to apply about 2-3layers to cover some scar.

Skinfood aloe vera
Texture: Light but thicker then Missha
Coverage: Good
Oil-Control: medium better den Missha
Dewyness: give a slighty glow
Overall comment: It has a light smell. This is good enough for me. As foundation may clogs my pore and need make up remover. I replace it with this BB cream every morning to work as a basic makeup! I can simply wash away with my facial cleanser!

Coggi
Texture: light
Coverage: Light
Oil-Control: medium for me.
Dewyness: give a dewy glow
Overall comment: this bb cream is rather dry as compare to skinfood althou it does moisture my skin a little. Seldom use this because i feel it rather abit dry to blend. It act as a spare just incase my BB cream run out!

Here is a review of some major BB creams that is popular in Singapore. It is rather detailed and have lots of comparison

http://kimoko.livejournal.com/?tag=bb+cream
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
seraphic, do you think BB cream is also suitable for sensitive skin? during my ovulation period (~1week), my skin is so sensitive (very dry, oily, and redness) that i dont want to apply anything on my face(and dont know what should I use actually), if simply applying BB cream can replace toner, serum, moisturer and sunblock, it sound worth to try~
seraphic
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:
seraphic, do you think BB cream is also suitable for sensitive skin? during my ovulation period (~1week), my skin is so sensitive (very dry, oily, and redness) that i dont want to apply anything on my face(and dont know what should I use actually), if simply applying BB cream can replace toner, serum, moisturer and sunblock, it sound worth to try~

I think it suitable for all skins.
I don't think it can replace toner. So apply a min toner first (& moisturizer if u want).
The rest can replace by BB cream. Make sure you get those bb cream with SPF and you can obmit using sunblock.

my basic make up is just Toner & BB creams.

Thus i think you can give it a try with skinfood or missha , those budget brands. Expensive one are like hanskin/BRTC etc...
jefftiew

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
My gf is using a korean brand BB cream (UGB) and heard is quite good. Futhermore, the blemish tone is just nice to her skin so she quite happy with it but the problem is not sure where to get it locally.
Kissmark
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:

Here's ingredients list for one of the highest SPF bb creams. Missha SPF42 PA+++:

Water (aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG - 10/1 Dimethcone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, PEG - 10 Dimethicone, Arbutin, Magnesiu, Aluminium Silicate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Caviar Extract, Adenosine, Algae Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Lea Extract, Sodium Hyalorunate, Ceramide 3, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Fragrance (parfum), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 - Cyclohexene Carbozaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha - Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol. MAY CONTAIN (+/-; Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I've been using this. The coverage is medium, and it only comes in two colors. i chose the lighter color and it's slightly too light for me, but I can get away with it. The finish is a little dewey but not greasy. It doesnt dry out my skin like mineral mu does. I havent use suring the summer though, so i am not sure if it will be too heavy in the summer. it hasnt clogged my pores or made me break out, but other than being a tinted moisturizer, i dont think any other claims are true.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier has a product called tinted moisturizer with SPF 20. I bought one. It looks exactaly like yellow or brownish foudation. It has the function of balancing the skin color and blocking uv too. So I was wondering what the difference between BB cream and this moisturizer is. Anybody know?
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
BB cream is a 4 in one, said to having properties, tinted moisturiser, in comparision don't have those functions of a BB cream such as it can be used as a makeup base, those with SPF can be used as a sunblock. go google, and u'll find the endless use of BB cream.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I use BRTC Jasmine water BB cream everyday. I LOVE IT.

BRTC is one of the more popular BB cream brands from Korea. I tried several:

Skin79 - not bad, but didn't match my skin tone much. Looks kinda cakey imo
Skinfood - this one has such good reviews of various blogs but it clogs my pores big time!! An hour after application, I had little bumps. I threw the tube away.

BRTC - I managed to get hold of a tube of Jasmine water and I absolutely fell in love! On the first day I used it, my colleagues commented on how fresh my face looked and they didn't know I had stuff on my face, they said it looked really natural. This BB cream is really good for oil absorption as well. I personally dont have oily skin, and it goes on great. I have a girlfriend that uses this too, she has oily skin and she said it keeps her skin hydrated without looking shiny all day.

I can't stop iterating how wondering discovering BRTC BB creams are. I introduced it to all my friends and they are all using it now.

One thing to note though, Jasmine water is pretty light toned so it will work great for fair-toned people. If you really wanna try this and you're a little darker, you can mix it with your foundation to make it darker and also reap the benefits of a BB cream. Another alternative is to buy the BRTC Caviar gold version of it. Caviar gold is darker in color and is also a tad richer (better for people with dry skin)

Various online stall sell it, try googling BRTC BB cream and you can find them. Its also available on Ebay!

GOOD LUCK!!
yoyo-mami
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't like it.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
yoyo-mami wrote:
I don't like it.

Maybe it will benefit everyone if you were to elaborate?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |