Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TRIA Hair Removal Laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MummyOf2
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angelina

Let us know how you get on after treatments?

Im too wondering about hair removal after using it if you can shave afterwards still (underarms & legs) I assume the fact they say shave before use that you can after too!

If you have facial hair have you been letting it go back to growth? You did know you needed to shave not pluck before using Embarassed joys for us women huh??
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
MummyOf2 wrote:
Sorry Keri one more Q if you don't mind Embarassed how long before your facial hair reduction was noticeable to the eye Very Happy

I really started to notice less hair on my face by the third treatment. My bikni line was more evident. I noticed a difference two weeks after the first treatment but two weeks after the second treatement as my hair was growing back was when I was really impressed. It's painful a bit using level three on certain areas like the bikini line but you'll get better and faster results if you can tolerate level three.

I ue level three everywhere. Level three does not really hurt my face at all. It tends to hurt more whereever the hair growth is really dense. A you lose more and more hair it becomes less painful on certain areas. It's nothing I can't tolerate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
angelina27 wrote:

My question if anyone might know,Is it okay to pluck after using Tria? or do you need to let the hair eject itself naturally for it to work?

Definitely don't pluck the hairs between treatments, angelina. In order for these laser/IPL treatments to work, there has to be some hair left in the follicle for it to target. Plucking removes the hair at the root, so isn't advisable.
MummyOf2
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I would put up with level 3 if it has better results.

Thanks again Keli really apprieciate your answers.

My TRIA is arriving tomorrow Shock
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Darn it! Damn this forum......

I practically have to sell plasma to get myself a Clarisonic....now the Tria! Crap, I am going to be sooo broke.

But hey, I will be broke but look like a million bucks! Cool
angelina27

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

Definitely don't pluck the hairs between treatments, angelina. In order for these laser/IPL treatments to work, there has to be some hair left in the follicle for it to target. Plucking removes the hair at the root, so isn't advisable.

Thanks! I didn't pluck before I did the treatments for a month, just shaved the area. I was just wondering if I could pluck them after I've treated the area, or if the follicle needs to remain in and just fall out naturally in the 10-14 days that they specify.
Danus

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
angelina27 wrote:

My question if anyone might know,Is it okay to pluck after using Tria? or do you need to let the hair eject itself naturally for it to work?

I don't think this is necessarily true. The hairs that are being ejected come out without any kind of resistance. I'd agree that you shouldn't be pulling out hairs that show resistance but as for the ones that have none, I'd say go for it. I have nothing to back this up with but it doesn't seem logical to me since those hairs are on their way out anyway via the ejection. I mean, worst that could happen is the hair breaks off the top part and the bottom part continues to be ejected, right? Correct me if I'm wrong...

As for if I satisfied with Tria after two treatments? I really can't say yet. I think this is something that I won't know until I get a few more treatments in. As for the results I've seen so far, I've definitely seen a change so I have no reason to return it and all the more reason to continue.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Danus wrote:
majorb wrote:
angelina27 wrote:

I don't think this is necessarily true. The hairs that are being ejected come out without any kind of resistance. I'd agree that you shouldn't be pulling out hairs that show resistance but as for the ones that have none, I'd say go for it. I have nothing to back this up with but it doesn't seem logical to me since those hairs are on their way out anyway via the ejection. I mean, worst that could happen is the hair breaks off the top part and the bottom part continues to be ejected, right? Correct me if I'm wrong...

As for if I satisfied with Tria after two treatments? I really can't say yet. I think this is something that I won't know until I get a few more treatments in. As for the results I've seen so far, I've definitely seen a change so I have no reason to return it and all the more reason to continue.

It's okay to very gently pull out loose hairs that offer no resistance, but I was always warned by the nurse who performed my salon laser treatment NEVER to actually PLUCK out hairs between treatments. If they come out easily with no plucking, then that's absolutely fine. However, if you pluck a hair and it breaks off at the root, you'll have to wait quite some time for it to grow back enough for the laser to work effectively on it.
MummyOf2
5% products discount

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Well my TRIA arrived. Its not unpacked ...Im very nervous due to how much it cost *gulp*

5% products discount

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck with your Tria, Mummy of 2. Did you buy it from the official website?
I am going to buy one as well, or get my husband to buy it as a birthday prsent, but not just yet, as I am going on my sunny holiday and will come back with a bit of a tan, so I have to wait.
MummyOf2
5% products discount

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Very Happy Im UK but yer bought it from the offical site. They have UK & USA site Very Happy Lucky you getting one for your birthday I wish I could have done that Laughing

I've used it on my face and underarms so far. Hoping to start my legs tomorrow or Sunday.

Underarms was more intense and went back from setting 3 to setting 2 and on my face I managed fine on setting 3 for the whole treatment.

I have read loads that its only 250 charges but my book says at least 300.

Also I see that the USA have to activate their TRIAS ...UK do not. I asked why but they didn't know in the UK dispatch office.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I used TRIA about twice so far , my upper lip and chin hair about 40 % gone ,arm hair 30% gone used on arms only once .I used the lowest setting as it hurts a lot.I increased the setting to 2 for the second round.
So far great progress and if I can use it on 3rd setting I think the results will be much faster but can not take the pain ,I even apply the Emla and it still hurts bad...anyway will keep you guys updated.
But whoever is thinking about buying should buy as it really works...

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
MummyOf2
5% products discount

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Can I ask how people are removing hair after their treatments? I only shave and use VEET (hair removal cream in shower).

I used the TRIA on my upper lip but Im interested in your hair removal methods prior and after I have a friend who will be using my TRIA for her upperlip only she said she goes over her upperlip with a razor every 3-4 days so she wants to know can she still do this before she uses it next weekend and Im not sure Think

Does hair eject on first treatment I may be barmy but Im sure Ive noticed it - I have not shaved under my arms this AM I usually do every day and I usually can tell and yes I can but it seems lighter amount???!! Maybe wishful thinking? Anxious

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I shave. I also would shave my upper lip and chin between Tria treatments. Plucking and waxing are no-no's since your removing the root which the Tria needs to "see". Any hair removal is fine as long as your not removing the root.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls

I started a review on the TRIA here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34295

Smile

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Treatment 3 update:

I'd estimate that I have between 60 - 70% hair loss so far. I've not shaved for at least 4 days now and I am only having little regrowth in various spots that I assume that I've either missed or whatever.

If it continues as it is, I can't imagine having any hair by the time I hit the 6th treatment.
qqshnhaigurl

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Tria as well. My target area was my underarm and my legs. I have hair on my arms but i dont think those are thick enough to be removed. I consulted a professional salon and this lady told me laser only works on hair like thisss... then she showed me her arm hair. Unfortunately, my arm hair were a lot thinner than hers. So i paid only to get my upper chin hair removed. I've had about 4 5 treatments and most of the hair are gone. However,the really thin ones just do not go away. They keep growing back.

Ok back to Tria. This thing hurts!!!!!!! I've only used it on the lowest setting on my under arm w/ 3 to 4 applications of LMX 4%. It really hurts!! I understand why professionals charge so much for laser hair removal now. Tria takes a long time to do b/c the treatment area is so tiny and you have to zap yourself so many times. At a professional salon the laser head is usually bigger (according to my upper lip treatment). And when other ppl zap you, it keeps on going. When i zap myself, i just can't help to stop and go again. So the only successful area i've done is my underarm w/ 4 treatments. 1st time was just trying and it hurts!!! 2nd i numbed it w/ ice pack and it wasn't cold enough.. still hurts. 3rd and 4th time i used LMX an hr before i started doing it. I would reapply lmx after my skin absorb it or it dries out. It does numb a little bit and it only REDUCES the pain. I only used the lowest setting and i still do see results. I just finished my 4th treatment and i can see hair falling out. I shave less and less everday. So i'm still very happy w/ Tria.

I am too chicken to do my legs. I tried Tria only once on my lower leg and it hurts so much! I tried lmx last night w/ about 3 thin applications. That little tube just do not give me enough to put on my leg. so after an hr, i did not feel much numbing effect on my lower leg. I tried to zap my lower leg and it hurts so i stopped.

I've had 1 application on my bikini area. I used a good amount of lmx and was able to bare the pain w/ the lowest setting. so far, i haven't seen any results. But i just did that 2 nights ago so that could also be why.

Lastly i wanna say. I am usually pretty good baring any kind of pain. I went to dentist w/o any shot to have my teeth fixed when i was younger. I've used epilator/wax before Tria. None bothered me as much as Tria. Tria hurts the most. Maybe it's an age thing? Now i'm older and i just can't bare the pain anymore.
qqshnhaigurl

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to say.. i googled numbing cream b/c of Tria. So far i bought two LMX 4% cream and you do the math. it's another hundred dollar. I am almost done w/ my 1st one. and i really put a big chunk on my bikini and under arm area.

anyways...when i was reading about numbing cream i read that maybe woman should use Tria in between our PMS. We are more sensitive to pain before and after PMS. I do not know if this makes any sense but sounds like a good strategy right? I have not been able to follow though. I do Tria whenever i feel like it. I also read that some people takea pain killer before Tria. This sounds legit to me but i've never tried it. I do not believe in pain killers so i dont know much about pain killers at all. Maybe some of you can give me a few tips. Hope my input helps
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Ms Tina, or someone who had it done professionally - what is the price range of doing it professionally? How many sessions did you do?
just69

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody,
I am 25 yo white male and I really want my back hair gone. I've been told that I am a perfect candidate for a laser hair removal because of my skin tone and hair color. I bought my Tria on the Nordstrom website for appr. $800. The unit arrived 2 weeks later. I completed my 2nd treatment this past Saturday but I can't really say whether the laser works or not yet. The discomfort level during the procedure is VERY similar to the one that I had at the salon (had 2 professional laser treatments). As mentioned in some other posts the most painful areas are those where the hair is very dense. It takes 2-3 charges to complete the whole area (entire back) on the highest setting. I'll keep you posted on my results!!!
JF
happycat01
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Hello again.

Ok, I have just got my TRIA yesterday and after charging it for three hours last night I gave it a go.

I started with my underarms on level 2, ouch, it was really uncomfortable, but that is because there is a lot of dark and thick hair in that area. I kind of rushed it, but next time hopefully there will be less hair and less painful. I remember my first bikini IPL session at the salon, that was absolutely horrific, I had tears in my eyes, it was seriously burning, but it was also very effective, some hairs came out by the time I got home that day!

After that I did my lower legs on level 2 as well, I probably could have done it on leel 3, but knew it would use a lot more power and didn't want to recharge the laser again.

I also did some patches on my face where I have a few dark hairs, I managed to do it on level 3 with very little discomfort.
All this with just one charge. Smile

So now I have to wait and see.

How are you guys getting on with your treatments?
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Ms Tina, or someone who had it done professionally - what is the price range of doing it professionally? How many sessions did you do?

I had it done back in 05 and I still have little hair that grows under my pits and "that" area. I love it. I really want to get the Tria for maintenance and to get those last hairs.

If I remember correctly, I got 6 treatments, but I don't know what I paid for them. I still rant and rave about it to everyone when I get into my swimsuit. If you saw my sister's pits (eck) we have that shadow all the time and the hair is corse black. I, on the other hand have very light hair and only a few grow here and there. In fact, I forget to shave a lot and then feel the wind take it. That is my signal to shave! ha ha

5% products discount

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:09 am      Reply with quote
No one else seems to be updating on their treatments, so here I go:

2nd Treatment:
Underarms on level 3, lower legs on level 2 and sides of face on level 3. This time I was more thorough and hopefully the results will follow.

I noticed bald patches appeared in my armpits about 10 days after the first treatment and also on my legs the hairs had started to come out easily. A few bald patches there as well, but not too noticeable.

I noticed the leaflet said that noticeable results should be expected after the 3rd treatment so... fingers crossed.
ocmomof3

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 am      Reply with quote
This is my first post I hope I am doing it right. When I have had laser hair removal done in the clinic, they have given me a lidocaine cream. I noticed this summer that the aloe I bought for my son who got sunburned also contained lidocaine. It is certainly cheaper than the price that I have paid for it in the past. You may want to give it a whirl and see if that helps.
sweetiebee

Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
hello everyone

i have read that this tria is working for people on this forum and im a bit confused.

i have been using the tria under arms and top lip and neither with any joy but before using tria i daily kept ontop of my top lip hair and still do - i would just run a razor lightly over the area i was paranoid not to but i am definately noticing no difference.

i am now wondering if for it to work do you need to let the hair grow and not using the razor daily? see i use to do underarms daily too but i havent for a little while yet still i have not notice a difference in about 6 to 7 treatments.

am i doing something wrong? can you help?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |