Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sonya Dakar Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: How much does the smell of your skincare product enter into how much you like it?

doesn't matter
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
matters a little
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
matters a lot
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody tried any of the products by Sonya Dakar? I recently bought their Bergamot Cleanser & Hydrasoft Moisturizing Lotion and I love them! I saw an article about this line in Allure & how all the movie stars in Hollywood have used this line, so I decided to try it. I LOVE the moisturizer! It makes your skin super, super soft (softer than any thing I've ever used actually), and keeps me really hydrated all day, but not greasy.
I was just wondering if anyone else has tried any of their other products and what your thoughts were on them.
Thanks!
Smile
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I have used a couple of the Sonya Dakar products. I had to order them from the USA as we cannot get them in the UK. I have tried the Mud Lavender Wash and the Drying Potion. The Mud Lavender Wash was way too drying for my skin so I only used about half of the tube. The Drying Potion is quite effective at drying out spots. Trouble is, it flakes off quite easily once applied. I did like the Drying Potion though so after I had used my 0.5oz bottle I had to wait until my boyfriend visited the USA and he kindly bought me back a 1oz bottle. He couldn't believe the price and neither could I. $45!!!! Still, I have looked after the bottle very carefully and I'm still using the stuff.
You have to be careful with the Drying Potion, besides it drying out your spots it also dries out in the bottle so you end up wasting half of it! Sad
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:49 am      Reply with quote
hmmm....that's too bad. I know you're right, their products are expensive. I haven't tried their drying products since my skin is sensitive/dry anyway.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:11 am      Reply with quote
After much soul searching for my top 3 products, I came up with my Sonya Dakar Triple Action Organic Scrub (TAOS) for one of my favs. Then I remembered this post...... Smile
I used to use it alot but now I've cut back to a couple of times a week (or less). I have it for the skin discoloration (I don't know the different ingredients between types). You need to be very careful with it - it's easy to scrub your skin way too hard with it - but once you learn the technique it's fine. I love the scent although alot of people would not like it at all. I'm frankly surprised with the fact that it doesn't bother my sensitive skin at all. It is very, very minty refreshing (eucalyptus) & the little bits (I can't quite figure out what they are but the label says walnuts(?)) clean deep down - I use it from my face to my boobs & all is really smooth when done. Smile
Their other products were good too but too pricey to have sent to Canada when I had other things that I liked that I could purchase here. The TAOS is different enough to have shipped & when I do I might throw in a face wash (Mud Lavender)to help justify the ridiculous $25 shipping fee.
I read in an interview with Sonya Dakar that if she had only one product to use it would be the Omega-3 repair complex/oil. It's good too but I figured that maybe she had alot on her shelves left to sell Rolling Eyes
Maybe it's too late but I hope the info helps.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ruth, I haven't tried that scrub, maybe I'll see if I can get a sample from Barney's. I tried the Omega3, but didn't really like it. Something about the smell and the way it just "sat" on my skin. I am totally in LOVE with the Seaweed Liposome Gel and the Hydrasoft Lotion thoiugh. It is soooooo pricy, but the upside is that it seems to really go a long way. That's so crazy that they charged you a $25 shipping fee! Rolling Eyes
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:54 am      Reply with quote
You know, maybe Barney's would ship for less & if not I'm sure that they have lots of other things that I could use. I might just give them a call & find out. Idea so, thank you!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I really love the way Omega 3 sits on my face. It makes my skin look younger! And it does not clog my pores.
I spend $100 to get free shipping.
2x Omega 3 that can last six months for me but if I use it on my chest it does not last as long.
And 1oz Drying potion. And sometimes triple action scrub.
It does not matter which section you buy the scrub from because everything is the same except for the essences put in there.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE the Bergomot cleanser. Overall I think her line is very good. I also use her peeling cream and Omega 3. They have a sample pack geared toward your skin type that I had bought initially. These sample pots last a long time.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I just tried the Bergamont Wash - it was way too rich from my skin.
The Triple action organic scrub actually made my skin sting, and I tried the Hydrasoft lotion for acne - really nice product. I like the 365 SPF 30 compared to other sunscreens for the face.

Just a note, there are much higher quality natural products on the market that deliver better results than her products. I see she has a name for herself and great marketing but the quality is just not there ... at all.

Feliz
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Sonya Dakar's salon where she bullies you into buying her whole line and signs you up to have diamond peels that you didn't ask for. When a celebrity comes in, she'll spend hours schmoozing with him/her while the receptionist does your facial. I went for hyperpigmentation and used the products for 6 months with zero results. I also saw many other women go in and out with skin problems that didn't get better.

I told her I was allergic to chemical sunscreens and she said her 365 didn't have any chemicals, threw it in the bag and charged me for it. When I went to use it, I looked at the ingredients and it was all the chemicals I was allergic to. I brought it back and they refused to give me a refund.

Her advertising is that all these famous actresses with beautiful skin go to her, but what they don't tell you is that many of them already have flawless complexions. I really wanted it to work because I spent so much money, but there are so many lines out there that are less expensive (less hype) with better results.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |