Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beginner and Needs Help, Please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kingofkings757
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

i am obviously new to this forum and i have been reading a lot about everyone suggestions about acne and how to take care of your skin. Well to start off i need help, I'm a beginner in this and i would like to become a novice with the help of everyone on this forum. First off, i am 20 years old, male and suffer from small breakouts around my face, i have red scars that don't hurt so I'm thinking its just there from the pimple before. When i do have breakouts it would be red bumps and some white heads, i do from time to time have black heads around my face but not so much as mild as my red bumps.
I am constantly going to a dermatologist and it seems like the medicine he has been giving me is really not working, my schedule goes as follows, i would take a pill called minocycline once a day, and use duac for the day and before i sleep i would use differin at night i have a facial wash called activas in which i use in the morning. My face is really clearing up but still suffer from pimples that pop up out of no where especially around my jawline and above my chin, i do watch what i eat and i do TRY to keep my face clean at all times. When i do use my activas skin cleaner, my right side of my face dries us really badly and i have no moisturizer to help sooth it so i end up just putting water over it. I sweat a lot because i am into sports and im afraid that my sweat will cause my skin more irritated if i don't do any thing.I am also starting Buzz On ACNE and it is telling me to stop my daily cleansing face wash and my other topicals because it doesn't mix well with those ingredients? What should i do or use?

What i wanted to ask from everyone on here is what should i use? Should i use a kit in which they will give me instructions on how to use the product? What i mean by kit is the moisturizer, cleaner, topicals, etc all in one kit. If so, what kind of kit? i am willing to spend a fortune on my skin because i will be taking a trip 4 months and i want my face to be at least decently clear before i go.. Any suggestions? I am also willing on buying everything separate with the right suggestions i may want to buy it separately, but it would be much easier in a kit i could buy.

Thank you very much for everyone's help.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I personally had great results with Proactiv, even when the antibiotics would not work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
You might consider an LED blue-based light therapy system that is designed to reduce inflammation and prevent acne breakouts. They are pricey, but you did say you're willing to spend a lot to deal with the problem.

Two companies that many of us have dealt with and find very reputable are ProLight and Lightstim. Google them and you'll find their websites. There are long, long threads here under the Skincare Tools section discussing LED lights with many of our positive experiences with them. Most of us use the red-amber-infrared lights for anti-aging, but I recall there are a few that have tried the blue-red anti-acne ones.

Good luck with this--you will find many threads here on this forum sharing ideas and experiences with acne. Let us know how things go for you.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
kingofkings757 wrote:
Hi everyone,

i am obviously new to this forum and i have been reading a lot about everyone suggestions about acne and how to take care of your skin. Well to start off i need help, I'm a beginner in this and i would like to become a novice with the help of everyone on this forum. First off, i am 20 years old, male and suffer from small breakouts around my face, i have red scars that don't hurt so I'm thinking its just there from the pimple before. When i do have breakouts it would be red bumps and some white heads, i do from time to time have black heads around my face but not so much as mild as my red bumps.
I am constantly going to a dermatologist and it seems like the medicine he has been giving me is really not working, my schedule goes as follows, i would take a pill called minocycline once a day, and use duac for the day and before i sleep i would use differin at night i have a facial wash called activas in which i use in the morning. My face is really clearing up but still suffer from pimples that pop up out of no where especially around my jawline and above my chin, i do watch what i eat and i do TRY to keep my face clean at all times. When i do use my activas skin cleaner, my right side of my face dries us really badly and i have no moisturizer to help sooth it so i end up just putting water over it. I sweat a lot because i am into sports and im afraid that my sweat will cause my skin more irritated if i don't do any thing.I am also starting Buzz On ACNE and it is telling me to stop my daily cleansing face wash and my other topicals because it doesn't mix well with those ingredients? What should i do or use?

What i wanted to ask from everyone on here is what should i use? Should i use a kit in which they will give me instructions on how to use the product? What i mean by kit is the moisturizer, cleaner, topicals, etc all in one kit. If so, what kind of kit? i am willing to spend a fortune on my skin because i will be taking a trip 4 months and i want my face to be at least decently clear before i go.. Any suggestions? I am also willing on buying everything separate with the right suggestions i may want to buy it separately, but it would be much easier in a kit i could buy.

Thank you very much for everyone's help.

Well king, you can never go wrong with a well formulated Benzyl Peroxide or salycilic acid product. There is lots of good information on this site in regards to what works and what doesn't. I would drop what you are using and try either this in a 2% BHA gel or lotion. http://www.paulaschoice.com/category/bha-aha-exfoliants with the blemish fighting solution over.

There is also this product which works wonders as well. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Adult-Acne-The-best-skin-treatment-in-the-world_W0QQitemZ290295328874QQihZ019QQcategoryZ29618QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Both products have worked wonderfully for me.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena also now has an acne kit that is available at most drugstores...I would probably try that first if it was me, since it is easily acessible and affordable.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm now have ordered a couple of things from paula's choice, I've heard good thing about this item, and I'm probably going to give it a try, i have called and set an order, I'll let everyone know how the results turn out.. Thank You so much? has anyone else found this product to work on them also?
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Kingofkings, I am a fellow Buzz on Acne user and let me tell you you have chosen the best and as far as I'm concerned the final way to get rid of your acne! I couldn't tell if you had started the Buzz on Acne or were getting ready to. Either way you don't want to mix the Buzz on Acne with any of the previous mentioned actives, like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. They are very clear about that in the beginning of the treatment. They recommend using something gentle, without actives and oil free although you can use Jojoba oil if you get dry. I am still using the cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer that I used in the beginning of the treatment. I've been using it for around 2&1/2 months and I'm completely acne free! Also now when I spray my face the Buzz on Acne feels so hydrating! And what they say about the glow is so true! Getting compliments on my skin is definitely something new for me! I have also been able to add my retin-a back in successfully.

I'm sorry that I missed your post on Saturday as I have been out of town. The Buzz on Acne treatment is very exciting and if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help!
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend Danne peels - they have amazing results. They cost around £75 a session and you will need around 10 - so not sure if this is too expensive. Hope this helps

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I got rid of all my acne with using clay masks, all natural, no preservatives, just pure clay powder ( French green clay or rhassoul clay) and it worked wonders!!! no heavy moisturizers after that...just pure aloe vera gel! OMG, i cant belive I am using only 2 super cheap products on my face and its sooo clean!!!
kingofkings757
5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again for more sources, and information. Well as of right now i am using 3 paula's choice products, and buzz on acne, i heard a lot of good reviews about these product i have purchased and hopefully a good review can come out of me.. so far in the mornings and just before i go to bed i am using the one step face cleanser and spraying on buzz on acne, then applying the hydrating treatment cream from paulas choice ( the moisturizer i only apply in the day along with the SPF 45 ). Anymore suggestions? thoughts? thanks everyone you all are so much help.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I think you need something stronger then differin, like retin-a or tazorac. I used differin and it did nothing for me. But if you are using .1 I would definitely try .3 before moving on.

Also if you derm is not helping you do find another one. I think I went thu 6 of them before I found a good one.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |