Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

When to start using anti-aging skincare products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pumi

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

My name is pumi and I am new to EDS. I am 27 and have noticed some fine lines developing on my forehead due to frowning.

My question is: Is it appropriate for me to start using an anti-aging product to tackle my fine lines or is it too soon to use anti-aging creams/serums? Else, is there any other method to get rid of my frown lines? What age do people normally should use their anti-aging product? I am very confused and would appreciate all your input.

Thanks in advance.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Pumi wrote:
Hi everyone,

My name is pumi and I am new to EDS. I am 27 and have noticed some fine lines developing on my forehead due to frowning.

My question is: Is it appropriate for me to start using an anti-aging product to tackle my fine lines or is it too soon to use anti-aging creams/serums? Else, is there any other method to get rid of my frown lines? What age do people normally should use their anti-aging product? I am very confused and would appreciate all your input.

Thanks in advance.

Pumi,

It is never too soon to start Smile. I too am 27 and have been using anti-aging products since I was about 22. Aside from skincare, you can get professional treatments to help with the frown lines and then there is always botox. I would start a skincare regime and with the right products you will see an improvement.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Puma,
you might want to look into facial exercises before spending money on botox..or even expensive actives (some of which i'm not sure are actually save ..in the long run.. since they are not FDA approved..since they are considered to be a cosmetic and not a drug!!)

many people on this forum consider them to be the number one regenerative and preventative 'tool' for anti-aging.

a number of people on this forum also have stopped using botox and/or fillers as a result of doing facial exercises.

the least expensive and less time consuming..and many feel..the most effective..of these exercises is 'Ageless if You Dare'...take a look on this thread on the 'skincare tools and do it yourself skincare' forum on EDS.

there is also a 'do you do facial exercises' thread on the 'makeup and skincare' forum here.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

'Ageless if You Dare'...take a look on this thread on the 'skincare tools and do it yourself skincare' forum on EDS.

there is also a 'do you do facial exercises' thread on the 'makeup and skincare' forum here.

Here is the link.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&highlight=ageless+dare
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I would recommend starting early 20's, more as a preventative measure. I started using sunscreen daily at 19, Vit. C serums mid 20's. I am mid to late 30's now, people are suprised to hear my age, skin is in really good condition. hths. Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Pumi, I agree. The sooner you start on a good routine the better!
Sunscreen
Vitamin C serum
Facial exercise/massage
Good nutrition

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I agree its never to early to start Razz
Its easier to prevent then correct.
I think daily suncreen and vitamin C serum or some other antioxidant serum is the way to go.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the best way to start is by wearing sunscreen. The sun is the main cause of wrinkles and it is important to protect yourself with at least spf 15.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 27 too. I once had some fine lines (horizontal) on my forehead, NL and an odd one beside the bridge of my nose. I actually have really good genes with all the women in my family looking much younger than their ages, so when I noticed these lines I got really busy. The lines no longer exist, but it took awhile. I dry brush my face daily, use a Clarisonic, Retin-A, Vit. C, sunscreen, and I also do the Ageless facial exercises.

Start now. You'll be happy you did.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Keeping the water content of your skin and avoiding sunshine should be the key points to keep away from wrinkles. I usually drink at least 1L of water every day even I am not thirsty at all. And use good moisturizer( I use nuxe.) It may help. Good luck.
Moonface001
5% products discount

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:14 am      Reply with quote
No, 27 is not too early to start. Like a lot of people have said the earlier the better, but obviosly we can not change the past and only change what we do when we learn. So the first thing to do is simply start reading. This forum alone has lots of informarion. Do some specific searches on a topic at a time so you do not get over whelmed. For example some of the things mentioned above: sunscreen, vitamin c, facial exercises and others like vitamins, topical vitamin a, and skin types. Have fun with your search.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
I dry brush my face daily, use a Clarisonic, Retin-A, Vit. C, sunscreen, and I also do the Ageless facial exercises.

What type of Retin-A do you use and is it prescribed? If so, is it generic or a name brand? My doctor prescribed me a name brand, but my insurance does not cover it and it will cost over $200. So I was wondering if I will get the same results from a generic one.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Moonface001 wrote:
No, 27 is not too early to start. Like a lot of people have said the earlier the better, but obviosly we can not change the past and only change what we do when we learn. So the first thing to do is simply start reading. This forum alone has lots of informarion. Do some specific searches on a topic at a time so you do not get over whelmed. For example some of the things mentioned above: sunscreen, vitamin c, facial exercises and others like vitamins, topical vitamin a, and skin types. Have fun with your search.

When progressing from 'prevention' to 'active correction', is there a different strategy or different types of products you use to tackle each stage? I'm 29 and I use Vit C, Tazorac, EGFs and sunscreen. When do I need to worry about upgrading to more heavy duty actives? And what would those be? Thanks!
ourlovestory
5% products discount

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen is a MUST and eye masks too! If you did not take care, you will start to see fine lines before 30.

When washing your hair, do not rinise it from the top as the shampoo will irritate your eyes, thus you will tense to close your eyes tight which might caused winkles too! It will be better to wash your hair away from the shampoo from the side and slowly from top.

It is never to early to take prevention. Good Luck! Smile
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
ourlovestory wrote:
Sunscreen is a MUST and eye masks too! If you did not take care, you will start to see fine lines before 30.

ourlovestory, what eye masks do you use? do they help with fine lines?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've used both. My mom is a physician so I'm always getting products from her, but the latest tube I used was the name brand Retin-A. Unfortunately my Chiweenie reached up on the side table, got it down and demolished the tube I had.

I actually LOVE Tazorac cream. It works so much better on me than Retin-A, but I couldn't afford it and my mom didn't have samples. Thanks to this board, however, I found alldaychemist (the pharmacy website) and I ordered two tubes of Tazorac and two of Retin-A. They should arrive this week and I paid under $50 for everything (plus I ordered the numbing Climax spray for dermarolling).

Also, I know a lot of people are crazed about the expiration dates on products from those websites, but the latest tube of Retin-A I was using was at least 4 years past expiration and it still worked fine (I did not get it from a website, but from my mom's stash). This is not something I necessarily advocate--to go find super old stuff and smear it all over yourself--, but my mother gave me the okay and I still got the exact same results so I wouldn't worry too much if what you get is going to expire in 6 months as some have.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411,

I forgot to really address what you asked. Technically, I don't have a prescription since I generally swipe the items from my mom's office. But re. generics vs. name brands: She always gives me generics Rxs and has me try them out for awhile. If I have a problematic side effect or it's not working properly, we'll try the name brand because often generics will have more side effects than name brands. However, I don't believe this is the case with these creams in particular. I think you'll have just as much success with the generic Retin-A.

You can ask your Dr. for the generic and he/she'll write it on the Rx or you can specify this directly to the pharmacist--though some products do not have generics in the US yet. (not the case with Retin-A)

You don't need an Rx to order from alldaychemist so give it a try. Just make sure you know if you're ordering the cream or the gel. I personally hate the gel products. Also, buy in bulk because the shipping is quite high.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
kdd2411,

I forgot to really address what you asked. Technically, I don't have a prescription since I generally swipe the items from my mom's office. But re. generics vs. name brands: She always gives me generics Rxs and has me try them out for awhile. If I have a problematic side effect or it's not working properly, we'll try the name brand because often generics will have more side effects than name brands. However, I don't believe this is the case with these creams in particular. I think you'll have just as much success with the generic Retin-A.

You can ask your Dr. for the generic and he/she'll write it on the Rx or you can specify this directly to the pharmacist--though some products do not have generics in the US yet. (not the case with Retin-A)

You don't need an Rx to order from alldaychemist so give it a try. Just make sure you know if you're ordering the cream or the gel. I personally hate the gel products. Also, buy in bulk because the shipping is quite high.

Thanks a lot for the info! I plan on ordering the cream, because I have heard the gel is sort of harsh and my skin can tend to be dry.
maryannek

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Razz It is never too early to take care of your skin. The best products are from Nu SKin. They actually have a patented anti-aging skin line. Feel free to contact me with any questions,
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Different product has different suitable age.
I think the primary anti-aging product can be used after the age of 25. But, however, some anti-aging has great effect and therefore has to be used after 40 or 45 yesrs old.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Different product has different suitable age.
I think the primary anti-aging product can be used after the age of 25. But, however, some anti-aging has great effect and therefore has to be used after 40 or 45 yesrs old.
ourlovestory
5% products discount

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello Aiva, I am using a korean gel mask which I leave it overnight. I used it once a week and the result is perfect, keep my eyes hydrated; even my mum is fighting to use it! Smile My beautina told me that if your eyes are hydrated, fine lines will not appear easily. Normally dry skin is at risk more than hydrated skin.

If you do go for facial, eye treatment will help ciculation and will helps with fine lines from appearing too.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
ourlovestory wrote:
Hello Aiva, I am using a korean gel mask which I leave it overnight. I used it once a week and the result is perfect, keep my eyes hydrated; even my mum is fighting to use it! Smile My beautina told me that if your eyes are hydrated, fine lines will not appear easily. Normally dry skin is at risk more than hydrated skin.

If you do go for facial, eye treatment will help ciculation and will helps with fine lines from appearing too.

What is the name of the mask and can you purchase it online?
Pumi

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your all your helpful replies, everyone. I really appreciate. I agree with you prevention is better than cure. I will look into facial exercises before trying botox or anti-aging creams. Cheers:)
Pumi

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
I'm 27 too. I once had some fine lines (horizontal) on my forehead, NL and an odd one beside the bridge of my nose. I actually have really good genes with all the women in my family looking much younger than their ages, so when I noticed these lines I got really busy. The lines no longer exist, but it took awhile. I dry brush my face daily, use a Clarisonic, Retin-A, Vit. C, sunscreen, and I also do the Ageless facial exercises.

Start now. You'll be happy you did.

I will thanks:)
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |