Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone using any skin Rx's? What other ones have you tried?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Retin-A-Micro, 0.1%.
I'm using it for acne and to help smooth out my skin.

I've tried;
Clindoxyl
Minocycline (100mg's daily)
Clindamycin in dabber form
Tazorac (0.1%, in both cream and gel)
Differin (0.1%)
Accutane (40mg's a day)(this gave me amazing results for cystic acne, but superficial acne "came back" and is currently being treated w/ Retin-A-Micro.)

There are at least 4 other Rx's but I just can't remember the names of them.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I tried tetracycline and benzoyl peroxide 10% (needed a prescription back then)

My bro used accutane 3 times and got liver problems from it....now he's using proactiv and it's worked super well for him
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Initially, my doctor tried me on a round of high-dose tetracycline. It did start to clear me up nicely, but due to side effects, I had to quit taking it. Sad Next, I tried Clindamycin gel. I like this for inflamed acne, and I need to get a new prescription for it at my next appointment. I am going to ask for Retin A Micro then, too. He did mention Accutane as a possibility, but I don't think that my acne issues are severe enough to go that route. I am hoping that a combination of Clindamycin and Retin A Micro will take care of both the inflamed and clogged pore type of issues that I have.

Tina
Bonnie
5% products discount

Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man. I've tried E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.!!!

Well....at least it seems like it....

My list is very similar to yours, Dalguy:
Minocycline
Tetracycline
Doxycycline
Aldactone
Cleocin
Benzaclin
Clindamycin
Retin-A Micro 0.1% gel
Tazorac 0.1% gel

And not to mention the HUNDREDS of OTC products/potions I've tried. Rolling Eyes

Arg. The thing is, if you looked at my face you'd say "oh..your skin isn't even that bad." And it's not. But the acne I DO have is soo persistant. I've had it since I was about 10 and it's still poppin up at the ripe ol' age of...well...21. But for me that's over half of my life so it definitely bothers me.

It's funny because I'm so diligent about caring for my face. It's not like I never gave the products a chance. Each one was used for at least several months at a time. Usually longer. My acne is just so persistant that absolutely nothing even makes a slight difference. Usually these prescriptions just seem to irritate my skin and I end up with more breakouts.

Now I am on Accutane. Starting at 20mgs a day and next month will get up to the dose of 40mgs which is what I will stay on (I'm small...5'3 and about 98lbs, so it's an appropriate dose). I haven't seen much of a difference yet, but I really haven't been on it that long. Only a couple of weeks. In fact, I think it's made things a tiny bit worse, but I sort of expected that to happen. I'm starting to experience the dryness of hands, lip, feet, but it's okay. I stay well moisturised. I really hope that this is going to work. It's sort of my last hope. Sad

I'm optomistic, though. And like I said in my first post...it's not even that bad. With Jane Iredale, nobody can really tell I have any skin problems. But it bothers me so much. Maybe it's a vanity thing. I don't know. I just want to go out without makeup someday and not feel self consious.

And that, my friends...is my LIFE STORY! Lol. ...sorry....

Bonnie
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I use Tazorac Cream .05% on my face about every 3 nights (anti-aging) and Tazorac Cream .1% (one week on and one week off)on the bottom of my feet, my palms, tips of fingers and behind my left ear for eczema. Weird I know...trying to get my nerve up for PUVA therapy.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |